/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #439

"Hellaween" Edition #2

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11273878
strawpoll.me/11269929
strawpoll.me/11332383
strawpoll.me/11332384
strawpoll.me/11407677

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not the bee agaaaaaaain!

Three more pictures in the moon story.

Not the bees!

god this picture is painful to me it looks so sad.

They are ok now.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Max is #1

Hella ok.

Did Kate have a happy childhood?

I don't see why not. She seems to have a loving father, and a mother who wants to see her do well. No idea how old Alice is though or if she's Kate's first bunny.

Looks like Chloe has a stand

>mfw I caught myself saying "hella" unironically

and english is not even my main language

Please no more dead Chloes (Unless it's obviously a Halloween Costume).
We don't want Max coming here and panicking.

Ok, last one.

I really like this one. The colors, the layout, and a subtle hint ot the Bae ending with the torn photo.

Halloween date in the junkyard. Rachel convinced Max it would be a great idea to take Chloe there.

Max is a good person!

[imagery overload]

She's un-dead ok.

And a great idea it was. Pic related: Max and Chloe getting... "spooky".

Max is not dead!

Tired of dumping.

Ending tonight on comfy.

Reminder that there's a lot of Halloween art in the previous thread.

Costumes, duh!

>tfw when there's a equivalent in my language that's even phonetically very similar and colloquially acceptable

Rach really knows how to set a mood. Plus she knows good spots to take photos, which will of course come to Max's mind when she sees that good of an opportunity.

Rachel also knows what happens when Max and Chloe are given such a nice moment and left alone. What a good friend she is to them.

Thanks for the pics, user! Now that Halloween has passed hopefully we see more fall, winter, and Christmas art.

Why she's not wearing pants?

Rachel convinced Chloe it would be a great idea for her to meet Max without pants. (It was.)

Does Max call Chloe Chlo? I'm bad at nicknames.

"Babe", "honey". :)

Chlo is a good nickname. Just don't go with Che and you're good.

It's artistic. Max is taking shots of her girlfriend.
It's late and nobody else will show up.

There will be more Halloween art tomorrow! I have a lot left, and as far as I know, there's still a contest running too, so it'd be a waste not to post those at least.

Spooky dreams y'all.

No link to last time because frequent filers won't need it.

*****PLEASE NOTE ALL FICTIONAL CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY ARE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE*****

“Awesome” Chloe followed. After a bit of rooting around, the mostly full bottle was found in the back of the refrigerator. “Score” Chloe’s eyes lit up. “But where are my manners? Ladies first.”

“Yeah ok, kick off my Sunday shoes” Max took a sip, and then, feeling brave, took a larger swig. She couldn’t help but let out a small cough, the liquor burning her throat. This seemed to amuse Chloe to no end, as evidenced by her outburst of laughter. “Oh stop it Chlo”

Chloe composed herself. “Let me show you how it’s done, Max” she boasted. Chloe threw her head back and tipped the bottle before stopping suddenly. “Wait”

“What?” Max replied, thinking Chloe was reconsidering her brag.

“You have to chant, Max”

“What?”

“You have to chant my name while I do it.”

“Why?

“I don’t know. To psych me up. Just do it” Chloe commanded, before tipping the bottle back once more and beginning to swallow.

“Chloe Chloe Chloe” Max began, feeling silly. “Chloe Chloe Chloe” she continued, impressed. “Chloe Chloe Chloe” her voice became louder and quicker with each repetition. “Chloe Chloe Chloe” The bottle was nearly empty, and Max was nearly shouting. “Chloe Chloe Chloe” The last of the liquor disappeared down Chloe’s throat, and Max cheered. “Yeahhhh”.

“Fuckkkkkkkkkkk” Chloe wheezed, exhaling the contents of her lungs.

“Damn!” Max exclaimed, genuinely impressed by her girlfriend’s prowess.

>It's late and nobody else will show up.

i sure hope they're happy

>Che
How did this start as an affectionate nickname? Doesn't Max call her that when she says something stupid and quasi-revolutionary?

Though odds are >90% Chloe has a Guevara t-shirt.

what language and what's the word?

Life is Strange is way too beautiful. I cannot contain my emotions and I'm so overwhelmed that it makes me actually cry.

This artist draws everyone well except Chloe looks like a little kid all the time

dead is strange

Your dumping is super appreciated! I really do love you for doing this. Thank you so much.

Jeffershit is in prison.

>"Babe", "honey". :)
I don't think so at all.. Max isn't someone to say those words imo.

I think you should stick to Chloe considering despite knowing each other all that time and being so close she's only called her Chloe.

>Jefferson shows up
>But because Chloe's legs are exposed, he goes off on a tirade about how it's a perfect fitting aesthetic to have her exposed like some slut against all this other discarded garbage in the junkyard, and that Max has ruined her innocence by perving the fuck out of leggy Chloe. He does this while holding a gun to them instead of just ninja drugging/shooting.

Max rewinds time and they counter-ambush Jefferson instead.

This is an example of Chaos theory (small change - Chloe is no longer wearing pants) having a large impact.

With a mother like Kate's I don't see there being much fun in her childhood.

Thanks for showing your well wishes. They certainly are happy.
There were some rough times the last three years, and there still will be hard days, but Max and Chloe are fine. Both have bright futures ahead of them.

Strict does not necessarily mean unloving. But I do think that Kate and her mother need to have a serious talk about what happened, and if her mother cannot accept that Kate made a mistake and was a victim- then perhaps Kate should not speak to her mother for a while.
Maybe Mr. Marsh would speak to his wife.

This is an absolutely beautiful shot. Something taken by Max that would end up in a gallery.

warren's halloween outfit

Weird
Was that something Brooke talked him into doing?

Brookate is second only to DanaXJuliet (and Pricefield, of course!!)

The best ending. Rachel is really a Vampire and cannot be killed by normal means. She saves Max and Chloe, they become friends, she is honest with Chloe bout everything, plus her new transformation gives her very interesting eyes/skin that photographers love.

Max is cute!

''You're looking too skinny, Max''

I really think this kind of drinking thing is a thing men do mainly now that I think about it more.

How butch are max and Chloe really?
Would they have become more butch in these three or four years?
Am I unfairly stereotyping?

What does Alice think of Kate's family?

I don't think they will ever be 'butch' or 'femme'. They would just be the same dork Max & Chloe that they always have been.

They're Alice's family as well. So she loves them even if she doesn't always agree with them.

Not really Halloweeny themed, but here's some OC. Haven't rendered much LIS stuff lately.

Someone suggested a few threads back that I could make something Pricefield based set in the rain. I basically had this in mind, but with a rainy scene ... but I ended up liking this background HDRI a bit too much.

Very nice, user.

Looks great.
It is you, Renderanon! Just checked your Tumblr! Welcome back!

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

They ate too much candy, had a sugar high, used all their energy up, and then fell onto the couch to sleep like logs. Hope their dreams are as sweet as the treats they got.
Goodnight, /lisg/.

>Slightly butch Chloe.
My aesthetic to be honest.

Yeah, I felt like the ending was a complete letdown. You have the option to (a) undo every decision you ever made or (b) let hundreds of people die. It's like the writers heard about that "men on two train tracks" philosophical quandary and decided to make a game about it, only with 10 hours of preamble.

The bait-and-switch of choice presented in Life is Strange is terrible and reminiscent of Mass Effect 3. Nothing you did mattered, the ending disregards all of your actions, and it doesn't reflect the cause-and-effect nature of the rest of the game. For me the ending is paramount and when it's THIS bad, it stains the rest of the experience.

I know most of you love this game so I won't go on any longer, but I was seriously let down and needed to vent.

>Reminder that Mychel ironically praised the mass effect 3 ending.
Just in case you needed more proof he was a moron.

>let hundreds of people die.
michel's intention may be that, but presentation says different (10 ppl ded at worst). but with this damage,presentation you hardly can say EVERYONE died.

>I know most of you love this game
most of us loved this game and hated endings.but we're still here for chloe max kate's sake anyway

Judging by the damage the Arcadia Bay Tornado is an EF 3 at best. It did not kill hundreds of people.
But even if it killed anyone it's still tragic, but not in a way that Max should feel responsible/guilty about refusing to give up her own love and happiness to try to prevent something she didn't know she was linked to.
Every here agrees with you though: The ending was a crap way to end the game, did not make any sense logically, and was just torturing the characters and calling it something deep. In reality it's entirely shallow and has Max/Chloe not been hit with the stupid-stick by the writers in Episode 4 (And onwards) they would have found a better ending.

Don't feel bad about venting. Over a year later and people here are still doing it on a regular basis.

>((Mychel)) ironically praised the mass effect 3 ending
i'm not surprised tbqh

me on the right

How was your Halloween lisg?

We don't celebrate Halloween in my country.

What do you celebrate then?

New Year's Day, Carnival, Tiradentes, Labour Day, Easter, Independence Day, Children's Day, Day of the Dead, Republic Proclamation Day and Christmas.
And so on...

post kate lewds

Look to the bottom left and you'll see Kate's little tootsie toes.

>kate's little tootsie toes

>Kate having a dream about Max forcing herself on her
Not sure how I feel about this.

this is so lovely

Chloe will become a SuicideGirl model someday.

She'll be having similar dreams about Chloe soon.

While I applaud Kate exploring her obvious repressed lesbian sexuality, but it would be nice if her fantasies were less rapey and more mutually loving.

Kate's a natural submissive. She wants a strong woman to take charge of her.