Looks shit

>looks shit
>shit fuel economy relative to its power
>absolutely no power
>shit interior
>sounds shit

Why are these good again?

>m-muh fun!

The price these pieces of shit are selling for used right now you can pick up a super clean E46 M3 or [insert literally any other 5-10 year old 'performance' car of your liking here] which would be just as fun and not get blown to the weeds by your average minivan.

If you insist on buying new there are any number of quick-ish cars you can pick from that aren't total garbage, any many are way cheaper, for example a Fiesta ST.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/steer-clear-what-it-takes-to-have-good-steering-in-an-electric-world/
youtu.be/488MP6ygSzQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why are you beating an already dead meme to death?

>Why are these good again?
Because they got ecoboost. That alone makes it worth owning.
Who the fuck would want to drive some gay little Fiesta ST?

You know goddamn right why the prices are what they are. Here's your (You).

>You know goddamn right why the prices are what they are. Here's your (You).
Nope, why?

I'll take a slightly slower RWD over a slightly faster FWD any day.

Name a similarly priced car with

>same or lower center of gravity
>same cheap cost of maitenance
>same weight or lower
>RWD
>roof

I'm waiting you fucking idiot

Miata

frs/brz has lower center of gravity than all miatas

only another car with a boxer engine can match it

Still better than an MD miata

Miatas don't have a roof

>MD

>Miatas don't have a roof
Are you an idiot? Miatas have roofs. Except the Cup, I think that's roofless.

You know goddamn well what we meant. A solid roof that is a structural part of the car, i.e. not a soft top or removable hard top.

Sorry I'm not a mindreader, kid. Maybe you should say what you mean and mean what you say. Is English not your first language or are you just illiterate?

>driving a ford
>driving a bmw

The CHEAPEST GT86 I can find used is a fucking riced out wreck and its £10,989, the second is crashed and is £11,490, the third has done 111,000 miles and is £11,495. To get a one that hasn't done a million miles you need £13,000 minimum.

You honestly think a BRZ/GT86/FRS is the best car you can get your hands on for £13,000? Even at half that price the list of cars you can get that shit all over the BRZ is so enormous it would be a waste of time to even start.

>m-muh new car!

First off no one buys a car new, certainly not anyone on Veeky Forums. Second, it's still way overpriced new.

duuuhhh durrr muh center of gravity duhhhrr

Prices aren't that retarded in the civilized world. High school kids here get these new as graduation presents.

Still waiting for an answer

I can't think of a car that's RWD with a low center of gravity boxer that's cheaper to maintain than a gt86.

Let me know if I'm wrong

>resorts to ad hominem before even attempting to argue
Shiggy.

It doesn't take a psychic to realize what we meant by roof in the context of comparing the BRZ and Miata.

>Prices aren't that retarded in the civilized world.

lmao kid Britain has one of the best used car markets in the world. Think of a few cars you like, go to Autotrader or Pistonheads and go get asshurt about how cheap cars over over here.

Americunts on suicide watch.

bro you can put coilovers on literally any car and lower the center of gravity

I beat a scion frs in a 1994 cavalier sedan

a boxer will always be lower than an inline engine

also do the same to the gt86 and it will still be lower

still waiting

>name a car with a roof
>this car has a roof
>no it doesn't count it doesn't fit within my own personal definition of what a roof is
Yeah no, fuck yourself, you stupid faggot. A miata has a roof and it's a better driver's car. Kill yourself.

>I beat a scion frs in a 1994 cavalier sedan
What track?

Why are these good again?

>Relatively cheap
>Reliable
>Fixed top
>Rwd
>Less than 2800lbs
>Economical
>More than 2 seats
>Low seating position
>Exceptional steering, gear box, throttle respawns
>Grounded to the ground

>>Relatively cheap
Nope
>>Reliable
So are many cars with a lot more power
>>Fixed top
Same as 99% of the cars out there
>>Rwd
Not a unique trait
>>Less than 2800lbs
Fair enough
>>Economical
Nope
>>More than 2 seats
The rear seats are useless
>>Low seating position
Not a unique trait
>>Exceptional steering, gear box, throttle response
Fair enough
>>Grounded to the ground
What?

The question is whether there's ONE car with all these criteria.

Will this shitposting ever end?

>>>Relatively cheap
>Nope

Are you poor? You can pick up a used frs/brz for $17k, thats pocket change.

How much did your parents pay for it?

>comparing price of used car to new car

Fuck off b8fag

>>Relatively cheap
Nope

I'm pretty sure the FRS is still the cheapest rwd car you can buy with a LSD. IIRC, only the base miata and 4 cylinder camaro are cheaper than the 86.

>>Reliable
So are many cars with a lot more power

Obviously the 86 isn't going to best much in terms of power.

>>Fixed top
Same as 99% of the cars out there

Not so much for new car under 3000lbs.

>>Rwd
Not a unique trait

Not unique, but it is desirable.

>>Less than 2800lbs
Fair enough

Okay

>>Economical
Nope

Yep.

>>More than 2 seats
The rear seats are useless

I use my rear seats every day for my son.

>>Low seating position
Not a unique trait

It's a unique trait for a new car under 30k

>>Exceptional steering, gear box, throttle response
Fair enough

Ok

>>Grounded to the ground
What?

The Game

Still waiting

I bought it myself.

I also own a home and make over 100k a year.

What have you done with your life user?

This

But since there's no hydraulic/manual steering, I'd never buy one

What's the point of having a fun slow car if you can't feel shit. Only one for me now.
>that livery

As a fan of TRD in WRC, this makes me sick. The gt86 doesn't deserve to wear that.

This. Just bought a used 2014 for 16.5k off the meager savings I've put together from working in highschool and college

The steering is pretty great.

The refresh is even better

> Britain has one of the best used car markets in the world

They're cheap because a pinhole sized rust spot will fail inspection and taxes get retarded on older vehicles.

>The steering is pretty great.

Electric power steering is lifeless, souless, and numb to the core

If you're a true driving enthusiast who wants to feel a true connection to your car and the road, EPS is the fucking evilest devil incarnate and will never provide any true semblance of road feel- never

Take away anything you want on my car, but don't take away steering feel (suspension dampening and throttle response comes second).

Its really fun to drive though, which frankly is the only thing that matters unless you're going to try to make a living racing.

Do you know any other adjective to describe a vehicle other than "shit"? You sound like a /v/tard.

I have been nothing but happy with mine since I got it.

an electric motor providing resistance is not road feel

I can literally feel the curvature of the road and every single piece of gravel and deviation in my NA

electric steering can never provide that, just a battery making it hardter to turn the wheel

Because the cost of ownership of an E46 M3 is totally the same has a new Subaru RWD econo sports car.

You're totally right op, you know everything. Go buy and your used german trash and leave us alone, just dont complain when you have to rebuild the engine or take it to the dealership for a battery replacement.

Manufacturers need to keep up making a sports line, an AFFORDABLE sports line at that. When it is a common problem for enthusiasts and the mainstream drivers complaining that there are no AFFORDABLE, DAILY DRIVABLE sports cars, companies need to address it.

Yes, the Toyoburu isnt fast (6-7 second 0-60 for manual), expensive (25k), but what you get out of it is a reliable, quick, and sporty car. For a RWD coupe of its size, 2800 pounds is the weight of a lot of sport coupes years ago. You get a good trunk, 4 seats, attention to steering/shifter, a tight suspension (that handles greatly), and the economy is very good for what the car is. (24 city, 32 highway.)

Toyota gave us a car that we could afford and have fun with on a daily basis. If other companies can fall into the affordable RWD sports car segment, we may get more options. And no, roadsters arent practical enough.

Whatever you say.

The steering feel in my FRS is much better than my 99 GSR

I appreciate your taste

Your GSR's steering components/fluids, wheels/tires, or suspension must not have been up to par then

there is no compare
Thanks man
after doing research on all the Japanese lightweight turbo 4's, I honestly feel the SW20 is superior to the S13-14 and all its competitors in almost every category

I'll be importing a 94-95 GT-S in a few years. It's also a bonus that the cars aren't very popular (no drift tax) so they're also cheaper and there's tons of replacement parts.

I agree
Thats why im getting a non turbo to ride through college.
Nothing like a rwd corolla for a cheap fun daily

Nope, the car is stock and well maintained.

I've owned a NA miata in the past, and the FRS is also superior to that.

It's silly to assume that just because the car has EPS means that it's inferior

>It's silly to assume that just because the car has EPS means that it's inferior
>inferior

I never said it was inferior. In fact, EPS is in fact superior when it comes to all out performance.

But, when it comes to driver involvement giving you true feedback from the road, EPS doesn't have a leg to stand on.

In the balancing act of effort, response, and feedback from steering, EPS has no true feedback- period

blog.caranddriver.com/steer-clear-what-it-takes-to-have-good-steering-in-an-electric-world/

A good read from the Auto Engineers themselves on the subject
>Thats why im getting a non turbo
I mean, if that's what you want. I read the Beams 3SGE makes 200 so that's nice.

>Nothing like a rwd corolla
No user, I'm afraid it's too heavy for that...
But still, enjoy it.

Its like you decided to dissect my post and remove literally all of the context clues from it

Im getting a non turbo because im going to college while working to support myself. I wont have the monetary means to reliably maintain a turbo model, plus it will be my first car that isnt FF, so im buying a non turbo to familiarize myself with the chassis. Then ill step up to a turbo. By the time I can afford it, i will have a lot of driving time under my belt

And despite being heavier it literally is a rwd corolla. Its a corolla engine (5sfe) and transaxle placed at the rear of the car.
I thought you said you did your research on these

Ah, ok

I just don't believe the weight would match a Corolla. Also, I'm only looking at the Japanese speced ones.

who cares?

Are you asking for new or used?
Are you asking for best car to maintain?
Best car to have fun?
You seem to be all over the place

>who cares?
>op literally made a thread to found out

still waiting, not one single answer

It doesnt. Its about 300lbs heavier than a corolla of the same yeah.
I dont have any specs in front of me but id say the non-turbo is about 100-150lbs lighter than that. Any difference in weight is made up for by its superior mid engine layout though.
Even so, power to weight is the only real metric that matters

Name a similarly priced car with

>same or lower center of gravity
>same cheap cost of maitenance
>same curb weight or lower
>RWD
>roof

op doesnt want to find out, he wants to troll boyracing retards like you

>taxes get retarded on older vehicles.
Nope, it's the other way around. Go buy a 2015 WRX and the government will want £1000 in tax a year from you, go buy a 2004 Ferrari Enzo and its £290 a year.

They can't put the tax up on old cars, same as Bill Clinton couldn't take your automatic guns away from you.

>If you insist on buying new there are any number of quick-ish cars you can pick from that aren't total garbage, any many are way cheaper, for example a Fiesta ST.
>Suggesting a slightly faster FWD econobox over an already fun RWD econobox
Kill you are self

But nobody has provided an answer yet, so who's really getting trolled here

>boyracing
>states facts about the vehicle and acts for another that shares all the same traits??

>E46
>Fun

Pick one

>he fell for the german cars are expensive to maintain outside of NA meme

Must feel bad to be an Americunt.

*asks

kys

not that user but

In the US, dollar for dollar, BMW/Porsche sports cars do in fact cost more to maintain than a Toyota- period

That weight difference is definitely negligible

I need to read/learn more about wrenching on these. I'm kind of afraid I won't be able to maintain it properly . .

>That weight difference is definitely negligible

Go make two friends and ask them to sit in your car while you drive it.

Good taste.

Guy local to me has an SW20 with the 5S-FE dropped in it with a Turbo, saw him race an obstacle course (gymkhana?) with it. Apparently pushes almost 400hp.

>2 people
>150 lbs

What kind of friends might you be referring to exactly

Well its just like maintaining any other toyota. The US spec 3sgtes are common as hell so parts are plentiful. jdm BEAMS swaps are common, and v6 swaps are less common, but arguably superior.
1mz out of a camry pretty much fixes its weight and power issues, giving you 100% linear power delivery and a fantastic exhaust note out of one of the most reliable v6 engines ever made.
When I can fund one, ill definitely do it. Its a very simple swap, and requires very little in the way of custom work
If your example is going to be accurate you have to do that while moving the engine and transaxle to the back of the car, because thats what we're comparing.

The same old, slow in a straight line meme. Modify the car to your liking or go buy an ecoboost if straight line speed is all that matters.Though, I don't like how the new one looks (bumper,headlights,taillights,spoiler). The FA20 handles boost well, only issue is retards with bad tunes or ZERO supporting mods blowing engines.

I don't own an 86 but they seem alright to me. One of the cheapest RWD cars on the market, has LSD standard, and is lighter than most cars. I sat in a couple BRZs and they seemed nice enough.

Who the fuck would rather buy a Fiesta?

>Who the fuck would rather buy a Fiesta?

People who like to partayyy

sounds about right
>youtu.be/488MP6ygSzQ

>111000 miles in 3 fucking years
Wtf did the guy fucking lived in his car?

would buy a brz sti right fucking now if they ever made it

god fucking damnit make one already

would you pay 40k for one?

AKA: I'm too afraid to build my own car.

>Not wanting an engine with a lower compression ratio for boost

conservative tunes can give you a SOLID 300hp which doesn't seem like alot, but really is considering it's under 2.8k lbs

>wants lower compression instead of running e85 for more power on higher compression with turbo
>even if hes stupid and thinks he needs low compression, he's too poor to build the motor
Idiot poor fags. Lrn2 performance build.

YES

desu this looks like a neat car, I drove it around in Assetto Corsa for the first time and it seemed really neat but now actually seeing the specs and stuff it really seems underwhelming next to a Subaru WRX and Civic Si

>Boosting a car that was meant to stay NA

woops my bad I thought this was that toyota GT86 in the pic

then everyone else will complain about it being OVERPRICED and unattainable

Veeky Forums's always hated them, so thanks for preaching to the choir.

I'd rather have the lower compression engine for another 5K
E85 is for tryhards and even if you could rebuild it to a lower compression ratio, it would not be the same quality as factory spec.
>Not wanting a retuned lower compression boosted trim variant

Do you even Japanese sports cars?

You all are a disgrace to the heritage of the Japanese turbo sports car

>meant to stay NA

thisssssssssss

>then everyone else will complain about it being OVERPRICED and unattainable

If it comes with the 270+hp wrx engine, flared fenders, better brakes and stronger transmission it definitely wouldn't be considered overpriced.

It would probably even be a future collectible and hold its value very well.

for 40k I'd rather buy a WRX STI

>hurr durr could have bought a used porsche

too bad it'll never have any of that

It has nothing over a WRX currently