/vn/ - Two memes for the price of one Edition

Visual Novel General #1231

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/ (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

Previous threads:
This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/twit_chu/status/765934997744123904
libraryshepherd.tumblr.com/
reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/4qwtrj/daitoshokan_translation_resumed_and_nearly_90_done/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for best girl

whew

TL?

Daily Reminder

Too bad they won't put out the statistics for those.

I will unironically be buying his game even though I don't like moege that much.

The ChuableSoft president seems like a pretty cool guy.

From the archive:
twitter.com/twit_chu/status/765934997744123904

>Since MangaGamer announced the English version of SukiSuki, I've been getting replies and mail asking for English versions of other ChuableSoft titles, which makes me happy

This one asks "what about Sukisuki did you dislike/find unsatisfying?"
I put down "Mahiru's sluttiness. I don't think NTR is a good thing."

But user you can't NTR yourself

Well meme'd, JOP-kun

How happy is he going to be when he realizes the West is nothing but pirates?

depends if he cuts out a chunk of the game and only sells it on steam.

Funbag Fantasy apparently sold very well and that was a full price game.

SukiSuki looks much better art wise and has lots of H scenes, I'm pretty sure it'll do fine.

It probably won't meme off like PE did because it won't have a Steam release, but 2k+ sales is perfectly good

Moe almost always sells, user

I feel bad posting this now that I know about the one armed user.

>I know about the one armed user.
fapping must be hell

can't wait for mg to pick this up, desu. it was a fun read and koku's art is amazing.

libraryshepherd.tumblr.com/

holy shit
someone was translating daitoshokan?

If it's the same guy as last time I'm pretty sure that translation is confirmed garbage

>man slut protag
No thank you.

Quof confirmed the translation to be shit.

Huh he actually finished. He started like two and a half years ago and took a 6 month break in between if i remember right. Judging by how fast he does things in general I wouldnt expect it until March at least.

What was so bad about his translation? Was he straight up getting things wrong or something or was just the prose just sloppy?

Dunno. It's just something I heard awhile back when it first started. I don't know if it's actually true or not.

Outside of the usual bitching, there were some parts that were just plain wrong. It's not the best or worst translation out there, I would just forget about it and be surprised if it does come out.

Holy shit this looks good

almost done with √w, just the grand ending left. wtf is going on

also if I want to play monster girl quest, can I skip to the latest RPG thing or do I have to play them all?

This is why you should buy hapymaher even if it's shit. Or at least I am in hopes of getting it.

I'm buying it out of a hate boner for Sekai, not because I want either game.

ChronoClock is only 43% done and it's been in progress for well over a year, and Sekai promised it would be out by January? Yeah, right. Sure. Fuck you, Dovac.

reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/4qwtrj/daitoshokan_translation_resumed_and_nearly_90_done/
Here's some talk about it. Quof really goes in.

So how bad is this on a scale from 0-10, JOPs?

Might as well use a MT.

I'm terrible at Japanese and I could only really read the third line quickly enough to reply to this post but it is kind of weird how he translated it, kind of adds a lot of stuff but I don't know shit about translations

hold on a fucking minute

did saber just actually do something all by herself? without needing help?

Third line is just plain wrong. It should be "At one point in time I just suddenly started seeing them."

>One of my favourite games. I hope the translation preserves the humour well enough for the west to fall in love too.

I don't see him tearing it apart, not denying it has problems though.

Following the conversation in the
>Aw damn, that's pretty bad. Well, I hope people still manage to enjoy it.
Area. You have to unhide some deleted messages I think to see the rest of the convo

Go to the part where he's talking to the guy about SnK. It's pretty obvious he thinks it's shit.

Yeah damn Quof really went hard on that guy

It's to be expected I guess when the subject matter is one of your favorite titles, and a poor translation may cause a lot of people to get the wrong impression of said title.

Can't believe I missed the Chicagoposting by an hour

Too busy dodging bullets?

used goods

turns out I picked the right game for halloween

N-no thanks

Anyone else hate decensoring? It's usually so poorly drawn that I wish it was censored.

I just started Noble Works and I can already say she's best girl.

Not really. Shitty looking mosaic, shitty looking genitals--it's all the same to me.

At least in some cases you can get some nice genitals.

yes, there are some really bad offenders out there

>vulva is 1 foot long

The only thing I hate is all the fucking moeblobs.
Literally ever character in most of these vns looks exactly the same with just a template hair change/color.

the cost of achieving perfection

I miss they days when japs actually put time into their visuals, instead of just slapping some huge eyes, a dot nose and lip lines on a same face.

The only positive things I can say about the TL are that he's an English native speaker and that in the year or so he's been translating he's probably gotten better at Japanese so the final parts aren't quite as bad.

i prefer it censored, even when it's drawn okay-ish

>instead of just slapping some huge eyes, a dot nose and lip lines on a same face.
Eh. You had a large amount of sameness back in the day too, it was just a different kind of homogeneity.

The anime artstyle has just shifted to a style which is decidedly less detailed, and it's easier to make out the sameface.

Why are short VNs so much better than longer ones?

Writer not being paid/told to write more than necessary.

It's definitely gonna feel weird seeing people discuss the translated version. If anyone ever says "Daitoshokan wasn't funny" or something like that, it'll be tempting to think "that's just because of the translation". I won't bully people about it though.

Please Bang My Wife

Thank you for not fucking with the OP.

I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out, though. Shit translations deserve to be called out. And I say that as a EOP. I don't think there's anything particularly elitist about calling out an objectively bad translation, nor do I think that doing so robs anyone of their enjoyment. If anything, I think reading something which portrays a work in an extremely poor fashion is infinitely more offensive. It's a waste of my time and it deters any future translators from picking that title up.

Get in the fucking timemachine, Shinji Okarin

Yeah, I don't care anymore.

Sumika is so fucking ugly

You're fucking ugly, bitch.

Not as ugly as Sumika ;)

Come on man, her looks are the only thing she has going for her. If you don't acknowledge that she's pretty then you're left with a bad tempered abusive bitch with no brains, skills or reason to go on living.

I want to snip off her ahoge

The one thing about the Daitoshokan TL that really upset me was the line about reading while walking. The TL'd version says something like, "a true literature club member knows the best path to walk on is one with a book in hand", but the Japanese was actually "as a true literature club member, I was able to find a path to walk even while reading a book". I remember reading the JP and feeling really nostalgic because I myself would read books while walking, avoiding people out of the corner of my eyes. It really kicked off me empathizing and relating with the MC because I saw so much of myself in him. Yet, in the translated version, no one is going to be able to make that internal connection. If I read the TL'd version I wouldn't have made the connection. It's a small thing but it meant a lot to me.
Pointing it out is one thing, but constantly replying to posts about the game with it may be obnoxious. I'm sure everyone reading Daito would get really sick of the constant bashing of the TL no matter how justified it is. So, even if people post negative things about the game, I'll resist the urge to constantly reply with "that's because the TL is bad". Maybe someone will do it for me.

>they kept showing her in their fan discs that shes horny for yamato
>They still haven't made an after story of her yet
I want to die.

I'd rather fuck Shitzuru, & that's saying a lot.

Who ISN'T horny for Yamato.

If it makes you feel any better. Yoshitsune's true ending seems to the threesome with Benkei.

Yoshitsune's route is so terrible even Benkei ends up unlikable, though.

Are you for fucking real? I wanted Yoshitsune's route to be TL'd so bad.

Yeah, Takae's route is the one to look forward to in A-5. Margit After is also decent. Yoshitsune, however, got a route I barely managed to force myself through.

holy shit really I thought that yoshitsune route would be good because Benkei might get jealous of Yoshitsune like in Rin's route in a-4 what the hell.

Still waiting on this goddesses route to get translated

She has a ton of chemistry with Yamato like always but when it's obvious he's going to go out with Yoshitsune she starts getting really depressed and drinking too much Kawakami water to drown her sorrows. She might like Yamato but she doesn't want to fight with her master.

Yoshitsune, in contrast, has pretty much no chemistry with Yamato at all. Like remember how she was in Benkei's route? It's that, but this time there's a romance for some reason.
Her route is decent, which is better than I expected.

>Benkei getting depressed
Welp I'm going to be playing Yoshitsune's route not because of her but for benkei. I need more benkei.

How shit is the Mon after story

She does get to be part of what I think is supposed to be the true ending.
Um, it's a little boring but largely inoffensive. It's got some decent moments like Miss Marple using that rejuvenation technique Chris' dad used during a snowball fight. She's hot. For A-2 the route I couldn't get into was the robot girl route. Forget her name.

Mon also has an optional non lolicon ending where she grows up to be similar in body type to Ageha, if that interests you. So much for being totally eighteen, honest.

Oh and Mon after route has more depressed Benkei in it. She gets so depressed that she leaves the scene and doesn't appear again for the rest of the route iirc. So that's kind of sad.

Anything new since Fata Morgana?

Please Bang My Wife. It's kamige.

so is this yume miru kusuri VN any good

It's pretty good.Sempai's route falls off pretty hard at the end. Nekoko's route is a real trip. And Antoinette's route is a lot of fun. Also there's a girl who kills herself but who cares

;_;

She can't be sad, she has a cat. You can't be sad if you have a cat.

Hah. Haha.

;_;

alright cool

should I read any specific route first or do I just go with whoever I like

Aeka->Sempai->Nekoko

Am I cucking Kotetsu if I choose to go to Maya's route?

No, he really does just respect her a lot as a friend.

No he doesn't, despite his claims to the contrary. He still doesn't want to go out with her or anything.

delet

Hey there friendo, don't jump off the roof.