He fell for the CPA meme

>he fell for the CPA meme

>overqualified for staff level jobs
>unexperienced for senior level jobs

>>overqualified for staff level jobs

So if I just want a staff level job, I shouldn't bother with CPA? Schweeeeeeet.

>oy vey goyim, spend 6 months and $1500 studying like a dog to take our test to prove you know what your degree already says you do
>oh and we can sell you a class to pass our exam, just another $1500
>but the book and online code are $300
>each
>*mushy gushy appeal to emotion about reaching your potential or accelerating your career with implications of making six figures and landing a trophy wife*

What a load of bunk.

You guys dont get it.
like eighty percent of the people in my class go for the 5 year program.
All of them have a job within the next year.

You just dont understand it, so your aggainst it.
Enjoy 'finance'

>So if I just want a staff level job, I shouldn't bother with CPA?

What did you think a CPA was for?
It's for audit and attest services, not for your basic staff accounting or payroll jobs.

Yeah, and they're working 80 hours a week for $60k a year. Big fuckin whoop.

You're better off getting that accounting degree and just getting a CMA or a CIA and working in industry where they don't work you like a dog for shit pay.

Everyone has their preference.
If you want to take the easy way out, then by all means.

Not my fault, all my professors shilled it like you HAD to do it or you'd be living behind a dumpster. Well thank god. I never wanted to fuck with that.

>working 80 hours a week for $60k a year. Big fuckin whoop.

Seriously this. That's like working two 30k/yr jobs. It's shit.

I have never met a non-suicidal accountant. They hate their lives and make half of what I do and are twice as old. Accounting has become the new HR.

what do you do?

Suicidal account here.

Now scared;
Going back to college for 2nd degree bachelors only 45 credits, aka 2 weekend classes per semester while working dayshift and hopefully replacing it with account rec/payabe position while working for full degree. Am I wrong?

Ps will start in Jan 2017.

Sure; if you study accounting to become a wage-slave idiot who has no friends, connections and business acumen - life gets tough.

If however, you are a sociable, intelligent person with connections from a well to do family who can take accounting knowledge and Apply it to the real world; whilst combining it with self education on investments and other world affairs - enter board positions, solid investments and wealth.

Understand accounting is the language of business. If you only apply that to being some bodies wage cuck bitch for 60k a year, cuz basically your, your bosses bitch ass bookkeeper then thats on you. And the same could be said for most professions IMO.

If however you are smart, connected, and have a good team with other assets, that complement knowledge required: Sky is the limit, as in all things in life.

>went to university for accounting
>became CPA
>no debt
>start up with college friends worked out, was the CFO of a company that ended up being worth $270,000,000 currently

making millions isn't actually hard. We have another company that was also funded and I am the CFO of that too. my net worth is about $90,000,000 after dilution.

but hey, keep going on Veeky Forums talking about trading crypto and smelling your own farts all day. it's okay because you're on the Veeky Forums board, so it's you working towards success, right? :^)

>surviving isnt hard when you have survivorship bias

It's pretty hard when you bitch like a little bitch, though.

this. there are other options for acc with 2-5 yrs exp.

What do you do then, Mr High and mighty?

I graduated with an Accounting degree from a shitty public school close to me. Got a job as a loan officer at a credit union. I only make $45K salary but I've been here for almost a year now and haven't worked more than 30 hours in a week, typically 20. I still live with my parents and spend a lot of time /out/ or /diy/. As soon as the lease is up for tenants in one of their rental houses, I'm moving in and only have to pay utilities, insurance, and taxes. Practically giving me a house. I'll get all of them when they die anyways because I only have 1 sibling and he's a loser that doesn't even talk to us much. Feels good being middle class. I thought I'd have it harder than most considering how "do it on your own it's a good life experience
mentality my parents are. .I worked and paid for my degree graduating after 6 years, but I'm debt free.

>getting my accounting degree in university
>have a internship with mid size firm for the summer
>they said they would hire me full time after I graduate, assuming all goes well
>gonna be making 40k a yr to start out of uni while I get my CPA designation

Yea it'll be a lot of work getting my designation and working full time but its better than what 99% of this shitty board does with their lives.

>$60K per year

Kek, you'll get just under that, and only if you work in one of the big cities or do tax or consulting

My friend is in Big 4 right now and can't pass the CPA because he works too much, and he makes just over $47500 to avoid overtime because we live in a super low CoL city

Working for a small Acc firm while getting my cpa payed, 50K a year. Also looking to buy a small house and subrent for 800$ a month in free cash flow, from all my savings.

Hopefully this investment will rise in price, but housing prices have risen always in my city, and its in europe so not afraid of a crash really. Meanwhile renting myself with my housemates and paying pennies for rent.

Getting rich is a bitch, gotta make choices, and stick to them. But its def attainable. Just don't be a simple wage cuck and think ahead and take action.

>mfw making 62k immediately after graduating as an EE
Wew, glad I feel for the STEM meme instead.

I'm 80k doing finance, but I work like 45 hours a week and in the next two years it'll probably be 50-55

80k would be nice but I don't think I could manage more than 40 hours a week, which is already bad enough for me.
How does finance differ from accounting type stuff? I only know enough about finance to do my personal asset allocation and whatnot.

If I have to do many more of these questions, I'm going to blow my brains out.

I hate the CPA exam.

>housing prices have risen always in my city, and its in europe so not afraid of a crash really

Amazing how many false statements in such a partial sentence.

I'm not really sure what Accounting does in the real world but Finance at my place (we sell things online, you probably buy our stuff :3) is more just like building decks full of metrics. Essentially just using SQL and Excel to show data and pull up numbers in many different ways.

Normal Finance roles mainly look at interest rates to value investments, essentially seeing what kind of cash flows in the future need to come in to justify spending X amount of cash today.

I don't mind working extra hours because the things we do really have an impact on the company because they give so much responsibility to every employee. In my internship I was able to save the company more than a million dollars, real cash too not some time-savings calculation

Neat. Sounds similar to the stuff I did in the one finance course I took in school. Keep up the good work!

thats pretty cool dude. i get paid a million bucks a session to lick Selena Gomez's pussy. I also got that job by becoming a CPA.

I was in grad school getting my Master's in Accounting and preparing to sit for the CPA exam when a friend told me they had an open position at the bank he's at. I interviewed and took the job as an underwriter and dropped out of class. Now I make $90k a year and only work 40 hours a week. Glad I dodged the CPA bullet.