Other urls found in this thread:

norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5801961325.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>cancelled
>slower than an ecoboost-powered BAC Mono
BTFO!

Everything on both cars is metric

>this is car related

Anywho, imperial system is/was based off of common, convenient metrics. A foot is a larger boot, created probably from measuring with steps. Fed up with one foot in front of the other, somebody thought up the yard, which was the approximate length of a stride. Somebody used X amount of dough each time they made bread or whatever, that was a pound. Month-day-year is how you say it, and is also based off of the highest number in each. 12 is as high as months go, 31 is as high as days go. And some idiot came up with fahrenheit because I have no idea why.

Eurocucks think saying 28th September sounds more reasonable than September 28th. You can't make this shit up.

>Month-day-year is how you say it, and is also based off of the highest number in each. 12 is as high as months go, 31 is as high as days go.
That's fucking retarded and the stupidest excuse ever for a system though. Only Year-month-day is actually useful in any way whatsoever because it not only lists the units as they're getting smaller, but it also allows you to file alphabetically and automatically have it chronologically at the same time.

If you want to disagree I'll wait for you to measure laptimes in minutes, milliseconds and seconds.

>And some idiot came up with fahrenheit because I have no idea why.
It's better for day to day use.
>0c
>Kind of cold
>100c
>Dead
>0f
>Cold
>100f
>Hot

HOLY SHIT

It's mostly because of how you say it.

28th what?

You only say it that way because you've been accustomed to it since birth.

It's quicker inferred with month first.
>Hey when did you get that dildo
>Uh, the 12th of [at this point the sentence is still meaningless]
vs.
>Hey when did you get that dildo
>Uh, September [context established] 12th [further context given]

You've got some serious issues with your attention span if you can't comprehend another two words.

0°C is freezing temperature
100°C is boiling temperature

How hard is it to get you fucking ciggy butt brain?

Furthermore, month is a lot more useful on its own than a day. With laptimes minute comes first because again, on its own it's a useful metric, seconds on its own is not and requires the minute for any sort of usefulness.

tldr: "12th" on its own is useless, "September" is not, seconds on their own is useless, minutes are not.

Ans he understands that but if we say it's 100 degrees out its fucking hot and if it's 0 out its fucking cold.

Not in every language though. French and German both go "[number] [month]" instead of "[number]th of [month]".

Metric is best, but what country that uses the metric system has landed humans safely on the moon :^)

>Arguing about efficiency
>"Efficiency doesn't matter"
k

Nigger how hard is it to read

Best systems:
Metric
Fahrenheit
Month/day

Anybody who disagrees is objectively wrong

Okay, so somehow using the coldest air temperature measured in Gdansk in the winter of 1708 for 0 and someone's body temperature for 96 (not even 100, but 96) makes more sense than using the freezing point and boiling point of one of the most abundant, important elements in the world.

Are you just deliberately ignoring the point here or do you just have some sort of learning disability? Fahrenheit is more useful for day to day measurements, it doesn't matter how either were created.

Your 'saying the month first at the water cooler smalltalk' effiency isn't going to help you a bit when you can't file your papers properly because the date format is all fucked up.

>americucks
norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5801961325.html

No, it's not. Not at all. First of all I can't see whom it would it be up to to decide what cold actually means. For example I'm pretty cold at 0C already, and it's a significant point for winters because it's when rain starts turning into snow. And if you can't get 30C being pretty warm and 40C being very hot weather into your pea brain there's no helping you.

NASA use metric and your Saturn rocket was made by a German.

Britain sucks, get over it.

see: >Arguing about efficiency
>"Efficiency doesn't matter"
k

>Wanting shit to make sense
You'd never make it in America, you gotta love the madness.

>date
months have total lowest number. days have second lowest total number. years have most. Best logical date is best. Month(1-12)- Day (1-31) - Year (infinite).

>uses miles to meter
>uses kmph
>says petrol
>still uses the term MPG (Miles Per Gallon)

i love when non-americans post this and don't realize that everyone in america is exposed to both systems and its up to the individual to use what they want

>cars show both mph and km/h
>food products use lbs and kg
>thermometers use Fahrenheit and Celsius
>rulers use inches and mm

it really just shows how much you don't know about us

I use rulers every single day at work. 75% of the time is metric. Sometimes we do freedom units.

>easier unit conversion
It's still entirely arbitrary either way, and I can't change industry. The american market is more valuable than the euro market.

Try coming back when SI 2.0 is a thing and you have the bugs sorted out.
If you don't understand, here are the issues:
>The base unit of mass fucks everything up.
The french are retarded cucks
>Electron flow notation isn't considered metric.
>Time is only metric below the second.
inb4 it isn't, but point me to a single use of the megasecond in a published work
>The pascal is retarded.
This time instead of making a megapascal the base unit, people got closer to the right solution and just used atmospheres.
>electrical units are trash. The coulomb is trash.
What if in the presence of new knowledge instead shoehorning in a unit definition to meet the current usage, we just changed the unit...
>celsius is for faggots.
Use kelvin or Fahrenheit. Celsius should not exist.
>Liter should not exist. Liter should not be metric.
The cubic meter exists.
>Etc.

>tl;dr
The benefits of the metric system were forced onto an already arbitrary and shit unit system, and instead of fixing it they decided the benefits had to die so that new standards and units didn't have to be created.

Pretty much this. It's not like metric is hidden from us or something, and we're all stumbling around struggling to find a 14mm socket by asking for a ".551181 inch" socket.

Celsius does make a lot more sense w/ 100 boiling, 0 freezing, but I'm so used to degF that one has been hard for me to break away from.

And the month day year thing is more based on the idiosyncrasies of our language. We *say* it month day year, so we *write* it month day year. It feels weird for a native American english speaker to say it any other way.

>>Liter should not exist. Liter should not be metric.
>The cubic meter exists.
Cubic meters to liters is literally 1/1000000. A liter is 1 cubic decimeter.

This,
In informal fields and trades like carpentry and HVAC, imperial systems are preferred for most tradesmen. Almost all science labs use the metric system because of its accuracy and ease of use with formulas and conversions.

Posts like OP show how retarded people outside of this country are about things that happen within it.

After highschool, it's all metric system.

>A liter is 1 cubic decimeter.
Have you spotted the problem?
If your base unit is shit match for reality, don't obfuscate it with a converted/scaled unit or by outright changing the base unit.
Just replace the unit.

Si 2.0 is long overdue.

Not true at all. I did quality control in a large-scale-forging/machining facility for a few years. It was imperial units all over the prints.
The only time it was done in metric was when the prints were customer supplied, and even then they had imperial units in a subtext

It is 1/1000 of a liter bub

Not if you go into anything other than physics, or your college gives a shit about your success in the real world (by preparing you for industry.)

As someone who studied college in America it was a pain doing group work because we would have to waste 20 mins explaining some idiot what percentage of a meter is a centimeter.

Shit I meant a liter is 1/1000 of a cubic meter sorry used that iPhone speech to text thing

Spotted the non-stem major. Either that or you studied at a school that didn't have an effective barrier to entry.

That's a cubic centimeter.

So you had a retard in your group. Who cares?

Kek

Horsepower and foot-pounds of torque just sounds better than their metric equivalent.

Cant breath

you forgot the eyeball on top of the pyramid.

you mean "horsepower"?

It's based on being convenient and fast to use. Not how it looks on a chart.

>being this new

It's like you dinguses don't even understand that imperial units are easier to divide in common fractions. Take the foot: divisible by 2, 3, 4, 6, 12 into inches. So when it was created retards could do mental math quickly.

Also, Fahrenheit makes complete sense. 0 is based on the temperature at which water will freeze at sea level, no matter the concentration of salt. Besides, temperatures based on freezing/boiling points of water are arbitrary anyway because those change based on ambient pressure. Let's not even mention that a degree Fahrenheit (or Rankine, if it suits your fancy) is the smallest change in temperature that humans can detect.

On the note about units being arbitrary, metric is equally arbitrary. The meter is defined as the distance light travels in some stupidly uneven division of a second. So metric is no more definitively simple than imperial units when the divisible by ten thing is discounted.