Selling GM rides in Europe

What are the odd this would work/not work? Would you trade your German ride for a Caddy? Would you check out the Camaro/Corvette? Would you consider a Silverado over an Alaskan/Amarok?

Be sincere, Veeky Forums

The only thing I've owned which was GM-branded was a widowmaker jack that failed to lift the car.
GM as a brand has no power here. They can't even sell american cars here, and have to rebadge Daewoos.

>have to rebadge deawoos
that was Chevrolet and when these faggots started to sell well, they left. I still don't get it.
They sell Opel/Vauxhalls since the second world war and it works, so why not the others? Also the market is slowly opening to pick-up trucks, there's a move to do.

no, it'll take a long time before europe considers any chevy or caddy, they have zero prestige over there

Nope. Too big, too cheaply made, too much of a dodgy spare parts supply. We already get all the compact and midsize Buicks as Opels anyway, or the other way around. Also they've comprehensively ruined their image here by buying Daewoo and putting Chevy badges on those terrible citycars.

opel cars are still made fun everyone by their shit quality . but overall, made in usa, stands for shitty quality , thats why no one buys them in here , and you have rebadge them as daewoods

There already sell all those in Europe (except the silverado) and no one buys them because a. they're too expensive and b. they're shit.

No, I like my twingo.

Why bother? They're content in their ignorant little 1.2L diesel shitbox world, let them be ignorant

>thinks his concept of hurp barges would work everywhere in the world because he's literally never left his country and possibly not even his state
>calls others ignorant

Euro and American cars are pretty evenly spaced in the reliability spectrum. The Japanese brands are the ones who are consistently on top.

you can buy corvettes and camaros here.
see one on my commute every day and yesterday saw four Z6 at the Ring.
the rest are just Opels anyways.

no

>does nothing but slam another's country
>gets flustered when the courtesy is returned

>jap reliability

Some Buicks are just rebadged Opels. I think OP was more referring to trucks, SUVs and larger non-Opel based sedans.

>Falling for the Asian meme

Yet Jap cars are still more reliable than Euro cars. What does that say about Euro cars?

>Asians simply can't compete

>SPOON FEED ME MOMMY
>Asian memes

theres no prestige in the brands, they are cheap though, but thats because they are in every way

>p-plz no bully!!!!11

>this buttflustered round eye can't stand Jap superiority

>projecting

>and it works
The Vauxhall Zafira keeps catching fucking fire.

quite a lot of the jap cars sold in europe are made in the uk

DELET THIS

>not owning a car

>projecting
Stay anal mad with your Jap shit

Post your Pepe when Brit built Jap cars are better than "superior" German meme machines.

mods get these hotheads outta here

See
Stay BTFO

>literally triggered
JUST

They're too expensive here. Gas prices may play a part, but mostly because taxes and fees more than double the price compared to the US. If a Ford Mustang were the same price here as in the US, it would be extremely popular, I'm sure. But they start at 93k USD, and then you might as well get a Porsche Cayman.

They are cheaper in the uk, they feel a bit tacky though, the build quality and materials feel cheap to me.

I think it's weird when Euros complain that cars like Mustang and Camaros don't have interiors as nice as C63s and S6s. They're $27,000 cars here while those other two cost $70,000-$100,000. That's like complaining that your VW Polo doesn't have an interior as nice as a Mercedes E-Class.

It's not the same as complaining about a VW Polo at all because you know that you're getting an econobox when you're buying a Polo. A Mustang or Camaro comes off super pretentious with its angry and domineering look, and in the end it's just a cheap shitheap with a big engine in it. Euro cars are styled for what they are, not what they wish they'd be.

Never been inside a polo, but if its anything like a golf it'll be solid and well laid out, the mustang just felt shoddy.

Chevrolet is korea tier in europe

>ford rustang
>cheap materials and build quality
Kek that's a Ford for you

Camaro is $45k for the 2L in yurop (v8 is $55k)

They sell Cadillacs and other GM shit here and no it doesn't work. The only thing that sells is Opel/Vauxhall.

pic related

i would, i did and a lot of people did the same, sales are slowly rising so GM keep doing what you doing getting better and better everyday, can't wait the day i will be able to afford a brand new caddy

Depends on the country actually, please don't mix up all of them. There's some faggot from Norway or wherever constantly complaining that they're 100k, and prices here in Germany are similar to yours, if not a little lower.

But it's the same thing ... ... ... ...

>muh badge

Opel is designed and built in europe though.

Camaros and Mustangs aren't pretentious, they're just supposed to be cheap cars with big engines that give them a lot of performance at a super low price. Thinking they're pretentious is solely a European thing. Half the people that drive them here are people in their 20s who just want to go fast. Would you rather them be styled to look bland just for the sake of being bland? That's retarded.

I actually saw a few Cadillacs when I was in Germany and a fair share of Mustangs. No where near as many as there were BMWs or Audis but that's to be expected.

And that's the problem with American design, you're so desperate to avoid looking bland that all your cars end up looking completely gaudy and over the top.

Cars like these are proof that performance cars don't have to look extreme to the max.

Also whenever I see a modern muscle car in Germany it's driven by an old guy with grey hair in what I presume to be a pension crisis. "I'm old, I've worked hard, I deserve something silly now!"

That looks dull as fuck.

I think this looks bland.

You cannot compare a 2 door sports car in looks to a sedan. These car are competing in two very different segment.

I think you're teenagers but you will grow up eventually.

DUDE, HOOD BULGE WITH USELESS PLASTIC RIBS ACROSS

Do you honestly think the SS looks "gaudy and over the top"?
It's practically a sleeper.

Nah, the SS is alright, but on the other hand it's not been designed by Americans.

Postin' one of the worst offenders (50 grand for the egoboost, 100+ for the veeate)

And BMW's M lineup for comparison

You could literally get a Cayman and a pretty nice daily for the same money as the Mustang GT here

i would love to have one of those big Murrikan SUVs

>tfw was driving to a three-way intersection in a generic europoor econobox and had to make way for a turning lincoln like the yuropeasant I am

Don't like hood bulges try this.

I drove a 98 Suburban for the first time this arvo (Aus)

It's like being in control of a barn or a tractor or something. Like, it's not so much that feeling of being enveloped like when you're in a car, but as though there's a chair bolted on top of a shed controlled via a rudder.

Maybe the later ones got nicer though haha

welcome to import tax

to me it looks like someone tried to be "gaudy and over the top" with 2005 design elements.

its boring and looks a few years old already

But it's not an import tax when it's sold by Ford themselves, or is it?

Swiss here.
I would buy a CTS-V if they were sold here.

It's just taxes on top of taxes. 21% sales tax on top of (original price + CO2 tax) and a few other things.

That car is Australian though.

>Oversized
>Badly engineered
>Unefficiency
>Plastics everywhere
>15 cupholders
>Ugly
>Probably can't turn
I would rather own a german boring machine.

>m6 for 170k+ eurocoins
Why? In the US even the cabrio is only 120k, and that still sounds like too much in my opinion

Taxes based on CO2 emissions, then add 21% sales tax on top of that total.

going by American prices, a Porsche Cayman GT4 should be cheaper than that, and the m6 certainly doesnt compete

New cars are just stupidly fucking expensive here, except for "environmentally-friendly" bullshit like pic related.

Seriously, these things can fuck right off.

In exchange for not having those, we get plastic cars I guess.

Kek

This is why a lot of people with expensive cars register them across the border. They cost like half of what they cost here in Germany or Belgium.

Remember that one time Cadillac thought it'd be a good idea to make a Euro-only Cadillac that was itself a badge-engineered version of a heavily modified Opel Vectra?

That seems okay actually, how did it drive?

Maybe I've just mistaken it for other Cadillacs so far, but I think I'm yet to even see it on the road.

Finland here,

Big diesel trucks and SUVs(the ones that weight over 3.5(metric)tons) are a thing here. Why? They can be registered as trucks(like Scanias or Kenworths) and trucks are tax-free, also we are one of the europe´s less populated countries, so there is room to drive them. Why diesels? Fuel economy of course. Fuel is expesive as fuck, but good mpgs from a diesel engine make up for, but they are still only for enthusiasts, excluding Chevy Van, which is more or less the highest numbering US-car/truck here.

pic. "tax eviasion"-Camaro

Remember that one time Cadillac thought it would be a good idea to make a european-style ''''sports'''' sedan for the US market that was itself just a rebadged Opel Omega

It was probably GM higherups who thought that, not Cadillac themselves.

It baffles me that they thought an everyman's eurobarge would do well under an American luxury badge.

remember that one time Cadillac thought it was a good idea to totally destroy any credibility or relevance they had as a luxury brand

Why is the GT double the price? Emission taxes?

I'm curious to see how well the Mustang will here in Britbongistan. I don't think there's any new car that can compete with in terms of looks and performance, and if it does well maybe we'll be getting Camaros and Challengers. Offering those cars at a cheap price is how GM can make inroads here.

>Why is the GT double the price? Emission taxes?
Nailed it. Fun cars = more CO2 = EVIL.

German here, I see maybe 10 Cadillacs or Mustangs a year.

Well, to be fair that occurred under one of the 10 worst corporate CEO's in history. Not GM history, world history.

The suburban I drove made me feel like I was the king daddy. I was able to intimidate people to make way. A person cut me off while I was doing 70mph and a moment later I heard that shitheap start to scream as he tried to accelerate out of my path (when people slower than me cut me off, I only let off the gas and creep on them until they speed up or move. I don't use brakes for assholes unless an accident is inevitable). Suburban's are the behemoths of the road. Their V8 only option makes them rumble with more power than anything less of a sports car. They are glorious god machines.

>dull colored fangs to match her dull colored teeth

kek

that being said, fucken saved

Whenever I get tailgated by fancy brand fags or big intimidating barge fags during overtakes on the Autobahn I slowly let off the gas, especially when I pull back into the other lane and the other guy can't quite yet get past.

>prices here in Germany are similar to yours, if not a little lower
>a little lower
How much does an ecoboost Mustang cost in Germany, pray tell.

I always see Germans who claim that things are cheaper in Germany. Usually in order to justify their lower wages compared to Americans. But for cars and electronics and most consumer products it's really not the case.

Newer GM SUVs are better, but I prefer Lincoln and Lexus SUVs for comfort. Mercedes is good too, though bland.

At no point did I draw a comparison to the US price, only the $45k price that the other person dropped. For your information it's $35,800 before sales tax and $42,600 afterwards which is less than $45k and leaves me with a correct previous statement.

retards don't know that they're just pawns in UE-NA customs war when they're protesting against TTIP..

but mustang outsold porsches and audi tt

I'm not gonna spread my butthole to good goyim American market regulations just to avoid a little customs trouble, you shit gobbling faggot.

i guess that you don't understand that americans drive them everyday like we do polos and other shit, and whats wrong with performance, design, rwd, manual, v8 thats like saying mitshubishi evo is trying to be a sports car becouse it's a sedan and its cheap on the inside and outside they only put some hard work in the 4wd system, gearbox and engine

As if anyone in the US actually daily drives a manual.