Florida Veeky Forums Meet

Every time I see a Florida meet thread it just dies and nothing happens. I think that we should actually have a meetup, because I'm sure there are plenty anons in FL. I see all these other threads, /hou/, /norcal/.
I live in Jacksonville, but I'd be willing to drive a few hours.
I was thinking that we could go to The Compound and just hang out and race and fuck around there. The compound is an area in Palm Bay with about 200 miles of roads that is completely undeveloped. I've gone down there once before and I had a great time. The police just kind of leave it alone as long as nobody dies.
Is anybody up for something like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Compound
titanpad.com/ZvBLxAoAjq
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also here's a wikipedia page on it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Compound

We had a Miami meet last December and got 6 or 7 people with really heavy promoting. A bunch more said they would come but backed out at the last minute.

Then somebody tried to do a Central FL meet and I think 2 or 3 dudes on bikes showed up even though they had a bunch of threads going and did a good job promoting it.

Then somebody else tried to do another South Florida meet a couple months ago and didn't keep a thread on Page 1 and nobody showed up.

I think the only hope for a decent FL meet is to do a South Florida one in Dade or Broward and promote the hell out of it for a couple months prior. A few of the people at the first one would probably show up and maybe we could convince some of the anons who pussied out of the first one to show up.

Good luck.

I would like a Dade/Broward meet because I'm selfish although the Compound is fun too.

I'm willing to drive a few hours. It just seems like most people from FL don't post or have no interest in this.

i'd go to a central florida meet but im not drivin 1hr+

>Then somebody tried to do a Central FL meet and I think 2 or 3 dudes on bikes showed up even though they had a bunch of threads going and did a good job promoting it.

Like 10 threads and a kik group and this was it.

You would be suprised, there are a lot of people who lurk on Veeky Forums. But some of them are only on for a few min a day or once in awhile so you need to keep it bumped and plan it like a month or two in advance.

I'm lazy too though, I don't feel like driving to Orlando or whatever the fuck it is. That's why the Central Florida one sucked even though it seemed like a good idea because it is

It might be kind of stupid, but I made this thing so we can keep track of how many people are interested. I remember we had something like this for the one time we tried.
titanpad.com/ZvBLxAoAjq
I just put my car, location and how far im willing to go
feel free to add anything else if you want
That's pretty shit. I think we just need to get more promotion because I think the more people who say they will go, the more traction it can get.

Yeah that kinda sucks. I'm not suprised that recent South Florida one fell through because they only had like 2 threads and it was always on Page 5. But the Broward and Dade people aren't trying to drive 3hrs each way for that.

Good luck. We had another like 5 people who said they would for sure be at the first Miami one but backed out at the last minute.

It's hard to plan with all the "anonymous" shit. Plus a lot of people will show up late if they have to work and stuff. I wanted to have a BBQ at the first meet but I'm glad I didn't buy burgers for 25 people.

Eh, it was fun. We just fucked around for a few hours. Hopefully this one doesn't totally fall through, since I'll go as long as it's not in fucking Miami or something. A 4 hour ride would piss me off.

From past attempts there's a Florida Veeky Forums Kik chat that a lot of us hang out in. Good bants, etc

Sent ;)

I dont have a car now but id go to Palm Bay for a meet up as I live in South Florida.

The compounds are a pretty neat spot to have a meet. You can hoon for days and have a lovely barbecue. Pic related

I'm the guy with the white ninja in Even though it was just the three of us, we still had quite a lot of fun. But part of the reason why there's so little attendance is that no one wants to drive for hours and arrive with no one at the meet. Floridians have the preconception that everyone will flake.

There's an idea in the Kik group chat about having local meets to generate interest and promote a larger statewide one. Regardless, heavy promotion needs to occur, and I'll admit for the one I went, we could've done better in that regard.

Anyone who's interested in a meet should join the Kik chat. Makes it easier to communicate ideas and information.

Who /Miami/ here? We could try to setup a meet at Arcade Odyssey again to play Initial D

It would be cool to do it somewhere a little bigger with food and drinks, but places like D&B probably wouldn't have it and you can't get out of there without spending $50 on game credits alone.

Flannigans (or Sports Grill) ayyyy

Post the hektik skid gif/webm,sir.

jesus christ I remember the threads for this meet

didn't you guys drive to arcade and play initial D all night?

I don't have it

We met up at the park and chilled there for awhile bullshitting, then went to this hot dog joint down the street, then cruised over to the arcade for a while.

If we do it again, no noon start time. We were thinking about going to Wynwood after the arcade but it was like 9pm and most people were beat from meeting so early, especially dudes who came from St. Pete. I would rather meet at 4pm or 5pm.

Hey pepsi nigger why dont you join the kik group?

>tfw noone /swfl/

I remember. I was the one saying you guys should come up to the North GA mountains and plan a real meet (with good reads).

speaking of good roads, did you guys ever drive the only decent road in SoFlo?

the best way to promote a meet is on facebook, it's what everyone uses these days to organize car meets. just make a facebook group and spam it for a couple weeks.

Normie detected

i dont even have a facebook, but in the last couple months i realized i was so out of the loop on car meetups because people only post them on facebook. just make a fake account for your car so you can follow local groups and drivers

Can't find the group. Does it still exist?

I'll get around to it

Nah we didn't even go out west. We needed a bigger pack of shitboxes for that.

And North Georgia would be like a 12hr drive. No way. You have to remember how far Miami is from like I-75 and the GA border. Miami to Chicago is like 22-24hrs and Atlanta is right about the halfway point.

It should still work? OP was able to join using the code.

Wynwood is cool but the problem would be parking.

>Nah we didn't even go out west

This road is in SoFlo in Homestead, like 10 mins from Miami

I know, but you guys gotta hit the mountain one day . . one day

im central florida am willing to drive for a meet

Join de kik group

bumping with florida circuit
>tfw no touge

Good luck getting people to come up there.

>swamp

good luck with those mosquitoes mayne

That would be cool, but I bet that it's mainly slow traffic.

>Dade and Broward
>no Palm Beach

I'll go if it's in Broward as im not driving all the way down to Miami.

>tfw used to live in port st lucie and felt the drive to Miami was short

You're weak

Traffic is shit when you get to Miami.

get off before the slowdown then

reroute nigga

There's traffic everywhere along with no good roads.