What does Veeky Forums think of this?

what does Veeky Forums think of this?

Used in fake Craigslist ads frequently

Don't care.

Don't know the origins behind it or if it is actually a real car that Shelby made all i know is that i saw it in "Gone in Sixty Seconds" and fucking loved it. although i heard it was just a bodykit for a GT500 known as "Eleaner" and didn't offer any performance benefit.

It looks weird for some reason. I like normal mustangs better.

Shite, I'd rather take a mustang ii, swap a V10 and actually make it look good
The FOOSE IS LOOSE

>Ford
Terrible
>Shelby
Why, Shelby, why?

Ugly piece of shite with those modern bumpers and skirts thrown on a classic car. Chrome bumper deletes are alright on successful classic race cars, but it's not, it's a movie and show queen.

back to

It's a good way to make 67-68 mustangs ugly. It's also a way to drive up the price of those mustangs even more because "YOU CAN MAKE AN ELANOR."

I hate that bodykit. As said, 67-68 are great as they are and this kit is ugly. A proper standard GT500 should have been in the movie and it would have been better.

(Does anyone know what car is the "eleanor" in the original Gone In Sixty Seconds? I haven't watched it yet)

It's just a regular mustang

I'm sure you think of shelby as just some car builder.
He was a driver, he won Le Mans almost 60 years ago.
He was also a part of the GT40 project after the first 2 years of the program were failures.

If you think Ford is terrible, then explain their success in virtually every racing class, popularity across the globe.
Or how about they were financially smart enough to stay in business without the governments help while GM and Chrysler groveled in front of congress, begging for billions of dollars.

ugly riced out Mustang

I hate the 71-73 Mustangs but even the original Eleanor is better

too bad that thing is shit

they used what has to be the worst V10 they could

Shelby = overrated and overpriced
Ford makes literally everything and has branches across the globe doesnt make them good

Ford got 6 billion from the gvt before GM or Chrysler ever did

stupid shiy movie meme car on the tier of the bttf delorean.

My friend saw one irl and he was like 'hurr an eluhnor" and i said no it's just a bodykit on a late first gen fastback stang and he swore this shit was an actual trim package named eleanor or some shit

>overrated
>from someone who's never driven a super snake.
I have driven them, quite a few actually.
I had a shitty job, for a shitty employer- but we had some cool contracts and dealt with a lot of high end cars.
YOU consider them overrated.
The rest of the world is I pressed with them.

Post a list of all production cars that hit .98g's on the skid pad.

Ford took a loan, backed by assets, and they payed it off, with interest.

GM and Chrysler begged for a handout.
$24 billion dollars worth (of the $80+ billion) they never had to pay back.

>that ricer looking, plastic body kit on a classic mustang
I can't find this attractive

>The rest of the world is I pressed with them.

yeah if you just look at sheets of paper lol
its a childish car with high hp

>Post a list of all production cars that hit .98g's on the skid pad.

not impressive

give anything wide sticky tires and it can do it

don't care at all about the movie, but I'd put my dick in that

>give anything wide sticky tires and it can do it.

You must be 18 to post on this site.

Ive seen 20 year old ff Hondas pull 1g

not impressive

>aventadors hit 1.05g's
>20 year old ff Honda hits 1.00g's

God you're an idiot.

'73 (I think) Mach 1. The stories behind the movie and the people who made it are much better than the movie itself.

Boomer's wet dream

Original is better.

>assmad fordfangirl
never though of him a carbuilder btw.
I also like how you assmad ford fangirls use the argument "GM HAD TO BAILOUT MILLIONS FROM THE GOVT."
let me remind you that Ford had to bailout over 5 million dollars, long before GM had to, so stay BTFO

I don't understand the hate. It's looks pretty good. This jalopnik purist elitism crap is fake and gay. You're not cool because you hate on cars like this or wax poetic about your hot hatch. Snarky shit. chill out

It looks awful and spawned several ruined Mustangs while raising the price of fastbacks.

No, jackass pedo boomers artificially inflated those prices. Beauty is subjective I guess but don't blame a car for the work of your elders.

in no uncertain terms is that in any way better than a '60s Mustang

Sexy as, especially in the metal. Used to be my favourite car, not anymore but it's still up there.

What goes into building one is pretty interesting.

>The fuel filler on the C pillar and the side exit exhausts were fake on the movie cars. The only ones that were functional was on Jerry Bruckheimer's personal car.
>The above are really tricky to put on the car due to the chassis not being built to have them, requires a fair bit of cutting to get them to fit
>The taillights were lifted off of a Mercury Cougar

Now that is a fucking beauty right there.

like a 10/10 girl with badly-done makeup

Do you have any Sauce with this assertion?
(There is no aggressivity, i'm geniuinely curious as i hadn't take the time to watch it yet but i'll probably do this weekend)

Sexy color scheme, fat face. Thanks Foose.

terrible plastic bodykit abomination hyped amongst people who don't know shit about cars.

Again.
>Ford took a corporate loan, and used property as collateral.
>Ford payed back the loan.

>GM took 80+ BILLION dollars.
>GM did NOT payback over 27 BILLION dollars.

Every U.S. citizen should own $85 in GM stock, since it was tax money given to them.

>never thought of Shelby as a car builder.
Then you're an idiot.
Pic related.