(a) what happened in that accident

3. How many tickets you've gotten
(a) tickets for what

4. What cars youve owned throughout your driving history

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S6QbYk3ulFc?t=4m35s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

16 years for cars and 20 for bikes.

2 accidents. Hydroplaned when I was 16 in a prelude and clipped a guard rail on a bridge. Second one was a year ago, some lady SLAMMED on her brakes in front of my loaded down work truck. I slammed on mine but the little car stopped WAY faster than the work truck. Not bad, but fucked up my bumper.

tickets: god, 20?

About 40 so far and 6 or 7 motorcycles. Not including the shop cars me and my partner have owned.

Driving 4 years

No accidents

1 ticket from a fucking stupid cop having a slow day. I've parked on this same spot near my home with no problems for 4 years, until this fucked cop comes and says I was parked 7 feet from a fire hydrant (must be 15 feet). 150 dollar ticket.

Owned a 2012 altima, now a 2016 Hyundai Sonata hybrid se

About that second accident... What did insurance say about that? Just curious. Did your rate go up?

Its always the case with insurance companies that if you hit anyone from the back you're always at fault no matter what.

england

5 years

0/0

0/0

driven for a living since i got my licence too, pizza delivery/now courier (own business around 50k miles/year

BMW 318i

peugeot 406

volvo 740 GL 1988 petrol injection

volvo 740 estate petrol injection

volvo 760 turbo manual 1988 (best car ive ever owned - regret selling it - but had a drinking problem worse then me)

volvo 850 saloon 2.5 auto

volvo 850 2.5 10 valve manual

volvo 850 2.3 T5 manual

volvo 850 2,3 T5 auto

volvo 850 AWD LPT

volvo 850 2.3 T5 auto

volvo 850 2.5 manual

volvo 850 2.3 T5 auto

volvo 940 saloon manual 4speed turbo

volvo 940 estate AUTO GLE (16 valve head - rare)

volvo 940 late model manual (m90 ) and LPT

volvo 940 manual 2.3 n/a

vw bora 1.6 16valve petrol manual faily quick, nice car, my first car

toyota camry unfortunately auto, but a nice car, 3.0 V6

skoda octavia 2.0 or something tdi manual, boring

older skoda octavia again boring spec 2.0 TDI manual earlier 2002 model

volvo s60 T5 manual, pretty fun, currently driving

mercedes sprinter LWB, currently using for work, nice for a van, manual, 160 bhp 2011 plate

ford transit lwb, 90 bhp manual garbage

volvo v50 2005, 2.0 turbo diesel manual 6 speed, nice car, but boring spec

volvo V50 1.6 manual diesel, for what it is, very nice, quick for a 1.6 very very good mpg, also R design package

classic V70 with 300,000 miles on it, 2.5 manual petrol, drives like new, but boring

jaguar X type, 1 owner bought from family member, 2.0 v6 with sport package, nice car, well maintained perfect condition, but pretty boring

Since it was on the work insurance nothing happened. But I'm also in my 30's with a clean record (all my tickets were dropped through the years). On my work insurance it's 1 wreck without a problem, second one in 2 years means higher rates. And yeah, generally you are at fault for rear hits. Unless the come sliding in front of you out of no where or pull out in front of you. Technically I was at fault, even though she randomly locked her fucking brakes up in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah I'm a cab driver so I use my car daily too... But put on like 300 miles a day on it.

Why so many damn cars in just 5 years?

1. for about 9 years.

2. while driving, I've never been in a collision. not driving, 4 times.
>backing out of a driveway, someone smashes into us
>getting into our neighborhood, someone tries to beat us out coming in from a curve and smashes into us
>while pulling into a gas station, someone rear ends us
>many years ago, senpai vacation, we are on a 70 mph road and we slow down to make a turn, someone crashes into us into our side. worst crash I've ever been in.

3. zero. "pulled over" once, in my neighborhood.

4. v down there
>Toyota Celica GTS
>Dodge Caliber SRT4
>Nissan 240SX
>Base model 2015 Ford Focus

15 years

1 accident.... I rear ended a caddy

I've gotten a lot of tickets. All for speeding

99 Nissan Sentra, 84 Dodge 1500, 05 Chevy Colorado, 10 Dodge Charger, 89 Honda Civic hatch, 95 bagged Nissan hardbody, and right now I have a bagged 01 Chevy Silverado

4 years driving, 2 different cars
No reportable accidents, a few minor scuffs and parking dings, mostly on the receiving end.

No tickets, warned twice in two separate states about a year and a half apart.

Pajero sport / focus

Yeah gotta watch out for the dumbasses who come up from no where and give no signals or anything. Always keep a dash cam in your car

i just like fixing up cars, i never do major jobs, but you know, i like to have something to work on at the weekends

this s60 is nice, but honestly i'd love another 850 T5 manual when one comes around, just gotta wait until the right one shows up, i still regret selling my mauve 854 T5 manual, that was a great car too

also back when i was doing pizza delivery and whatever, i sort of relied on the money i made selling/buying as a sort of top-up income

Use the waze app to know where cops are and where speed cams are to avoid those speeding tickets. Waze is only good for cities though like NYC. Not sure about rural areas.

Cool man, whatever money you can make. Every penny counts.

its more for the love of cars, really

i often lose money but i save the cars from the scrapyard in the sky, so i dont care

in the uk its very much not-profitable to buy/sell 1990's volvos

i know what im doing is the right thing

stay true

>1. How long you've been driving
2 years

>2. How many accidents you've been in
once. Someone crashed into my back because I brake a bit late.

it was basicly like this
youtu.be/S6QbYk3ulFc?t=4m35s
It also was dark.

>3. How many tickets you've gotten
around 10 for speeding.
I live in germany and speeding coasts between 15€-25€ if its under 20km/h above the allowed speed.

Around 10 tickets for wrong parking and twice my car got picked up by state and I had to pay 300-400€ both times.

>4. What cars youve owned throughout your driving history
Citroen Saxo '98
Toyota corolla compact '99 (currently)

>State: Virginia
5 years
Zero

Zero

Fuck the law 55=80 and I hate sitting on 7

Little over six and a half years now.

None.

>(a) tickets for what
Traffic tickets? None. Well, I had a registration problem. I thought my registration ended on my birthday, however the woman at the DMV made it the 4th of July instead of the 30th. Had to go to the city hall and get it taken care of. Basically proved I renewed my registration that coming Monday.

Starting with the first
>1985 Nissan Sentra 5 speed
>1985 Chevrolet 3/4 Scottsdale automatic
>2001 Buick Century
>1987 Ford Mustang 5 speed
>2000 GMC Safari AWD

Waze and rural areas don't mix. Good for the highway and interstate but that's about it.

There just isn't enough people populating it with data.

>I just like fixing up cars
Same here mate. Instead if buying with intent to sell I just help all my non car friends with their cars. What types of repairs do you usually do? Friend of mine flips cars for a living.
>Usually alignment & full detail + paint correction
>Usually makes +75-150% profit just by polishing a turd

Uncle has a 1987 Corvette with 27,XXX miles on it. It's in immaculate condition inside and out cosmetically. Unfortunately the fuel pump died at 27,XXX in 97. Trying to get him to let me work on it.

Told him everything that needs to be done before we even try and start it and his response was
>Well you have to know what you're doing because it's an expensive car

Fuel tank smells like varnish. From my understanding the pump quit and it was parked afterwards. No proper storage methods were done so it's going to need quite a bit of work.

He has been pushing it out of the garage every year to uncover it and wash / wax the car. He then pushes it back inside to cover it up till next year.
For shits and grins I asked what he'd want for it
>$12,500

11 years

only ones I've actually owned:
2011 Ford Fiesta
2016 VW Jetta GLI SEL

10 Years

Three Accidents:
>rear-ended a car
>driver had no reverse lights
>had rolled forwards past the line then backed up
>traffic clears they backup instead of going forwards
>i let out the clutch and start rolling when i see tail lights go away
>both quickly stomp brake
>still hit

>got rear-ended at a light
>sitting at a red light
>whack
>driver is an off duty cop, long shift fell asleep in traffic
>total bro about fixing my shit

>driving home from work
>two lanes of traffic in each direction and center turning lane (dual use)
>in left lane passing cars in my Heep
>bumper is a high clearance crawler bumper basically an axe wedge of 3/6" plate steel
>out of state driver following GPS and lost
>GPS tells her to make a U-turn
>she slams on her brakes and cross into my lane to get to the turning lane
>full braking, but, 31" tires and stock Heep brakes
>slice clean through her bumper cover, bumper support
>insurance totals her car
>i walk away +/- nothing other than a can of bedliner. (after a long battle with her insurance, she lied and said I got arrested for DUI on the spot...)

Three Tickets, all speeding.

Doesn't always help, my only two speeding tickets have come from the same thing.

On stretch of road all by myself late at night or early morning
Car behind me off in the distance
Speeds up to catch me
Don't pay much attention to it cuz radar detector isn't going off
BWOOP BWOOP DIS DA POLICE
Do you know why I pulled you over? I paced you at #, # and #. That's well above our enforcement range so I'm gonna have to cite you.

Both sheriffs in crown vics.. I recognize explorer headlights and Charger headlights but the crown vics I rarely see so I never think of it.

forgot cars:

1996 Interga (never driven, stolen out of my driveway)
1993 Del Sol
1994 Pathfinder
1998 Wrangler
1967 Baja Bug
2011 Mazda3

1. 6 years

2: 4
(a) Rear-ended at a traffic light
(b) Backed into some retard illegally parked under zero lighting at night 5mph; no damage so I drove off. Was a riced Civic with bullethole stickers all over it so I don't really care anyway
(c) Merging onto highway, completely clear, two cars ahead of me, moron in front gets spooked and slams his brakes as does the guy in front of me just as I glance over to double-check it's clear; guy in front of me had way better brakes. Keep in mind we're close together because that tends to happen with on-ramps
(d) Went full retard and took a corner on a highway exit too fast and understeered over the curb; in my defense the same exit speed limit a half mile up the road can be taken at double what I was doing by pickups

3. Pulled over for speeding and tint violations constantly, former is always dropped or lowered to said tint violation, latter is sometimes dropped. Probably pulled over at least 20 times by now

05 Civic (accident a)
08 Mazda3
07 Mustang GT (accident b and d)
02 Miata (accident c)
12 370z

Still have the Miata and Z, going to sell the Z soon though.

6 years
99 camry
Insurance is still nearly $90 a month, feels bad

>How long you've been driving
8 years

>How many accidents you've been in
Got rear ended at a stop light once, guy said "his foot slipped." Very minor damage to my rear bumper cover, got it fixed for free by my friend and told the guy it cost me 200 bucks.

>How many tickets you've gotten
One for having no front plate, one for speeding.

>What cars youve owned throughout your driving history
1990 miats

Virginia.

Been driving for maybe 11 years.

One legit accident where some teenage cunt-rag ran a stop sign and side-swiped me. Bitch got away with it because she lied to her mother saying that I was the one who hit her. Pursuing legal action would've been too expensive so I just let it go. Other than that... I've put numerous dents and dings in my cars from drunk driving when I was younger.

Two speeding tickets:
54 in a 35
74 in a 55

1994 Honda Civic sedan
2001 Honda Civic sedan
2007 Lexus IS 350

3 years, didn't take drivers ed until my senior year of high school

Only one while I was driving, car ahead of me turning into side road to do a u-turn and didn't even fucking look and T-boned me as I passed the road

0 tickets, never been pulled over either

04 Saturn Vue (totaled by T-bone)
89 Volvo 240
02 Volvo XC70
85 Nissan 720
89 Volvo 740 Turbo

Illinois, currently in colorado for a few years
Been driving maybe 5 years, a lot more in the past 2
No accidents other than tapping my mom's truck parallel parking, didn't dent/scratch anything
No tickets
First car was a 98 dodge intrepid with 250k, then a 92 cherokee with 200k, now driving a 90 miata with 150k, first car was my sister's old car, I bought the jeep and miata with my own funds

1. Six years
2. Zero
3. Zero
4. VW Polo x2, Suzuki Swift x2, Suzuki Alto, Citroen XM. I've been pulled over twice, both times driving the only car I've modified. Go figure.

1 year almost
2 accidents
2 tickets
Had f30 and crashed, then to father's e60 which got stolen and just other day I crashed mothers mini

Started learning to drive in an old manual S10 farm truck with my grandfather when I was about 12 which was 15 years ago. Took driver's ed and got a learners permit 13 years ago.
0 times that my vehicle came into contact with another vehicle or object that it shouldn't have. 1 time that I crashed because of an old lady but didn't hit her.
>(a) what happened in that accident
Was on my motorcycle going to work. Came up to a round-a-bout and slowed nearly to a stop because a car was coming around it. The car exited down the road that I was entering from so I began to accelerate into the round-a-bout. Leaned into the turn going around it at about 20 mph when an old lady who actually stopped before entering into it, pulled right out in front of me from the right. The moment I realized what she was doing I stood the bike up and got on the brakes hard. Unfortunately I locked the rear wheel which caused it to slide out to the right and the bike went down. We both came to a stop with my tires sticking under the edge of her crossover shitbox. Only a tiny scratch on my elbow and a few scratches on the clutch cover and tail light. Should have called the police and filed a report because she was being a real bitch about it but in the end I decided to let it go.
3. How many tickets you've gotten
>(a) tickets for what
Not related to the motorcycle 'crash', but I've had several speeding tickets. Best one was 91 in a 70, but I think every other one I've gotten (even when I was going 15-20 over) was reduced by the officer to 10 mph over the limit on the ticket which is a non-moving violation in my state and does not go on your record as long as you pay the fine. Helps to be honest and respectful with the popo.
2000 Kia Sportage (the only one I don't still own)
1998 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Harley Iron 883 Sportster
2014 Mustang GT Premium

>Waze and rural areas don't mix. Good for the highway and interstate but that's about it.
>There just isn't enough people populating it with data.
I really want to love waze but it is utter shit unless you know the route you want to take.
It offers no suggestions for alternate routes unless you want to fiddle with it. When you finally do detour it constantly wants to send you back to the road you were stuck on.

I end up mounting two phones on long road trips, one with waze and one with Gmaps just so I can reroute if traffic gets rough.

13 years

Got pulled over multiple times by cops just wanting to look at my car, though. Always friendly.

1979 Trans Am (still own, many security and tracking devices stuck in it)
1993 Tempo (exploded and burned down)
1996 Grand Marquis (got stolen, never found)
1999 Econoline (sold)
2010 Charger (hey it was cheap)
20XX Tesla Model 3 (well, the $1k is down at least, and I could write a check for it today if needed.)

1. 4 years
2. None (thank god, insurance pillages your asshole if you're under 25)
3. None. But I have been pulled over twice. Once I was going 6* in a 35 zone, the other was my tabs were 10 months expired. Verbal warnings both times.
4. One car. My 05 Lancer has been good to me my whole life. But (hopefully) soon I will be downsizing to an S2000.

>"pulled over"
Elaborate?

1. 3 months
2. 0
3. 0
4. E90 325i

>how long
15 years
>accidents
1)Rear-ended at 30mph-ish while slowing to make a left turn - no damage to me
2) Was driving too fast in snow, came to a red light and slid on ice, swerved off the road and wrapped my car around a telephone pole - totaled
3) DWI, wrapped my car around a tree - totaled
4) rear-ended a car while fiddling with the radio - $1700 worth of damage to me
5) Rear-ended in a rental while leaving the office - minimal damage
>how many tickets
I've forgotten all of my tickets, but most were for speeding. Two most recent tickets:
1) speeding 25+mph above posted limit
2) illegal left turn, but I got off easy. The officer wrote the citation for failure to sign my registration. I signed it and got the citation withdrawn
>cars I've owned
Nothing interesting
1) 1991 chevy corsica - this car was awful, but it sure put up with a lot more abuse than it should have.
2) 1996 ford taurus - why? I was broke and needed a car, and this was available. The auto transmission needed repair twice in the 2+ years I owned it.
3) 2003 focus svt - this was the car in which I learned to drive manual. It was also the car car I wrecked in the snow. I only owned it for 3 weeks; it deserved a better owner.
4) 1997 Saab 900se - It was a nose-heavy pig, but as my introduction to turbocharged cars, it was a blast. This is the car I wrecked while drunk. It deserved a better owner. I'll always have a soft spot for SAAB.
4) 1998 hyundai accent - This shitbox was a lot of fun, actually, but it was an oil-burning piece of shit. I drove it into the ground, which only took about a year
5) 2007 mini cooper s - I wish I had done my homework before buying this car, as it was a huge money pit. I owned it for 2 years before the timing chain broke, and then my poor car was dead. Fun car, wish I had purchased the 2010+ version with the n18 engine.
6) 2006 Mini Cooper S - My current vehicle, and superior to the r56

pic is not mine, just the same color

My neighbor had a Mini Cooper S for a while. I rarely spoke to him, but could tell it was a problem because he always had loaner cars. Now he has a Ford Fusion haha.

>DWI, wrapped my car around a tree - totaled
I drove drunk pretty much every weekend when I was younger and somehow got away with it. Closest I ever came to getting fucked was when I got pulled over after 8-9 beers. Cop gave me a speeding ticket and sent me on my way. Wew!

I don't know how I lost control of the car. I remember stopping at a diner on my way home, and leaving the diner, and then I was in a smashed up car, climbing out of the sunroof, because the car was too mangled to open the doors.

1. 4 years
2. 1
>on busy highway doing 55
>semi truck Infront on off ramp stops
>crosses chevrons to merge back into my lane at 5mph
>tried braking as hard as I could, no use, nowhere to go
>total first car
Pissed me off the most was he couldn't even speak English, my insurance and the cops were total bro's though
3. 1
Was 18, empty arrow straight road with 30mph limit, pulled over doing 70. Who wouldn't though?
4. Only two, both 2013 and 15 Dodge Dart Rallye and GT respectively
On the topic, looking to get something new that isn't a civic, suggestions would be great

1. 10 years
2. Two accidents
(a)backed into a car
(b)backed into a car
3. Three tickets
(a) 99mph on an interstate
(b) I accidentally cut off a cop in a merge
(c) 45mph in a 30mph zone
4. Starting with most recent:
06 Mini Cooper
92 BMW 325iC
96 Volvo 960
02 Chevrolet S10

16 years

Lift off oversteer, through hedge, burst tyre

Lift off oversteer, into mud bank, 2x new headlamps, grill, hammered wing back into shape, zipties on bumper, hammered inner wing back into contact with chassis rail, covered gap in thick paint.

1 ticket 86mph on dual carriage way (70 limit)

1974 VW beetle 1300
1979 VW scirrocco storm
1991 VW Golf 1.3
1980 VW Golf GTI 1.8
1991 VW Jetta 1.6
1988 Audi Coupe 2.1
1971 VW Beelte 1641 turbo
1994 VW Polo 1.4
1995 Golf GTI 16v
1991 Eunos Roadster 1.6 *
1988 Golf GTI 2.0 16v *
2000 Audi TT 225 *

*Still own, going to sell the mazda and/or the golf to make room in the garage for a lotus 7 style car and some classic bike to tinker with on cold winter nights

>michigan
>10 years
>0
>0
>99 neon
>93 miata
>03 350z
I've had a lot of close calls in winter where other drivers who can't into stopping or turning have entered my lane

>State:
PA

5 years

1. steep hill in the snow on bald tires in a mustang, hit brakes too hard/late and dinged a car at the bottom

around 10 probably, mostly speeding some moving violations(rolling stop, etc)

2001 Mustang GT
2005 Neon
1995 Kawasaki Vulcan 500
2007 Impreza wagon
2000 F150 (current)
1982 Kawasaki KZ440 (current)
2006 Kawasaki zx6r (current)
2012 Mazdaspeed3 (current)

1. 20 years
2. 1 - T-boned old man who had no headlights on at night.
3. 1 - $300 and 3 points for failure to give way and T boning old man
4. Way too many to mention and you amerifags wouldnt know what they were anyway

> pic related

>State:
Lousiana
Almost 4 years now
>(a) what happened in that accident
1 Accident. Was going 100mph around a steep curve in the rain in a 2004 Ford Explorer. Lost control of the car, collided with 3 Pine Trees. Totalled the fucked, tree went through my windshield, tore out the passenger seat and back seat, flipped it upside down.
I walked away with not a scratch.
No tickets.
2004 Ford Explorer so far.

Getting a 2003 Mustang GT soon tho

1. 8

2. 2, one a negro backed into me in the subway parking lot while I was eating sammich, two woman backed into me out front of tobacco shop, thankfully neither wanted to deal with insurance and I had a spare color matched bumper anyway :^)

3. 4, driving without a license, driving without a license again, 86 in a 45 on toogay road, and rolling a stop sign

4. PT Cruiser, Volvo S60 T5, VW GTI mkv

10 years

Two collisions
>rear-ended by soccer mom
>T-boned someone I didn't see at a 4-way stop

About 10 tickets
>all for speeding 10 to 20 mph over, except for one I got for an illegal U-turn.

2002 Acura TL
1997 Dodge Ram 1500