How the fuck did this car become the symbol of 80s...

How the fuck did this car become the symbol of 80s? There are so many other better looking giugiaro-type cars but this piece of shit is somehow the poster car for 80s.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LBIgXhiOpeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it was in a movie

movie tax, not that hard.

TV shows are also acceptable

youtube.com/watch?v=LBIgXhiOpeQ

movie, design hits all the right 80s' notes, also because John DeLorean was part of drug bust for cocaine.

i have always wonder why they put a french v6 in it
then i looked at american v6 produced at the time
TOP KEK

it was also being made in ireland.

but why ? wasn't DMC american ?

Tax incentives, probably.
It's Ireland, after all.

make sence

make cents

This is what the 80s actually looked like

Check the trunk.

You think the Ferrari Testarossa isn't the symbol of the 80s?

How about the Lamborghini Countach? Or the C4 Corvette? Or the Pontiac Trans-Am?

exactly. the deloreon is more of a running gag compared to the true symbols and just iconic because it was the time machine in an iconic film series

Actually its the Robocop car.

They look better IRL than in photos.

Other than the motor, it *is* a pretty cool car. Pretty much everything about it is fixed by swapping in a better powertrain.

desu if you asked 10 people what the ultimate 80s car is, at least half of them would probably say "durr a Ferrari" because of Miami Vice and (to a lesser extent) Magnum P.I.

When they filmed Back to the Future they actually swapped out the engine in the DeLorean that they used in the movie with an engine from a Porsche because the DeLorean was too slow.

All aluminum
All aluminum body
Aluminum

Also you new fags weren't there, you don't know.

Stainless steel, friend.

The Trans Am was 70s, honestly. Even though KITT was popular, everyone knows KITT as KITT, not a Trans Am. When you say Trans Am almost everyone thinks Smokey and the Bandit.

The DeLoreans used in Back to the Future retained the original V6 engine, but the sound effects artists changed the sound of the engine to a Porsche 928 V8.

if you went to high school in the 80's this was THE car to have

Didn't know you could fix the terrible brakes by doing an engine swap. That's great news!

The cocaine scandal didn't hurt, I guess.

because for all its failings, it is a cool looking car that hits all the right 80's notes, was in a famous movie, (where it was chosen specifically because it was futuristic looking enough that someone from the 50's might think it looked like a spaceship)

the stainless steel body is also really unique and gives it a one of a kind look with the Guigiaro styling. if it were just a normal body in red or blue, it wouldnt have been as iconic I bet

>if it were just a normal body in red or blue, it wouldnt have been as iconic I bet

Wow, I regret googling.

Who gives a shit about stopping?