/nintyg/-Nintendo General: 50 dollar amiibo edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /lozg/

>Important News
「!」Official Nintendo Switch presentation set for Jan 12th: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/791455799302246400
「!」Introducing the Nintendo Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
「!」Nintendo reveals sampling of third party support for the Switch: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/789155375526260736
「!」New Super Mario game revealed for the Switch: ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/new-super-mario-game-revealed-for-nintendo-switch
「!」Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 enhanced ports/new entries teased for the Switch: ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/whats-new-in-splatoon-and-mario-kart-for-nintendo-switch
「!」Discover the Final Evolutions of the starters in Sun/Moon!: youtube.com/watch?v=5uWAMwcRGmU
「!」New Pokken Tournament fighter to be revealed on Nov 1st: gematsu.com/2016/10/pokken-tournament-arcade-reveal-new-playable-pokemon-november-1

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/3GsWMgiU
Wii U - pastebin.com/n98NZg13

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

smbnext.rf.gd
nintendoeverything.com/animal-crossing-mini-direct-times-set-japan-version-will-include-miitopia-info/
nintendoeverything.com/?p=452416
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks

Also holy shit 4chanX who thought a white background for the replies was a good idea

Dead. Also i want that amiibo.

But we already have a Wario amiibo

Somebody once told me

not him but the wario amiibo out there (the smash one) is the biker outfit from warioware
I can see where Gor is coming from wanting an overalls wearing wario amiibo

only you J

Captcha's working now but the site loaded like shit. Might just go mobilefag to get around it.

Hi guys. My brother just gave me his wii u. Do any of you have a game recommendation chart pic or link?

yeah, here are all the games worth playing

'mamma mia this will never be finished

strange question, can you start wind waker's new game plus mode from an already pajama mode file?

Thank you

Dumb question, google failed me:

I am upgrading from o3DS to N3DSXL, and I want to use the SD card transfer method since I have more than 4GB of data anyways.
I already have a 16GB microSD in my old system, and all the guides I found said I just need to pop it in the new system, but that seems like it's missing a step. Do I need to do the system transfer first, and only then switch SD cards, or does the SD card already have my Nintendo ID data and everything?

Also, extra question: Does Streetpass Garden data and Play Coins get transferred?

>Also, extra question: Does Streetpass Garden data and Play Coins get transferred?
if you do a system transfer yeah

So I do need to do a system transfer before switching SD cards?

i dont know, sorry, but Nintendo had a few guides on how to do transfers with a new SD

Like I said, they weren't very clear on the subject.

I don't have the system yet, so hopefully that transfer menu will have better instructions

fuck

>tfw Jumpy will never love you

That pic is too good but it's not really related to the game.

you better lose yourself in the music the moment you own it

something something thread is gonna die overnight anyways

>Noitu Love
>Futuridium EP Deluxe [N3DS]
>River City Tokyo Rumble (Is it worth the $30?, apparently it's really short)

>Dasshutsu Adventure Zetsubou Yousai [JP]

>not coming up with the thing to call us
I am sad.

To be fair I only do that when I post new versions.

Same

Any good Nintendo games to play for Halloween?

Luigi's Mansion

This.

Tbh this new wave of too statues is the one I've wanted the most. It has all the obscure characters that Nintendo doesn't care about. Plus the Diddy and DK look gr8.

I think the problem with /nintyg/ is the same problem /wug/ had, that if I want to discuss a game there are dedicated generals to discuss it in. (splatoon, animal crossing, smash bros and fire emblem generals etc)

When the switch comes out Mario games and Mario kart general will no doubt return taking the discussion for Super Mario Switch and Mario Kart 9, ink will take Splatoon 2 discussion, project sonic will be discussed in the sonic general, dragon quest xi will be discussed in the jrpg general, skyrim in the tes general etc etc.

I don't really have a solution to this problem but it's just something I've observed.

Well there's always the games that don't have generals, and who is gonna discuss Mario on the MK general?

The MK General eventually evolved into "all Mario spin-offs" (like Golf/Tennis etc), then into other mainstream Mario games.

How long until third party gamepads get made?

Never

I don't understand this gif

A female eceleb called Dodger masturbated on stream when she thought the camera was off.

Well at least that's better than DSP's.

>google her to try and find vid of this
>find her Bulma collection vid instead
Nice.

Where are you guys going to go after the server gets deleted?

/v/? L/eddit? SonyGAF?

Probably Twitter + Discord.

>tfw

is it too late now to say sorry?

It's too late to apologise

it's too laaaaaaaaate

when the fuck are tjey going to showw the nx im tired of waiting

Would you believe me if I said the NX is actually a hybrid console?

How does this thread keep dying prematurely? I'm sure it's not reaching its limit often yet threads get archived quickly.

That won't happen.

Tbqh, we don't need thirty gens. I have thought of making a Harvest Moon General and a Mario General but it seems moot.

Zelda General only lasted a few weeks and that wasn't because it was unpopular. It was just crappy. I couldn't get discussions in; it's probably easier on a Zelda forum.

Any Animal Crossing bar Wild World.

>How does this thread keep dying prematurely? I'm sure it's not reaching its limit often yet threads get archived quickly.

People not posting at night, it's the /nintyg/ cycle.

Where are the Eurobros at North American night? Also, I didn't know Veeky Forums was so quick that threads could get archived in under 10 hours of a new post.

what does that mean o.O

The average for 8-12 PM in the US is death in 90 minutes, at night, like 3 hours. Euromen are weird.

I live in Europe but I have irregular sleep patterns so I don't really matter.

Because all the shitposters the merger with Wii U general brought killed any hope of legitimate discussion. Add the fact that many generals have their own separate threads and it's no wonder no-one wants to come to this shitty general.
It's better off killing the entire thing and letting it die for good.

Anyone wants to play Smash 3ds?

Fuck missed the sexts.

Weren't you talking about activity a while ago? Well do something too.

ok

i just missed 3 threads

Did you mean this nine?

what the fuck i bet this is all the spooky skeletons fault

Wait, does this mean the t-b-h filter has been here for a whole year?

Yeah desu

how time flies

Gotham is amazing.

Wow, someone finally released a New Super Mario Bros. 2 mod
smbnext.rf.gd

I hate you, Jack.

I should replay this.

do most people play competitive pokemon on pokemon showdown or the actual games?

Animal Crossing mini-Direct announced for tomorrow, plus info on Miitopia in the Japanese broadcast

nintendoeverything.com/animal-crossing-mini-direct-times-set-japan-version-will-include-miitopia-info/

>Four rewards taken off My Nintendo (including two digital game downloads).
>Literally nothing put up, not even a shitty discount.
Amazing, despite my lowered expectations, they still managed to disappoint me.

Here's a pity bump from /ps4g/

Dragon Quest XI details are coming on December 29th, who's hype?

Me, I want a Switch ver though

Anyone gonna try to import those hello kitty animal crossing cards?

nintendoeverything.com/?p=452416

>Croagunk
Ooh mamma mia

What should I play on my WiiU today?

Smash but For Fun

I love Croagunk though.

I like Sonichu better

ETA till Animal Crossing stream?

Should I get Sun or Moon?

Moon is the thinking man choice.

I do like the Werewolf 'mon but it kinda weirds me out that Sun run on a natural 3DS clock, but Moon isn't.

>people want Melee HD
lol

Not to mention /ink/ at least doesn't want to come here because a very dedicated troll tried to force a merger. I wouldn't be surprised if he soured other gens on this thread too

>People not posting at night
Oh no, we will no longer be informed on your dick status, gor's purchases or whether it is mamma or mia.

3DS gen had more shitposters than Wii U.

This. But it's the narrative that /3dsg/ had no shitposters and the shitposters on /wug/ were too accepted.

>that time /wug/ unanimously agreed that wonderful 101 was the worst game of the year
Gives me fucking nightmares.

they'd invent some placebo effect about LCDs and CRTs input lag to not play it

I wish Sakurai would make a Wave Dash HD game with Final Destination and Polygon fighters of Fox and Marth so we never have to deal with Memelee/Project Meme ever again.

We don't have to deal with Project Melee anymore anyways.

>We don't have to deal with Project Melee anymore anyways.
That died so hard.

yokai watch is babbyshit

>eurogamer article saying multiple sources say Wii U console manufacturing ceases this Friday

Holy shit. If this is true, Breath of the Wild will be THE last game to release on it, if they even follow through with that.

I want to get a 3DS

Is the 2DS worth it? Or should I go for a refurb 3DS XL from the Nintendo store?

A system discontinuing before a major title release is a little disheartening...What the hell? When does that even happen?

I guess they stopped making PS3s?

>>I guess they stopped making PS3s?

PS3 games are still being published

>the PS3 outlived the Wii U

People still made sports games for the PS2 for about 6 years after PS3 came out, so that's not saying much.