/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>old festivities

>S-spooky witches edition

.08 patch notes
>store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/241332569600668256

>Ashes of Ariandel DLC Stuff
>pastebin.com/W1XH72P2

>Character Planner
>mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
>docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
>pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
>pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
>pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
>pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
>pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
>pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>over half bled from two hits
How much bleed resistance do you have? How much do you need to ensure that it takes five hits to bleed you out?

Jesus christ why was the dlc so bad

What is everyone's SL?

next event should be 6 man brawl with everyone in dragon form with calamity ring and 3 clutch rings, and you can only attack with dragon stone effects

>Invade at Painted
>Every single fucking guy gets a blueberrry in 5 seconds
>This happens like 6 times in a row

1 or bust

dancer, at fog gate

pc, psw: dsg

Short, uninspired, very easy. One of the only two bosses is the literal symbol of peoples hatred for darksouls 2 (Royal Rat Authority) and the other is "pikachu and snorlax" with maria third phase.

>landing the stone effects on a lightroller
we should do a mandatory obscuring ring fight with some sort of meme weapons that benefit from the ring

30, just about to finish off 2x princes and not gwyn

So is centipede demon the hand of ceaseless? i remember there was a pic about that but i dont have it

Summoning for Yhorm is bullying.

The tailbone spear, the one that shoots wind vortexes

It's super fun for that

dont forget the bland areas and enemy spam

>bring the Millwood great bow to the arena
>Cat and obscuring rings
>Getting headshots while the other guy is still looking for you
>CCS fags trying to trade hits with it
>Using the WA to knock scrubs off of the tower
This shouldn't be this fun. But it do.

Extreme memes. Learn the memes. Tame the memes.

"The sisters of Chaos gave Ceaseless Discharge the Orange Charred Ring to lessen his pain. However, he mistakenly drops it, and thus, the Centipede Demon emerged from the very spot."

It's his ring to make the magma hurt less.

I figured that was covered in uninspired, but yeah.

>base game copies awful parts of 1, DeS and BB
>DLC's quality is DaS 2 tier

What surprise does the final DLC holds?

I unironically love the Onyx Blade and have wanted to use it since I saw it in the first trailer

127 right now, 126 in the image since it's full EK (currently wearing nameless gauntlets, gives me one more)

I've been told 130 is the magic number, but I don't know if that's true. I don't really mind though, it just means I can rollproc it earlier than someone would expect. Being able to resist a bunch of hits in sucsession isn't important since the combos don't work on a GS, I can just wait for the bar to slip below halfway.

It still pisses me off that nameless has more bleed resistance than elite.

>implying ds2 dlc is shit
umm no

Just wait for the redeeming second DLC, user. Who am I kidding, it's probably going to be the same shit as the first one.

that's the point, makes it hard to hit people but they die very quickly. though I guess the regular dragon head stone would be the most viable one to use

lmao2kats
He killed himself with a jump btw kek

SAYONARA YOU SHELL-BACKED SIMPLETONS!

I'm comparing 2 to good stuff. It doesn't hold a candle to ToH.
I wanted to like AoA, but let's face it, the quality is about of Iron and in a few years people will ignore all the bad stuff about it and pretend AoA was a good DLC just like it's happening to 2.

Playing DaS1.
What's the best way to get the Dark Wood Grain Ring (the one from Shiva of the Forest Friends's bodyguard) without accidentally killing Shiva.
I want to get the ring but keep Shiva's services. I know I'll need to absolve but I wanna avoid accidentally killing Shiva in the process. Is this best done in Darkwood Garden or Blighttown?
Also, what happens to the shortcut from the Chaos covenant if you abandon it? Does it stay open?
Also also, is Pyromancy's damage output entirely dependant on your weapon or does INT come into play?
Also also also, is there any reason to limit your SL if you plan to only PvE?

ocelote, fog gate

It costs the same amount of money as the first, of course it will likely have the same amount of content. The question is if they can provide two good boss fights in the second one and not just one.

>grinding swordgrass
>29/30
>killing ghru forever to get the last one
>kill the three on the bridge, ALL THREE DROP A SWORDGRASS
wtf

If they're at Darkwood just kick the ninja off the cliff and reload the area. You should be able to pick up the ring and Shiva won't even notice. He will still aggro if you don't get pardoned.

tastefully edgy, I like it

How does lobos manage to be a cute boy and a cute girl at the same time?

iirc you can just kick the bodyguard off a cliff then scram and absolve yourself.

Don't compare it to ToH, it set the bar too high. From will probably never make something similar ever again.

>go back to dank souls 1 for a little to confirm something
>invaded in blighttown with no notice from the game
>random red phantom with a large club
>literally on a ladder and see the red phantom and get super fucking confused because I hadn't seen jack shit telling me I was invaded
>hit him twice then he teleports ten feet into a backstab that instantly kills me

I forgot how janky the first game's PvP was, dear lord. I almost appreciate 3 now.

if you open the shortcut, it'll stay open, even if you leave the covenant.

pyro damage is entirely based on your flame's upgrade level (zero stat scaling), but the bellowing dragoncrest ring and crown of dusk both boost pyro damage substantially.

no reason, I guess, except that there's no scaling down or passwords in das1 so if you want to co-op on a character you should keep them at an appropriate level

>Shredder
>edgy
smelly dumb millennial scum

being a low test numale

holy shit an actual good cosplay for once
is it possible to make a ninja turtle?

Not with that attitude. Acting like 2 and 3's DLCs are okay is telling them not to put that effort and make those 4 mediocre DLCs

But...his name is Shredder.

>Miyazaki, should we let people black crystal at the arena to forfeit like in DkS2?
>Of course not, if it's in DkS2 that means it's bad.

comin kiddo

fuck me

>>Also, what happens to the shortcut from the Chaos covenant if you abandon it? Does it stay open?
It stays open, but be sure to open it before changing covenant.
>Also also, is Pyromancy's damage output entirely dependant on your weapon or does INT come into play?
It's the level of the flame plus any damage increasing items.
>Also also also, is there any reason to limit your SL if you plan to only PvE?
If you go very high or stay very low you won't get gravelorded in NG+.

You guys are never satisfied.

he's a sharp lad, not an edgy one

Signs down in front of the gate

The DLCs were good though

Idea: Grub Infested Tail

It's a whip and each hit bleeds for 33, and the WA applies bleed inducing-maggots like the grubmen in CotD.

From cutting off the tail of a really big grub infested enemy.

This ight sound dumb but how do you even kick? I completely forgot about the non-lethal actions.

Cheers. I don't play in co-op so that won't be much of an issue

Gravelorded?

And you should expect better standards of companies you like

Those grubs are fucking stupid. The last thing we need are players using them.

shelltastic/10

What sword is on your back?

>Gravelorded?

>cutting off a tail
yeah there's no chance they'll ever introduce mechanics like that again. can't let you have too much content, baka

Yes but it's a whip so it would be a dank meme weapon for dank fuckery.

That's a really pessimistic outlook on the dlc.

The areas looked good and played really well considering I was fearing it was going to be mostly a flat field. The level design had a lot of physical shortcuts and was interconnected really well at several points. Despite being technically speaking 'just' one continuous level, it still had what would be considered at least 4 independent levels in Demon's Souls / Dark Souls 1.

The enemies were a mixed bag. On one hand the puppers and crow people were a fucking joke, the Femtos, Followers and Millwood knights were very worthy enemies,to say nothing of Sir Vilhelm who is probably now my current favorite NPC fight in Souls,surpassing Satsuki and Ricard.

NPC black phantoms or other players?
I play offline.

Best catalyst for casting blessed weapon at 15 fth?

carthus curve greatsword the only carthus weapon you can use without being a faggot shitter playing on autopilot

I would assume one that requires 15 or under faith, user

R1 and forward on the joystick at the same time, slightly less smooth then in 3

How can Vilheim be your favorite? He barely does or says anything. Nothing and no one in the dlc felt substantial at all.

>invade world
>host, 3 white phantoms and a host friendly red phantom all holding whips.
>thirty youtube videos of this by every popular meme artist.

No thanks.

>pontiff gankers unironically using CE

>is it possible to make a ninja turtle
DS2 had a good turtle armor but in DS3 you'd either have to use the Cleric chest or have a shield on your back

It's an online feature. Another player that is a Gravelord can infect your world with black phantoms. To get rid of the phantoms you have to find a Gravelord sign in your world to invade and defeat the gravelord to get rid of the BPs.

Sounds beautiful

2's DLC were good though?
Save maybe Ivory King because it introduced the worst area in Souls

>How can Vilheim be your favorite? He barely does or says anything

The NPC with the biggest fucking monologue in history, who heals himself via miracles on you, uses a new edgy weapon and tries to dark hand you?

The feature was that it never fucking worked.

They should have tried again in 3. The netcode is way better and could have been good this time.

valorheart with llwellyn on back? green chubby guy?

Speak for yourself, you just have to be in NG+. I have got gravelorded multiple times. Right now my lower undead burg and TotG are even perma gravelorded.

undead gundyr, at gate

last one cuz rolling off the chair

at least horsecock valley was optional

stop posting reddits

Ah yes, you just wanted a husbando who'd kiss you, why didn't you say so before you gay faggot?

>content you paid for is optional

user....

Whipping a torch out scares the grubs off

>Havel armor spawns at a location you have no reason to return to
>Cr8n armor spawns at a location you have DOUBLE no reason to return to because you already did return there even though you had no reason to
What is this shit? Fucking kill yourself

You payed for the base game didn't you? Do you complain about optional areas and bosses in that for being optional in payed content?

I gotta embrace the memes! I gotta sniff the memes! I gotta lick the memes! I gotta wash the memes! I gotta date the memes! I gottaBE THE MEMES!

NPC fights in the Souls series(not counting NPC invasions) are usually either kind of trivial since you're almost invariably more powerful than them or they don't say anything like in DS1 since hollowed.

The notable exceptions are Satsuki, Burger King, Vilhelm and Hawkwood.
Hawkwood is a good fight, but his dragon shit is cringey, Satsuki is a good and fast fight but he's only really threatening in his BP form. Old Burger King is the bee's knees but most of his difficulty comes from having an asston of hp.

Garl Vinland I'd say is still the best but he's presented as a legit bossfight.

OH FUCK IT'S CLAIRE

Please stop posting about yourself already

>implying his pre fight moment is a better one than BP Ostrava, chaos bug Solaire, Lautrec gank squad, Cr8 & P8 stand off or wheelchair hoontah

You might just have bad taste

>Watching streamers

See?

t. Claire

>walk up
>spam R1
>run to them and spam R1when they inevitably go try to heal
>stunlock and backstab them infinitely until they die

wow real engaging

thanks nana for tagging along

was fun

except for the ocelote part

Just carry a torch on all builds at all times forever!!!!!

Good strat bruh

I wish the valorheart primarily used thrusting attacks, like an actual gladius

claire killed me one of these days in the arena

thanks for the update Claire :D

t. Claire