Redpill me on Twin Turbo 300ZX Z32

Redpill me on Twin Turbo 300ZX Z32

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QQZQWp0C4pI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck you.

Headlights look like they were meant to be pop-up, but aren't.

well its an ugly pigfat unreliable hard to work on piece of shit

That's why lamborghini used them on the diablo

had great performance for it's day and was as complicated as an exotic. So you have something that is as reliable as a 20 year old ferrari, possibly harder to work on, but at the end of the day is just a datsun.

Basically hard to work on but fun. Had all wheel steering with turbo so you can tackle mad turns at high speed. Interior feels like cockpit. Vg30 is reliable but good luck working in that engine bay

They looks like shitty aftermarket headlights meant for cars that originally had pop ups

pretty much this, after owning one I wouldn't buy another unless I could afford to pay someone else to fix it when it breaks

Fuck you in the face. You moist nigger.

As an owner, yeah they're tough to work on and are tight in the engine bay but with enough patience and time, not to mention money and proper tools its not as bad as a lot of people make them out to be. Just do a lot of homework, you'll be fine.

I love my Z32 and wouldn't trade it for anything.

My friend bought one with low miles that a rich guy owned.

Something keeps breaking in it, he won't tell us what but it's been in the shop at least 3 times since 2013. Lately, something fuck ups in his car when the turbos exceed 1 psi or something like that

No fuel cut defender maybe? Some jap cars will need one to run more than 1 bar for a few seconds.

why the fuck hide it? do people do this? is he embarrassed?

>Sleep tight, little Datsun

I would do a flip up swap just because this looks so much better

I never realized how much better a 300zx looks with pop ups
What was Nissan thinking when they designed it?

>quad cam
>3500 lbs
>cost to maintain out the ass

Could've had a V8 vette . . . or mark 4 Supra

>What was Nissan thinking when they designed it?

safety . . it's always for safety

probably a lot easier said than done unfortunately

I think the stock headlights look amazing but this actually looks just as good. Surprising.

Find me one of those for $6-8k

With the cost of owning a twin turbo z, you're better off just saving for either of the cars he mentioned

What is this cost you're talking about? Parts cost the same as any other Japanese car.

>he thinks because something is cheap it stays cheap

You will pay out the ass for this Z, more than the other two.

Vettes are cheap and if you want a supra wait 2 years and import one.

Just like anything on the 300zx.

>complains about weight
>says to buy c5 or supra
HAHAHAHAHHA
>supra turbo 3,400lb
>c5 3,300lb
>z32 turbo 3,300 lb
This is why you never listen to faggots on Veeky Forums.
Can make 550whp with basic upgrades and e85. Reliable once you get a nistune and upgraded oil pan. Handles well. Not the hardest car to work on but not easy. Can be expensive to maintain like ANY 90's jap. sports car that is now 27 years old. Source: I've owned a ton of them.

Imagine the most cramped engine bay you can. Now imagine it's even more cramped.

What do you people think needs to be regularly accessed on the side of the engine? Boost and fuel lines are easy to reach. Everything on top and front is easy to reach. The only thing that's harder to get to is the turbos, and those aren't even that bad once you drop the DP.

>HAHAHAHAHHA

I don't care for any of 3, but the Nissan will in fact be the more expensive to operate vehicle.

Z32 turbo with Hicas is 3500lbs +

Are you saying it isn't a cramped engine bay?

It is not. You're talking about the convertible and the horrible 1996 model. The 2+0 is 3,300 Pic is a VERT with a TT swap and full interior, a/c etc.

I'm saying what does it matter? What does it stop you from working on that is so much easier on other performance cars?

Again, please list the maintenance items on the Z that will make a $7k car cost as much as a $25k car within two years. $18k worth of repairs that will not have to be done on the Supra or the Vette. Go on, I'll wait.

There won't be. Our shop can build you a 800whp Z for that price. With almost all completely new parts.

The fact that you need the hands of a small child to do anything, otherwise half the engine needs to come apart for simple maintenance items

>talking out of his ass
I work on them almost every day for work. This is completely incorrect.

>$25k

>what is vette
>what is import

You've obviously done little research on the Z so buy it. Your ignorance will be bliss for a short while, I assure you.

A supra will still cost 25k, imported or not
Please answer anons question about all the expensive maintenance items pls

>thinks he'll import a mkIV for less than $25k
>thinks a non z06 corvette with worth a shit
Poor people are hillarious.

You are avoiding the question. Let's say it's $20k. Or we live in the future where you can import Supras legally (the price won't go down, just like being able to import z32s hasn't driven their price down any). My question still stands.

> Get payed to work on them
> Can charge out the ass for hours because of their inherently poor design
I wonder who could be behind this

youtube.com/watch?v=QQZQWp0C4pI

look a bit like a bigger sw20 from the front

Do you even know the labor hours for 90's jap cars and eurobeats? The 300zx is basically on par with its competition. And the corvette falls apart like lincoln logs.

nobody said anything about corvettes

>mfw I have small tiny bitch hands
Should I get the z31 then lads? I assume cramped bay shouldn't be so bad, it's not like I'll be doing major stuff. Looking to get an NA version anyway.

imagine finding underhood room for popups

Sleep tight, little Datsun!

Sleep tight, litte Datsun

The NA Z32 has a lot more room to work with than the TT. I guess that's not saying much, but it is roomier for a beginner to wrenching.

What about the z31?

No personal experience with those. They are pretty cool too though. You'll definitely want a turbo one, IMO.

I'm pretty young so if I can pick up an NA, then I might not get *as* fucked on insurance. I figure something slow is fine to learn on (going into college) and I can get a new car later or turbo it myself. How much hp does the stock NA make again?

Who said c5?

I think it's his driving habits combined with it being a 20 year old nissan. He really does take good care of the car but his driving habits aren't helping whatever is 20 years old and needs replacing.

sleep tight little datsun :3

that version is a girls car.

Sleep tight, little Datsun