Cheap Isnt Good And Good Isnt Cheap

Alright br/o/s, i need some help. I have a 95 M-Edition Miata and i wanna lower it. Not much, only like an inch or so. Problem is, im broke as fuck. Is there a way to lower it on stock suspension? Or am i fucked?

Also, if you can think of any other cheap (but tasteful) mods for NA Miatas, dump em here. Lets make this a budget mods thread

If you add like 700lbs of lead weights you could probably drop it at least an inch

you can be a retard and cut the springs. or you can save some money and buy a lowering spring set

Ah why thank you. Its a miata so im sure i can pull a fat bitch and it should do the job too haha

Only thing they're good for anyways

Is the concept of saving money really lost on retards like you?

Do you crave instant gratification so much that you can't save like 500 fucking dollars for some cheap coilovers

Like seriously fucking kys

There's no need to rice out what looks to be a clean M Edition either, you can probably sell it for like 5k if it's in good shape and low mileage, and buy yourself a civic/eclipse/tiburon to fuck up and neglect

Well it has like 147k and the tranny is a little notchy (and not to mention the ungodly lifter tick noise) so im not really worried about resale value. I dont wanna rice it up, i just wanted ideas for cheap yet tasteful mods

Also i dont want any of those shit cars. I could have gotten any one of those but i wanted a Miata

Raceland coilovers (inb4 >racelands) are cheap if all you're after is the look. Be warned, they ride like shit compared to stock and they are absolutely NO GOOD on a track or for any kind of spirited driving.

Come on OP

I got Tein Street Advance coilovers from Moss Miata when they had a sale - think it was like $600-something. I'm pretty fucking happy with it now that I got it sorted out. Just hope it'll last me a while...

Everyone says the Street Basis ones are shit and to avoid it. Also, mixed reviews from the people in my club who recommend V-Maxxs, but also around the same price IIRC. Oh, but if you just want to lower it - buy Flyin' Miata springs then.

>broke as fuck
>95 M Edition
>wanna lower it
reeee I bet you're going to fucking trash it

Seems like you are Good tires - these will make all the difference
>Suspension - the stock sus. is pretty soft and rolly, even cheap coilovers are OK
>Radiator - yours *is* on the way out as with any NA, replace with Mishimoto or even ebay shit if you're poor which you are
>Top - Robbins Streamline in Vinyl with glass window is my persanol favorite
>Hardtop for aesthetics/inclement weather

It honestly seems to be in great shape, the '95 M is the holy grail NA Miata to Miata enthusiasts, be proud of it and maintain it instead of trying to "make it your own"

People will pay >$1000 for the 15" BBS wheelset alone

If you do some maintenance and give it a good clay bar/ buff/ wax and throw it on craigslist someone will pay you $5000, if you're not willing to maintain the car do it a favor and pass it on to someone that will

Get off your high horse there friend. I changed the engine/trans/diff oil about a week after i got the car and i just recently rebuilt the shifter. Now, ill be honest im not a mechanic but i do know that my shifter should be a bit smoother, because ive driven 4 other miatas (one was an nb but whatever) that all had way smoother movement between gears. (Mine was owned by two women before me so that's probably why)
As for the lifter tick, i know that its very common and usually doesnt hurt anything but 1: it annoys the hell out of me and sounds like shit 2: IF i were to try to sell the car to anyone other than another miata enthusiast, they probably wouldnt believe me when i say "dont worry that's normal" after hearing it.

I just cant fix the lifter tick on my own because i dont have the know how of how to do it. Ill admit that. And for me to find someone who does will probs be more than i can afford, at least at the moment.
And where did the "memed into buying a miata by Veeky Forums" come from? Im a newfag to Veeky Forums but have wanted a miata since i was like 14. Sure i guess theyre kinda mainstream now, but theyre good cars. A good car is a good car. And for the money, you can do a lot worse than a miata

This.

Or you can re-bake the springs at higher compression.

I made that up.

Btw heres some more pics of it so you can guys can cry about "look at this idiot he doesnt know what he has that poor car blah blah blah"

What a flying cunt.

Yeah but he did offer a bit of help so hes not a flying cunt. Maybe just a regular cunt

Nice trim, has sort of "senior citizen" vibe to it.

Jokes aside, hope u enjoy the fuck out of it, be safe. Save for ril dil susp.

Thanks man I appreciate it. As stupid as i may come across, i do my best to make sure that car stays pristine.

I'll admit to being a cunt, but OP made himself out to be a newfag tard that happened to get his hands on a nice example of a rare car with no intentions of taking care of it, and full intentions of shitting it up

Maybe that's not the case but try not to sound so retarded next time OP, it might prompt friendlier responses, and I still feel like I made some valid suggestions

I test drove a '95 M(NA8) with 50k miles and a devoted elderly owner a couple of weeks ago, and was thoroughly surprised how different the shifter felt to my NA6 and any NB's I've driven, you might just be high if you've already rebuilt the shifter and flushed fluid, even women can only do so much to fuck up a transmission at

You're not a cunt buddy, OP is just a true degenerate :^)

>Lowering a car with shit stock ride height is rice
Lol okay retard

Cut the springs or buy lowering springs, both of those are pretty lame though.
You're best off spending 1k on a coilover set.
(Or 400 fur raceland ultimos)

>any other cheap (but tasteful) mods
>cheap
>"tasteful"

rice was implied right here, fellow retard

not to mention the stock ride height is perfectly decent

Lol no, it sits like a monster truck stock

>implying its impossible for inexpensive things to be tasteful

The '97 is known as the monster truck, I honestly have no idea how you would think the stock height is way too high on the '95 M you fucking dog-fucker

pic related, it's the bone stock '95 I drove and will probably be buying, I mean yeah for a stancefag it might be high but it seems perfectly fine, even the wheel gap is quite reasonable

in today's JDM culture, "tasteful" mods almost always means "riced to shit with stupid shit"

especially in the context of poorfags

A
Monster
Truck
Who the fuck even drives a stock Miata lmao

Kill yourself furfag.

Stay mad

^wasn't even me, but I have to agree

stock miat best miat, kys dogfucker

>stock miat best miat
yeah, best at being a boring hairdressermobile, stock is fur cucks and autists

Cut the springs.

t b h this, I've cut the springs on my volvo and my friend's miata and it works fur the time being until you save up money to get a real set of coil overs.

Pop the tires

>implying stancefags drive anyways

>anything low is stance

OK, OK, let me elaborate you degenerate piece of furry trash

lets say you (live in japland and) find pic related, bone stock, low mileage, just mint original condition

If your first instinct is to hack it up and start modding it, I see that as fucked up because the cars (86's, or Miatas in this case) are common enough that you can find a non-special edition piece of shit to hack up. So idgaf if someone makes a time attack car out of a Classic Red NA6, but when someone decides they want to fuck up a future classic that is considerably more "special" than any other NA Miata, it kinda chaps my ass

Fucking YOLO and all, but imo preserving Jap "classics" in original shape is just as rewarding as fucking it up for your own amusement

It serves the same purpose as cut stock springs are worse handling than just leaving it on the stock suspension.

People laugh at stancefags because its something that ruins or degrades handling for the sake of looks, just like cutting your springs.

you mean you tried to fuck your friend's dog you piece of shit

>tried
His dick was definitely small enough to fit m8

deflating tires for looks is definitely a stancefag type of thing to do.

>better fitment brah, recommend psi aint shit, still drives yo, 2cm lower
>duuuude, illest

eyy goteem

>name calling
>didn't refute anything
>got em

Kill yoir self boomer faggot

Decent set of shocks and Springs for a miata is cheap as chips
So yeah whatever

>putting your penis
>in a dog

..?