How you holding up Veeky Forums?

How you holding up Veeky Forums?

What are you battling through so far?

I'm kind of stuck thinking of leaving my job for another one, but not sure if i want to leave right now. Couple more months, or just leave once I find another gig?

Other urls found in this thread:

techexams.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This meme needs to stop.

OP, don't leave until you already have another job lined up.

Thanks man

That's kind of the plan, I'm not leaving until the paperwork is signed, I just don't want to leave yet, but an offer has come up and I'm waiting to hear back. I would prefer to stay another 6-12 months but not sure if i can. Another company might provide better experience/career goals than the one i am currently at

I think I finally fixed my Passlock issue, so I'm cautiously optimistic atm.

I entered university 3 weeks ago and I'm depressed as fuck.
How do people make it through 4 years of this?

I'm getting things sorted with insurance. my rates rise 50% next year and i have to pay 2500 excess. Makes me think twice about going to the toegay now.

Go to campus events, have friends, meet a girl.

>tuesday night
>drunk as fug shitposting on Veeky Forums

Is buyer's remorse a meme?

I'm in a weird relationship, I dont know where it's going, and that bothers the shit out of me.

Almost done rebuilding my car after nearly totaling it. Fighting with my gf. Struggling to put enough time into school work.

Me too, bro, me too.

no job, no gf, no manual. But my dad's moving out, so things could change for the better.

I've never been in a relationship or even held a girl's hand. I haven't spoken to a girl in over a year except customer service.

I have no friends. I have not had friends in over a decade.

I'm also unemployed with no future prospects. I was fired as a janitor after I couldn't stomach cleaning up human feces from a wall and went home.

I've been diagnosed with depression for 5 years and medication does nothing for me.

The only thing that makes me happy is my old, little truck and the engine threw a rod 2 months ago. It runs extremely rough and I'm too stupid to fix it myself and have no money so I just walk everywhere. With winter and -30 Celsius weather coming, I don't know what I'm going to do.

I am also ugly, lack social skills, am always tired and have chronic pain from a back injury.

I think of suicide every day but I'm too much of a coward to do it because I fear I'll go to hell.

>Meet a girl

faggot

WEEEWWW
it's people like you that remind me not to kill myself no matter how hard shit gets or how deep in it I really am. Keep a stuff upper lip son the easy way is death but no matter how dark the fucking tunnel there's always gonna be a light at the end.

Where you live user? I'm similar in many regards except I'm sociable and have a decent job with good opportunities. I don't have friends in my day to day life but have no problem speaking to and making girls at work laugh and shit. Just moving to a big city where you know nobody wasn't the best choice and it's hard to enter a circle of friends who have known each other for years, especially when you only speak to one of them at work.

You'll end up disappointed with everything won in life eventually. The key to happiness is inside you and not in the things external to you. Still, try to focus on why you made decisions in the first place, and remember why you wanted something. You can't reverse time, so you'd better get real with yourself and your expectations.

saved up all summer so I can move out hopefully sometime in the next couple years.

rolled my kia so I gotta fix that piece of shit.

thought my school fees were gonna be covered, that's not happening now. This includes textbooks and a bunch of online shit because the teachers think we have indispensable incomes. Also need to buy a parking pass because I live pretty far from it.

bills and other shit on top of that.

laptop is 6 years old now and I need it for autocad.

driving to school everyday takes me 40 minutes and my broken piece of shit kia is sucking gas like a motherfucker because the steering arm thing is bent.

spending like 40$ a week in gas because my government thinks its fine to leech everyone "road tax" money then not actually fix the roads.

just got 3 parking tickets in my own townhouse complex. Used to be no issues parking there. New bitch Hillary Clinton type lady is in control now, decided that a parking lot that's literally never full needs parking enforcement.

left my kia there overnight for a few days not thinking anything of it. Drove my s2000 to school in the meantime. Came back to it and it had 3 parking tickets valuing 140$. then today at school I got a 30$ ticket because I can't afford to buy a parking pass at my school. In a parking lot that's never full.

>TLDR
my savings for moving out are fucking gone. Gotta start from scratch next year and I have a feeling my s2000 might have to be sold within the next few years if I plan on moving out.

Me and girlfriend of 6 years broke up a couple weeks ago. At first I was pretty depressed. Didn't know what to think of it honestly, I just felt so empty. Now I'm starting to feel happier though. I'm trying to be more outgoing. Actually have a date lined up for Thursday.

>Threw a rod
>Runs rough
You don't fucking say.

Ex-gf continues to hate me a year after the breakup, I'm afraid that I'm developing a drug/alcohol problem, and I'm starting to think that the progress I'm making at my job is stalling out, BUT I've still got a fast car goddamnit. So at least I get to chuckle like an idiot on my drive home before I have to feel loathed again.

she's happy with another man
few years later and I still think about her everyday

You don't know what it feels like to break up with a girl your in love with
You don't understand the pain when all your life you've made grown up decisions from the time you were young
Busting your ass in school to get scholarships so your poor family won't go bankrupt
Making sure you took care of your siblings, cooked at an early age, baisically becoming a 3rd parent
Then when it all pays of and you finally meet someone who is on your level
Then having to swallow all your pride tears joy everything
Just to let her go because you're only holding her back and you can't stand seeing her dissapointed everytime one of your family responsibilities gets in the way
You don't understand my pain
Please someone kill me

Just the usual crippling depression, nothing big, hahahaha.... i need a cigarette

>years
bro.. time to move on.

yeah I know. I'm pathetic
But at least I haven't started using drugs so there's that

pretty sure that using drugs would be less pathetic at this point.

> niece turns 16
> her mom's bf promises her a bmw
> know they're going to flake
> search high and low for a good manual jeep Cherokee
> find one last week in my budget that she won't be embarrassed to be in
> thing is fucking cherry inside and out
> dumb as millennial who sold it to me didn't know what he had and thought the engine was trashed
> half way through water pump (only thing wrong with it)
> got her favorite billiard ball on order for the knob (I custom make them)
> added usb ports
> planning hot pink hello kitty stripe and graphics or something
and
> find out grandma gave her her Nissan Altima and went out and leased a Nissan rogue last week

Now I have this pristine rust free 2dr xj but I don't need a 5th vehicle and even if I did I'm not dicking with two kids in carseats, hell that's the whole reason I sold my tj.

So I'm going to finish it, put some off-roady stuff I have laying around on it and triple my money, but it's totally soulless and unfulfilling, plus I don't get to force my niece to learn stick.

Fucking sucks man.

Do what you want. When your hesistant, just say fuck it. You'll be surprised where you end up.

maybe I'll start then

Change majors or change colleges. It's not worth hating it for five years and then not even Boeing able to get a career in your degree field

>left my car at home while I went to college (parents and grandpa said it was smart to do that, you don't need a car because campus is small, etc)
>wake up every morning and wish I had my car
I just want to drive again. I've literally settled for telling friends that I want to borrow their car to go to Walmart and I'll buy them some candy just so I can drive on some twisties and straights and then go to Walmart to buy the candy.

>graduated college (IT) in may
>tfw no job yet
>finally out of saved money
>every day is a combination of boring and having headaches
in other news i am trying to unstick the clutch on a tractor so i can proceed to try and unfreeze the pistons and start it (so i can sell it)

If we're going full R9K here,

How do you get over feeling like shit whenever you think of your gf's exes?
my gf and I have been going out for almost a year now, every time I think of some other dude fucking her brains out I feel sick and don't want to talk to her for a little while. She's my first and only girlfriend, but she fucked a dude from literally every grade in my highschool, got ate out by another dude just for fun, made out with god knows how many other dudes.

I just kissed my first girl last year, despite many options coming up before then. I just had the mental discipline to say no to them, while she's out there giving it away like candy on Halloween.
We also haven't had sex in probably close to a month and I've been using "I'm too busy to buy condoms" as an excuse but the truth is that whenever we have sex I feel like I'm not doing a good enough job for her, and I feel like she treats it more like a chore than anything.
She laughed at me the other day because I couldn't find her clit when we were joking around. I was about to ask her "would you like me to get some more practice on someone else?" but I decided I didn't want to start anything.

I'm above average height, so people always comment on I'm tall, thought I had that going for me, then she's like "I had an ex that was taller", thought I was strong "I had an ex that was stronger", I've just given up on looking for things that should be in my advantage because I'm constantly just feeling inferior.

I just never feel good enough anons, and as cocky as this sounds, I am. Then she's like "I bet dating me brings up your confidence a little user doesn't it haha?"
right, because every time I bring up something that I think is a confidence booster, you completely shut it down and make me feel like shit.

I plan on marrying her someday, because I'm hoping these childish feelings go away, but what if they don't?

Suicide sounded like a nice out at one point. Still kinda does.

>be me 4 years ago, 18
>Tried college and couldn't afford it, forced to drop out after 3 semesters
>Work shit jobs but gradually find better ones (grocery store to Best Buy to another electronics store to technician for a telecom company)
>Impress the right people and always take on extra work when available
>Just got offered an IT position, which I didn't think I'd be able to get for another 3-4 years
>Gonna be making $60,000 at 22 with no college degree

feels good, man

Awful

>girl I know drunkenly talked to me at a rave
>really touchy feely
>I was drunk too
>normally I'd think "fuck yea this is gonna be fun"
>nope
>had a pathetic half chub for some reason, even though I was drunk I was legit embarassed
>body stiff as a board like I'm in danger
>not really interested in talking to her at all
>almost glad when her friends came back to take her drunk ass home

i like my wife a lot but really kind of wish i wasnt married. i would prefer to bang qt germans for a while and then move to japan and form a harem of slant eyed qts

and in the mean time id blow all my money on bikes instead of useful things

Your incompatible with her you fucking retard. Sounds like she's a one upper. Notorious for being compulsive liars too.

Ask if she fucking wants it.
If not, don't buy people things they don't want without asking.
Grandma won't care what happens to her shitbox. Old people are scum anyway so who gives a fuck about her.

also I should add I turned down a chick once before because she kept talking about how many guys she dated. If I knew this girl had this kind of history I would have thought again about asking her out.

it was actually a choice between her and her friend who was actually better looking and still a virgin (literally never had a bf), but I chose her because I thought she was as innocent as her friend (at the time I knew she had ONE bf she dated for 3 years) and we got along a little better. turns out she lost her virginity to some douchebag I knew after 2 weeks of dating him in grade 9. I didn't have sex with her until 3 months of dating her.
how little self-discipline do you need to do that as a girl?

It sounds like she's a shitty fucking person if she's comparing you to her exes like that, and especially if she's saying that your dating her must be bringing up your confidence. These sound like the trademarks of somebody that's emotionally abusive, who is manipulative, and who will never have a fulfilled relationship (possibly the reason for her going through as many guys as she has, perhaps?) But hey, I'm just spitballing. I'm just some anonymous faggot on the internet.

When you're older it will be hot she fucked other guys. It doesn't mean anything and she is dating you, regardless. I mean as long as you get her in the end, what does it matter who touched her boobies or barebacked her and came in her anus.

Just let the rage express itself through your dick and don't become one of those >I was going to marry her but I couldn't stand her past, now she's marrying Chad green texters

yup makes more sense now too.

>Ask if she fucking wants it.
It's pretty close to exactly what she wants fām, except that it's stick. I'm actually thinking I might trade her the jeep plus cash for college for the Altima and grandma can suck a dick.

I need to get a running car that will pass smog ASAP, but I only have $1,000. I need a car for work pretty damn soon. Hopefully something comes up. Everyone around here marks up their prices, so it's tough. People want $1,500 just for a stupid civic with a blown motor. People are fucking crazy, guys.

$1000 is not a lot. Around here the seller is responsible for emissions but nobody does it because you don't get a guy to grudgingly take $3k then go "oh yeah just go get that tested and we'll have a deal"

Also bad news, you can't afford a car.

That fucking feel

Used to live in northern cali, and they fail smog for the little shit, its fucking stupid, had to change so much stuff back to stock on my car this is a waste of time damnit

Moped. The cheap, shitty, chink ones can get shipped to your door for $700. Another $300 for registration. That, and 60+ mpg. They'll get you to and from work until you can afford something with 2 more wheels. It's shitty, but less shitty than being jobless because you're not mobile.

Holy shit you're an insecure faggot
She must be dating you for a reason so man the fuck up and stop being a bitch about everything or she will leave you for someone who acts like someone with a pair of testicle

I'm right there with ya pal

There's a GS-T for sale near me. I've owned better, faster cars... but I fucking want the GS-T so badly. I can't think about anything else... Like a 13-year-old with a crush.

Problem is that I currently have 2 perfectly reliable cars and would have to take out a loan to get the Eclipse. Having a project would keep my mind occupied though, in stead of wandering off into existential thoughts all day.

You should probably end it.

Goddamn could I get a captcha besides the storefront one?

Broke my 15/16 socket today. Fml

>real life is hard.

Cmon guys get you're shit together.

Trying to sell my shitbox for cheap so i can buy a baiku and learn to ride.
Hope i can get good enough at riding by next summer so i can use the baiku to commute and reduce my afternoon from 3 hours to 1 1/2 hours.

Thatll open up time for me to actually start going back to the gym and get rid of the 40lbs ive gained in the past 3 years.

Go test drive it

It's like jerking off and finding she's not really that interesting after all

Listen man..
It's hard to put family first. Not many people have that decency anymore

Someday you will meet someone that sees that you put your family before anything and they will admire it.

If she thought you where holding her back then maybe where she wanted to go wasn't right.

My fiance left me because i sold my car and quit my job to help my mom and little sister move across the country after my "dad" received a live sentence

Apparently i wasn't putting "us" first

>Termi

do you have a cobra?

why can't life be initial d?

Just leave a note for the coroner to take off the weight before your viewing.

So I've never been on a date before, and I recently met some one on to tinder. We've been talking for a week and a bit, and decided that we'll meet up in a few days. How do I give off a good impression and not throw this away?

So you fell for the "IT" meme.
Sorry you got a degree in an over saturated field and will forever fight for a decent paying job when you could've just learned a trade (gasp).

03 svt cobra
00 Ram 1500 4x4
03 honda shadow 750 ace
98 basstacker panfish 16 ft

>Tfw work for a moving company

Ha thats funny.
Seriously it fucking sucks living in the country, im just looking at all my options.
Plus i dont need 2 cars, im getting rid of the project.

Soon as i have enough money saved up im moving back to the cities and accidentaly knock up some hipster girl.

>getting the strangest boner for the lexus ct200h
>unable to afford it

when can we just get plugged into a permanent virtual reality and drive cars all day?

What state are you in?

What field of IT are you looking to get into?

Not really interested in posting on here about myself, but check out techexams.net/

at least I have no debt
I'll just break down and get a job running CAT5 cable and setting up switches, I guess
I am moderately jelly

Brush your teeth, shower and suck his dick first so you're still horny

Bruh. I have been there.

3 years 7 days a week.
I've had worse jobs, but I've never had a more tiring job.

It was ago much better once i upped my drivers license and started doing long haul

Just don't do drugs or you'll be stuck forever

God damn i was so fit back then
Now i drive heavy equipment and battle a beer belly

I'm worried about my 626's autotragic transmission.

Texas, anything from server/user administration to installation and networking.
Averse to coding as my primary responsibility though.
I'll check the site out, thanks for the link

>At least I have no debt.
You're talking to a guy who got his 4 year degree and is working on his masters for free.
It's fine if you were too chicken shit to join the military a few years ago but if you have no other options then you've got no excuse now.
>Inb4 before welfare queen
The relatively small investment that Uncle Sam made in me a few years ago is nothing compared to what I'll pay back as a successful American.

I fucking hate it. After a month of this shit I want to get another job. It wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't for all the rich people and their monumental amount of shit they gather.

I learned that money is a gateway drug to organized hoarding.

the reason she dates me is because i treat her with respect and have a semi-decent future lined up.
all of her ex's treated her like the cum dumpster she is, suddenly a guy is treating her decently for once, even after she played the "innocent girl" card to get him to date her, and she's gonna turn around and treat him like shit.
that's why i have an issue.

Sounds like you need to cut her the fuck loose because she is not good enough for you, senpai. You've made it clear by that post alone that you know she's using you for your eventual decent future, and that she doesn't deserve that sort of treatment. Cut your losses.

>she's a cunt dumpster
No she's a normal woman you r9k virgin faggot
Come back when she takes a different dick every weekend for 20 years then she will be a cum dumpster

I really want to leave my old life behind and live in an RV instead, traveling the continent and doing work on the road while I see as many sights and natural wonders as I can. The 'work on the road' part is the hangup, since I've really only done retail up until this point and I need to find one or more sources of income that would keep me afloat without requiring me to be in one place for months at a time.

I've lived in the same place for almost 20 years and it's killing me, I really need to get up and go. I almost want to just quit my job and backpack for a few months, but acquiring a proper home on wheels is the dream.

Well, I owned a '95 GS for a year and have driven a GSX for about 15 minutes. I love the feel of DSMs and their size; pics don't do it justice, but they're tiny compared to modern traffic.

I know it'll never have the precision response and feedback of my miata, but something about turbo DSMs feels just right to me. Also, I love having a project car that I can just go into the garage and work on when humans start disappointing me.

>The relatively small investment that Uncle Sam made in me a few years ago is nothing compared to what I'll pay back as a successful American.
>It's fine if you were too chicken shit to join the military a few years ago but if you have no other options then you've got no excuse now.

>these ad hominems
wew lad, what bit your ass? I went to college without the GI bill or incurring debt, and I can still join as a commissioned officer

to restate my main point, though:
why are you so salty?

Oil jug in the back of my car tipped over without me noticing and about 3L of oil ended up soaking into the carpet. Currently have absorb - all sitting on it but I have a feeling my car will forever smell of oil. Not a happy day.

>Tfw got a scooter

Why do people hate these things again? they are fun as fuck.

Get a motorcycle.

Same boat op , waiting to see if I'll get scheduled for a second interview after I totally fucked up the first applying for a job I'm totally unqualified for to try and move on from my dead end job and rake in the dosh for more projects

Oh, I wasn't knocking them earlier when I said to buy a cheap chink scooter, not in the least. I bought one and it's one of the best things I ever did for myself. I loved the fuck out of that little thing, rode it fucking everywhere. Put hundreds of miles under those wheels real quick, right up until it got stolen. I still miss it. Hilariously fun.

i might not have had such an issue with it if she didn't play the innocent girl card so much. then again i would have thought twice about dating her if i knew that's the past she had. it's even worse that we went to the same high school because i personally know all the douchebags she's fucked.

i could have been dating her better looking virgin friend right now if she didn't make me think she was at least somewhat innocent.

at first it started off as knowing she dated a guy for 3 years. that's fine, they probably fucked i got that. in no way did i expect a girl out of high school to be a virgin. after we started dating it seems like every week there's something new about her past sex life she has to share and like i said, we've been going out almost a year. every time it hurts because i've remained so faithful, turned down quite a few turbosluts because i knew it wouldn't work out, and she's just thrown it away to whoever the fuck looks at her the right way. then she makes sex feel like a chore for her and that she's just doing me a favor. that's why i'm not having sex with her right now. just sick of it. we're going on a year in the relationship and i'm already feeling like this, like how can i plan on marrying her?

I would if I had the money. But that money is going to my AT thru-hike next year. Also no endorsement.

Been a great day, I made 400$ off RGSE stock in an hour after opening day, replaced my fuel pump, distributor rotor, and got a new cap, car fires up and rides even better than before.

Bread crumbs
Think think think think think

I have been used a couple of times by some people, I essentially forgave them at this point. but the joke is on them.

It still hurts like a mothercucker though, i started drinking/use weed every day after work from july to sept, but so far, i decided to face it and just move on with life. been sober a month now, and things are going good
but it still hurts being used for someones elses gain like that

I recently learned you can buy upgraded gears in the output gear set to give it a lower gearing and make it go faster with less RPM. At the cost of acceleration.

Really the scooter is perfect since I still live with my mom and we live on a 3rd floor apartment so I can just leave it on the balcony.

Also a scooter is about as breadcrumbs as it can get.

>just got a new, better paying job
>Just moved into a sweet apartment with a buddy
>Just got a new car
Doing pretty good family

Dude, I drive for a moving company and honestly, it's a dream. Shoot the shit with friends talking about the most redpilled, politically incorrect, dumbest, funniest shit while keeping fit. I'm the most ripped dude at my gym because of this.

granted, we have shitty 14 hour days sometimes but it doesn't feel at all like a job or chore.

>Just moved into a sweet apartment with a buddy
Too much information, degenerate.

Are you mostly doing interstate moves? Then yeah I can see where it would be fun but so far 100% of my moving jobs were either local it intercity.

Also see my other postFuck moving for rich people.

well it is nice because his girlfriend doesn't have a roommate so I basically have this big space to myself. only fucked one ratchet here so far, 3/10 didn't call back.

I recently had a 55 year old man fuck me and it was amazing

Long hauls and locals. I feel you about the rich folk, some of them have a literal museum in their basements full of heavy book boxes.

But it truly inspires you to do better in life and not be a lifer in this occupation.

Thanks moot.