>crawl

Ricing on twisties
>G's pull your body as you take corners
>Feel of danger at all times
>Glorious engine revving and acceleration
>Using techniques such as heel-toe
>M-muh downshifts
>Rally

Going slow vs Going fast, what is more fun OP?

Anyway, offroading seems fun in a way. Lots of fine movements and you have to really process the terrain to find a line.

>off-roading is all slow
>what is long-travel prerunning

You haven't had fun until you've had mud coming in...OVER the windowsill

Honestly a stock jeep will do insane shit and the bigger you get the more boring it is. Something that is hardcore on 33s is downright snooze fest on 38s

New jeep. picked it up on the weekend. My first Offroad vehicle

Needs a new trans and electric fan

i'm not a popular guy for thinking that mudding is the most inane hobby ever

trail riding and overlanding is fucking fun though

Mudding is inane.
8' deep mud holes in the part of the trail that is ruts like railroad tracks is fucking tits though. It's one thing I miss being in Colorado, the few times there is mud it's very tame and never deep but back in Indiana that shit is like clay and just goes down forever.

Yeah driving into a pit in a field is the dumbest thing ever, but conquering a hole in the middle if a trail you can't even turn around on is awesome.

That is lovely. I just bought this Sat, needs alternator and water pump.

>bought an MJ
>two months later, my face when looking at it

What do you do to prevent rust? Just got a 94 4x4 f150 have the bed off right now going to clean and paint frame ( it is actually sanded under the paint)
I'm going with rolled on rustolium rusty metal primer and them a few coats of gloss black

Good I miss my mjs. Give it to me faggot

What's /org/'s opinion on ATVs? I want something I can wheel and do trails n shit with, but I don't really have the option of insuring two vehicles right now. So that means I can either build my DD and wheel it, which seems like a bad idea, or I can buy something else to haul to the trails and wheel.

I have loads of experience riding ATVs on farmland and logging trails and shit, but I've never been to a bona fide offroad park so I don't know if I'd be missing out if I only had the smaller machine. I live in SW Missouri and it seems like there are more ATV trails around than regular 4x4 trails, but I could be wrong about that.

I suppose buying a 4x4 truck or suv for offroad use only is also an option, but I imagine it would cost me a lot more to build it up decent and get a trailer for it, and I'm not a rich man.

What do you guys think? Build DD and wheel it, ATV, or 4x4 and trailer?

pic from the first time I went muddin with shit tires (not a fan of mudding desu)

>not a fan of mudding
cuckold: the post

wading through knee deep mud isn't my definition of fun lol, I'd much rather be exploring random level b's and other access roads which still have some mud

How is the 1st gen Tacoma, specifically the post facelift years, for off-roading without a lot of mods?

hire a professional to sandblast it, its worth it trust me. then fog like 4-5 coats of fluid film on it shit is magic.
then paint over that with rustoleum

Got my truck up and running again, but I have nobody to ride the trails nowadays :'-(

Agreed. I much prefer trailing and overlanding over mudding. IMO dirt gets caked on EVERYWHERE making cleanup and working on anything underneath a living nightmare. Plus in my experience caked on mud draws rust like flies to shit.

I do like driving on sand dunes though!

84 4runna from saturday

Took my XJ the other day for the first time in probably 8 months. It was pretty fun, but we've been in a drought so everything is pretty dried out. I might go to this off road fundraiser thing this weekend, but I'm not sure yet. I guess it's all kinds of trails and mud pits on some private property that the people built just for the event. It's supposed to rain all week leading up to it, so it should be pretty muddy.

Did the ute and Honda TRX500 quad combo for a while before selling the quad. Great fun to gather firewood and suss out trails but after a few months it's limits really started to grate me. Sacrificed a lot of tray space when doing a trip for the quad which was much better used for carrying more equipment.

Horses for courses, I don't have offroad parks in Aus where I live and each camping trip is longer than three days so I found I needed that tray space. That and I flipped the cunt down an embankment while wearing nothing but shorts and a hat. Decided that maybe I am not the right sort of person to last long as a quad owner.

I really need to get the Land Rover back down to the Pine Barrens. It's been too long. Nothing but sand, water, and mud holes.