Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eYpUmkYKZH0?t=170
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes and if you don't then why do you even drive a standard you fucking burger

No, I'm not a rallykar driver.

No, I would fail my driving test if I did

Who the fuck does this?

1/10 only cuz you got me to reply.

no, the left foot is only for the clutch.

Yes, I also teel-hoe brake with my clutch foot.

rate

Used to, my driving instructor failed me for doing so.

Only when I forget I'm in an auto.

better drivers than you

It's pretty common place, especially for auto trans, for new drivers to use both feet. I guess they see two pedals and assume.

The problem is that in a panic situation, you WILL press down both pedals.
No, fuck you, you will, shut up.

Although it isn't an issue with all the cuck cars now that have about 70ft-lbs and 4 wheel disk brakes.

It became habit after my first car.

It'd stall out whenever stopping at a stop sign. Replaced a bunch of vacuum lines and it went away.
>Clutch in & brake
>It'd die unless I gave her gas

Has benefited me quite a bit on the farm and other odd events as well.

Don't always left foot brake though. If I'm wheeling I'll left foot brake. If I'm backing up trailers I'll left foot brake.

ITT: we see who doesn't know shit about driving techniques

I only left foot brake when playing sims. No need to in my shitbox.

Only when I'm ripping sick burnouts

this cunt

>farm
>wheeling
>owned vehicle that died unless you rested foot on gas at light

are you me

how does that apply to everyday life? fucking retard

ive tried just to see, and i find that i put too much pressure on the brake when I use my left foot

stay slow, retard

Only when I'm enjoying a backroad or something. Braking anywhere else typically means you're coming to a stop and will therefore need that foot to work the clutch instead.

If you have access to an auto car you can train your left foot by using both feet on the wider auto brake pedal. Put pressure with your right and follow with your left.

>bench racer the post

same

very occasionally, if I'm trying to get hektikk.
For normal city driving though, left foot stays on clutch (literally, traffic a shit) and right manages brake/gas.

that's the opposite of bench racing
bench racers put emphasis on car performance over driver
you need to get good at driving

If you left foot brake in an auto, you need to kill yourself you fucking piece of shit brake light always on having fagget.

Yea, once when I was go-kart riding. It was completely by accident because I've got long legs.

I spun out like a bitch.

This

You really are retarded. How would a quicker reaction not improve everyday driving.

Lol only retards do this.

For me it's right foot does strictly gas pedal only.
Left does both brake and clutch

Only when I right foot clutch.

if I was hotlapping an automatic car then yes

I can't into left foot braking in a manual though

is there anything wrong with doing it heel toe style ?

like in my car top left of foot on brake pedal, and top/middle right of foot on throttle. I can brake gently enough and accelerate smoothly like this. I've tried brake boosting like that as well which worked ok

left foot feels weird for me

Retarded thing to do if you are not in a race modified car on a track.
First of all, you have nothing to shave of in the city stagnated traffic, you can wear down your brakes and make your engine burn extra in between stops at the traffic lights but you still wont get faster anywhere.

Another thing is a matter of safety, during hard braking you would be pushed forward and without your left food providing any support, chances are you would push even harder on brakes unless you have 5point harness to keep your retarded ass in seat.

Without racing seat and harness left foot braking is not really a safe thing, you want keep your turbo spinning fast, try farting in a car or something.

>trying left foot braking for the first time

I never realized how much finesse my right foot had compared to the left until then.

I do in my old Cadillac because the brake pedal is like 7'' wide -- literally big enough to use both feet. Also because there's a quite a big difference in height between to the accelerator and brake.

Underrated comment

>try left foot braking in manual on an empty
>slam brakes without meaning to

In what fucking scenario would I want to decelerate yet accelerate at the same time? Is this some kind of joke?

Rev matching, heel-and-toegay, even the antiquated double clutching all make sense. But this? I've never even seen a rally driver do this. They have dogboxes for this kind of shit

If you want to keep revs up while braking into a corner. You see it all the time in kart racing.

So, is this a strictly automatic/non-manual transmissions technique? Because that would make more sense. There are many easier, safer ways to keep your revs up while braking in a manual

Depending on how widely spaced your gears are it can be desirable to do in a manual as well. Also referring back to your original post watch some rally footwork and I guarantee you'll see it for small chicanes and higher speed hairpins.

So when you hold still on a hill going up, how do you start?

Only when I'm on a steep uphill and the driver behind feels the need to almost touch bumpers. Fuck massachusetts drivers mang

How can you not left-foot brake on go karts?
Usually you have the steering column between the pedals and you would have to make a long and unnatural leg movement to brake with you right foot.

clutch brake or handbrake????????

daily reminder these are nothing but bait threads and even tsuchiya left foot brakes

I pull out on the clutch just till it starts to bog down then I let off the brake and gas it

Try using your right foot you cunt.

I left foot brake when driving autonor manual.

And since you're mostly little kids with no real world experience- police and highway patrols (along with other federal agency's) are trained to left foot brake in the U.S.

>he doesn't heel toe
Right toes on brake,
right heel on accelerator,
left foot on clutch.

Get your shit together.

>try left foot braking on wet like a retard
>lock up the wheels and skid a little bit and scare the jeebus out of some old ladies walking by

Only people with extra chromosomes use the left foot for the break. You see them all the time, tapping the break when going up hills. Unless you are purposefully ruining your tires, there is no need to ever hit your break and gas at the same time. If you cant achieve this, you do not need to be behind the wheel.

>slowing your car down with the brakes

fucking pleb

shifting the ballance of the car

See
Just because one uses his left foot to brake doesn't mean he's actively on the brake pedal at all times.

>being so slow he doesnt need to use brakes
Fucking casual

No, in everyday driving there's literally no reason to have your feet on the accelerator and the brake at the same time.

Driving manual in light traffic, I pride myself in almost never touching the brakes unless I've turned my engine off and only use gravity to accelerate my car on slopes.

So you use the handbrake?
Why not just use the pedal?
I find it much easier to use the right foot for holding the brake, then letting go of the clutch slowly until it begins to catch on.
Then I quickly switch my right foot from the brake to the speeder.
It is more convenient when I have to both turn the wheel and use the turn signal all at the same time.

Me too

>he uses brakes

HOW. what's the depression rate of your clutch!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!!!??!111//1/1!?1/1?1/1>?!?

When he said let of the brake he meant his right foot off the foot brake.
Most people will use a handbrake because they don't know how their clutch actually works.

2 KEEP DEM SPOOLZ UP BRUUUUH

PPPPSSSSSSSSSHUUUHUHUHUHUUUU

Barely any situations where you would need to left foot break in daily driving, but for racing yes it is almost required if you want to git gud.

Pretty sure that's being done on the turn? Left-foot braking is fine as a specialized technique. When driving on public roads, it's a risky trend that increases the likelihood of dumbfucks committing pedal error.

Nobody is advocating doing it in everyday driving

1 racecars/rally driving. it's common that they left foot brake while flat out. you can use more or less brake to adjust. iirc harder on brakes while on throttle brings you in closer when turning. light brake and full out you'll go wider. see lonestar drift at rally school on youtube
youtu.be/eYpUmkYKZH0?t=170

2 corner stability help with most cars. just lightly touching the brakes. iirc some nigga in initial d does it, maybe the civic? idk it's more helpful for fwd i think

3 brake boosting for a turbo car kinda dumb but people do it