Never been to Veeky Forums

Never been to Veeky Forums

What is yous guys' opinoin on the лaдa ?

If your going to slav it up call it a BAЗ

its a complete shitbox with no real redeeming value tbqh

but its a piece of the old world so its cool

kinda like the Trabant and Beetle

Kinda like that old-soviet era feel to them.

Well, they cost like $300. But yeah, they're not even reliable like Twingos.

Cant say until we see some lap times

>half an hour around the nurburgring

Mainstay of A-B transport for most Russians in poorer rural areas and small cities.

Pic related, my great uncle's '82 21011 in Biysk.

Interior is AESTHETIC

Why does everything look so grey over there?

i'm a murrican and i kind of want one desu

i wonder if they're hard to import...

Cities I guess tend to be on the drabber side, but once you're out in the sticks it's awesome.

50k rubles (Less than $1000) can get you a really nice grandpa owned 2106 like this '98 of my grandma's neighbor.

Commencing mini Lada and Russian car dump

Nana is best

if you do a lap of the Nürburgring in assetto corsa and reply it at x2 speed it look legit.

Is that the blyad-mobile?

Where can I get one of these in the states?

Car-scape in Siberia in general can be broken down as such:

few oddball old Moskvitches and old Volgas
RWD ladas old and new (indistiguishable)
FWD ladas
newer compact sedans (renault logan, hyundai accent, ford focus, mitsubishi lancer)
UAZ (a lot of newer Patriots)
newer Volgas (the Russian b-body GM)
Old late 80s-late 90s JDM Toyota sedans
oddball JDM stuff (kei cars and vans and such)
JDM 4wds, 90% of which is Toyota Landcruisers (70/80/90/100/105)
new 4wds split between land Cruiser Prado 150 and land Cruiser 200
finally a catch all for used 90s European cars and a few rare American cars that were imported.

You could probably find one somewhere, there are some that were imported into Canada then brought to the states at somepoint. They kinda have a cult following in North America

P dänk, my 2105 is in the classic no bumpers, chopped springs, welded diff and right side front fender absolutely fucked from skidding into a tree configuration

That actually seems really comfy.
>would go on road trip in/10

is that roof chopped? looks like it

Yup. Ladas have absurdly high roofs, I'm 194cm and could drive one in a top hat

I've done a number of road trips in Ladas, the longest being a solid 10 hour drive through the Altai mountains, getting near the border with Mongolia. Definitely not modern-vehicle comfort in terms of ergonomics, but it is cozy in a sense, especially when you're sitting on the mandatory home-sewn seat covers and such. Seat cushions are super springy and you sink into them like some sort of cheap sofa. Again, not optimal for long trips, but feels really nice when you're getting the life shaken out of you on the shitty roads there.

Perhaps what is most surprising to folks not familiar with ladas is just how smooth the ride is. I'm talking softer than a towncar ride. They also handle like shit in this state, but when you're bumping along the moonscape-tier roads out there a comfy ride and suspension win out.