/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: →

Need something to play? Check this out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihouse.com/stg/index.php?STG��󥯰���
nhentai.net/g/29557/
youtube.com/watch?v=s9iNJOhHJbw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for fish

Second for lolis smile back

>OP image isn't Deathsmiles for Halloween

Messed up OP, last thread is

>dodonpachi 8000 sales
>deathsmiles 15000 sales
>mushihime 30000 sales

steam will save shmups, they said
there's millions of hardcore gamers dying to play hardcore games such as these on pc, they said
sign this petition for cave ports, they said

shmups are dead Veeky Forums will die soon according to the gook that runs the place
what will become of shmupg?

>will die soon according to the gook that runs the place
he is full of shit. just wants more donations, does the same shit with 2chan or whatever the fuck jap imageboard he owns. there was also a pic proving that running Veeky Forums is far cheaper than he claims.
>what will become of shmupg?
if they really shutdown /vr/, i expect shmupg to gain at least few new posters.

crimzon clover sold 121008 copies, most of those are probably with high discount, but it's still pretty good. quality game + big discount = steam success. buggy weeb shit + shit discount = baaw shmups are dead.

i should also note that ccwi has zero fucking slow down, i think pc gamers hate slowdown more than anything else, even when intentional. so removing any slowdown would make cave shit more popular among pc crowd.

It doesn't cost that much to port, and say they've brought in $250,000 so far, probably cost them $100,000 max to port it they're in the green for DoDonPachi.

>buying touhou clone games

That's enough practice for me tonight. Canyon is going almost decently. I managed to clear the stage a few times tonight, which is an improvement over my previous practice sessions where I'd clear maybe once.

Good night /shmupg/, and good luck with your practicing too! Or your runs, if that's what you're doing.

Working on Super Metroid, taking a break from practicing. I can play this game over and over and never be bored.

cc was in bundles for $1, the sales dont mean much for that one. look at the players, there's only 60k. half the people who own the game didn't care enough to install it and play it a single time.

shmup = dead
pc = meme

so apparently bananacuck cleared Garrega after few days of practice only.

is everyone else disabled or is he really superplayer-tier superplayer? is Garrega difficulty a meme?

It's rated 26 on the shmup wiki. Not very hard for people who can score the highest difficulty games.

Gib link to shmup wiki please

wikihouse.com/stg/index.php?STG��󥯰���

bananafaggot has like 20 thousand posts on the farm
he probably already knew the game inside out before even playing it

Thanks, unfortunately I don't speak nip.

right click>translate to english

It's still iffy.

>11-20 "Medium Difficulty: mono of balance within reach of the hand in half a year, even from beginner"
Friendly reminder that you should have cleared a 20 ranked game if you've been playing for 6+ months.

Is it the same list as this pic related?

I've only played through Super Metroid once. I should take another run through it sometime.

lmao at this farm animal thinking i'm animal too.

>using chrome

this is retarded, what if someone will have 600 hours in 6 months and someone else 60.

Higher numbers = harder?

Yes, the Japanese don't know how ranking or 24 hour time work.

how is ccwi?

>Veeky Forums will die soon according to the gook that runs the place
huh, we have korean owner now?

cc wi numbers were literally on the second reply to the post senpai

Where is Truxton on this list? What is it rated as?

tatsujin, 20. 1st loop.

Sorry, I missed it. Where does the genesis version of it rank?

it's arcade only list. console versions are usually slower and hence easier.

>after few days
after grind game all days

How do people play vertical games on a horizontal monitor? Shit's way too tiny

i''ve been playing ccwi on a laptop just fine. it's not look you have to move between bullets that often, if you do, you are doing it wrong, but that depends on the game of course.

>so removing any slowdown would make cave shit more popular among pc crowd.
This, it's also completely fucking pointless and games should be designed without any when it's the pc platform.

>is everyone else disabled or is he really superplayer-tier superplayer?
He's a very good copy paster and would of studied low rank plays closely before mirroring what he has witnessed. High scoring is a different story entirely however and i have a feeling players like fagnanatragic are bad at dealing with random or maybe i'm wrong and he's just good but then he should be what with sitting at his computer 24/7.

Take that back apparently it took him 7 years so i stand by my prediction that he's poor when the game throws random and forces reflexes, The sames true of jaimers imo.

If needed I rotate the monitor physically

shit's too big, i can't see the whole picture. and if i sit back too far it's blurry becouse i'm near-sighted. there was a photo with cave employees playig poo revolver in horizontal, vertical is a meme.

Yeah sure that's why shmups are played on 29in vertical monitors at the arcade

i have no vertical monitor

everything has to be big and lound in the arcade or no one will notice your cabinet. that's why donpachi had talking nigger senpai.

Damnit, i fucking hate this. I cant even see any thread status.

Delet this

If downloaded that picture from previous thread, you should delete it and replace with a new one.
I know there's at least one who did.

What's so different about this new one?

Fixed a whole bunch of squashed pixels, so now it doesn't look stupid when you zoom in on it.

Thanks for your hard work user.
Any possibility you might do any of the other bosses?

Don't count on it.

>tempted to try Karous
>it's too slow on Demul
>tfw can't even 1cc the easiest shmups

Dodonpachi was a fucking mistake

>The Mushi TLBs final attack shouldn't have any slowdown

That might be pretty tough

Congratz to him.

>is Garrega difficulty a meme?
No, but it's a massive pain in the ass with the medal dodging and pretty much mandatory suiciding for rank control (and some barely visible bullets don't help either). Good for those who can enjoy it, but i don't.

Is nemesis 1-ALL really that easy? GB port is easy, but i always though arcade is hard as fuck.

Nemesis is just Gradius but you get lots of power ups when you die, so you don't even have to no miss it

The rank is also more extreme

a worthy challenge for the pc master race.
if it's THAT hard the simple solution is making bullets slower.

What a stupid game and waste time. Played over one hour, clear 10 loops maybe, reach 1 mil, but nothing happened.

average 1986 port of an arcade game, what did you expect?

What did you expect to happen?

something interesting, ending, credits

>ending, credits
>something interesting
secondary garbage. you are supposed to go for wr.

I need the source this image to make more like it. Just a name is sufficient. Thanks.

>tfw the shmups community in the west used to be autistic PCB collectors on system11 that sucked ass and pitched fits about emulators
>you felt better than them because you had some small modicum of talent
>now there are people like banacuck and jaimers that are 2-ALLing every game with ease. something people never did and people on system11 could only get to like stage 4 of ketsui before proclaiming it DA GREATEST GAEM OF ALL TIME
>you aren't good enough to get 1cc after 1cc

dumb feelsposter. go practice.

I keep getting crushed by SA hard and the stage 4 boss in ketsui

I'll never gitgud. Some people aren't gud because they don't have the genetic talents.

maybe i already got wr, because no one plays this

system11 gays plays shumps over 5-10 years. You play around one year?

I used to play a little when I was like 16 or so (20 now). But not much. But I could get to stage 5 in ketsui with not a lot of practice

Trying to get back to it though and now these BIG DICK NIGGAS are on the scene, it's hard to cope with my inferiority.

just copy like a monkey if you are so shit. i bet gaymers and bananacuck are copying shit all the time. i bet they also practice far more than you.
>it's hard to cope with my inferiority.
just keep in mind that these people are tiny dicked sissy white boys compared to big jap cocks.
i'm sure someone in fakkuinnoassu prefecture reached loop 1488 in famicom version and thousands of japs still compete in arcade.

You forgot WESTERN WR meme.

Muchi Muchi!! Pork Pie by Freaks.
nhentai.net/g/29557/

Post whatever you make. MMP pics are much appreciated.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND BEAT YOUR PB

just google pic the doujin cover post on previous thread

dodonpachi has also been out for less than a month and the other ones have seen big sales. id be more interested in knowing the sales numbers for the other games a month after their release.

>is Garrega difficulty a meme?
the whole game is really

>ps4 400$
>hori arcade stick 240$

>dodonpachi has also been out for less than a month and the other ones have seen big sales
Not to mention it had the highest launch price of all the Cave ports so far (which is justified by all the extra modes but it kept a chunk of impulse buyers away).

>2013

Dodging the TLB's final attack in CCWI is surreal. I cannot see my ship anymore so it's like playing invisible Tetris. And it actually works!

>already did my daily quota
>want to practice stage 4 boss in doopuchi for 10 minutes
>play for 50
fug, i wanted to watch some anime before bed

Just gave another try at 1.51.
Still not used to the hyper/bomb button. I'll really have to practice Stage 5's lasers part.

>when you want to play safe but unintentionally enter the harder alternative route
Halp

Dat OST though
youtube.com/watch?v=s9iNJOhHJbw

black label has better ost all around desu

Actually got a rather good run for once.
Got only to 2nd midboss. Doing laserwheels with power is nightmarish.

1.51 is some weird stuff.

But the Ura midbosses are easier than the regular ones in DFK

How do i enter the Ura route? I know about the silos segment in stage 1 but i get thrown in and out of it later and i don't exactly what causes it.
Are there differences regarding how to enter it depending the modes or it's the same for all?

You exit it when you die. You can get back in by collecting all the bees 2 (I think) stages in a row

Thanks.

I barely see the bees with all the medals, bullets and lasers on screen.

any westy with high scores can rack up 1ccs left and right. normies don't understand that 1cc collecting a thousand games is extremely easy in comparison to scoring high in hard games.

>any westy with high scores can rack up 1ccs left and right
Any westy with high scores in a wide variety of games, that is. There are one trick ponies who have to grind a shmup for a million hours to get decent at it.

putting on a pedestal a player with no outstanding scores is one step away from literally sucking his dick on the merit of that dick being his

>1cc collecting a thousand games is extremely easy
don't say it

ok it's a bit tedious maybe