/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, October 31:
475 – Romulus Augustulus is proclaimed Western Roman Emperor.
683 – During the Siege of Mecca, the Kaaba catches fire and is burned down.
1517 – Martin Luther is a faggot
1861 – American Civil War: Citing failing health, Union General Winfield Scott resigns as Commander of the United States Army.
1940 – World War II: The Battle of Britain ends: The United Kingdom prevents a possible German invasion.

>News
EU4 Rights of Man and patch released. Search Veeky Forums's archive with archivebro's trip for links.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/western-europe-410-962-the-winter-king
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/western-europe-410-962-the-winter-king.783011/page-178#post-22030378
youtu.be/_OJrDvx8C-8?list=PLH-huzMEgGWBIhufR-F03CzqKP1M_pitA
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-reminder-regarding-the-use-of-kebab-as-a-slur.978145/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NOOOOOOOOOOO

based and spooky

holy shit wo man

Based

a little spooked over here laddos boyos m8s

>stalin was so close to joining the axis
>ywn live in this timeline

based

is the eu4 AI border fort maintenance cheat still active with patch 1.17.1/current patch?

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Yes and AI cheats on zone of control and attrition.

4 infantry or 2 cav are better than a fort.

>that one couple of discord autists who always report R&I multiple times
Pathetic.

Janny?

>tfw no GrossGermaniums in my lifelime

Is it possible to pirate the dlcs of the steam version of EUIV lads?

yes

meh, planned on getting mare nostrum during the sale because I want to have the new province changes, but I'm going to stick with 15.1 for now due to everything after 16.1 being fucked.

if i wanted to play a game where the AI is allowed to have unfair balance due to poor coding, I would play a civ game

So, i just extract the dlc files into the game folder? Can i play the game online with pirated dlcs?

Paradox Interactive

>1517 – Martin Luther is a faggot
what did he mean by this

it's reformation day

extra spooky for catholics

I'm not sure

>zone of control
false
>and attrition
only if it's units from different countries stacked on each other
so no

you sound like a whiny shitter

I'm glad to announce that the latest version of the CK2 mod ''Western Europe 410-962 - The Winter King'', version 1.4.1, has finally been released! This release solves many bugs which have been around since the latest release, as well as a huge new character name list for the Gallo-Romans (look it up in the files, it is gargantuan), and some smaller fixes for Roman players desiring to conquer Ireland and Scotland (or Hibernia and Caledonia, if you prefer the Emperor's Latin).

Here is a link to our Mod DB page: moddb.com/mods/western-europe-410-962-the-winter-king

Link to our post on the Paradox Forums: forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/western-europe-410-962-the-winter-king.783011/page-178#post-22030378

ok

sorry laddie, we only play reddit approved mods like HIP and HPM

>Playing HIP
just download CK2+ my friend

fuck off back to your discord group attentionwhore

Is there any essential mods for Darkest Hour or vanilla is okay?

vanilla is fine

>Russia is the last Orthodox nation
>Italy and France are Protestant
Spoopy

>false
youtu.be/_OJrDvx8C-8?list=PLH-huzMEgGWBIhufR-F03CzqKP1M_pitA

Watch the last 3 minutes of this video.

As for attrition I have played to many hours and watched AI 50k stacks eat 5% attrition for years in deserts and severe winters to care about your retardation. Kill yourself.

>tfw you look back to older threads in archive and realize how much the quality has dropped

Rate my BELIEVABLE WORLDS.

Also Veeky Forums is spooky right now.

I don't want to play a game where the AI is given inherent advantages in lieu of a proper fix.

one of the major attempts of the game is realism, and this effort is negated by things like this being auto-enabled.

Every board I am using has gone to shit.
I do not even want to compare them to what they were before.

Actually beliveable/10

Bullshit, /gsg/ has always been shit.

Anyone wanna play EU4 multiplayer?

Should I try and create Mosley's dream in HPM? A Corporate State in charge of Britain?

That's a common phenomena through Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums in general.

There was an influx of newcomers, mainly teenagers, who come to Veeky Forums just to shitpost. Which is killing the place, literally. Our eternal september.

This
Veeky Forums is going through yet another population exchange.
This edit of Johan's wikipedia page was done late 2015 IIRC and everyone who contributed to it with anything probably left us within the last 10 months.

Nah, its over protective "oldfags" that spam the thread in an attempt to protect it from intruders

Victoria 3 when?

The people who did this edit are the newfags. We never raided wikipedia before 2015, and "we" didn't do that since it was the same group of people killing Veeky Forums that did this.

r8

never

Q3 2017 or something
Johan posted about it on his twitter

How about instead of shitposting how the thread is shit you make some good content

Is the guy with the temporal archive uploads around?

I want to save a copy of the full thing as it was before on my PC for posterity, so that I may also become a temporary mirror-bro. Maybe make a torrent to make it easier, too.

>We never raided wikipedia before 2015
We started it in August 2014.
You have no rights to use "we" to refer to pre-2015 /gsg/ if you weren't here before 2015.

>"Ad hominem is a logical fallacy in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself."

Lack of an actual reply indicates you agree with this point on some level. No need to reply with more proof of your sentiment

eat all of France and then form The Netherlands

Name one game with as much to manage in assets that achieves this level of AI to your satisfaction. CAN YOU?
Just one, so we know what you are thinking of when you say the AI is shit. Surely you have a game with an exampl,e of AI that isn't shit withion this genre? So name it.

When i went to school, they asked me what i wanted to be when i grew up. I wrote down "Deus Vult". They told me that i didnt understand the assignment, i told them they didnt understand Gods will."
t.reddit

>independent albania
what?

Age of Empires 2 had a pretty good AI, and addition advantages werent really added to the enemy to make it harder
Instead the AI was faster, more agressive and didnt waste any resources

AoE or any RTS has nowhere near as many assets to juggle, and the main thing they do is rush production and zerg into you.
Any gs game whose AI you think is good, then? No?

Please tell me how do you form Jerusalem?
I barely survive as the Knights.

starcraft 2

The best part of edit history is how Podcat edited some of them back just after one minute

Want to know how I know you shouldn't be here?

holy shit lads what happened to r&i i'm fucking spooked save me lads

I formed it as Catholic Germany, occupied turkey and ceded as much provinces as possible to them

But i did play as the Knights once, just wait for the turks to invade egypt and declare war on them
Also, try to ally Turkey and annex Cyprus

Never stated in any form that I don't like eu4's AI... this conversation started from asking if fort mechanics used to "fix" the AI were removed yet. That's literally the only thing I've stated about eu4's AI in this whole discussion.

There doesn't need to be a fix for the AI not using forts properly because it usually doesn't drastically affect gameplay, but there shouldn't be unfair advantages like zero maintenance border forts given to AI countries only to "fix" the problem. A fair solution is necessary if a solution is implemented

saying that eu4 and ck2 for example has bad ai is not wrong but it's unfair
how could they possibly make the ai better than a human? they simply can't. at least gsg ai is superior to the joke that is civ ai, you can still sometimes fuck up against ai in gsg by taking on more enemies than you should or getting unlucky, while in civ you win by default unless the ai starts with literally a dozen troops, three cities, and advances in everything at 2x the speed

Wikipedia editing is new but holy shit did you find out about /gsg/ a month ago or what

>2014
>barely months before 2015
I'm since since the /v/ days and no, we never did this shit. You are the new fag and you are part of the cancer.

R&I is the biggerst shitposter here
He derails the thread everytime, deletes mods, got the archive removed, and by defending grandi he basicly invited all the redditors here
Man, R&I really should kill himself

Suggestion for HPM: Rename reactionary to traditionalist, reactionary is redspeak

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

That funny picture wont get us the archive back
Nor Liangmod

R&I unironically believes himself to be some sort of hero, and that everyone against him is a member of some outside group. He's not leaving until the day /gsg/ dies.

HPM is a degenerate pinko tho

Gott strafe Janny

>he deleted the archive
That was YOUR lads.
>muh liangmod
Archivelad is NOT the same lad, plus nobody played Liangmod anyway and the people who did already had it. It fucking crashed when you went to release nations.

>replying to shitposters
You know that's the wrong thing to do.

t.R&I
Go eat Grandis ass and take a bullet

Agreed, also he is a spammer himself which means he is the biggest shitposter of all.

t.R&I
Go eat Grandis ass and take a bullet

Maks your own fucking thread if it botherz you that much. The fact is whenever you so that everybody uses this thread, you don't speak on behalf of anyone, you're shitters.

See and , here he goes again implying that the person he's replying to is a member of the discord group, despite not having any proof.

Also, he replies to every critique about r&i, HPM etc, and always talks in third person thinking that he is so smug
Fucking sick of it, if he really was "Report and Ignore" fag, he would simply report the post, and ignore it by not replying
But no, he has to shitpost, he has to derail the thread every single time

Guess we can add Kebab to the rapidly growing list of 'racist memes'

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-reminder-regarding-the-use-of-kebab-as-a-slur.978145/

Yea, look at yesterday's thread
unhpm posted one of his maps and he got into a 40+ reply argument with him over litteraly nothing
And than complains that the thread is dead

First alt-right frogs, now discriminatory foodstuffs. Is there no end to the list of shoahs?

Thanks, friend. I'm thinking about doing a repost in the next thread especially for you!

Wasn't this a subject on r/paradoxplaza too? I remember memeing about this months ago

despite living in scandinavia where kebab has spread like wildfire i've never eaten any kebab
can definitely confirm that they bring a lot of kebab with them though, so if you remove kebab you will remove them

I dunno man, it was linked in a stream just now.

I live in Turkey and I last ate it years ago. It's not really cheap

when will they realize being the no fun side is losing the youth to the right ?

There are two kinds of kebab, proper kebab which is meat on skewers cooked over a grill and then slices of lamb in pita, the former is expensive but the latter is really cheap.

You can make it yourself, it is very easy and you can make the pork version which is infinetly superior to the all other version.