/mcg/ Minecraft General - Comfy Apples

Last thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/1269
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for fix your fucking code lex

>lex
>doing work
???

fair enough

>hobo down
>last thread died at 579 posts

>OP

in for gregtech

I miss the trannies.

I just copy-pasted the last one and made sure to change the "last thread" bit because no one had yet. I don't keep up with the news, personally.

Also I wanted to show off applesworth and didn't have something to go with "Nuclear Edition".

WRECKED

I've noticed lately that "Professional" /usually/ really means "just in it for the money"

I like you, OP. Applesworth a qt

Sadly, due to Hoboserv's nuclear status, Applesworth shall need to be revived elsewhere.

I shall rebuild him.

I'm currently playing the unabridged modpack, whats the first thing you guys like to do when starting a new world? I'm at a loss and just digging out an underground area for my base

I literally focus on finding Tin before I bother with anything other than a bed.

Both gregtech and TFC depend on it to progress

How can one sleep when there is work to be done?

>sleeping
>at night

Yeah, I agree with this guy.

Tin is handy for a lot of mods.

i'd fucking make a chisels and bits murel or stain glass window out of that pixel art

HOBO

DA

SERB

「SERB」
~SERB~
「SERB」

>it's halloween, so there's now halloween eastereggs in game
>have abyssalcraft installed
>game begins to crash after ~10 minutes of playing each time
>go to report crash to devs
>turns out I reported a duplicate issue
>the issue is that they goofed up putting pumpkins on their zombie2.0 mob and it crashes the whole game

What level of incompetence is this? Even mojang could do this right.

If I'm running singleplayer, is there a way to make the game think it's another time without changing my computer's clock? Last time I did that, I ran into issues with other programs and I don't want that again.

find a timewizard and suck his cock

shut the fuck up yow

So what's that about real train speed in Traincraft's config?

post spoopy

what biome mod should i use, if any?

just a heads up, using latest forge + 1.10 and xaero minimap + worldmap gives a massive memory leak

>serb roll back 24 hours
>serb lives

these things are maximum ass, they dont ignite upon touching sunlight and are fucking over my old gamemod pack

>doing fine
>all of a sudden the place gets hotter and hotter
>no matter how far I dig down a hole I will get super heat stroke and die of nausea, hunger and thirst at the same time
oh gods

glad you like it.

crash landing serb when

I can make it but its a fucking mess if people join/leave mid-server uptime.

god damn this shit is broken
>only way to survive is to dehydrate yourself to keep yourself cold
for what reason

I am a beginner to tech mods
Which ones should i use?
Also i don't have to slightest idea of how any of them work
Is it that hard to learn?

I do know that i want to use matter overdrive so i can be a robo-man, and Galactacraft so i can go to the moon
Are they any good or what?

Every time I walk past, I get shot by a skelleyman

Also I need to keep an eye on it because creepers like to spawn in here and they've griffed my rail line more than once

I would also like an answer to this

Currently going through:
>Industrycraft 2: decent, though the textures suck and it's getting pretty hard to do anything late game without building a potentially explode everything reactor
>Immersive engineering: hell of a lot better models+book that is somewhat useful. But man is this iron/steel hungry
>Thermal Dynamics: The first guide I found online had a bunch of out of date recipies and I haven't used anything but the basic generator yet
>EnderIO: jesus fuck me christ what is this
>Applied energystics: Apparently you're suppose to find a charged crystal to start working with this. Three stacks of normal crystals, no charged ones.

After you get a small handful of charge crystals you can start turning normal ones into charged crystals which helps

holy shit

>start hardcore world
>build starting base
>get caught up in asthetics
>Lose desire to continue without having a nice looking base

Fuck me. Either I should give up with aesthetics so i don't get distracted or start a new world.

Who here /2b2t/

What does the base look like

It's just my bunker, an underground area with another bunker/cliffside exit to a forest. A second entrance that's really not too far away. I just like having multiple exits

That's a pretty good idea

What really fucks me over is that I like making sure the aesthetics look good but sometime I think too far ahead and things start to become too impractical. on one hand i'm on a hardcore world, on the other hand I don't want anything looking like shit.

How does this image make you feel, /mcg/?

I've been out of the loop for a long time and want to be back into things with a large amount of magic mods, is thaumcraft still big and are its addons for it all updated to the current version (5 I think) like automagy, forbidden magic, etc.

>the fucking majority of all minecraft sales have been to consolebabbies/mobile casuals

this is depressing

Good

Let java edition die along with mods so that I'm free of this autism.

Honestly, I don't know if this is even a fair metric
>I can either buy the 30 dollar pc version
>or the 6 dollar mobile version

I mean, I understand that some regions just don't have the ability to actually play the Java version, but still.
Oh yeah, that too.

As if you couldn't see this coming, Curse and Slowprick lied about developing a Linux client.

Why do people still listen to that fucking drunk? Time and time and time again, he's been proven to be nothing but a liar who wants to make a quick buck, why does his word still have value?

Unless Slowpoke has been lied to as well. Keep in mind Curse's agreement with FTB states in writing that before FTB's old launcher is axed, feature parity must be achieved - and that includes Linux support.

>do some kind of bee only skyblock shit
>tutorial
>'okay that's nice of them'
>get 256 stone for 6 bee quest tutorials with no ability to get ingots or shit beforehand
what the fuck

Or, of course, this could be an intern/PR manager speaking out on something they have no actual information on.

What we do know is that the CurseVoice client has recently been rewritten for higher portability - during the OS X port, in fact. There's a lot less stopping them from going Linux now.

github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/1269
Oh cool.

How the fuck do I get my blast furnace to 1150c?

At y5 it's merely 687c.

Please respond

>pocket edition/windows 10
fucking cancer

>finally get okay-tier at crash landing
>get fucked by little spiders to the point where my food starts using itself to regen
>die of hunger because zombies are too fucking smart to go into my grind hole
son of a bitch

IC2: is a ton of micro crafting and has incredibly high powered end game.
Applied Energistics: Just keep fucking searching, you'll find them eventually.
Just get Buildcraft and Minefactory reloaded or hop on one of the servers that have the shit. Hobo probs has them and Whatsit has i BC, IC2, AE2, and Thermal Dynamics(Still not sure what this shit does though)

IC2 is king tech mod. It got quite gregified in the last year or so, though
ALL other tech mods are redundant as fuck and only offer meme features to same ends.

Mods that play well with IC2 are buildcraft and its addons (LOGISTICS PIPES!), Forestry and addons, Railcraft, AE2 and a few others
Gregtech is a total overhaul and depending on your autism its either shit or GOAT

No tech mods apart from gregtech are hard.

Galacticraft is hella fun with gregtech and the stargates mod.

Is... is hobo dead? I've never played on it but I just wonder what the status of the glorious thing I hear about.

is there a mod that allows me to "tame" or ride any mob from any mod?

exactly any? not that i know of.
thaumic horizons lets you tame any non undead, non, slime (and usually non flying) mob, and by tame i mean give it the wolf AI (they still keep their weapons)

else, you can use customNPCs to make followers with the appearance of any mob

>Industrycraft 2
All tech mod mechanics are derivatives of this one. At some point, they branch off. IC2 got influenced by gregtech.
>Immersive engineering
Not really capable of sustaining itself on its own as a tech mod, best paired with something like buildcraft and railcraft
>having trouble with EIO
Seriously? It's literally sag mill + alloy smelter. The rest of the stuff is either cool shit to fuck with, powergen, or crafting steps.
>The thermal suite
Despite IC2 being the "father" of sorts of all modern tech mods, the thermal suite takes the seat of "most vanilla tech mod".
Many new players pick it up, but many people dislike it for being boring as shit.
>Applied energistics
Technically it's a tech mod because it has a few features now to make it on its own, but it's actually just an easy mass storage and logistics solution. Not a tech mod.
>Gregtech
The longest, most microcrafty, most complex tech mod out there. Only for true autists or masochists.
>Mekanism
Has a heavy focus on ore processing. After a certain point gets extremely mechanically complicated

hoboserb is back, there was a rollback
JOIN

Slowprick is half retarded in the first place, but he's also money greedy. So either he's too stupid to see that they're lying to him, or he's lying through his teeth to everyone.

Either way, this is still partially his fault.

notion learned:
giant zombies can smash you in the face trough doors

reminder that slowprick is a guy whose first response to having his people unceremoniously canned by curse was to "reassure" everyone he was still committed to sucking curse's dick.

Made the Celric. next is just bringing the scene together.

*Resized

What are these for user-kun

CirclejerkMcJty has clarified this for us. Obviously Curse just misspoke, that's all!

I literally cannot stop dying
1 day before I died to thirst

where are your shears

>you can turn leaves into water
FUCK
I was constantly making saplings into dirt and then doing dirty water > clean water

i won't tell you what all you can do with that pyrotheum, but it's good stuff

For a request a user on the last thread wanted

How many TC4 addons is too many?

Im request user, both look really amazing and the style is both cool AND nice. Thanks for working on it user you the greatest.

you can never have enough of what it requires to summon our dark overlord

What do you think?

I've taken over in the development of this old project.
Halloween is a good day to start bringing the spooky, I guess.

What are the best mods to guarantee a horror minecraft gameplay in a bigass linear castle?

I can scale it up a bit if you would like

I like it user, I can dig it. But if you could make them closer it would be nice

not as many as it takes to make it good.

captcha: CALLE of Rubbish
call of rubbish? sounds right for thaumcrapt these days.

Guys...

why was 1.11 such a letdown?

Its not even offiicially out yet but i think this update it what will kill Minecraft. Nobody will want to play this shit game anymore since theres nothing cool being added anymore. Notch added more in a couple of weeks than what we got in the last two years desu

>Add Zelda-like items and elements.

>Add A FUCKTON of interesting spells.

>Make it so it's easy to create and edit new mobs and add or remove said spells. Make it so there are certain items that grant you new abilities, but they're hard as hell to get or core hardmodedungeon chests.

Boom. Combat's fun.

>Make it so Other players can select and upload their creations to one main minecraft server and tag it as "dungeon, castle, town, player home, boss area..."
>Make it so if you play online it may automatically generate those structures.

At the very least we'd have good dungeon maker.

Minecraft was on life support in 1.7 and died at 1.8. 1.9 was the cremator sucking out the fluids, 1.10 was filling it with padding, and 1.11 will be the makeup and clothes to finish the job of making the corpse presentable.

Lots of refactoring and engine side work, but still
>only 4 devs for a billion dollar company
and no 1.8.9 officially killed minecraft

>>Add Zelda-like items and elements.

yeah man fucking this

>Trolls that spawn inside of caves that turn into cleanstone when sunlight hits them
>Goblins that live in underground fortresses that can be used for farming, mining, whatever if you pay them some gold nuggets (this would also be a good use for gold since there arent that many things you can do with it right now)
>make villages look like actual villages, maybe even make a variation of a village thats just a castle with a moat around it
>Dragons in the overworld (just use the enderdragon model and reskin it)
>actual spells and a mana system
>Mammoths in colder biomes (i got this one from Skyrim)
>More mob-variations like Husk and Stray

i literally came up with these as i was typing and the best idea the fucks at mojang got is "Woodland Mansions"? Wtf

also i could keep writing ideas but i have to shit pretty hard now so i had to stop

All these ideas are great and could be a lot of fun.
I'd also add a simple quest system and a "director mode" where there's a DM who can add and control creeps, bosses and villains and speak for them. This plus the ability system I mentioned earlier would make A LOT of things happen in adventure maps.
Sadly there's no way to implement them.

Also what's with the newest versions sucking 80% CPU? I haven't played in at least a year, but it used to run smoothly.

>vanillafags try and improve a sandbox game whose primary potential is in mutability, flexibility of purpose, and in the case of the java version, moddability
>turn it into a boring rpg instead of leaving it open ended
You can make an complete rpg with vanilla command blocks.
What the game fucking needs is proper mod tools, optimization. and them to not change backend shit EVERY SINGLE UPDATE. Not happening, but still.
No changes to the base game. No shitty features that kill the purposelessness of minecraft. It needs to be made into a blank canvas.

>proper mod tools, optimization. and them to not change backend shit EVERY SINGLE UPDATE.
This is correct, but with the way mods are implemented and all that LAG I doubt we'll ever have it. Been 3 years without playing. Did they ever implement spikeblocks?