First car

I'm going to buy my first car soon and I'm thinking about either a g35 or a civic si. Help me out? (Pic is from Google, those aren't the actual cars I'm choosing between)

>fwd

Neither is a racecar no matter how much you think it is at that red light next to a diesel Golf with aftermarket wheels.

Practically every G35 is beat to shit and has been owned by 7 different Mexicans by now, so even with my hate for the FWD grocery getter, I say shut up and buy a Civic.

g35.
More luxurious, more comfy, better sounding, better looking, far more power, rwd
If you're looking at a g you could also consider a 350z

>Practically every G35 is beat to shit and has been owned by 7 different Mexicans by now
>implying this isnt true for the civic Si
Its as true, if not more true for the civic Si, because every who owns an Si thinks its a race car

Civic SI
what years are you looking at?

I'm thinking '07 thru '12

I missed the fact this was your first car. Id say get the civic so you dont kill yourself or wrap yourself around a tree. Consider a car like the G once you have experience

both cars are for faggots that want to pretend to be a racer. molested fwd shitbox or molested heavy as fuck shit engine shitbox but at least its rwd. choice is yours

I'm not sure that either is a good choice. Most SIs and G's have been both beat to shit.

Hell, the vq guys are the new honda guys. Theyre fucking everywhere with their Gs on coilovers .

I don't know OP. Really I'd say the G if I had to pick, but they can be money pits.

Lol this is a funny thread. I owned a 2004 G35 coupe for a couple years, now currently own a 2012 Si with Comptech supercharger. Not gonna lie the Si is better in every single way. Handles better (less understeer), much faster, better gas mileage, more reliable, comfier interior, roomier. The only thing G35 has is that god tier exhaust note.

Civic, ownership costs will be lower for a first time buyer like you.

I agree but for some reason the Civic SI's seem to hold up better to the neglect and abuse (at least aesthetically). There are still some good G37's, but I haven't seen a G35 that doesn't look tired as fuck in years and years. The Civic is still a little shitbox for people who get an oil change every 30k miles while the G35 was a luxury sports coupe.

He's not wrong. The G sounds REALLY nice.

Out of all my cars the Miata was my favorite btw..

I have an 8th gen Si. It's been quite the experience owning it. Everyone calls me a slow ricer, but it's hard to care since it's fun as fuck to drive. Kinda similar to a Miata in that way

This seems to be the case with mainly the coupes for obvious reasons. Other than the fact that the G is the pivotal fuckboy car where you can declare how you vape and love your haters, they seem like a good bargain

Either choice is fine. Pick the one that's in better condition, or lower price. Drive them both if you can. Feel which one you like better.

OP here and I think I'm going to buy a 2012 si. Thanks for all the input and advice.

Just get a non-si civic. Si's have all been abused and riced out. Same with G35s and they burn oil too if it hasn't been changed religiously.

NO.

This isn't true, at least not where I live. You can find tons of good condition 8th and 9th gen Si.

Nice, good shit OP. I absolutely love my 2012 Si. You should supercharge it though =^) makes it way better. SCs just work so nice with VTEC.

Yeah I was planning on doing that. I watched some videos on supercharged civics and it looks incredible.

It is! The car weighs 2800lbs, I'm currently making 300whp with a pretty simple setup. Cars been completely reliable and takes the boost well.

Dude you arguably owned the worst year g35

In what sense?

Damn only 2800? I forgot to look up the weight and I'm happily surprised

In every sense, every year got better, 2006+ significantly so and a civics suspension setup is not even close to the G's which is independent suspension

>in every sense
Comment discarded. They were all pigfat, understeer terribly, and felt slow. Si is a drivers car, where as G35 is a luxury boat. FWD/RWD is irrelevant.

I like your choices OP, you've done a nice job of finding something that is one one hand -
-luxurious
-sleek
-rather prestigious to the pleb
-RWD
On the other hand the G35 is also
-underwhelming in the performance-we-dollar department*
-engines generally only last ~200k miles of taken care of
>extreme likelihood to have been abused atleast once
*The problem with VQ engines has always been the buy in price. It's not that you -can't- build them, it's that unless you are dead set on getting a built VQ you are almost 100% better off with any other entry level engine to build.

Then you have the Civic SI
-closest you'll get to a type R
-great handling
-extremely reliable considering how much you can throw it around
-one of the poster cars for performance-per-dollar builds
-lightweight
-rather useful even in mundane situations

On the con side you have
-ricer stigma
-ricer pressure*
-FWD**
-very good potential of finding an anally ravished example
*Every Honda owner has gone through the phase where they wonder if it's not just better to get aesthetics as even though engine work is cheap, it's not nearly as cheap as you expect and that turns people off.
**meme