Engaged clutch?

If I fully press the clutch down am I still riding the clutch?

Niggers

DO NOT REPLY TO SHITPOST THREADS

no you're driving a car

If I fully push the bitch down am I still riding that ass?

fuck you, I want a fish sandwich now

wondering if I go downhill and I fully press down the clutch Am I grind ing the clutch?

Kill yourself op

You can prematurely wear out the throw-out bearing. They aren't super expensive but it adds up.

yes

i just had to the replace the whole clutch kit on my car and shit costed like 2k dollars on a car that was worth 4k

Not OP. Could someone perahps give me a minor explanation on what contraptions are activated when the clutch is pushed all the way down?
says the ball bearings can get fucked but how?

They literally teach you to depress the clutch during idling at lights due to emergency response time.

No correlation?

Ball bearings are not THROW-OUT bearings. I didn't say ball bearing. Why you do dis to me?

because this is the designated shitting thread?

>THROW-OUT bearings
OH. I didn't even recognise that. Sorry, new to this board.
I was going to ask on my old Ford why there is a whirling or loud whine whenever the clutch engages into gear. But it looks like "Throw-Out" bearings are my issue when I googled it:

Is this something I can do or do I have to take it to my mech?

"enance Tips/Suggestions
The classic symptom of a worn throw-out bearing is a whirring or growling sound when applying the clutch pedal, which goes away when releasing the pedal. Premature wear of the throw-out bearing can occur when there is insufficient clutch play, resulting in a throw-out bearing that spins continuously. If the bearing fails, it may seize and quickly wear the fingers of the pressure plate. The throw-out bearing does not require routine maintenance, but should be replaced when clutch replacement becomes necessary. Consult a professional technician to determine whether the throw-out bearing or other parts of the clutch assembly need replacement."

Never know, some user could be trying to change the oil on his camry and accidentally double gasket as a result of one of these threads.

Two people and a days worth of work along with a mouthful of "fuck"s and "god dammit"s should get the job done.

Fuck does uber bring me tendis

Never too late my friend.

So can that whirling sound when the vehicle is IN gear be removed if I change the throw-out bearings?

IF this is the case, will my clutch still be good or do I have to get a new one?

and never too early

Veeky Forums is the worst auto forum on the internet. this thread is further proof. All that is missing is alphonse.

Could be, clutch may or may not be fucked. Just have to drop the transmission and check it and look for signs of abnormal or accelerated wear. I'm not going to lie to you and say I'm the best mechanic, but rebuilds aren't outside of my ability.

Mech said it might be the transmission fluid. What is the failure of the tran fluid and what to do with it?

Anyway, the original question: IS it bad to depress the clutch over a long period of time? Could someone perahps give me a minor explanation on what contraptions are activated when the clutch is pushed all the way down?

Underrated post

You should go check out /420chan/'s /psy/ board. Or /jenk/.

Throw-out bearing and clutchplate will receive excessive wear when the clutch is depressed for long periods of time. I suggest leaving the shifter in the center (neutral) when not in a gear as to avoid excessive wear. This is only for everyday driving. Always have the clutch engaged when not in motion during a driver's license test though.

no but there's other delivery style apps you can use where a driver will go to a fast food place for you

But how does it fuck up the clutch plate?

During heavy traffic sometimes, I use the clutch a bit in order to move ahead a bit in first gear. Then depress it all the way once it moves too much and keep it there until the car ahead of me moves.

Is that bad? Should I just stay very far behind instead of crawling a bit by fucking up my clutch?

I try to do a N2N shift but it's hard when bumper2bumper

Honestly, I leave room. Move one length at a time. But the clutch plate has a flywheel spinning against it at ~800RPM so you can imagine that isn't fun. But these things can do it if they have too. I live in Texas where I'm either idling in first on shit roads or cruising in 5th at 75MPH on the highway.

HUH. I didn't know that. I'm always in 2nd gear and try to keep it above 1000. IT occasionally falls below to 800 and that's when I kinda have to force it a bit higher.

Your advice is never to engage the clutch halfway in order to creep up? What about stuck in snow and shit? Bringing the revs up to 3500 in second gear and moving slowly or quickly?

Really depends on the car. I live in Texas so I deal with floods and ice. Not much I can do but idle though that. Snow on the other hand, I'd get a dually for cheap and keep 400lbs of sand over the wheels for added traction and when you get stuck, pour that sand under the front of the wheel and slowly pull yourself out. Or invest in a winch for double security.

No way

>winch
OH THAT'S WHY PEOPLE HAVE WINCHES ON THEIR SHITTY NON-OFFROAD WORTHY CARS.

Could be. They could do it to remove logs that obstruct the road.

Oh thanks for turning this thread into a readable experience. Will try that non-shitty bumper2bumper traffic driving next time and hopefully make this clutch last another 100 000!

G'night!

Noight.

that feel when havent hada filetaO'fish in years..

apparently the oil cleaning system mixes the oil before reuse.

your pic just made me visit mcdonalds.

dammit.

...are you guys not muslim yet!

You are engaging the clutch brake and will have to replace that ;^)