How do you deal with tailgators?

How do you deal with tailgators?

If you're on the highway going the speed with traffic and this one impatient fuck is inches away from your rear and you're both going 60mph.

Should you brake check them? If you do and (let's say) they hit your rear, who would be at fault?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eSE3fkeHAmo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assured_Clear_Distance_Ahead
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Obviously you would be, for jumping on your brakes to send a passive aggressive message.

Just slow down to the speed limit and let them pass. If you're at a red light and theyre up youre butt, toss it in reverse and sit there

in most states, the rear end-er is almost 100% given automatic fault especially in cases where theres only 2 vehicles involved on a straight away.

maintain speed and when I can move over, change lanes as slowly as possible because fuck them

>tailgators

>Shift from 6th to 5th gear
>Let go off the gas
>My car slows down gradually without any kind of brake light.
>He panics and either, go full on brakes once he realized how close he is to me or crash.
>Either way it's his fault.

Brake checkers wouldn't be at fault. The asshole following too closely would be at fault. The person in front may have braked for something legitimatly, such as a turn or they though they were going to fast. The person too fucking close behind them is at fault. It's not illegal to use your brakes, and it's easy to make an argument that you thought you had to use your brakes.

Engine breaking :)

I like to play games with them. I cruise at the speed limit and wait until I think they should have passed. If they don't do it, I drop my cruise 1mph. Went all the way down to 39 from 55 once and this person stayed behind me. Couldn't believe it. That means they had 16 opportunities...

This. As I said, it isn't illegal to use your brakes. I find myself braking if I come to a narrow underpass or something. It is illegal to follow too closely (I.e tailgate)

>few days ago
>doing 80 in a 65
>bitch in a Malibu is two feet from my bumper
>notdealingwiththisshittoday
>brake hard then mash my gas since I want to scare the shit out of her, not get an accident reported on my car
>she panics and flies into the shoulder
>go back into the right lane since I'm done passing
>she comes back up, gives me a dirty look then proceeds to tailgate the next guy in the left lane
Why are these people allowed to drive

those people are the worst, when they tailgate you despite have an open passing lane

>Engine brake
>He tries to pass me
>Two way lane
>Accelerate quickly to match his speed
>I stop him from coming back to the right lane
>A truck is coming
>He brakes
>I brake
>He panics and goes off road.

Ignore them entirely

Move the fuck over.

Nice idea.
If you brake, dosnt automatically cause a crash on your car. Most likely, they will panic and also brake and they will lose control and crash.

The trick here is to not brake hard.... You brake slowly just enough your brake lights are on.

youtube.com/watch?v=eSE3fkeHAmo

I ain't moving over bitch, how about you move?

Kek I saw that video long ago. Instant karma. Fuck tailgaters

Lol

Only in Russia. Try doing that in a cuck sjw country like the US and its 30 years in prison

MOVE FROM THE IVERTAKING LANE

DOESNT MATTER IF YOURE GOING SPEEDLIMIT, YOU NEED TO BE ACTIVELY OVERTAKING OR JUST FUCK OFF

this is probably why I have never been tailgated

it's from a movie you meme-spewing fuck

One of several ways
1) If I'm going at or below the speed limit, I get out of their way at my earliest convenience (this is the least likely scenario)
2) If I'm already going over the speed limit, there are no cars for a ways ahead of me and I'm in a good mood, I drop a gear and punch it getting as far from them as possible.
3) If I'm going over the speed limit and they've already done something stupid like trying to pass on the right when they clearly don't have enough room, then swerving over behind me and riding my ass, I maintain my speed and wait for them to swerve and try to pass on the right again, then drop a gear when they're next to me and shoot way ahead.
4) If I'm going over the speed limit in something like a school or construction zone and they're still riding my ass and doing something to piss me off like throwing their hand up in the 'what the fuck' motion, then it's time to brake check hard.

If they're riding my ass and don't have good reaction times or are just not paying attention I'd still rather not play around with that. I've tried to sell cars with accidents reported before and it's a pain int he ass.

Dosnt mean you can't do it in russia

I slam my breaks on and hope for a nice pay day.got 40 grand so far from 3 assholes

When someone tailgates me in the right lane, i do nothing because they can just pass
If it's a single lane (say, a country road) I'll speed up a bit if they're unable to pass, or slow down a bit more to make it easier on them to pass
If i'm in a multi lane in a left or center, i'll speed up to give them room between myself and the person in the right lane to pass me, only because i stick to left lanes on freeways and am usually the one going faster than the flow of traffic
Never had any issues with tailgaters except for once when i was in the right lane, a guy was a bit too close behind me and i needed to slow down so i applied the brakes for maybe a second or two (i was in an old jeep so i had shit brakes anyway)
He didn't notice i was braking at first and when he did he slammed his own brakes and swerved a bit, otherwise nothing eventful has happened

>brake checking people who may have zero reaction skills.

Is everyone poorfags and driving shitty old Hondas?

This. I dont care if you are doing 85 in a 65. if I come up behind you you better move the fuck over

I actively race people and prevent them from shifting into my lane. I usually dont get tailgated, but im planning on putting light strips facing backwards on my car, or a bright sign or something. Mostly to blind assholes with their brights on at night, but it could also work for tailgaters i guess

Meant to also tell the person i quoted to fuck off.

What kind of faggot goes 60 on a highway? And then gets pissed when people are on his ass?

what a dunce

1. You're a fucking asshole and if you ever hit someone because you sped up so they won't come into your lane, I hope you have good insurance because they won't side with you.

2. Lights like that are illegal and have fun with your ticket

3. Kill yourself you subhuman scum

A highway that goes from north to south nyc that has a 50 posted speed limit, fuckturd

Brake checking is something dumb faggots do, if you aren't in a rush move the fuck over. Why inconvenience somebody? If a motorcycle is cutting through splitting lanes i move over and give em space, they aren't going to slow me down so why fuck with em?

If I'm on a country road, I'll drive at the speed I deem appropriate, Fuck the asshole behind. I've got a decent car on premium tyres with a big brake kit - if I'm going as fast as I think is suitable, your shit box doesn't want to be going any faster - I wont slow down, I won't speed up more than I want to, I won't pull over.

If I'm on a dual carriageway or motorway without average speed cameras, I'll drop to fourth and Fucking floor it by the time I skip to sixth they're a spec in my mirror

If I'm around town, Fuck you, keep your distance. Kids can come out at any point - your brake and tyre combo won't stop as fast as mine, leave yourself reaction time and braking room.

such is the life of an edgelord

>50 mph speed limit

Lmao dude. How can you stand to live in such a shit place?

>goes 50 on a highway
get off the roads grandma

Cause it's real edgy to think worry about kids getting hurt

lmao what a fucking faggot I hope you die in a car accident

I just depress the brake enough so the lights come on. I don't want to deal with a collision, and the tail lights give a clear "fuck off or pass" signal to the tailgater.

You can do it in America too. There was a guy who actually fired his gun at other drivers on the highway and did it at least 7 times before getting caught

K

kids don't belong on the road you massive faggot, even i knew at 6 years old to stay off the street

Agreed. I have a 2015 BMW and I laugh whenever I'm driving a safe speed and a shit car like a 2007 Acura thinks it is acceptable for him to go faster than me.

See I do the complete opposite. I downshift two gears, so my car starts to rapidly slow down while the brake lights remain off. Scares the shit out of anyone tailgating you.

That's fair man, I'm just saying around town where I drive its a safe place and parents let their kids play in the street. If one of them loses their ball and runs out after it, I'm confident I can stop - I'm not so confident that the Honda Jazz on bald 175 tyres that's been tailgating me can
Yeah, I've got ps2s on each wheels, I look after my car, and I know what's appropriate for it - if I'm doing 60 on a country Road, that's the most anyone should be doing unless they're Sebastien Loeb

>I assume I'm the only car on the road with aftermarket brakes and good tires

>MUH RIGHT TO SPEED

When the car in question is a mkiv Fiesta with more rust than paint or similar, yeah
If someone in an M3 wants by, he can be my guest - probably should've said that

honda jazz? i think you are in the wrong side of the earth. we have fits instead.

On the highway I do not drive in the left lane because that's supposed to be the passing lane so fucking use it and I'll keep going the speed I was going. On city street I'll brake to slow down a little just to fucking spite them.

Yeah, britfag - the majority of cars here are unmaintained appliances

I usually drive over the speed limit so I rarely get tailgated. But when I do I just completely ignore them. If they are diving like assholes I will make it difficult for them to pass me.

It's the "turbo" tattoo all over again.

seems pretty reasonable but lets say you're on a back country road in the hills, and a guy wants to pass, and you don't let him because you think you're better and your car is better than his, you'd be kind of a dick. If he wants to hurry, let him just pass.

it looks like aus. i think the car in the back is a commodore. i could be wrong

I don't want to look stupid, and I don't know much about car parts, but are those alternators?

I move over and let them pass

You are wrong
>if I'm doing 60 on a country Road, that's the most anyone should be doing unless they're Sebastien Loeb

getaloadofthisfaggot.nzb

Kek no, you would not be at fault. If you hit something in front of you it is 100% preventable by exercising appropriate following distance and paying attention to what you're doing. Tailing faggots will try to dispute this, but the matter of fact is that the insurance companies will always put the tailgater at fault. There is never a legitimate reason to be following too closely

Get out of the right lane, let them pass, get back in right lane because I'm already going 75-80 if I'm in a highway.

If they have a dashcam that shows you braking for nothing it could, especially if you do it repeatedly, be an interesting case.

t: internet lawyer

>Should you brake check them?
No, because brake checking is shitty.
>If you do and (let's say) they hit your rear, who would be at fault?
Cops would say the person behind you was at fault, but it's still shitty because you (the lead car) are just begging for confrontation.

>How do you deal with tailgators?
Slow down to ridiculously low speeds to infuriate them further.

>How do you deal with tailgators?
Depends on lane, but I'm partial to down shifting.

>Should you brake check them?
I have, and have been rear-ended. They were cited for improper following distance.

Zero fucks given.

>purposely causing an accident
Kill you are self

What if it's only a single lane?

No, they're water pumps.

This was yesterday
>Driving home on a reasonably wide 45mph road in middle of the lanes
>Know I have a left turn coming up in a mile and a half
>Start signaling to get over
>There is enough room to my left just to slide in but it would be pretty close
>Move to the left side of my current lane with the indicator on
>The driver behind me is not speeding up or slowing down, just leaving that smaller gap
>After a third of a mile I start drifting into that left hand lane because nigga my turn
>Woman who was blocking me jams on her brakes after I'm in front of her
>Immediately begins tailgating me
>We get to the light where I turn left, she is taking a picture of the back of my car
>I throw my hand out the window in a gesture saying, "the fuck"
>She keeps tailgating me until she turns into a random apartment complex that she may or may not live in and I drive the minute left to my place.
I don't there's any legal thing she could do at this point but like do I have to worry about this. She looked to be late 50s in a Japanese economy midsize sedan

I drive the speed limit in exact when I drive in the suburbs due to getting speeding tickets twice for following the flow of traffic. Every fucking time I drive the speed limit, there is some fucking asshole blinking lights or trying to pass me from the bike lane of the road.

I get called an asshole for driving the limit exactly, but the moment when I realized that $250 a month for liability on a shitbox miata WAS MY CHEAPEST OPTION, I'm sure as fuck not going to go any faster then the sign just because some soccer mom wants to get to starbucks.

Oh, okay. Does that help keep the engine cool when going fast?

Spool turbo and go sanic fast.

Maybe, but I'm taking you with me. It'll be fun, I promise. Well, maybe not for you, but it will be for me.

They would be at fault, but you run the risk of the dude shooting you faggot ass for being such an asshole.

Happened two days ago over here.

Cuck thought he was going to teach speeders a lesson by doing the speed limit in the speed lane (most people do 20 over). Truck runs him off the road and then dumps 7 rounds into him and then speeds off. They still haven't caught him.

Learn your place. You wanna go slow >>>> to the slow lane.

It would also show them following at a dangerous distance. The car Infront could say some animal jumped into the road.

I let off the gas until I'm going like ten under the limit. If they still don't pass or back off, I flip them off.

They are alternators to power aftermarket sound systems.

San Antonio has one of the highest auto related death tolls in the US. People shift into your lane with inches between your bumper and theirs. If they dont care about being that much of a dick, i dont care about them getting into my lane.

>drive big truck
>have roof rack with emergency release
>put rocks in roof rack
>asshole tailgaiting me
>activate emergency release and accelerate

alternatively

>buff up rear of car
>spare tires work retardedly well, would know by being rear ended by a soccer mom
>slam on brakes
>fucker is rekt
>drive off
>remove tires so nobody notices it until everyone forgets
>put them back on

I heard this was untrue... If one is driving down the road, and you (the driver being tailgated) has no one in front of you, and you PURPOSELY stand on the pedal and lock the binders up, to PURPOSELY cause an accident, then YOU are at fault. No matter how pissy you are about a tailgator, it is ILLEGAL to purposely CAUSE AN ACCIDENT just because you're as much of a dick as the person tailgating you. Sorry to break it to you.

Now, with that said, the problem is proving that you stood on the brakes just to cause an accident. You could easily say that a bird flew in front of you and you are totally against hurting any living animal. Ergo, you locked em up for a reason, and then obviously the jackass tailgating you is at fault.

You are never at fault if you get rear ended IIRC

How are you such a complete faggot all the time?

Where is here ass

on highways i don't speed up or slow down, i carry on as if they aren't there.

however, in town i slow down by 10mph or so, depending on the road & traffic, because fuck those impatient retards.

>obviously the jackass tailgating you is at fault.
>You are never at fault if you get rear ended IIRC
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assured_Clear_Distance_Ahead

>They have dash cam
You are at fault 100%
>they don't
they're usually at fault

Your best bet is to just maintain speed, and let them go rage at someone else who will inevitably slow them down 30 seconds down the road, being aggressive to people like this will probably just end in an accident, which is a pain in the ass regardless of who pays the bill

Also, as a bonus if they guy that holds them up infront of you brake checks them and get an accident, you'll get to watch with great satisfaction

>skis,[7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17]

lol

>they have dash cam, you are at fault

no, you need to spend a few hours binge watching dash cam vids, the amount of times the cam-car is in the wrong is actually quite surprising.

Yes, but regardless, Brake checking is illegal, it's considered dangerous driving, at best, they'll be at fault and you're getting a ticket, at worst, you'll both be at equal fault.

Or what pussy?

i think i've brake-checked out of anger, but with tailgaters i tap the brake gently to flash them with the brake lights a few times, hopefully they think i'm retarded and back off, this works quite well :D

That happened.

>cruising in the passing lane
>gets mad when someone going much faster gets on their ass
Tailgaters are scum but so are people who sit in the passing lane. It doesn't matter how fast you're going, if someone's going faster in the passing lane you switch over.
You could be going 30 over but if someone behind you is doing 40 over then you move and let them by.

Even in California where rearenders are almost 100% found at fault, that doesn't apply if you intentionally cause the crash.

If the guy behind you has a dashcam and your clearly obvious brakechecking initiates a crash when you are supposed to pull over to let others pass, you will at least be held partially at fault

Not really, the video will show them following too closely. All you have to say is that an animal jumped Infront of your car and you braked to avoid it.

maybe you missed the merging traffic, jizzbeard

>A squirrel rain out in front of me
>there was debris on the road
>I was getting to close to the car ahead of me and I'm not a worthless fucking cunt that deserves to be gutted

All valid reasons for braking that leaves the worthless tailgating fucking degenerate asshole completely responsible

I hope you die

>Brake checking is something dumb faggots do
You Ninny. People enjoy being assholes on the road. So of course they check. I've seen all too many people "duking" it out on the road already. One guy tries to pass, and the other accelerates to match their speed and block them. The other guy then slows down to try to get to the right and the other guy slows down again to block them. That forces the guy to miss the offramp on the right side of the road.

People really do like doing games like that especially if they can get you to wreck your car.

>insurance companies will always put the tailgater at fault.

False. Washington state already had a case earlier this year where the brake checker was prosecuted despite the guy in the rear tailgating. That is because brake checking is a deliberate malicious action purposely done to force a major accident situation. The dash cam footage of the tailgator convicted the brake checker.

The tailgater was not cited for tailgating since the guy doing the brake checking was legally at fault for creating the collision.