AUTO DETAILING GENERAL

are buffer pads suppose to be cleaned after each and every use?

i detailed my car (compund, polish, wax) after 4 hours it still looked the same (swirl marks, paint looks dry). i saw videos from AMMO NYC and CHEMICAL GUYS on how to do it right but my car still looked the same. i taught maybe because the buffer pads where never cleaned. i used them once and stored them in a zip lock bag and used them again when i detailed it last week. i already threw them out. i used sepreate pads for each step.

whats Veeky Forums opinion on this product?
chemicalguys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=COM_129_16&CartID=2

i found out about this after i did the detail on my car. maybe this will get rid of the swirl marks and restore the shine and luster to my paint. i OBSESSED with keeping my car fresh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZioQ4aI3wPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump
WTF does Veeky Forums even detail their own car?

Fucker its 1am in the part of the world that matters bump in 7 hrs

what car do you have and whats condition of paint

Orbital buffers always leave swirl marks. Do it by hand with a light touch

>part of the world that matters
this made me smile

09 honda accord sedan alastor silver. its looks good but once in direct sun light i can see it looks dry and all the swirl marks. when i run my hand across tho the paint is nice and smooth because i always clean it right way once a week

but thats if i put too much pressure on the paint right? funny ou say that because i'v been thinking of buying pic related. i'v seen the detail guys in the wash buy(at my old job) use pic related when detailing cars and they came out nice. i currently use Meguiar's G3500 DA Power System Tool and have been wanting to upgrade to this

get some buffing compound and apply by hand,finish with a good synthetic sealant

does anyone have any guides and products so I can do a simple hand wax on my acura? I am fucking tired of water spots. also, what can I use to stop water spots from rain from forming on the windows?

>are buffer pads suppose to be cleaned after each and every use?
depends how autistic you are.

>apply by hand
Fuck, I can't breathe!

Cheap orbital buffers generally won't have enough power to remove heavier or deeper scratches.
Rotaries are the way forward. Don't worry about "burning the paint" you can't unless you are trying to.
Video for reference:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZioQ4aI3wPk

HOWEVER, you will burn through thin paint at panel edges and panel creases. Basically on any sharp edge. So take care to avoid them or tape them up.

Orbital buffers are great for doing that light final finishing polish and applying waxes.

is there anyway to fill in windshield chips? i cleaned out my windsheild yesterday but when i was driving in direct sunlight i could see hundreds of tiny dots all over my windsheild. i want that crystal clear view, anything i could do? could polish fill them in?

What should I carry in my car with me for general spot cleaning, birdshit and the like?

i just carry a microfiber cloth and a spray can of detailer

make sure to soak the bird shit first and dont wipe to avoid scratches and putting it all over your paint

no

call your insurance and get a new wind shield.

if you dont want to polish, eg using abrasive stuff, buy some detailing clay and a wax. i use dodo juice supernatural hybrid wax.

easy to apply, let it dry and wipe away with a microfiber cloth. enjoy your 3+ months sealant.

My 93 Miata has a lot of oxidation, small scratches, swirls, etc that I'd really like to remove. I'm honestly paranoid about doing it because I feel like I'm going to burn through the paint, or make it even worse somehow. What's the best way to go about doing it on a ~$300 budget? I may be able to borrow a DA from someone, but it's not a definite thing.

borrowing a DA machine is the way to go if youre a starter. invest the rest of the money into mf cloth, pads, polish, waxes etc

if you really love your car, go to your local junk yard and get an old hood and do some test runs on it until you know how to use it.

ill post 2 pics to show off what is possible

pic related a DA machine was used

in this pic a hand polishing sponge was used,

it is a pain in the ass and a lot of work, expect to have pain in ypour hand and arm

When you do something that like, what do you have to do about the residue on the sponge? Does it need to be cleaned frequently or is it fine to go the entire time without worrying.

in germany its called unilack

its paint without a clear coat.

you can use a soft brush to clean the sponge or use a new one, the sponges go for like 1.50eur here. I also put them into the laundry to reuse them. just avoid washing them together with clothes because of the paint and the chemicals of the polish cream

another one.

How?

using strong leather soap repeatly and giving it a nice coat of leather grease after

i always carry paper towels and i usually use glass cleaner to wipe off bird poo

watch YT videos from AMMO NYC and CHEMICAL GUYS. i learned from them along with work experience from my old job (mechanic). once you have a idea practice on your own car. start with a applicator pad and over time once you feel comfortable use a buffer

is it worth it to polish a car by hand or should I just save money and buy a Dual Action polisher?

i started out by hand and over time moved to a polisher. if its your first time start by hand and get a feel of things.

when i was a mechanic when i first started the guy who trained me always had tighten everything by hand and over time i moved on too power tools (air ratchet)

Wow looks great

Here is the last car I detailed, 2015 jeep grand Cherokee was about 7-8 hours in total from washing, waxing and complete cleaning of the inside (majority of the time was spent here). I used a synthetic wax as the car only gets detailed maybe twice a year if lucky.

phone camera didn't do much justice. Car came with swirl marks with just 16 miles on it, dealerships can't wash a car for shit.

they just want your money. even their detail specials are a rip off. i know cause i worked at a dealership and the detail guys did a shit job but it was nice enough that a normie cant notice. they just wash and wax your car, clean the inside and charge about 200$. they are professional theifs