First car thread Veeky Forums

What was your first car? I had a 1.6L AW11 Sunroof, It was a hand down from my brother who didn't use it anymore and I had just gotten my driver's license. I ended up totaling it when I was overtaking a truck, being the dumb ass I was.

95 maxima

Shit wasy baby, let someone borrow it and they hit a tree

>letting someone other than yourself drive your car

>Hand me down car
Oh i know that feel
Civic em2 ex i still have it running.

91 Montero. Gramps gave it to me after I stole it from the driveway like 4 years ago. Still have it. Wrench it myself.

86 Toyota pickup, was from the family. Ended up rear ending someone and didn't want to fix it. Now own a 99 Nissan Frontier

Nice.

Drew colins

VAZ 2103

My first car is a 1.6 L AW11 Hardtop. I got my car almost a year and a half ago. Found it on craigslist for $2000. Still runs great and this is a shot of it on PCH when I was driving home from Laguna Seca Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion last month. It was my first major trip and I even camped out in my car because motel prices were crazy that weekend.

OP Do you by any chance know the manufacturer of thet roof rack?

How much those front grills go for? I found a half in my garage, it's genuine USSR made.

I think not much.

Had and still drive a yellow 2004 dodge neon. Got it as a high school graduation present in 2012. Going to trade it in soon for a Subaru Impreza I think.

97 Tiburon, it was the best I could afford in this shithole of a 3d world country I am stucked.

Pic related, it's the car, had it for 1.5 years

slow as shit, but holds a special place in my heart.

how would you sleep in your mr2?? I own an 88 aw11 as well and I don't see any comfortable position you can sleep in yours

Actually, mine is an 88 as well. My friend and I put up some towels and stuff over the windows to block out people from looking in while we slept. Just brought a pillow and blanket and put the seat back. My friend and I are both skinny dudes so, to us, the MR2 has plenty of room.

this bloody thing. came from a barn after +25 years sleep.

92 Camry from my parents, have had it for almost 7 years now
First car I bought with my own money? AE86
I might be retarded, but I have a lot of fun being this way

Now this is a very cool first car.

Not OP but I think that is the original Toyota roof rack

Just took this, actually getting my second car today. This neon is a piece of shit but I love it and it will be missed. New car hype.

it is yea. a very neat 'lil car. it only sucks that i live in the fucking city and garage's are damn expensive to rent. or can't even work in them. so now i'm stuck with it since it isn't insured and has rust holes which need pathin'.

2001 Ford ZX2. Was a decent car at the time. Started throwing serpentine belt every month or so and tranny seemed like it was about to shit the bed. So I ditched it

93 Regal GS. 3800 ftw. Just sold it after 7 years.

'86 AW11 swaped with the supercharged engine from an '89.

It's been an absolute piece of shit since day one but I guess it's okay.

You shouldnt overtake in a 1.6L. Glad you learned your lesson.

83 MR30 Skyline, horrid seats, horrid interior, paint was shit, bits of rust/damage everywhere from the previous owners, drivers door had literally hundreds of little dings from keys around the lock (i'm guessing one of the previous owners was a fucking huge piss pot), but it was low k's, had an FJ20E dropped in it and fuck it went hard.

Sold it over a decade ago.

Fuck i'm getting old.

2003 loaded Pontiac Grand Am GT. Parents gave it to me for my 16th birthday.

Always had some niggling little issues with it, but it helped my learn how to do stuff with cars. Decided to sell it when my dad was getting a new car and I bought his A6 from him about 6 years later.

First was a corolla I bought for 700 bucks it was a piece of shit
My current car is an 01 protege I bought for 250$ it Oly has 80k kms on it but it's dying lol
Im probably gonna splurge on my next car and spend 2000$

93 Jeep wrangler with the 2.5 fourbanger. Got it for 3500 and sold it this summer for 5200 with people lining up from neighboring states asking to hold it for them if they gave me an extra 500.

Demand was high cause 113k miles and she was
>C L E A N
>L
>E
>A
>N

2008 Mazdapseed3

a 2005 ford 500

drove it around for a couple days, didn't have my license, insurance, or inspection. Took it to a garage and learned the frame was full of holes, sold it off for the $600 I paid for it and only ended up being out for a gallon of oil since the thing was dry when I got it

looking back it was stupid, but at the time it was mine, and made me feel like a king