/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder thread >Official news
One Tamriel/Update12 is finally here! (October 18 for consoles)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294849/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-4-update-12-one-tamriel
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6
strawpoll.me/11509201
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>makes new thread
>doesn't update OP
I was seconds from posting the new one.

If you want something to be added to the OP, post in a reply to the OP in the thread.

Its fine if you want to make a new one though, we can just not use this one.

no big deal, just probably shoulda mentioned halloween event was extended for another week and several threads ago the latest patch notes link should be updated to
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6

strawpoll.me/11509201

what's this got to do with elder scrolls?

>port looks exactly like the concept art
they really fuckin nailed that whole town

I've had three DB contracts to glenumbra in a row. do they only send you to your faction home zone? are they level-specific?

r8 me

Does anyone know any good magicka regen mods for morrowind?

what armor is that?

Orcs are cool

>bamp

What merchant guilds are you apart of?

Is there a way to tell which of the skill point quests you've done for each dungeon?

Emp costume dyed

so you have be emperor to get it?

Ye

To any PvPers, I have an argonian NB i want to level in the sub-50 realm. Am I best off going magicka or stam for this.

Pretty much just going around doing scouting missions, collecting books and skyshards and stealthing through delves and past enemies, but I might want to attack/defend at some point. Just not sure how well magicka NB goes in PvP, and if I could be helpful during sieges.

>magicka NB
Bomb people with proximity detonation + soul tether or some other massive damage aoe while wearing a 5 piece set of vicious death, you can take out like 10+ people at once standing on a flag

or run with proc sets (vipers sting, velidreth monster set, red mountain, widowmaker) as a stam blade and rush the shit out of people while flanking/ambushing

Shadow cloak is a great skill I would slot even as a stamina based character, do it right after you get hit by siege and the rest of the damage doesn't hit, if you are a poofter coward you can also use it to escape battles too

>When you're invited by some 800+ to do hard content and you say you haven't done it but you've been invited by this guy so many times to stuff that you join anyway and you're not sure if you're the one fucking up or not because they're shouting and shit on TS while they're saying everything is OK but you still feel like you're the one dragging everyone down.
>I must scream but I don't speak French

4 of the biggest in EU PC, otherwise I wouldn't be able to act as a spy. I usual just buy something expensive from the store, re-list it for 40% above the normal price and it's guaranteed to sell since people from the main guild launder my salary that way. This way I also easily stay in the guilds that want you to sell for 25k+ each week.

Abah's Landing is one of the most city-like cities in the game, it's a better Redguard city than Sentinel, the fucking capital of Hammerfell. It's also diverse as hell, with Maormer, vampires and at least one werewolf woven into the populace like it's nbd.

It'd be a 10/10 city if not for the guards with the cancer anti-stealth lights every ten fucking feet.

I hope the vanilla cities get a makeover, the dlc ones blow them all out of the water

Anyone here on Xbone and really good at soloing dungeons? I'm looking for someone to run me through and wrapping up the normal dungeons for the achievements, and the Fighters Guild won't do it. Lets negotiate rates for bodyguard mercenary work! You can keep anything you find!

>Shadow cloak is a great skill
if only it didn't sometimes bug and the game would pull you out of it for no reason 10th of a second after you cast it

Yeh. Orsinium is probably the best City in the whole game.

Also, compare the rocks in Abah's Landing to Reaper's March, it's like 2 different games.

So i haven't played in a few months and i want to start a new character. I have my templar healer so i would like a dps that's fun in pve. Which class? Stam or mag? I rarely go with a tank so i might go there this time

what possible use is there to spy on trading guilds? it's not like spying will get you their spots, if they are top guilds. especially not one of a guild that pulls 170m a week if you are spying you know which one I'm talking about

I know that feeling its always terrifying you start to wonder "am i the shitter" and that voice gets louder and louder until you either confirm yes i was the shitter or you find out it was some one else you didn't/cou8ldnt/weren't paying attention too

MM uses your guilds data so he might just be using them for the buying/selling data and then selling all of his stuff at a different guilds trader because its comfy

Most guilds foolishly have most money stored in the guild bank, making it easy to know what you have to bid to surpass them.
>But you're only part of one guild.
Go to, say, Mournhold and look at the tabards. A lot of the trading guilds are allied with each other.

Magika Nightblade.

Shadow and Siphoning magic is fun as fuck.

I find mag way more fun in pve, stam sorc is alright tho, current pve dps fotm is mag temp and stam sorc but you ever seriously want to do dd vet trial then go mag.

Ok then i'll try a mag NB. What about tanks? Can templar even compare to DK? Every time i tried a DK it seemed like slow start for me compared to other classes

>Doesn't say when maintenance ends

They never say when maintenance ends

But I wanna continue my adventure in Skyrim Online

>I'm playing for less than a week

Not really, DK just too sweet of a tank, the amount of support you can bring to the group while also being a brickwall without even trying is amazing.

they never, ever tell you the exact time for how long a maintenance will be. sometimes, when the maintenance has already lasted for several hours, they will say on forums that they expect to be done in X hours, but that's just them throwing out some bullshit to appease players. a normal maintenance will last for at least 5 hours. on very rare occasions they are shorter. often, they are extended. longest maintenance that I can remember was almost 9 hours.

Don't you like new players revitalising your once dying game?

Guess I'm gonna do my daily drawing early today

Patching feels good man

Planning to level my DK tank through dungeons. What should I use on 1-5 ?

my statement in no way reflects any sort of preferences

it's simply obvious you haven't played for long since you're surprised they do not tell us how long a maintenance will be

it's right next to people coming here posting how they are pissed that there is a maintenance on a monday and how they were not informed of this

Anyone else getting infinite loading screens since the maintenance? This fucking game. If it's not down then it's not working. Holy shit how hard can it be?

Been getting them since a couple days before actually
Seems to happen very often if I alt-tab during them

Fucking Gold Coast dailies wont drop minotaur motifs REEEEEEEEEE

>Orc (albino)
I'm new, is this skin color canon?

When are they going to add the red wolf to the Crown store or the white one that some times spawns for that matter?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Post yer spooky boogie skelly in action

Am I crazy, or is there an effect you can get that allows you to occasionally craft two potions at once? I swear I remember something like that, but I can't find anything about it.

Ah fuck me, I thought I posted in /tesg/. I meant to ask about Skyrim. Pardon my faggotry.

How can a magicka Templar compete with Stam sorcerer dps? I was running a delve the other night and got rolled over with this dude just running around hurricane and steel tornado one shotting everythibg. I have to carefully line up mobs in a line and punc sweep things a dozen times

You can't.

>mfw I am that guy thrashing everything in my path

When does skelefest end?

>used harlequin motif on the wrong character

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/300030/update-on-witches-festival-achievements-for-pc
>we’ll be extending the Witches Festival for PC/Mac players by one week so you can complete these achievements, and the event will now end on Tuesday, November 8 at 9:00am ET.

So just bought the game and a subscription.

What am I in for?
Which Alliance for the Veeky Forums NA PC Guild ?

alliance dont matter

So I can be any race I want and then pick an Alliance?

if you have explorer's pack, then sure

If she's mixed race.

Why don't people read the OP?

Pick DC

He might have both threads open, I know I poke me head into /tesg/ now and then to see what's up with SE from the people who have abandoned their modded normal Skyrim to explore Bethesda's improvements.

Is there any excuse for not having endgame gear? Craftable gear is ALWAYS good in endgame and normal trials are easy as fuck
Can't fathom people doing less than 20k dps in dungeons, unless they just plain suck

but craftable gear is endgame gear too

that's my point numbnuts
crafted gear requires just a bit of grinding, you don't even need to fight things to get it, and you can just get your group to carry you in trials

>Can't fathom people doing less than 20k dps in dungeons, unless they just plain suck

I mean there are people with 300cp+ that queue for dungeons as DPS then go in and light attack spam with bows.

A huge percentage of people either don't animation cancel properly, or at all, or don't even know animation cancelling exists.

There's so many casuals in this game, you'd be surprised how bad a lot of the player base is. Even with gold BIS gear, half of these retards wouldn't be able to get 10k+ DPS.

redpill me on animation cancelling, I don't really dungeon because my friends never play and I have no idea what that is. I assume it has something to do with cutting off superfluous post-damage anims, or can you cancel long cast animations like with dark crystal to hit immediately?

ETU, the only things that I can sell from raids now are the motif stones, though. Still, I do raid a lot, and it's a decent chunk of gold selling it off.

>Can't fathom people doing less than 20k dps in dungeons
Really? Say you do 15k normally, with a shitty tank and healer you will easily end up with just 5k due to tank always backing away from the boss and the healer only being a dps who have breath of life slotted.

It's in ESO so yea.

Were the shoulder pads always fucked up like that for that animation, or did Zenimax fuck shit up?

The only important animation cancel (if you can call it that) is light weaving. Easily a free 5K+ DPS, for Magicka at least. A little less for Stamina classes.

yes, light weaving... of course.

No, you can't shorten channelling attacks with animation cancelling, but you can shorten attacks with a long animation, such as wall of element. Light attack, wall of element, and half a secound later use block will make you use the attack without finishing the animation since guarding have priority over everything else.
>Redpill me
You mean "Wrobel me"

He's clearly standing near an anchor and his shoulder pads are about to enter Coldharbor, nothing wrong here folks.

How do I target some heals in this game? Like Mutagen, feels like it just randomly picks targets. Even when the tank fell low it didn't want to target him in some cases.

Breath of Life prioritize the ones with the lowest health, Twilight prioritize you and in case you have full health it goes after the ones with the lowest health. I don't know how the fuck Mutagen prioritize. I think it prioritize the ones without mutagen but it seems to be broken so say you only have 2 sec left while someone else have 10, it may randomly go and cast it on the one with 10 sec left because lolrandom.

r8

Honestly if you had a beard I think it would look great, as-is though, a little too throwaway background buccaneer extra in a movie for me. You look like cannon fodder. If that's what you were after then spot-on job.

I was going for "blend into background" ordinary, so I guess that works.

yeah you look very 'Anvil NPC' so congrats on that then.

Success. A beard would turn your character into too much of a hardass for that.

Had a good dose of ' 'smart heal' ' yesterday, I casted Rapid-Regen around 15 times (in a row) and every single cast went to me and the 2 DPS (at full health, not being attacked) instead of the tank who was at 50%

So it seems like it prioritizes health with absolutely no regard for max health or recent damage taken

What armor traits are worth keeping?
I've been farming public dungeons and world bosses for days trying to put together some really nice sets and I have a bank full of set pieces. I'm not in a trading guild, so selling the stuff is time consuming and I need to empty my bank so I have room for more.
I've been keeping the divines, infused and impen pieces. What others should I be keeping? Sturdy seems like it might be useful for tanking,

is it a good idea to put skill points into both heavy and medium armor as a nightblade if I plan on doing pvp?

it's a good idea only if you actually use both heavy and medium armor. and some passives require 5+ pieces of a type equipped to be active, so keep that in mind.

>still no fix for wrothgar surveys
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>stormreeve neidir
fuck this bitch, this is worse than lord warden

She's in TESOG NA's book of grudges.

It just feels like she's way harder than most Vet dungeon final bosses
Most of her abilities will straight up one-shot a healer and the fucking clouds moving around dealing damage and staggering you just at the same time as she decides to throw a lightning bolt just makes it literal artificial difficulty

Now try doing the same with 300 ping
Shit is pure luck when it comes to a sustained battle

>first, maybe second big kill for the brotherhood
>the Sermonizer
>be top notch sneaky, creep up and eliminate my way through
>don't even kill most of the guards but just ghost past
>scripted event where you get caught in the open
>sermonizer runs for it
>area ends with a boss fight against like 5 or more fortified enemies
>two with the anti-stealth fields, can't even sneak up behind boss and blade of woe
>manage to kill one of the anti-stealths before dying and res
>the lanternfag rezzes as well
what the fuck, I'm an assassin, I can't handle this shit. am I supposed to bring a 'stealthy' group of five this far without getting spotted just so I can take on the last phase? what kind of assassin is expected to face down greater numbers in open combat?

where do people get those pumpkin/scarecrow masks?

Anyone here Sap Tank?
Ive just started one
What do you recommend for a build