Will you own your dream car?

Lots of dream car topics going on currently, so lets get real.

Will you own your dream car in this lifetime?

My dream car is currently $25,000. I am a solid 5 years away from being able to realistically afford one. Problem is prices are rising quickly and studiedly on those cars. I fear by the time I am able to spend that much, the price will have risen clear out of my reach.

a non gtr hakosuka is $25,000?

dam son

Take out a loan. You'll realize that 25k is peanuts when you grow up.

Hell no, or at least not a longnose coupe.

By the time i would able to buy it. No...

Idk man a volvo 244 turbo in midnight blue seems impossible to find in the midwest. Only ever seen two 240 turbos in the past 3-4 years and both were too expensive and not in great shape and not dark blue.

An unmolested upper-trim RX-7 will not be possible to find by the time I can reasonably afford one & the RX-9 will be out by then so I'm banking on that being my dream car. If it's shit I'll probably cave and get a 4 series coupe or something.

Sure, s15s go around 10-30 grand, in a few years I should be able to import one from Japan or Germany

>Will you own your dream car in this lifetime?
>my dream car is a miata
Yep

I really want either a mostly untouched yellow rx7 FD or dark grey/black r32. The only exterior aftermarket changes I'll accept are rims as long as they don't look like shit

I doubt I'll find an unmolested yellow rx7 for sale anytime soon so I'm leaning more towards the gtr l, but I'll be looking around for a few more years until I get the money

Honestly, probably not.

My dream cars are pure unobtainium.

But somehow this calms me. I wouldn't like to own a car I don't dare to trash because its so valuable.

So I'm thinking on replicas. Most of my dream cars are stupidly easy:
- steel tube frame
- big n/a motor

I couldn't forgive myself if I crashed a miura, 250 gto, 33 stradale, ac cobra... but with a replica? I couldn't care less. Only thing is that I want a similar engine, that's why I think about the cobra.

My dream car is the Ferrari F430 Scuderia, 2 years ago in my country, they were sold at an average price of 90-95k€ with difficulties, but then they started to rise up, now you have nothing under 180k€, so no, it's not possible anymore for me to spend so much money on a car, it's almost the price of a house...

I can sell y'all niggas some of these dream cars on the low

Depends on if 06 straya GTOs are still in good condition by the time I get a better job.

I've owned all my dream cars except a unimog I guess but the one I sat in was horrible.

> Comet GT
> 4x4 van
> built jeep xj
> built jeep tj
> Comanche
> Harley

I guess I'd like a built Comanche up on Ford 9s and 38s because I never got to finish my second Comanche build, but then again I've got a stick rust free xj two door sitting in the driveway and I always kind of liked the 2drs.

I will probably never get another Comet GT though. I could afford it but I don't really want a restored one, I want my old half primer posi slicks machine back.

I allready have 2 of my dream cars.
Peugeot 405 T16
Toyota MR2 MK1
Still a long list left most of them possible some not possible unless I win the lottery or something.

only if the price haven't raised to the point I cant afford
>Porsche 964 carrera

I'm 18 and haven't got my license yet. If I like in the UK will I ever own a self referb 240z?

Stop wasting time on stupid fucking hobbies, get some education, and get a better job you faggot.

If you can't afford $25k you're a loser and should be taking the bus and investing your savings into Etherium and penny stocks.

>Comanche
Prepare for pain.

>if you don't make $75k a year or more you're a loser
Okay, boomer faggot. Spout the edumuhcashun meme more, tell me how I'll be making more than all those stupid inbred tradesmen that all somehow have nicer stuff than you.

>Go into debt >50% of average American income to drive a weeb meme machine

I probably will, once I settle down and get my shit together

>Lots of dream car topics going on currently
Am I really the only faggot here who doesn't have a "dream car"? There are some mid-range sports cars that I'd like to upgrade to in the next few years and probably be really happy with but those aren't dream cars. As for supercars, there are some I like and some I don't care for but I couldn't single out a dream car there either.

Most of my dream cars right now are actually really attainable. I was never really a fan of expensive sports cars. I like older, boxier cars like BMW E30s and Mercedes W123s. Though if I did have the money for a super nice car is probably go with a Porsche maybe

another car that I'd be extremely happy with can be found for 3-4k euros in a top/almost top shape.yes,manual 540is can still be found here.
>feelsgoodman.jpeg

>1985 Ford F-150
>crew cab
>6 foot bed
>4WD
>6 inch lift
>custom interior

I don't think so, but its something to strive for. In the mean time, I'll just make due with my sport trac.

F-150
>>crew cab
Pick one

I'm not sure, my dream car is:
>light
>2/3door coupe
>Front engine
>rwd
>small displacement
>hard core NA engine - ITBs, high red line etc.
>250-300ish hp
>LSD

So, ae86 with a 20v swap or f20c, s2k with a hardtop, e30m3 etc.
Hard to come across but not unobtainable

No, but I will be able to afford a replica. So much Initial D shit in this thread though, god damn you kids have no taste

I'd like an AMG C-class and I could afford one, cash, in a couple of years but tying that much money up in a vehicle seems like a bad idea when /nohouse.

also i need that rear cargo area height that a sedan can't provide.

S13 with an F20C swap would be sick.

Finding an s13 in the uk that hasn't been ruined by wannabe drifters is getting difficult

exactly

my dream car is an R34 GTR. I do believe I can achieve it.

it is a part of my dream garage, well I have 2 separate dream garages: the garage I will never own apart from maybe 1 of the cars, and my achievable dream garage. yes I am kind of a faggot.

Dream Garage
>Ford GT40 MK1
>Mclaren F1
>Koenigsegg Agera R
>Porsche 918
>Ferrari F40

Achievable Dream Garage
>Nissan Skyline R34
>Porsche Cayman GT4
>Mercedes S Class Coupe
>Land Rover Range Rover
>BMW M3
>Rolls Royce Ghost

Definitely, though to be fair I'd probably have to settle for RHD

This is this poorfags dreamcar.

I will hopefully own one, one day.

Made a thread but ill just humble myself and post here.

>1993-1998 MR2 with a 1mz v6 swap
Currently in college, studying a stem field, so hopefully in 2-3 years when i get myself in a decent paying job ill be able to fund a swap.
I plan on buying a non-turbo mr2 for a daily soon, so i plan to ride it through the remainder of college and then throw a v6 in it when i can afford it.

Even if i cant get one soon, non turbos are cheap as hell and will likely remain so. Due to not having a drift tax (due to the MR layout), turbos and non turbos are cheap to import, so it seems the're destined to be pretty cheap for the foreseeable future.

If that falls through, ill just get a zzw30 with a 2zz swap, and have myself a nice cheap lotus elise.

>Peugeot 405 T16
Hnnnngh its one of my "affordable dream cars"
mad jelly. post a pic pls.

My dream car is a BR-Z STI

>276 hp turbo boxer 4
>factory wide body
>tasteful recaro seats
>huge brembos
>instant classic

I will own my dream car if they make it.

>inb4 "why not just mod a brz?"

fuck off, it's not the same

kinda hard to own a car that will never exist
granted a car with those specs might exist in the future, but it wont be a brz.
if not for the boxer engine you'd be describing a turbo genesis coupe, basically

I like the way a BR-Z drives. I just want the power, looks and exclusivity that comes with an STI version of the BR-Z

My dream garage is about 5 cars totaling 1 million. I'm 18 and my current car is about 100k so I'm 1/10 of the way... r-r-r-rright?

I feel you. But as you seem to already be aware, the more reasonable solution is to just mod it.
Looks can be accomplished with tasteful mods.
And nothing says power and exclusivity quite like a giant FMIC that sounds like an approaching tornado..

Yea, I've thought about it. But I've decided to just get pic related later this year instead.

I don't want to deal with the risk, headaches and money shoveling that comes with modifying cars right now. Maybe later in life, but not now.

Not sure how much of a brandfag you are, or what you're specifically looking for in a vehicle but desu with that pricetag I would just get a focus RS and be done with it.

I think the Focus RS and GT350 are awesome cars. But what I'm looking for is a small rwd 2+2 coupe with decent power and handling.

Kinda want a BMW 2002. But I'd want to turn it into a road legal rally car.

Or a 80's or 90's Japanese RWD car that I could save from the world of ricing and restore back to its factory spec. Like a 240SX or an MR2 or something.

Well yeah. In that case there isnt much competition in the way of brand new cars. Id also consider a g37 or q60, mostly because I love that VQ. The camaro, while a strong performer is a bit like driving a turbocharged go-kart in a mascot suit

A 911 of some kind. As much as I'd like an air cooled example it probably won't happen so we'll see where the 911 is at when I can afford it in 10-15 years.

You and I are cut from the same cloth user. Not my dream car but I'd sure as hell take the 30 with the swap over an Elise.

I WANT A FUCKING LOTUS ESPRIT V8
BUT I WONT GET ONE
FUCK MAINTENANCE FOR BRITISH ENGINES

never ever.

whatever death drives

so no

but i hope he lets me ride shotgun

Sorry for unoriginal rims, the company I work for have nothing for me to do atm so can't afford tires for the overhauled original rims :(
Also the grey MR2 is not mine. Was a friends he has now sold it.

What company makes that replica car ?

Is it a dream car if you've already adjusted your expectations to a point where it's realistically affordable?

If I win the Super Lotto one day, it'd be the first thing I'd buy. But no, I chances are I won't ever have.

Life is suffering.

Pic related is as real as my waifu.

I'd like to get a bugatti eb110 but I don't even know if I'd like it if I could afford it.

Realistically, I might get a 3/4ton truck with a nice trim, but I really don't care for all the added flimflam like backup cameras, bluetooth, etc. (maybe I could remove it, but idk). Triumph and Indian have cool looking bikes too.

Managed to sell some of the other ones? I remember you were selling the blue one

My dream car is a Mercedes-Benz W126 Coupe, aka the "SEC". There are plenty of them available, although I'm not sure what to get. I can get a cheap diesel one and do a complete renovation/modification, or get one that already has the proper color combinations, bodykit, wheels, interior and all that which will require a lot less work to put in the condition I want

Even still; its a car I should be able to get without much trouble

Nah the cab went to the scrapyard everything broke down on it. Last price was 5000 nok and no responses.

Aren't these pretty cheap?

Race Car Replicas in America and Realm Engineering in Europe.

>xj220
>cheap

Maybe for Warren Buffet

dream car is an Impreza 2.5rs desu, in blue with gold wheels. I'll own it one day, can't guarantee how clean she'll be, or if I'll have the right color but I'll do it one day.

>2 door xj rust free Manuel.
I'm jelly my dude

I've got two dreams cars I would love to acquire. #1 is an R34 GT-R and #2 is a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T. Unfortunately wouldn't be able to make it look like the general Lee, due to the "racist" flag on the roof.

why do you want an offbrand e30 touring friend

soon enough

i have a second gen legacy now

just need to get a newer reliable daily before i go gambling on beat on subies

>dream cars are all shitty 70s-80s cars
I sure hope so.