steamcommunity.com/groups/cfogad

Old World Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56596?
fallout.gamepedia.com/Caesar's_Legion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Yes Man

I'll try again here
Is the jacket and shirt good for a Joshua Graham cosplay?

Hello friends I just uploaded a new version of the Vulpes companion mod, has a bunch of new dialogue and a This Machine that says ''Well this machine kills Profligates''.
Use it to kill Profligates today!

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56596?

Looks like it could work good enough, Need some gauze for the wraps, the most expensive thing from his outfit would probably be those snakeskin boots.

>implying the people at the halloween party would know the difference
Aside from that, would blue jeans work? Dont have black ones

>Nexus servers ded af
what a surprise

>halloween party
NORMIES OUT

his jeans look pretty blue to me user

BASED

>halloween party
Enjoy being called a mummy famps

It's my brother's party, he wants me to go because
>no gf
And he thinks I could get one there

Is goodsprings cemetery haunted?

I can tell you right now there won't be a gf worth having at a halloween party, might find a whore to fugg though.

You don't know what kind of party it is.

If its a classy affair with tasteful costumes then its prime territory. If its a bunch of women using it as an excuse to dress like a slut and get drunk then might as well just skip it.

NCR is shit

>find a whore to fugg
Well, there's always that chance

Facts

>If its a classy affair with tasteful costumes then its prime territory.
I wasn't aware those still existed

If Obsidian ever gets to make another Fallout, do you think they will have a rifle called, "That Machine"?

House is also shit. Legion are beta who can't get laid

Yes Man is a cop-out and a retard-proofing mechanic.

House > Yes-Man >>> NCR >>> Legion

Every ending sucks. Game is a piece of shit.

The Enclave are literally the master race

I hear the men mount each other

Do normies actually know who Joshua Graham is outside of that one quote?

they are so beta that they can't get laid, so they have to mount on each other.

Dont think so
I'm chilean, so you know that there is degeneracy

House >= Legion >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yes Man > NCR

This is the only correct order, to dispute this you'll have to make another funny meme picture like

Normies don't know what Fallout is besides 4.

>House >= Legion
>Legion that high

Of the NV factions, only House and the Legion offer feasible long-term plans for humanity.

Reminder that being a citizen in Legion territory is a comfy af life, the enslavement of tribals and those directly opposing the Legion is a necessary means to an end.

>Legion is a meme
I'm glad we agree, user.

>lead a life as a farmer on my humble farmstead
>never heard of the legion
>an army approaches one day
>some guy in a whacky armor just kills my brahmin because it stood in his way
>get enslaved with my whole family
>legionfags will defend this

>get enslaved with my whole family
Again, unless you're a tribal or have been directly opposing the Legion, doesn't happen fampai
I agree that Lanius is a cunt, the Legion is far from perfect.

being a slave to Legion and getting cuck by Caesar must be the best life ever.

Lanius will run the legion into the ground once Caesar is gone

>long-term plans
>a faction that is meant to end as soon as Caesar dies
>legionfags unironically believe this

>ignoring legion kidnappings
>"i-it's just people who oppose!"

>long-term plan
>legion
>Caesar letting a guy whom even he himself considers nothing more than a glorified attack dog in charge in case of his death
>plan

You really got to hand it to Caesar for being so good at brainwashing that even players unironically think he's the best.

Does he have a JIP CCC avatar?

only a beta would think Legion/Caesar is the best

I'm beginning a game of New Vegas. It's the second time I start one, and I didn't finish the first one.
I've wanted to make my character have above-average Charisma and Perception, but later heard they are useless. Should I do it anyway for roleplay, or would I just cripple myself for no benefit like that?

>inb4 "y-you have arguments so you just call us betas, m-muh ad hominem!"

True. But from his dialogue it's obvious that Caesar has no intention of actually letting Lanius be his successor. I agree that it's stupid for Caesar not to have appointed a successor even if it's pre-synthesis, but then again the only way for Caesar to die is by player intervention, and the player can do almost anything so that says nothing. I think he simply hasn't truly considered the possibility of dying before the synthesis is complete.

There's no reason to assume he'll die pre-synthesis without player intervention. If the Courier doesn't side with the Legion he gets his TOOMAH fixed without him, after all.

Again, it's far from perfect, but it's better than NCR/Yes Man.

>literally arguing that a faction is bad because bad things happen after the player fucks it up
this is like saying picking house is bad because the courier can kill him

Caesar is not immortal. Even if he lives at the end of the game he will die of old age one day or may be assassinated as well.

The point is, Caesar is the only one capable of holding the Legion together and the faction will inevitably collapse once he's gone.

Why does every thread have to turn into this? Just pick the faction that suits your character, not what YOU think is the best.

Assmptions don't matter, what matters is that Lanius is even remotely considered for the position despite Caesars own opinion on him (hell, he outright says he doesn't care about the army he is leading)

But even that aside, Caesar can talk about "m-muh synthesis" all he wants, it doesn't change the fact that he is a manchild who throws temper tantrums anytime someone even mentions his failures, seriously considers the guy/girl who can constantly throw a spanner in his plans an ally, doesn't uphold his own rules in regards to advanced medicine AND genocides entire neutral communities because the previous Legate screwed up.

Does that sound like a guy with a decent future plan to you?

It is a serious concern since it regards the future of the Legion. And honestly, if you are so arrogant to think that you don't need to spend time for a potential replacement in case of your untimely (if unlikely) death on the fucking FRONT of a war, that doesn't sound exactly very much like forward-thinking

Tell that to the pseudo-intellectuals shitposting about "m-muh house/m-muh roman"

>actual roleplaying
>when you could be shitposting about this and that
You're dumb.

>Caesar is the only one capable of holding the Legion together and the faction will inevitably collapse once he's gone.
Why? I really don't get this ''everything will collapse when he dies'' argument you keep hearing.
99.99% of Legionaries have never met Sallow. Most have likely never even seen him; it's considered rare for him to be walking among the troops. They worship the Caesar, not Sallow. There's no real reason to assume everything will disintegrate just because a new Caesar is selected, assuming he isn't completely incompetent (read: Lanius).
Autocratic regimes don't collapse just because the leader is succeeded.

> all these fucking losers who only support the Legion because they think that they'll magically end up near the top of the food chain
You're fucking pathetic. You are afraid of democracy because you know that you're too weak to succeed in a system where you don't have an unfair advantage, which you won't get in a fascist system any way. I wish I know where you lived so I could come to you and humiliate you in your own homes and watch you accept it like the spineless coward escapist weaklings you all are.

Its easy enough to raise SPECIAL stats (to an extent) by the mid game. Go with whatever feels right for the character.

> Autocratic regimes don't collapse just because the leader is succeeded.
THIS IS PROVEN COMPLETELY FALSE BY HISTORY DOZENS OF TIMES OVER. STOP REPEATING THIS VILE LIE.

>5 INT

>6 ST, 5 PE, 6 EN, 4 CH, 4 IN, 5 AG, 5 LK

>I wish I know where you lived so I could come to you and humiliate you in your own homes and watch you accept it like the spineless coward escapist weaklings you all are.
lmao are there even enough fedoras in this world for you?
Anyway, I'm fairly certain people supporting the legion think they'll end up as one of the non-slave citizens in legion territory, not necessarily at the top of the legion food chain. the top of the legion food chain still means being a legionary, you know
citizen in legion territory > ncr citizen, tbqhwyf

Stats don't matter. You can distribute your SPECIAL points any way you like, change your mind mid-game and still come out on top with no difficulty whatsoever. NV isn't the kind of game where you gameplay decisions made at the start of the game hold, nor was this the case for the Fallout franchise as a whole. I myself did several melee runs on jsawyer very hard with 1 STR, END and AGI characters, and had no problem clearing the game. Just stop listening to anything others say and enjoy the game.

> lmao are there even enough fedoras in this world for you?
Stop projecting, you fucking loser.

Well, still good luck preventing your community to not side against the Legion then, else they will gladly nail you on the next cross they can find, like Nipton had to find out the hard way.

You seem exceptionally triggered user, would you like to talk about it?

> mistaking smugness for intelligence
Yep, you're a standard /pol/tard degenerate, all right. Fuck off to your containment board and never come back.

>I wish I know where you lived so I could come to you and humiliate you in your own homes and watch you accept it like the spineless coward escapist weaklings you all are.

>muh /pol/ boogeyman

>nipton refused to join Legion
>Legion throw a hissy fit and burn the place down

Wasn't nipton more like
>Mr. Doghat comes to the mayor and offer a good pay for helping legion by capturing some ncr soldier
>Mayor does exactly that
>Mayor and everyone else get fucked over by legion anyway

The legion is a complete cult of personality, don't fool yourself

That's not why Nipton was burned, though. Next time, talk to Vulpes before blowing his head off.

>implying those degenerates didn't deserve it
Besides, it was more about fucking with the NCR's already non-existent morale more than anything

Fairly certain they were never asked.

> Stop projecting
> implying that legionfags aren't all /pol/tards
You're deceiving yourself, not me.

How to check if FNV 4 GB enabler is actually working. In the Doc's house, when I Alt-tab out of the game and see the memory section in the task manager i get 700 MB. How do I know if it is actually working.

No, you don't get it, they weren't all white master race, so they all deserved to die. Do you even escapist loser?

>betraying those you're sheltering
>abloobloo it's coming back to bite me in the ass
there's plenty of arguments against the legion, this isn't one

> i get 700 MB
It's not working. There you have it.

Not exactly, this place was a shithole, but a) it was largely a strategic attack, considering it being close to the NCR Outpost and how much Vulpes half-truths his way thru your conversation with him; and b) I find it hard to believe that every single person within Nipton was a grade-A scumbag who deserves what happened in the end.

If you think it is really free-er under then Legion, overthink your stupid decision.

>If you think it is really free-er under then Legion
bretty sure literally no-one thinks this

I have 4Gb enabler and FNV doesn't really take more than 800Mb for me either, I think it depends on settings?

> the Legion's so fair and just, anyone who's fair and just like me can be successful in it
> but it totally doesn't count when they act the opposite of fair and just, and I'd still perform great there
There is no proof more definite that legionfags just want to live out their escapist fantasy than this.

>betraying the people you're sheltering is fair and just
what
also where the fuck is this escapist fantasy shit coming from? you could say that about any video game

Why isn't it working nub

It's also been proven true dozens of times over.

fallout.gamepedia.com/Caesar's_Legion

"RE: Caesar's plans: yes, he views the Colorado River as the Rubicon and the NCR as the corrupt Roman Republic waiting to be torn down via military occupation. This is literally exactly what Julius Caesar did with Legio XIII Gemina. Other things Julius Caesar did: not leave a clear line of succession, resulting in the early fracture and borderline collapse of the nascent Roman Empire he created." - Sawyer

> I'd love to live in this perfectly hierarchical society where the top gets everything and bottom gets nothing
> this society is extremely unforgiving, which means that only people completely loyal to the social structure of the society will ever achieve anything in it, meaning that I can justify this society not falling apart in years or decades at most despite numerous historical precedents
> I'm a complete loser IRL, and the only hope of ever finding success I have is in a society that's completely arbitrary about its allocation of resources, and I can pretend that the Legion is just such a society
> but it's totally not escapism
You're so full of shit, it's leaking through your every orifice.
Like when? Give me actual examples. If there's even one that didn't actually survive that you're going to justify with "but they totally would have lasted forever if their enemies didn't destroy them!", then I'm going to find out where you live and piss on your face before your whole extended family. I'm waiting.

Giving Octaviaus all his money, adopting him, spending the last years of his life introducing Octavian to both the troops and the administration doesn't count as having a successor?

> I'm a complete loser IRL, and the only hope of ever finding success I have is in a society that's completely arbitrary about its allocation of resources, and I can pretend that the Legion is just such a society
Stop projecting anytime.
The majority of historical regimes have concentrated power in one person or a very small group of people, from the Roman Empire and Chinese dynasties to European monarchies. They did not all collapse when the emperor/king was succeeded. It's kind of sad I actually have to tell you this.
>inb4 but they didn't last forever!
You're a fucking retard if you expect any form of government to last forever.

kek

It really is. Nipton is on the frontier, so that sort of thing happens in war. The rest of Legion-controlled territory is comfy and safe as fuck.

I wish all frogposters would die

>being a slave is comfy

Like we've been saying, the only slaves are tribals, degenerates, and enemies of the legion. Nothing wrong with a happy life as a farmer.

Did anyone have a problem with DARN UI? I edited the ini files but keep getting dots with MO

I agree, but it's not exactly free-er. You're free-er in that you don't get cucked by taxes and raiders but you lose the freedom to be a degenerate.

Generally only tribals and Legion opposers are enslaved, he's obviously talking about being a citizen in Legion lands.

> Stop projecting anytime.
You're such an obvious fucking /pol/tard, it's insulting that you thought that you could pretend that you aren't.
> he majority of historical regimes have concentrated power in one person or a very small group of people
Because there is no such thing as institutions. You've just failed junior high history.
> Roman Empire
In which the Senate had always played a big role and which no emperor could just ignore.
> Chinese dynasties
Which are famous for relying on extensive bureaucratic systems which chained rulers with responsibilities as much as they enabled them to rule effectively.
> European monarchies
Which always relied on not always loyal nobility which had at many, many, many occasions had succeeded at overthrowing said monarchies.
> They did not all collapse when the emperor/king was succeeded
Because they were never as centralised as the Legion was, and when they were, it ended at the very least in years of turmoil, if not outright civil war and/or total collapse of the state.
See? You're as fucking ignorant as you are stupid.
> It's kind of sad I actually have to tell you this.
Stupid fucking /pol/tard shows that he suffers from the Dunning-Kruger effect to the point where it's hard to see him as sapient and not just repeating the nonsense circulated on /pol/ like a parrot: check.
> You're a fucking retard if you expect any form of government to last forever.
See, you're even autismally literal-minded just like every /pol/tard is.

> losers believing that they will end up living comfy in societies that they like precisely for being extremely unforgiving to those who don't live up to the expectations
e s c a p i s t
l o s e r s

Your assumption I frequent the stormfront shithole cointainment board that is /pol/ is so central to your argument you probably won't accept the fact I'm not a /pol/tard, huh.
If you can stop being an overly triggered fuckwit for a second you may realize I'm not at all making the argument that the Legion would be a good idea in the current year IRL. I only think the Legion is better than the NCR precisely because of the state of the world in FNV. It's obviously a terrible fucking idea in real life, as is really any form of fascism.
If you think democracy would've worked 1000 years ago, you're a fucking idiot.

You don't have to really worry about full accuracy on Halloween versus a cosplay event or whatever, because as long as you get the basic shapes (bandages/vest/pants/boots) people who know the character have enough visual cues to know whay you were going for. Blue pants are fine, but you can always a buy a cheap pair of black pants from a Wal-Mart type shop no problem.

> I'm not a /pol/tard
1. That's what every single /pol/tard has been saying outside of /pol/ for two years now, and everyone outside of /pol/ knows that /pol/tards do this, and it's also known that /pol/tards keep pretending that they can keep claiming that they aren't from /pol/ like this brilliant plan hasn't been cracked the first time it was put into action, so you've done nothing but make me even more skeptical of your claims.
2. That you reason that literal fucking fascism is better at not plunging the world into apocalypse than bourgeois democracy shows you to at the very least share the exact same thinking patterns as /pol/tards, at which point it's really irrelevant whether or not you visit the board.
3. That you resort to arguments that are cut off by Hume's guillotine shows you to be… Ah, fuck it, I've made my point already. Go masturbate to vikings or something.

Yes Man/House >> NCR >>>>>>>> Legion?

Yes Man >= NCR >>>>> House >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Legion