What's Veeky Forums's take on waze

What's Veeky Forums's take on waze.

What other alternatives are there.

Jews gonna shut em down, unless this is the big corporate Jew copycat app of Uber. Jews always ruin everything. Soon it's gonna be licenses and special insurances and next thing you know you're just a cab driver dispatched by your cell phone. They just can't let people make money without forcing it into being barely profitable

Do you even no what fucking waze is.

Waze is a GPS that you can report police, hazards, road closers ect in real time.

Its god sent.

I was driving from another state today, Waze told me it was rerouting, Next thing i know it takes me off highway and i look up and the whole highway is shut down for the next few exits. Me I just went around as if it was nothing.

Thanks waze

Waze isn't ride sharing you retarded fucking meatball.

Cop alerts > radar detector

Too many false and retarded alerts. I would rather just use a radar detector. Those give false alerts too, but good ones can memorize the area if they aren't real cops and cheaper ones, you know which ones are false if you drive the area a lot.

I used Waze once on my drive from Miami to Chicago and like 1/20 of the alerts that popped up and yelled at me were actually real.

Thats because usually False reports are cops that were spotted and moved along.

>In 2006, a community project was founded by Ehud Shabtai – "FreeMap Israel".
>feeding information into the GPS Jew
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

>In March 2014, a successful attempt was made by students from Technion-Israel Institute of Technology to fake a traffic jam
I'm really not feeling the repeated references to Israel in the WAZE wiki......

Its a FUCKING SOCIAL GPS. It doesnt fucking matter who made it. Fuck back over to /pol/

main problem i have is that it ALWAYS mutes my music or whatever i have playing on bluetooth, even if i have it play alerts on the phone itself

basically i muted alerts so it wouldn't interrupt my shit and i just use it as a better google maps now

Unless you've got something illegal to hide there's really no reason to be concerned about GPS devices.
We dont live in 1984 yet

Doesn't really help me because I never get police alerts on the roads where I hoon.
Nice for avoiding traffic, but doesnt replace a radar detector.

>Too many false and retarded alerts.
This
They give you "points" for making reports so people spam reports of every pebble and piece of tread in the road, every car stopped in the grass for the driver to take a piss, every construction zone sign whether there are workers or not. Gets aggravating. If only there were a way to turn off all alerts but police.

I use it over my old Nav-U GPS. But it still lacks turn/intersection zooming and lane guidance though.

Great for traffic avoidance, road closure avoidance and in areas with plenty of users, cop avoidance.

I use it often and the time and fuel it saves pay for my phone bill and phone. I fucking love Waze.

When Joaquin flooded roads throughout SC, I drove around the blockages because Wazers promptly and accurately reported them.

Post points fellers

>It doesnt matter that a Jew made it
>It doesnt matter than Google owns it
>Just shut the fuck up and keep feeding it info faggot
Yeah, all these self driving cars and 4k camera smartphones with cameras on the front and back and all the telecomminucations networks supporting it are totally just to make our lives easier and in no way attract interest of military organizations or jewish corporations at all. Got it. I'll just shut up and keep taking 100 selfies a second with my GPS turned on walking around with my Pokemon GO loaded smartphone with all cameras activated mobbing public places that the app tells me to and not ever get a clue as to why, because as long as we're happy, less inconvenienced and having fun that's all anyone cares about.

You live in the information age. You could get used to it, or you could just kill yourself

kill yourself paranoid autist

This.
>DEAD RACCOON ON SHOULDER IN 5 MILES
>DEAD RACCOON ON SHOULDER IN 2 MILES
>DEAD RACCOON ON SHOULDER IN 1 MILE
>DEAD RACCOON ON SHOULDER IN 0.5 MILES
>DEAD RACCOON ON SHOULDER IN 500 YARDS
>DEAD RACCOON ON SHOULDER IN 100 YARDS
>PASSING DEAD RACCOON ON SHOULDER

This, waze doesn't have a button for a moving cop.
They have a button for Visible, Hidden, other lane, but not one for one driving with or against traffic.

>we're so retarded it's not even funny
>it's just the information age you tinfoil
kys, both of you. the earth can't support anymore braindead.

Why the fuck would you report that?
>Off-duty cop 3 cities away from his juristiction travelling home at 70mph

>get called out for being a paranoid autist
>everyone else is retarded

You stupid fucking paranoid tin foil reject, no one cares about information! You literally can't sell information, it's worthless. The internet exists for us to learn, but you can't actually make money off of information. Google doesnt sell anything and they're a broke company you stupid faggot holy shit how are you allowed to be so stupid? Facebook and twitter barely get by on ads, that's all they sell no one gives a shit about your location, habits likes, dislikes or cultural memes. Who the fuck is gonna pay for that? NO ONE. Stop being such a fucking retard.

pretty helpful for long ass road trips. the 'car stalled on shoulder' one can get annoying.

if they could add that I think it would be nice. as it is waze has probably helped me avoid a few tickets

read royal wanker

Pffft okay yeah a corporation gives a shit about my selfies and what I like. Have you even thought about how stupid that sounds?? What does a corporation or military branch care about information for? HAHAHAHA Yeah okay you moron. Militaries really care about data mining and trends LOL who is this retarded faggot?

IKR who the fuck makes money off of massive datasets??? LOL No one. What a fag ignore him.

No one around here uses it, so it's completely useless

The only way they make money is by selling information to other companies so they can execute targeted advertisements.
If you're not fucking retarded you could always, you know, not buy shit just because it pops up on your screen, then its problem solved.

>Why the fuck would you report that?
>>Off-duty cop 3 cities away from his juristiction travelling home at 70mph
Just so you know that there is a police officer coming your direction.
I was doing 85 in my taco on thursday morning. There was a police report over the the hill where all the hillbillies come in to ruin my state (and there are usually several accidents between 6-9am))
So here I am alone in the passing lane, and I see bright blue across the highway, and a fuckload of dust kick up. Thank god It happened then and not 30 seconds later, I was able to dip into the right lane and take a side highway to work.

Are you the same special education retard that flamed the census thread for being a "Jew conspiracy"?