Canada JDM Importing

Here in Canada we can pretty much import anything we want as long as it's 15 years old.

I've been trying to find a pre-2008 WRX with less than 150,000km for the past 3 months with no success. I'm wondering if it's worth looking at Japanese imports since you can get a Bugeye WRX with ~100,000km for less than $10,000 CAD. I'm just wondering what the fuel situation is like since the highest octane I can get in Nova Scotia is 91.

>tl;dr: Is importing a Japanese WRX into Canada worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

goo-net-exchange.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can make a north American wrx just as fast for less so in a sense it's not worth it but the uniqueness is is worth the extra price.

No. You can import a WRX with quite low KM's for cheaper.

Gotta know how to restore it after all the time sitting on a lot though

Imported a subaru legacy b4 in vancouver a while ago. Went quite well!

Ya, it's all about the price for me. I'm not looking for insane performance, just a regular WRX.

It's crazy how jacked up the used Subaru market is in Canada. You're either paying $16,500 for a pristine show car, or $8000 for something modded to shit with 260,000km or an engine swap.

There's a JDM 2000 Legacy B4 RSK for sale in my area with 56,000km for about $7000. Should I jump on that or hold out for a good condition WRX?

It could be worth it. Subaru market is fucked here, just be prepared to deal with the whole RHD thing.

I hope you can find a good importer.

A word of warning about the b4
Its a great car and mine was really reliable, however since it's a twin turbo it has a different transmission.
USDM legacy transmission parts are non interchangable without some fab work. (I could be wrong but this is what my mechanic led me to belive.)

Fonding a good jdm mechanic is hard. Idk what city youre in. It costed 1250 for new clutch labour incuded so not the end of the world.

With an air filter, tune, blow off valve and some good brakes you will have a really good time. I miss mine a ton.

However its a rarer car and knowledge and parts and aftermarket are more scarce

If you know your cars and can do things yourself i fully reccomend it

get a 05 saab 9-2x aero (saab branded WRX)

>NS
Mo nica
But seriously, give the damn car a chance, move into a non-salt province so it won't rust to nothing over the winter.

SAAABBARRUUUUU

But really, this will probably be the most affordable WRX you can find, and it has the steering rack from the STI and better insulation making less road noise.

there's no issue with that as long as you go with a reputable importer, the issue is finding insurance for a rhd car.

I can tell you first hand, yes it is worth it. Get an STi. Take good care of it, it's a great car.

nice
>finding insurance for a rhd car
Is it really that difficult? Not OP but in MB autopac will insure anything.

You can get insurance easily but not full coverage on a RHD (that's how it works in AB). If it gets stolen or wrecked you're effectively screwed and out $10k.

Wow that fucking sucks.

also have fun at clusterfuck red light lefts

go to this website and be amazed OP

tradecarview.com

you can get full coverage as long as it's been appraised in AB

Most import websites seem only to support JDM vehicles.

Does anyone know one that supports European markets?

I want a Citroen C5 wagon with the sweet hydrosuspension.

Victoria/Vancouver here, a shipping company went bankrupt and there's a freighter just sitting out there that I knkw for a fact has JDMs sitting unloaded. Get an outboard and go heist it

Im mildly down, i know a guy at the ports

Nice Quads.

Is it weird driving on the wrong side? This would be my daily car so it needs to be somewhat practical.

Is this legit? It seems too good to be true and I've never heard of it.

>this will probably be the most affordable WRX you can find
If you can find it. They're way rarer than regular WRXs.

>goo-net-exchange.com/

Full support for Euro and Burger cars imported to Japan. Most of the C5s listed aren't egal yet, though.