youtu.be/Ncp-rYHF06k
youtube.com/watch?v=Af6JRDhNBiw
youtube.com/watch?v=uvDCciuBRpc
youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Makoto is CUTE

sfv is an excellent game

anyone sfv eu?

Reminder that the american FGC would sell their grandmother if given the chance.

whose the artist for this?

Just joined sako's battle lounge

He's now aware of /fgg/

/fgg/ SFV Ranking Battle
fggsfv.challonge.com/ranbat4

SATURDAY @10:00 PM EST

We're doing a Saturday tournament this week because I have work Friday night.

>Currrent Standings - Top 8
1. tramps
2. SeaPerson
3. prl
4. ZetaZeta
5. bael
6. Pickles
7. Sharkboot / DE3

Top 8 at the end of season will participate in the '/fgg/ Cup' to determine the ultimate winner. In the event of a tie for 8th place a short deciding match will be held.

discord.gg/U4qCScZ

Here's a discord link specifically for this tournament series. I'll try to coordinate matches in here as well as stream chat.

>Previous Tournament vods
Round 2 - youtu.be/9pMCPDW73to
Round 3 - youtu.be/Ncp-rYHF06k

>Snacking while playing fighting games has made me kinda chubby...Am I still cute user?
How do you respond?

Blazblue!

r/kappa hates sfv, maybe you should go there?

hot

Who the fuck are you you piece of lard

"no"

Whats the fastest way to beat survival mode? Is there a trainer that speeds up the process?

/v/kappa/ loves the ecelebs and by proxy they love sfv too because that is what their ecelebs pretend to like for money.

Don't call me a piece of lard!
S-Sorry ;_;

hard reads and commitment

super silver mindgames

SFIV was perfect and the only people who disliked 1f links were shitters.

60FPS youtube channels where?

you love talking about sfv and by proxy you love sfv too.

>tfw all the music from my favorite anime shows now sound really dated and cheesy
i don't like getting old desu fampai

Just buy the fucking dlc already you parasite. Do you really want the poor and honest fgc to die because you are too greedy to pay a little extra?

tfw no one sits next to you on the train even when it's completely packed

>being gay

Don't even pretend that doesn't happen in higher ranks. It's my main source of damage when I get match up with a platinum.

STOP MANSPREADING YOU FUCKING SHITLORD

Kill yourself already.

t.mai main

Only if I get to slit your throat beforehand

Boo

>not playing ST

play blazblue

Why are combos in Skullgirls so unsatisfying?

tekken 7 is fun from what i played at canada cup. everyone is so cheap with tons of new counter hit launchers and instant screw launchers, and on top of it, you can just kill people in 2 launches. unless you're gigas. too bad the tourney was run like ass later into pools.

I wonder when the nostalgic costumes are coming out.

>too bad the tourney was run like ass later into pools.
Go in more detail about it.

because it's a million hits

and of those million hits some of the moves you do will be multihit

so you can press one normal and get like 20 hits out of it then do a special and that's like 100

also the sound effects are shit

youtube.com/watch?v=Af6JRDhNBiw
>people want this at evo

Because they're so easy.

Are you a smash player or something?

>top 3 SFV are nobodies
>literally no japanese player in top 3
I really hate SFV now

SFV and ST are two sides of the same coin.

Shallow, shit design and not fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=uvDCciuBRpc
>people want this at evo

Play Guilty Gear.

ABA's not in Xrd though :^(

Should I buy BBCPEX or wait for Kusogeplus Blasterz to hit steam

why does slayer look like a bitch here

Taken looks so boring. What's the appeal?

Yes

DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE

You are the hero we need but not deserve.

you know how there was that match with noctis and oni jin on stream and they played like 3 sets? that's because the initial rules were that there was going to be one person leaving each pool instead of 2, where there would be a grand finals-type set played at the end.

so they played it like that, then after the first set someone came and told them the rules changed, but they both told the ref that the rules said they're supposed to be playing a grand finals set to get out of pools. so the ref said it ok, they played it out, noctis lost, but then latter they told him he made it to top 16.

no one told them or anyone else who read the rules (anyone who didn't just assumed it was the same as usual; both winner's side winner and loser's side winner gets out of the same pool) that they changed it. apparently this mishap took place in another pool.

the reason probably is that the number of entrants vs the people who actually showed up and played was literally like a 3:1 ratio, so they changed the format of the pools and the number of pools altogether.

Are there games that have forward charge moves?

hard reads with either low commitment or lots of commitment depending on your playstyle and how you value certain rewards

uniel but just 1 char
she also has up charge down release and button charge release
basically she has any kind of charge motion you can think of

>juri theme
youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw

The most high IQ fighting game character in existance

Arcana Heart

Sounds like the Lavos Core.

That is always poor doing to change rules and not make sure everyones knows about it.
>the reason probably is that the number of entrants vs the people who actually showed up and played was literally like a 3:1 ratio,
Any reason for that? That is a way too high percentage of people not playing.

>when the cyanide kicks in

Is she our girl?

what is the purpose of forward charge moves

Cummy #1

Gives a large risk to the charge in exchange for being strong. Vatista has a forward charge that gives her an instant full-screen laser for example. As a backwards charge, it would be too strong, since you wouldn't be able to be hit out of it. Also it adds mindgames to when she's crouching, because it means she could possibly be holding downforward instead of downback.

Can't wait for the nerfs.

Can't block while charging
Can advance while charging

Seems pretty obvious to me.

whats wrong with her faaaaaaaaaaaaacee

sfv

>girl
>her

Wouldnt that just open you up to pokes though

Why don't they make her look japanese?

What the fuck are you implying?

I'll give you some time to delete this, make sure you take it.

Obviously you wouldn't just walk straight forward but you could take small steps forward while maintaining a charge to pressure them.

>Japs
>Ever making characters look like them

Japs hate themselves

Guile has a down forward charge in SF V.

No one uses it.

from what i hear, most of the other tournaments were a clusterfuck particularly when it came to stream time and such. so general consensus is that the tourney was not run well. but the venue was great, especially separating smash in a completely different room.

it was a free to enter tourney, so if someone just didn't feel like they wanted to stop playing some other game, they could just not show up. they could also just not check in and instead go grab dinner since it started at 6:00pm on a friday.

in kof you can run and hold down+towards the enemy

I would have rage quit as well, that read was on point and Broski cheated by jumping.

How do I into neutral game in Tekken??

UNGA BUNGA

>,

but this is our jive

learn to move, backdash cancel, wavedash etc.

air footsies

Yeah stream was a mess and lower quality. Of course the newest-capcom-game only babies put all blame on smash once again when they tuned in for their esports dinner when it was very obvious that the thing was not ran well.

there should be a character than can switch your hit/hurt boxes

Move around, pretend like you're going in on your opponent. Then he might whiff something to keep you out. What did he whiff? Is it big enough to punish? If not, maybe you can go in after it since he doesn't want to get counter hit. If he just keeps mashing you counter hit him with something appropriate.
If he never does anything when you're moving in then just go in and run your shit on him.

What?

How would you fix SFV?

move a lot.
throw out some counter hit launchers out when you think they'll dash n mash at you.
use well spaced pokes (see: not whiffed) to start offense or play keep out while making it harder for them to just get in on you.
whiff punish if you can. if not, use the time it takes to recover to get in and force them to make a decision/block something, or continue playing lame.

you can't really do any one thing alone if you want to win. when people realize all you do is move and whiff punish, they will run at you. if you throw out too many counter hit launchers willy-nilly, they'll whiff punish you. if you poke too much, they will bait them/move around to make them whiff and whiff punish you or they will utilize the minus frames to their advantage.

but, to improve/when playing online or in casual sets, working on them one at a time is a great way to get better and accustomed to the pace of the game.

killing it

there should be a character that can switch his hp with his opponent

So why does characters that have meterless DP also have standing jab as AA which is just as good?
This is fucking retarded.