/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #601 - Halloween Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Post Mobians in the spirit of the holiday

fast

Sonic Worldians

Don't our threads usually last longer than a day? How's is that even remotely possible?

We got from #500 to #600 in just over 3 months, but that includes all kinds of party and hype threads.

If we get some big news over the next couple months, it's easily possible.

only a classicfag would make a thread this early

>it's over
I feel like we made a bigger deal for 500. The thread 500 celebration lasted for like 4 threads.

Here's a late Bump! Not my best one. Did see that you guys posted a few of my other Bumps on the last thread though, flattered~

>only a classicfag would make a thread this early
Nice projecting.
There's nothing wrong with preferring the games when they were by far the best. If ghats makes me a faggot, I'll gladly accept the title.

Mania is going to be a better game than Generations 2.
Deal with it

Here to gauge some discussion. What are your initial thoughts on this 'so called' new character? Do you think we'll like him/her? What species do you think this new character will be?

*Sonic Worldians

>only a classicfag would make a thread this early
Why don't you go back to the old thread then instead of shitposting and trying to start a flame war in this one.

I honestly don't give a shit about Project 2017 anymore. Only Mania.
I may not even get it.
So, sorry, I can't comment.

This.
I was on the edge about getting 2017 in the first place, but if they wanted to rekindle my interest, this is not how to do it.
Yay, more friends....

Seriously wtf are they thinking?

It's an all around bad decision and something next to nobody wants or is asking for.
Granted, it's not like story in Sonic games is at all important so as long as I can skip the cutscenes it won't be a huge deal.

Thank ya, user.

It's another monster of the week is my guess. Nobody should really be surprised or freak out, every mainline Sonic game has introduced someone new.

Why is everyone treating this new character like an animal friend? It could just as easily be a monster of the week, like Time Eater or Solaris. It could even be a one-off character like Chip or Yacker.

AOSTH > Boom

I think it was a bad idea to announce something like this at this moment. It may not be too bad or it may even be good, but it shouldn't be surprising it wasn't well received news, specially with the franchise's history. Personally, I'll wait and see what happens. I really want this game to be good.

Regarding if we'll like the character or not, depends entirely on what they go with. When they revealed Sticks everyone thought everyone else would hate her, but she's been rather well received compared to the initial consensus.

This thread needs more cosplay cat

A) Take that pic to /trash/, where it belongs

B) You're wrong.

>A) Take that pic to /trash/, where it belongs
This
>B) You're wrong.
Not this.
Sticks is a pretty bad character, m8.

Sticks, as a character, has brought nothing of value.

She's the character that makes dumb fart tier jokes for the 3 year olds eatching.

>missed the 600th thread due to power going out in the entire apartment complex for the day yesterday

Fuck my life.

Nah, she's a perfectly fine character.

I question why they felt the need to reveal this and not something like gameplay or plot.

If Sally is Leela then who is Fry?

Sonic?

What's her name again?

The best.

It'll be another monster of the week or something like Yacker at most. They'd never let anyone besides Sonic, Tails, and Eggman be important ever again

>Seriously wtf are they thinking?
I know, right? Why does Sega keep dumping shitty friends on us. Why can't it just be Sonic, Tails, and Eggman? Maybe Knuckles once in a while, but otherwise keep it to them. Things need to be brought back to basics

I am really enjoying Sonic Classic Heroes, even though I'm only playing with a single character.

>Why can't it just be Sonic, Tails, and Eggman?
Fuck off with that

Seriously though, what's the problem with that? Knuckles can come every once in a while, but those 3 are all you really need

>He fell for it

I couldn't agree more. Thankfully, it looks like Sonic Colors is going to be just that. Surprised it's going to be Wii only, though. Maybe they'll do a PS3/360 game for the 20th anniversary though.

Ha.

They did that in Colors and that game was written so terribly that it didn't even matter.

I know this is probably bait but I also know this shitty and horribly outdated complaint needs to die as soon as possible.

Ouch
Couldn't you just phonepost?

It had no battery and I was charging it right when the power shut off.

What will 2017's character of the month be? Edgy like Shadow? Lame like Big and Tails? Irrelevant like Knuckles?

How far will Suzuki fuck them?

You don't think that maybe it's too soon to start expeculating about 2017?

just got done with the top area of Bump's body in the Sonic Battle story art

in the meantime, have a silly edit

Probably, but there isn't really many other games to talk about right now.

Have this hastily slapped together collage.
Apologies to anyone missed/fucked up

Remember to pay for the games you play.

Time Eater 2.0. That's the best we can hope for

>mfw we got a colored Bump from Hesse

If they're good and you want more of them.

I still say it'll be a reinvented classic character like Mighty or classic Amy. Iizuka considered the Chaotix new characters when they appeared in Heroes because they were reimagined.

mfw two of my drawings are featured

Maybe the new character will be playable???

That would most likely unleash a shitstorm.

>Implying anyone but Sonic will ever be playable in a 3D game ever again

IMPLYING
M
P
L
Y
I
N
G

So /sthg/, what are your opinions on some of the Sonic Youtubers like SomeCallMeJohnny, The Great Clement, Cobi, FTA, Roger van der Weide, Balenaproductions, and others?
Do you disagree with any of their opinions? How would you rate them?

>watching Sonic Youtubers

>Nah, she's a perfectly fine character.
4U

I have no idea who any of those are, I've never watched any of their things, and I don't plan to start.

>being so jaded you can't watch people talk about things you like
Better then then fucking Game Grumps, at least these people know what they're talking about.

he is the greatest

Well if you did, I'd recommend Somecallmejohnny or Roger, they're the most chill of the bunch IMO.
Cobi can be really annoying.

Underrated

Get new bait.

Like all of them, doesn't mean I always agree with them. I love Roger and have followed him for almost a decade, but he was waaay too harsh and unprofessional about Pontaff, though it seems he's realized.

>Literally Jesus Tier
FTA
>Based Tier
Johnny
Clement
Balena
>The rest

>too harsh
>about Pontaff
Impossible

M-more

>Apologies to anyone missed/fucked up
all is good

just got done with the top area of Bump's body in the Sonic Battle story art

in the meantime, have a silly edit

>Balenaproductions
>Based
I'd probably agree with you back then, but he's got a really weird hatred for the Boom show. Granted I don't like it either but his Boom animation really put me off because it felt really forced.
His animations are cool though.

Hah, nice

I'm gonna need some art of Bump in different characters' clothes now.

>SomeCallMeJohnny
Honestly too boring. Everyone on BSC is an absolute bore.
>The Great Clement
I like him
>Cobi/Balena
vomitchan.jpg
>FTA
No idea who this is
>Roger van der Weide
Pretty good, but sometimes comes off as too biased despite saying otherwise

That's why I put him last. Honestly, I don't think anyone understands his blind hatred for it.

>Not liking the BSC
Nigga I'll fight you.

Harsh to the point where he did a pretty good interview with him and continued to shit-talk him afterwards... That's not how you do it.

I get really fuckin' embarrassed to be a Sonic fan whenever I see that screenshot of somebody talking to Ken Pontac on Facebook and telling them they don't talk about Sonic with anyone anymore. Just because you don't like their work shouldn't mean you should harass them like that.

Tag me in.

solly

What the fuck, this wasn't even lewd. Who is reporting all of these SFW images?

Someone did an interview with Pontac?

literally the only one worth watching

No wait, I'm retarded and thought this replying to a different post of mine, I'll delete this.

Thats MTP you fucking faggot

Ted's a contrarian but he's alright. He's apparently magical too by predicting most games coming out by not say it won't happen.

Really, I tried to like them, but their commentary is just too bland. They don't even make good whitenoise since half of them have screechy as fuck high pitched voices.

I've never watched his content, my bad fampai

/sthg/- E celeb general