/ovg/ New Horizons Edition

Previous thread: RANWEC IS HAPPENING SIGN UP ON THE DOC, GET FUCKING HYPED CUNTS

Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

GIVE ME MY FUCKING VIP BONUSES

FUCK YOU FUCKING CRITERION

THIS IS WHY YOU'RE ALL BUT FUCKING BANKRUPT AND EVERY OTHER BRITISH FUCKING VIDEO GAME COMPANY EVER HAS FAILED

>try burnout 1
>absolutely no fucking takedowns or anything whatsoever
>cars actually very forgiving handling-wise

that's not the problem, though
>take clean lines
>never tap opponent
>CARS FUCKING MAGICALLY SPAWN AS YOU FUCKING DRIVE
>DEVELOP .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 INCH ADVANTAGE
>FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE, WE'RE GOING TO SEND A FUCKING BUS THROUGH THE INTERSECTION RIGHT BEFORE THE FUCKING FINISH LINE
>DRIVE 2 MORE FEET
>CAR SQUEEZES IN BETWEEN THE MILE LONG GAP BETWEEN YOU AND THE TRUCK
>THREE OTHER FUCKING AI SWERVE AROUND YOUR CAR LIKE IT WAS F1
>OH, LET'S ALSO MAKE THE TOURNAMENT 3 LAPS AROUND THESE TRACKS THE WIDTH OF A FUCKING CONTINENT SO YOU HAVE TO DODGE A GRAND TOTAL OF EIGHT FUCKING LANES

YES I MAD

Friendly reminder.

you want mine?

Remember to join the [WAT] club goyim!

Get a refund and buy it again. They fucked up attaching the licenses to accounts who pre-ordered it.

I got it refunded, re-purchased the game and everything is working now.

>Download 49GB worth of FH3 on Aussie internet
>2 and a half days
>Install it all
>It crashes the first time I try to open it
>oh no.jpg
>open again and it runs
>its beautiful
>I pick the VF Ute
>It skids
>play and level up a few times
>realize I'm not getting any VIP anything from the Ultimate Edition
>They wont refund my money

I bought a physical copy. vip bundle shows up on my xbox.com profile but not on my xbox itself

bitch on support disconnected on me earlier too

I just want to go fast and get double wheel spins

That's messed up.

Check the actual support forum you fucking retard.

How do you know that is what the issue is? I saw on the official forums they've found the issue and its being resolved

How long is "ending soon" on auctions? It went from 1 min left to 5 minutes of this

>tfw I win the auction as soon as I wrote this

>PS4 has no racing games.

Because the indian support guy told me that it didn't show any of the DLC on my account and I resolved the issue by simply re-purchasing the game after getting the refund.

Because they have admitted it to a degree, it was resolved for the 5 or so people who helped them out, not the thousands suffering the problem.

No actual ETA on when it will be fixed though

when does the clothing expansion come? I want to dress up my driver in cute clothes

weird. says I own it in different places and asks me to purchase it in other areas of the game and store

also how did you get a refund so fast? did it affect your in game status? I figured asking for a refund would take weeks

I got it on PC and just told them that I bought the Ultimate Edition and didn't receive any of the DLC, that I already checked for windows updates, restarted and that I'd like a refund after waiting more than a day for them to fix it.

[spoiler]They ask you to update your OS and restart and shit, like that's going to do anything on their servers.

whoops idnd't mean to reply

are the people having problems those who preordered and preloaded or is it completely random?

typical shit they ask everyone to do. no wonder support is based in india. my card wasn't charged for a week or two which is why I thought it would take weeks to get a refund

its okay here is a (you) for you

FUCKING FINALLY

After 13 barns... I guess the reliant is last.

>Tfw just got both of these

Sounds like it's all fixed now from reading the forums. It's taken them way to fucking long to fix such a stupid problem.

Dude what the fuck are you talking about, I beat Burnout when I was 8.

looks like they only fixed the VIP bundle for pc players so far. other console peasants like me who bought physical copies are reporting that they still can't acess their VIP stuff.

>they have gt-fours
Well shit now i have to upgrade to Spyware 10

best car

10/10 made me giggle
When using online, you have to blast the Emerald Hills theme over the mic

yet

>Reliant is last

Reliant was third for me.

>Dino

>FJ Cruiser

>Reliant

Might be random or dependent on what HQ you go with? I went with the Outback first.

Having such a fucking blast.

>>Download 49GB worth of FH3 on Aussie internet

Not going to lie, that was pretty fucking rough going on my whopping 3.3mb/s connection.

Thankfully the download/install didn't corrupt.

I'd have been throwing shit.

>FH3 Ultimate Edition
>£80
>Gives VIP, Motorsports all-stars and car pass.

Worth it or just go for the Deluxe edition?

>any game
>worth £80

No that would never be worth it

Get it off the Singapore store.

Ultimate Edition is cheaper than the base edition + car pass separately, so it was a no brainer for me, I couldn't even care less about the VIP stuff and free starter cars etc

>124.5 singapore dollaroos is £70.65

I might just do it that way senpai

Took the time to setup up groove radio and I managed to make it works.

Pretty nice, you can skip songs but no shuffle and contrary to what I though, the music doesn't have that festival sound effect when you enter one. Just keeps playing normally.

Also no skill songs.

>Have over 4 hours worth of eurobeat in my playlist
>No skill songs
>Cant use it online

Le ebic eurobeat ex deee¡

>Buy Ultimate Edition
>Start download (49GB)
>Within 5 mins I'm up to 8GB downloaded
>Now have brother moaning that I'm hogging all the internet

Top kek, suck it up.

>the music doesn't have that festival sound effect when you enter one.
It does for me, if you mean the fade out thing so it plays from the festival speakers.

I did that to my entire family for three days straight.

Thankfully they have lives so they were out friday and most of the weekend.

Although I do wonder as to why Microsoft can't into compression.

A 55GB game installed shouldn't be 49GB to download.

My download died after 14GB the first time and restarted itself.

Was worth it when I had a Torana with 1000HP+ that could roll on the highway spinning 4th and chug on to 352KMPH.

Im maybe 5 hours off it being installed again and maybe Ill have my VIP shit. Going to hard restart my career though to get all the spin bonuses.

It wouldn't be so bad if the Store had an option for download throttling.
If it took me 1hr instead of 30 mins, oh well, at least it'd stop my brother from bitching.

>'I'm barely getting any of the speed that I pay for!'
Yes, thank you for paying for the service, but I do this once in a blue fucking moon, you download constantly all the time...

>Was worth it when I had a Torana with 1000HP+ that could roll on the highway spinning 4th and chug on to 352KMPH.

I feel like that's Forza Horizon in a nutshell.

What are the problems people are having with the VIP stuff?

I honestly haven't paid all that much attention as to what it was meant to include, but all i've noticed is you get a 2x cash bonus on the level up slot machine thingy.

You could limit you download speed via external program, like NetLimiter.

>he doesn't just kick his router to slow down a little

Just started playing FH3, how do I join you guys?

If ya mean the ovg club, probably later on in the game, otherwise just add people and invite/get invited to games

>My Lady

Windmill of Friendship.

>Install game
>Set up controls
>'Optimizing for your PC'
>Closes twice at 75%

Fug.
Lets hope actually updating my graphics drivers stop that happening.

who anime here

Is there a limit to how many graphics you can have on your car?

wat kameh?

not a clue. i didnt make that skin.

I couldn't help it, I wish there were more large anime graphics that cover the sides of cars.

It really bothers me that the sidelights on the 22B have never illuminated in any of the Forza games

gran turismo 2 starter car ideas?

It bothers me too, but there are things that bother me more. At least they got the red and yellow bins right.

The Nissan Pulsar GTi-R (Sunny if you're using the european version) is pretty good.

But to be fair, as long as you're not getting a Kei Car or the Fiat 500 you'll be alright

hachiroku

FC RX-7 (the one with 202 HP as much as possible)
Supra
If you're daring, buy a Civic hatch and lighten it

or you can go true man mode and gold all the licenses before you even buy a car

What are some good in game G27 settings for aseetto corsa. Everything i try just seems dull, can't feel the tyres at all.

Generate your own LUT.

>or you can go true man mode and gold all the licenses before you even buy a car

as much as I want to do that, its simply too hard and time consuming too.

thanks, I figured supra would be a good choice.

Also yeah I think I got PAL.

I was a kid when GT2 came out and like the dipshit I was I tried to find something with the highest horsepower I could afford.

Somehow I ended up with a PT Cruiser.

AWD cars are always OP in Gran Turismo games, get a Pulsar GTi-R like said.

I always went for a used Supra Mk III in GT2 as a starter car, breddy gud

b-but its fuggly

It's cheap and fast, allowing you to earn enough money to buy good cars as quickly as possible.

alright will keep that in mind too, supras oversteer a bit so its not a bad idea I take it

GT2 didn't have a PT Cruiser, you're probably thinking of GT3, which had an abysmal choice of starter cars if you didn't go for the gold licenses

>PT Cruiser
>New Beetle
>Yaris RS
>some Kei cars I think
and that was it

You're forgetting the Miata and Trueno.

So I reinstalled AC for the first time in months, is it me or do the cars not oversteer wildly any more? Even the Ferraris are drivable now.

Yeah that sounds like it. All I remember was my dad being pissed because he did a ton of the license tests and went to race to find all he had to drive was a fat shitbox.

Don't you get free cars just for bronze in the license tests?

Maybe. Was like 15 years ago, I can't remember.

Still nothing compared to other GT games. Even worse considering that you get stuff like a Yaris, Trueno and Miata (albeit slightly different variations) in the first couple of race events

only in GT4, in the earlier ones you get them only after completing all of them in gold

>the music doesn't have that festival sound effect when you enter one. Just keeps playing normally.

Damn that sucks

Is the RX7 a buyable vehicle? I see it all around but I don't recall being able to purchase it. Or is it gonna be a barn find because some Bogan locked it away 20 years ago. And I'm kind of upset I can't be Rin Hojo and buy the R32 :(

FH3 works well with G27?

Also what's the differences between the 60€, 80€ and 100€ version? I can't figure it out, is it DLC?

Is that shit seriously worth that much money?

Horizon 3 pretty good. Might be best open world racing I've played. Runs great on my 8gb RX480 too. Add me on the xboxes for some cruisin or something - JackdawPrime
It might be wheelspin only. Is also one of the cars you can put a widebody on. I found an R32 in a barn not far into my game as well.

The ultimate version seems to be the better deal only if you know you're gonna get the expansions later (gives you discount having it) and spend a hundred hours playing this. The standard edition should be fine. Game already has 350 cars so spending 40eur for another 80 couldn't be that crucial

Both are barn finds iirc

MK3 Supra from the Toyota used cars.

You get the RX7 from the third Midnight Battle. (do a lot of street races)

R32 is a barn find.

there's a layer limit, somewhere in the thousands

That's weird, I swore I heard a reviewer mention the festival effect for groove.

>you can put a police light on the Jag mk II

fun will be had

Does FHIII recognize the G27? No way in hell I'm buying G29 until it comes with the manual shifter.

logitech shifter is shit anyway

Answer the damn question, I need to know too. Does it work well?

The crew might be a shit game compared to FH3 but it even has the RPM lights working.

Works fine on G27.

Don't know why it was removed from the G29. G29 barely looks like an upgrade except for the fact that if FHIII doesn't support G27 they're going the forced obsolesce route.