/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>daily/roadtrip car edition

Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:

>Daily reminder to check your neglected timing belt
youtube.com/watch?v=wLMlevsz_Lk

>Ja Rule - Life Ain't a Game
youtube.com/watch?v=WJADXTw7QU0

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/YAExuHS.jpg
i.imgur.com/Qu5uXhv.jpg
i.imgur.com/4fZG82l.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't forget to join the collage or update your photo m8!

>tfw no time to replace my front shock dampers

why not?

hey fa/hg/s, k24a2/fa5 kek here. It runs, but it is currently in a limp mode and it is not throwing any codes. When I start the car after resetting the ECU, it runs and idles ROUGH. After turning it off and cranking it again, it will run at about 500-700 rpm for a few seconds, then rev to 1.5-2k, then the engine stalls. I am currently running a MAP based calibration that I was sent by vittuned.

I am wondering if my MAP sensor or ECU may have an issue. Here is the data from the car turned on, without the engine running: i.imgur.com/YAExuHS.jpg

Here is the data with the MAP sensor unplugged with the car turned on, without the engine running: i.imgur.com/Qu5uXhv.jpg

Finally, I took a look at the sensor screen and noticed that vit had selected the Hondata 4 bar MAP sensor even though I am running the stock MAP sensor: i.imgur.com/4fZG82l.jpg

Is that ok? Should I ever be getting a negative reading from the stock MAP sensor? It has read a negative value in some of my other logs, but I thought the absolute in "manifold absolute pressure" meant that the value it was reading was in absolute terms. My thought is that either the sensor or my ecu is bad.

work n stuff
also I have no idea what I'm doing and need help from people who also don't have time :^)

Im leaning towards the MAP sensor. Try replacing it to match the Hondata 4 bar MAP and go from there.

overnighting a JDM 4 bar from Japan right now..

>overnight parts from Japan
>but Japan is a whole day ahead of U.S.
>which means if you overnight a part from japan, it actually arrives the same day that you ordered it in the U.S.
>mfw the ultimate JDM hack

>when you order a part from japan it travels BACK in TIME

>tfw never ordered a part from Japan

One day.

Me neither..only part from japan i have on my EK is the mechadock oilfiller cap that i ordered through thechronicles..and that was sent from the bay area to switzerland

just successfully drove her around the block, boys.

switched the sensor in the cal to the 1.7 bar and it worked

clutch needs adjustment and a bunch of other shit needs to be done, but fuck, it's running and it doesn't sound like ass.

good.
now if i could get my car not to sound like Indian throat singing.

sup! getting fenders rolled soon I hope.

what is the point in rolling fenders?

tfw Tein coilovers ordered from Japan took a month to arrive.

my wheels/tires are too wide, so when I go over bumps my tires rub on my fenders.

How are you gonna get it done?

How do you feel about the Acura RSX?

My first car was a 5spd 2000 Accord, and the more I look at this thing the more it tickles my nostalgia.

Good cars. Get the RSX Type S in manual if you want something fun.

>if you want something fun
Oh god, how I do

I went from a manual accord to a goddamn Insight

Do you even know how that feels?

Lol is it one of those two from the collage? The Type S with 210hp is decently quick.

I hate it too much to take pictures of it desu

I got it basically for free from a family member, so I shouldn't complain, but damn man. It's like driving a wet noodle

Lol what happened to the accord then?

Ugh...sad story. And one that I know I could've prevented had I not been a loser that didn't care about cars at the time.

Was driving down the interstate and suddenly the YO PARKING BRAKE IS DOWN indicator popped up. A split second later, all hell broke loose and car started chugging hard and every warning light that could just popped on.

Apparently, the parking brake, the clutch, the transmission, one belt and somehow the catalytic converter (how is that even related?) all broke at once. Could barely go 20 mph at a time, and shook like mad.

I don't know what exactly went wrong but I know it could have been prevented easily.

>literally the best hybrid ever made
>not realizing theres honda fags that would kill you in your sleep for a clean 1g insight

Eat shit faggot

You're mean user

I'm sorry bud

You want a fucking 2010 Insight with 120k miles on it, give me 6 grand and it's yours. It's killing me for how boring it is.

The Type S's are very much under-rated. Mine did 206whp stock. And it's over 215whp now with a reflash, full-exhaust & decat.

Stock is apparently 190hp.

with a proper fender roller and heat gun lol.

Guys, I've heard the CR-Z was entirely based on the Fit.

How much of the car was original and how much was just taken from other cars?

>crank engine
>engine dies
>crank engine
>foot on accel
>runs
Time to clean the throttle body, again. Any TB cleaner will do, right?

Is it common for newer Hondas, more specifically Accords, to have a loud engine and idle roughly, especially with the AC on?

No wtf

The body is original. I think the hybrid system came off the hybrid fit.

Yes

How are fits? I'm coming from a KE70 corolla and I've realized I don't want to get a bigger car and it's fucking impossible to find any new cars that small. Would like something fun to drive, nice handling, don't care about power as I'm coming from a ke70 and everything feels like a rocketship.

i didnt even think my car was very small,
>yeah I've got a typical sedan and it's pretty fun not too fast but fun I'll go test some sporty sedans and they'll be just the same
>theyre all the size of SUVs and way faster than I could ever possibly need

We'll, I just got this thing and the engine sounds louder than my previous car and really gives a vibration when the AC is on.

Yes it sounds like its what you're looking for but test drive it before buying it

You should get that checked

post a vid

Bumping because I'm also interested in a Fit - does the CVT really get better mileage than the manual in real-world use?

Yes. Greater mpgs for manuals are only applicable for older cars (before 2010)

Thanks for the quick response - guess there's no real reason for me to learn how to drive manual then. Maybe I'll get into Veeky Forums memes in a few years once I'm not living in an apartment with only one parking space.

Cool, found one overpriced at a dealer nearby I'll have to stop by and test drive after work tomorrow.

I just wish they didn't look like dick but I hardly like anything post-2005 so whatever. At least this will stop me from ricing it if I do end up with one.

On a related note I hear the US sport autos have flappy paddles? They any good? I've been curious about them, my rollas a good ol' school style manual and a flappy paddle setup sounds like it could work well as a dd but I've never really looked into them 'cause I didn't know the were in anything other than new high end shit (this is the first time I've gone shopping for a car that's not a vintage jap rustbox).

It's a CVT meaning there are no real gears. The paddle shifter just replicates the feeling of gears. That being said, the shifting is not instantaneous like proper paddle shifters in higher end cars and race cars. So there's going to be like a half second delay but it's better than nothing. Stick is a lot more fun and involving though.

Welp, CVT sounds good on paper but yeah fake gears are stupid. Isn't the US auto not a CVT though? Wikipedia is being confusing or I'm being retarded.

Also forgot to ask, how's the first gen vs the second gen? I've heard that the first gen has better handling but some other people say the second gen is more fun so I'm a bit lost on that.

It's CVT starting with the 3rd gen, which is what I'm () looking at. I might consider getting a used 2nd gen at the right price, but the Fit is very hard to find used in my area.

Test drive both and see for yourself

Yeah, good point. no gen 1s within a 3 hour drive of my area though right now.

Anyone have good brake recommendations for an EP3? Previous owner put shit rotors on and I think they're already warped to hell (car/brake pedal shakes violently under hard braking from high speed)

Hawk brake pads and rotors

Next project. Gonna grab the cupholder assembly from a 98 in a few days and put the radio down there.

neato

I have no idea what you're picturing but I'm Interested

I'm moving my single din radio down to the slot by the shifter/cupholders, and putting a Nexus 7 (2012 version I had lying around) in its place.
Here's a slightly better picture - right now the tablet doesn't fit right. I'm going to get a spare panel and sand this one down to get the tablet to fit snugly in there. It'll be powered through USB and have plenty of music/map data, and I can tether from my phone if I need anything else on the go. It won't happen for a little while but I'll be sure to post pics when I get around to it.

Aaaand I forgot the picture. Wonderful. Here you go.

I like the idea but why keep the old radio?

Mostly because the tablet isn't powerful enough for the kind of audio setup I want without a lot of modifications. I want to be able to run subs, plenty of speakers, and etc without much hassle - all of which can be done with my current radio. Plus I want the ability to have FM/HD radio and this tablet doesn't support it out of the box.

So why are you putting the tablet in again?

Because it looks awesome, and having a fully functional Android tablet in your dash is pretty useful. Navigation is another reason.

I thought about doing it myself sometime. My buddy did it with his EJ coupe. He got lucky though and found the rare lower console for super cheap so he was able to move his head unit and climate control down to it.

>pic related

Also funny that he has a wallpaper of his car INSIDE his car. kek

joj imagine if his wallpaper was a shot of the interior and the tablet in the photo had the same wallpaper and inside etc etc.

can you put 115mm wheels on 114.3mm car, risk free? i know dickall about wheels looking around i found tons of threads saying its fine and tons saying FUCKING don't prelude rims are even listed as 115mm and 114.3 for the same oem rim in places

i wanna put rsx type s 04/05 rims on a 5g prelude

>risk free
No

Finally got the coilovers in my TSX done. Still sitting on stock wheels but whatever.

I noticed something was up with the heat in my car a few days ago. Whenever I press Vent or Hi-Lo, air comes through the vents. But when I press Heat, the vents stop blowing any air, no matter the speed, even though I can hear the blower motor still working. When I press H-Def, heat blows through the vents under the windshield, which is very hot, but still won't blow through the primary vents.

Am I gonna have to rip my dashboard all the way out?

JUST

tranny swap?

Post a pic nig

>boo fucking hoo one button doesn't work

New project? I thought you wanted a fox body

Bought this little guy at the beginning of July and done 5000km (3100mi for you burgers) with it in two months, love it so much. This is my first car and I think I'll stick with hondas for a long time.

Glad you're happy with it. Have you added it to the collage yet?

Not yet.
I'll post a picture with proof of ownership in some other thread

Sorry, was at work senpai-a-lam

I forgot that word filter still was a thing.
Also I should have washed my car first before taking a picture... Wew lad.

there's like 3 civic shitboxes in my country that haven't done 250 000km being sold right now
kill me because i want one

In some other thread? Why not here?
Don't worry, user, you'll find another one if they're all gone since there are plenty more out there.
>Dad wouldn't allow me to but Crown Vic
>MR2 was sold as I was driving to see it
>Foxbody Mustang sold the day I was going to contact the seller
>Beat two people to the punch on a CRX
>satisfied_with_purchase.wmv

Blue rsx here, haven't posted lately. Might be trading my 04 rsx base for an 06 type s with half the kilometers (cash on top on my end) Pretty excited, I've had type s envy since I bought the thing

didn't take said picture yet

>people selling cars as you're en route to see them
This. Fucking this. When I say I'm coming down to see the goddamn car, you have the common courtesy to not fucking sell it in the 15 minutes it took for me to drive down. Did you invite several people to look at it at once? Why the fuck would you do that? If you sell the car, tell me before I get to your goddamn house.

This is the worst birthday ever. Fucking hate life.

>tips are shit
>locked my keys in my car after delivering a free order to a dindu at section 8 apartments
>roadside will be an hour

JUST

that sucks, hopefully they don't bend your doorframe all up trying to get the slim Jim in there

They've done it before. They use a little air bag to make space for a little rod that can unlock it.

I should have called off today. I had a feeling something was gonna happen. Luckily cops are always sitting in the parking lot.

you live in a gated community?

This is at the section 8 apartments I took a free order to. I locked my doors but forgot to grab my keys out of the ignition.

oh haha. Section 8 is i guess housing for lower income? Sorry, swissguy here

Yeah it's bottom of the barrel govt funded housing. I think I'm the only white guy here aside from the cops.

kek

Yeah what's stupid is since it's govt funded they got nice ass furniture and TVs. The black privelege is strong.

I bought a ep2 with fake type R badges.
I have to get rid of them but they look so nice. are there different badges that I can put on there?

>tfw ready to pull the trigger on a set of rays grams light 57C6 for my EK4
it's a sickness

Congrats, she's a beaut user

Just be patient user

How much are you putting on top?

Manual Acura Legend I found. Fuck.

Looks like he rear ended someone. It's a shame.