Considering getting a '16 MX5 as my daily driver...

Considering getting a '16 MX5 as my daily driver. Probably going to go with an automatic mainly because traffic is bad in LA

Anyone drive a MX5 as a commuter? How is it?

You do not want an automatic MX-5.
It will just feel like a slow econobox.
Get the manual, it's not that hard in traffic.
Please do not get an automatic
Please

no no no no no. If you live in the city with traffic, just get something more comfy with an auto.

Should be fine. Fuel economy is great on the NDs and the car should be fairly reliable. Just watch out for those SUVs and trucks who can't see you and will turn you into a pancake.

And listen to . The gearbox is supposed to be one of the best features of the Miata. The remorse you'll feel over getting the automatic when there's no traffic will be greater than the inconvenience of creeping in traffic with a manual transmission.

>full disclosure: I don't own a Miata

+1 to everybody above.

Buying an automatic Miata is like dating a chick who had her tits removed because of breast cancer.

If you can drive a manual, get it. I would never drive an auto Miata, but then again, if manual is completely out of the picture, please buy the auto. It's thanks to people like you that we can enjoy enthusiast cars like this in this current year.

>implying you can afford a Maserati

Honestly I could deal with flat girls, it's more like dating an annoying hot girl with no vagina

>mazdarati

OP here

My manual driving skills are pretty rusty. I've driven my uncle's manual Z4 a couple times a few years ago. If I go manual I will have to relearn.

The problem with manual is in LA there is alot of stop and go traffic and lots of hills on my daily commute. Not too confident in my driving skills yet.

>Put into neutral while holding brake down
>Pull ebrake in
>Sit still until traffic moves
>Push clutch in
>Move shifter into 1st
>Release clutch while pressing gas and releasing ebrake at the same time moving everything close to their designated points of gripping/no gripping
>Move easily without moving backwards

Its not hard bruh.

I agree its not hard but I do get nervous when theres some expensive cars behind me riding my ass

It happens man, I never get nervous or scared of anything.

> The gearbox is supposed to be one of the best features of the Miata.

LoL

Enjoy your shredded transmission in a year.

buy an NA and invest the rest.

autotragic detected

I have driven an auto ND, it was actually really really good and the paddle shifting is their if u ever wanna play with the shifting it.

Also deal with traffic on a daily basis and would never get a stick because of it

why not get a mazda 3

T-H-I-S, goes for every car desu

i dd a nb and like it
i say go 4 it

sedan or hatchback?

>thinking of getting automatic because
>traffic is bad in [insert city known for congestion here]

This mentality needs to die. My car has a heavy as fuck clutch and doesn't bite until you're nearly at the top. I also live in San Francisco, where the roads are all inclines and declines compared to LA

All you gotta do, OP

>don't start moving as soon as the person in front of you starts moving
>keep a reasonable gap
>just let the car chug along in 1st gear with no throttle input
>don't get booty tickled if someone squeezes into the gap you just made. Let it go and keep chugging along

That's all there is to it. Waking up earlier/later to avoid congested hours also helps

Im a pizza delivery boy, Its not a big deal to drive a manual in heavy traffic all day.

You can just repeatedly move the car forward with 1st blips and stick it back to neutral repeatedly, If thats too much for you then you weren't ment to be a good driver.

Limited space. Nowhere near as bad as the memes suggest but you're not going to pack it like you would a small sedan.

May as well be a Mazda2.

To each their own. He feels a need to justify it instead of doing it. Do whatever you feel like OP, just don't have regrets.

I have a ND Sport 6-speed, and I love it. It's comfortable and fun, albeit a bit too noisy for my liking when it comes to commuting on the freeway. I'm definitely getting a hard top to reduce the wind noise at some point

Personally I recommend hatchback because I own one, more vertical space, tho I don't like the silhouette