/scg/ - S-Chassis General

Nobody talks about Nissans anymore edition

>rwd shitboxes
>drift tax
>rust
>is dis s chassis gud?

macon.craigslist.org/cto/5788142263.html
Thoughts? I could get a dash cover and fix the carpet as soon as I got it, and I could get a new hatch soon.
Is there anything that I'm missing? I know that the engine isn't in perfect condition but I'm thinking of saving a few thousand for an SR20 swap anyway.
Obviously I'd do the work myself. I'm a student so I don't really need a reliable daily, just something to fuck around with.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/like/291874343955?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
longisland.craigslist.org/cto/5801882779.html
cnj.craigslist.org/cto/5796522950.html
cnj.craigslist.org/cto/5769458559.html
newyork.craigslist.org/search/cto?sort=date&hasPic=1&searchNearby=1&nearbyArea=451&nearbyArea=349&nearbyArea=249&nearbyArea=561&nearbyArea=167&nearbyArea=250&nearbyArea=168&nearbyArea=170&nearbyArea=354&nearbyArea=17&nearbyArea=356&nearbyArea=278&nearbyArea=276&nearbyArea=286&nearbyArea=173&auto_transmission=1&query=240sx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump?
why does Veeky Forums hate 240s

they're the american version of the VL Calais

Whats wrong with those? Didn't they come with the RB30ET?

I kinda agree but they don't come with a turbo

Seems like a decent enough starter/beater car. Check for more rust.

At least it has a DOHC and a 5 speed.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It looks like it's pretty clean in the engine bay, at lease on the strut mounts.
Thanks for the input and for not just calling me a fag.

I keep hearing 240s are really bad with electronics

They are bad at everything

>Nissan simply can't compete

Yep seems pretty accurate for one of the most popular sports cars of the 90s.

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE ONE FUCKING THREAD ON HERE WITHOUT SHITPOSTING

What the fuck happened to /scg/ did it die or something. I never payed attention to the threads but that's a shame.

>popular
>sports car
Kek

Why is the Zenki S14 the black sheep of the S-Chassis?

Same shitty shit with a different body

Looks less agressive but I like it

I love mine but no one else seems too

What do you drive?

Not a nissan. What does my vehicle have to do with nissan making shit products?

Well what's a better alternative? You can't say Nissan sucks if you don't drive something better.

Ford

A 1L Ecoboost? Lmao might as well drive a diesel Fiat

Dunno. Who cares.

Mazda, toyota.
No. Ford is shit

>Mazda

That's still a Ford

Why do you have so many pictures of Nissans

Ignorance. Nissanfags ooze ignorance. Why else would they buy such shit cars?

He has a crush, when someone teases you that means they like you. I think he also wants to ask you out.

You should be asking yourself? I made your RX-7 reliable.

>he thinks LS engine last longer than rotaries
>he needs 5.7 to 7.0 liters to compete with 1.3L
Kek

>he needs an oil change every 3000 miles
>he consumes the same amount of fuel as an old pickup
kek, don't blow your apex seals too early, you're burning too much

At least you tried

Are you talking to yourself again? I think you misquoted.

Where is the s12 love?

Hard to find user, but here you go

Thats not an S12 moron.

wrong image

Not the other guy, but why would you ls swap an rx7? Isn't the only reason to buy an rx the rotary? Also what's with all the fuss with "muh efficiency" and "muh reliability"? If you really wanted a hassle free reliable car that revs low you should have just bought a Juke or Prius or something. If an LS is better than a rotary cause it's easier to maintain and drinks less gas (not really), then by that logic, a Camry is the F1 car of Veeky Forums.

To trigger rotards

FORGOT IMAGE

You spend 10k+ on a car to make people over the internet mildly irritated. K

We're back? Neato.

LIKE POTTERY

Or not I guess
Veeky Forums sucks

Nice s13 btw

Ayyy lmao

Nice, is one of those yours?

I lied to myself again, & instead of getting a paint job, I bought more suspension parts that I don't need.
But at least my chassis is no longer a wet noodle & I get around 66° of steering angle till my tire hits swaybar
The 240sx hatch thats miss matched, green RPS13 infront is a 180sx

Paint's less important than how it drives.

What do you think of the link in the OP?

If you can get it for $2k or less it's not that bad. You can find a rust free used hatch for around $200, or do what I did & cut out any rust & weld in new metal/reinforced if you wanna go wang.
Just say it'll cost alot to fix hatch & try to get him for $1,800.

Would there be anything wrong with getting a 180sx as a first car? Definitely my favourite, just wondering if they are known to have any major problems.

Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out in a little
As far as I know, they are a pretty good first car. For one, they aren't going to be perfect, so it'll teach you how to work on your own car and you'll learn a lot. Also, it's rwd (duh) so it gives you an opportunity to learn car control and really improve your driving, but it's not going to have a ton of power, so you won't end up like pic related.

Bump

Damn that looks great, I can't wait to get a front mount.

Damn that's the only S14 Zenki I've ever seen with clear lights.
Did you have to do something to them?

It's a 200sx, they came with glass headlights. The corner lights are aftermarket.

My last s14 and a couple friends old silvias

>mfw dented front fenders, rusted through bumper support causing sag, rust hole in my roof, and cancer forming near the rear tires

How much should I pay for a repaint

fix the rust first dude. i hate seeing cars with rust and otherwise good setups.
in my opinion, if a car is rusted to shit, it might as well be a salvage title.
Weld new sheet metal in like said, and then get it painted to keep it from rusting again.

I guess my main question is, at what point is the location of rust considered a total lost? My frame rails are totally fine, the roof part sucks but seems replaceable when you weld it out and swap it. New fenders I can get as well.

Well as long as there's no frame damage, I'd say to try to fix it.
And part that's not welded to the frame (roof and rear quarter panels) should just be replaced if it gets rusty.
If it's an S13, here's a bumper support
ebay.com/itm/like/291874343955?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
Also, if you're into modifying the look of it, I'd say go for overfenders. Cut out any rust that you have in the RQPs, and then just rustoleum it and then give it some sick hella jdm fender flares over it

Thanks brah, should I decide to keep my car I'm going for as vanilla/OEM as possible. It still only has 80k miles. There's only minor quarter panel surface rust that's completely fixable.

>I'm going for as vanilla/OEM as possible.
Good.
I'd say fix any rust you can, and get the body in tip top shape, then get a really good thick paint job

Does anyone have experience with the headlight motors? I've noticed that my right one comes up slower than my left and I'm just concerned that it'll break, leaving me winky eyed in the night and blind

I think I get why S-Chassis is popular now. This shit was easy as hell to pull out

>yfw this is a 240SX
Well they are known to be common project cars

What engine did it use?

VG30E

Kosei/BuddyClubs Nice!

Bamp

Is it alright if I hang out here my brothers from another mother

Sure thing famalam. You're as hated as 240s. ;_; why can't we all just be friends

>You're as hated as 240s

Not really. We're extremely reliable and in 1994 came with more power stock than the S14 in Japanese spec.

meant for

Yeah but all anybody cares about is muh snap oversteer

Even the littlest research shows it's minimal and all driver error

It's all throttle control. You can't 0 to 100 stab the throttle in a turn like an FR or FF

I'm glad it became a meme though. No major rice tax and imports from what I've been quoted are super cheap.

I know, I agree with you. I was just saying that a lot of people shit on MR2s like they shit on Nissans

also forgot to mention plentiful

>like they shit on Nissans

I notice a difference, but that's due to s-chassis being more popular.

kek, DIW thread?

lol yeah it's a goldmine

heres the original screen shot

got tetanus by looking at that

someone pls send to crusher

I hope the guy with the RB25 swap shows up to this thread with more pics

You faggots should import a Skyline

I got a rb20 for ya

Looking for a fun s-chassis.. I don't commute anywhere so it will be mainly a toy. That said, I dont have a garage for it to work on it/have it just sit around. Considering most work/mods would have to be done at a shop, should i spend $2k on a pretty much stock s13

longisland.craigslist.org/cto/5801882779.html

or $4k on a RB25 swap s13

cnj.craigslist.org/cto/5796522950.html

or $2-2.5k on a s13 vert with very few basic upgrades

cnj.craigslist.org/cto/5769458559.html

...or recommend anything else around me: newyork.craigslist.org/search/cto?sort=date&hasPic=1&searchNearby=1&nearbyArea=451&nearbyArea=349&nearbyArea=249&nearbyArea=561&nearbyArea=167&nearbyArea=250&nearbyArea=168&nearbyArea=170&nearbyArea=354&nearbyArea=17&nearbyArea=356&nearbyArea=278&nearbyArea=276&nearbyArea=286&nearbyArea=173&auto_transmission=1&query=240sx

Rb car is not a bad deal especially with working ac

I got my car for 2k a couple years ago, have a little over 2k into my swap and that's an rb20 with no ac

Just be aware that if you need a part you can't exactly go to Autozone and tell them you have a skyline

Oh fuck, I thought I was the only one who amde threads anymore.

I have some new pics of my old car.

I have also given up on life, so I can start making the banner again, so I'm wondering if I can link a folder on my google drive and you can upload pictures to that? Thanks.

a small vocal percentage can make it look like everyone hates them.

Thats cool. They look and sound very similar but I always hear people say that you may as well go sr20. Everyone Ive seen with a working rb seems happy and content tho idk

Would you guys hate me if i put this bodykit on and do a V8 swap, I swear it's not going to be an LS if I ever do?

and no I wouldn't plan on stancing it if I did

what would happen if you bought a challenger

If it's not a GTR then Silvia is better. Although where I live those RB25 R33s are very common and easy to buy compared to Silvias, which is a plus.

>implying you could afford a v8 and that kit

I think an RB20 actually has less potential than an SR20 because of the way it's built. The RB20 is much weaker than an RB25, but an SR is built for much more boost than an rb20.
It's also heavier.
Still a great engine though.

What is weaker on the rb20? Crank, rods? The head does flow less than the one designed for an extra .5l of displacement, but that's understandable.

Bmp

bump

classic scg bump since we can never keep it going. ended up putting my 240 together a few months ago, previous owner had the timing backwards, pistons hit head, decided to throw it in the trash. so now the s13 is once again sitting in garage waiting for love. plan on rb25 swapping eventually, but out of funds currently since i just fixed up a mk3 supra.