EVE Online General /eog/

Eve Online Tengoo edition

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then all the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: (New) community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/building-dreams-introducing-engineering-complexes/ , drilling platforms
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov ??: updates.eveonline.com/coming/fall/ click through for devblog links on F2P and LINKS, plus teasers for rorqual reworks, industry structures, visual updates AND also free stuff, plus a new ship

Past:
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/56895433/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>PvP

>caldari

>Rapid Light Missile Launchers

Hey guys r8 my fit :^)

Useless. Can't kite, can't brawl, can't haul PLEX.

>tfw you fly $100 worth of PLEX 16 jumps out of Jita after downtime.

There were only 24 people in local too

>afterburner
>longpoint
>artillery

What about now?

Gave it away

How does falloff on remote reps function?

How much hp per repair is lost?

>No posts for 20 minutes
Dead game

Dead thread

Dead Empress :^)

Phoenix buffs when?
Raven b

>Resubscribe after a 3~ year break
>I'm not in the newbie corp, no one's been online for months and the last corp mail was in 2015
I'm feeling pretty spooked

Which corp?

Don't worry user everyone will come back once eve goes free to play right?
answer:no

The corp I was in before I unsubbed. I've never taken a break this long so I assumed I'd appear in the newbie corp when I came back.

Should I join Puppers? On one hand I could use pvp experience, since the last two times I pvp'd I got the shakes and only barely pulled through. On the other hand Puppers doesn't look to competent judging by their killboard. I could be wrong and they are just trolling around, but that's my impression

It's a competent core with incompetent trainees.
The killboard of such a corporation is completely irrelevant since their job isn't to pad the killboard, it's to teach people what to do.

Was this dog shooped in

what are they trying to teach people? how to have a red killboard ahaha

It's a rare Gargantuan Dachshund. They only appear once every thousand years.

>hics not even mentioned in ccp's big list of shit they might rebalance in the next 10 years

Pretty sure that won't work ingame.

What do I need to join? I tried applying for a corp in Hell's Pirates and they asked too much from me, comms, meetings, discord, slack you name it. I'm a shy person, new to this game and I want to be around similar people that try do their best in this game while never letting that get in the way of fun.

I don't know. Look for a public channel or join doomed chat and look for them there.
It's probably better to talk to someone there than to just send an application anyway.

They just got buffed why would you need them rebalanced they're great for stopping booshers

Why wouldn't it work?

>carriers, fax machines, dreads getting 7.5ly buff
>supers getting 6.5ly buff
Fucking amazing can't wait to finally cross those dumb voids in space finally

>want to to do some hangar cleaning
>drag some items out of containers because you can't repackage them in containers
>thanksccp.jpg
>press Ctrl+a
>press repackage
>tfw it repackages containers too
>tfw thousand of items now are out of their respective containers
>tfw literally item spaghetti everywhere

FUCK YOU CCP, AT LEAST YOU COULD PROMPT ME AND WARN ME ABOUT SHIT LIKE THIS

lol

Unscripted bubble stops you entirely.

It doesnt stop you it just reduces your max speed and jumps your agility

It also jumps your sig radius which stacks really bad with the mwd on

I had a similar problem where I couldnt delete my containers because of 'log over 3 weeks' error. Now I have a bunch of shit cluttering my assets list.

Faction bubbles have a smaller penalty to MWD velocity bonus, so it actually works.

Huh. So does this work with that AT hic much, much better then?

>anything but sabre

>inty fleet warps in
>pops sabre
>warps out laughing

>why would you need to rebalance them

>1500 dps permatanks or >100k ehp
>38km scram

Yes, and? A carrier can pretty much instapop them if they bubble up.

>should've taken a carrier on your small gang/solo roam silly

Don't fucking engage the damn bubbleship designed to hold capitals.

Yes they're fine that way. Cry about it shitters

if it's designed to hold capitals why can it brawl down / permatank basically any ship in the game. it's fucking ridiculous

No it can't you're just a prissy baby ass loser in an orthrus that got a crammed by an onyx or some shit

I never die to hics, because I only undock in dual prop ships now and always just disengage and leave as soon as I see one on scan

>oh shit a ship designed to tackle capitals, better get my solo frigate out of here

They gave it scram ability to nail and shutoff protection new capital prop mods wouldn't have been affected by the Hic scram if it didn't have the disable scram ability

making them unable to receive remote reps means their survivability is shit in fleets, but still amazing for just gg no-funning on soloers/small gangs. instead let them receive RR, and drop the focused point range down to normal scram range

Oh first it was they're op because they permatank now it's they're shit because they can't survive

Also generally people will use two HICs then oscillate the Hic points so one takes damage the other is getting reps and vice versa

>wake up
>14M sell order dropped to 8,5M
haha le citadel le free markt xddd

>Hic scram to normal scram range

Nah fuck they they work great the way they are now and they need that range to operate functionally otherwise there's no difference between a regular scram shutting off mwd or a Hic scram shutting off mwd

Also his Scrams stop kite shitters it's a direct hard counter which is great

>Oh first it was they're op because they permatank now it's they're shit because they can't survive

yes, did you read? your excuse for their stupid long scram is they need it to tackle caps. well they're just throwaway in blob battles because no RR. it's just a very backwards design

>use two HICs then oscillate

yeah, you have to because they just explode otherwise

>kite shitters

a 40km scram is not inherently anti kite. it's anti everything. try getting scrammed from that range in a brawling ship. do you think you're going to have a good time?

>otherwise there's no difference between a regular scram shutting off mwd or a Hic scram shutting off mwd

except of course that the hic scram will tackle a titan, while a normal scram will tackle 1/20th of a titan

>I got fucked by a devoter and now I'm mad: the post

>I have no arguments and must fall back on le mad salty tears meme: the thread

Unrelated, but I got fucked by a phobos and still mad.

Nah you're just a whiny ass bitch who got caught by a scram from a Hic because you couldn't kite it hard enough

Gitgud

>calling me a kitefag

1v1 top belt shitter

>while a normal scram will tackle 1/20th of a titan
A single scram from a regular ass cruiser shuts off the mwd, jump drive, bridge, etc

A Curse/pilgrim is pretty much hard counter to any of the gun-based hics. I'll admit Onyx is a bit more of a challenge, but shouldn't be impossible.

i really need my space fix man.....i think i have amining char with a retriever as i had recently started but now im considering resubbing

if you want it not to do that then we can talk about that. I think the capital focus group discussed it and nothing happened

>just only ever fly ecm or neut ships, it's fine

>citadel

That's life in shitsville for you. Jita is where it's at.

>lowest prices
>bots
>jita unironically

>mining
>ever

Go back to minecraft.

>>just only ever fly ecm or neut ships, it's fine
No one said this faggot

You know what else fucks up a Hic? Succumbs, phantom, nightmare

A curse and pilgrim fucks up a Hic badly because the Hic scram costs so much to run

implying a pilgrim can get into neut range

sansha ships only 'fuck the hic up' because they can run away. a hic could probably permatank being attacked by all 3 of them simultaneously

>succumbs
>phantom

>implying a pilgrim can get into neut range
Yea it can the neuts easily reach out to 40km+

How does Autocannon tracking compare to Blasters?

I was first interested in AC's because of their flexibility; I can brawl against pulse lasers but also kite blaster fits. The main pull for me was being able to keep high transversal and velocity while projecting damage. I heard that AC's were tracking kings but now I'm not so sure.

>he doesn't know about the 80km curse

>permatank being attacked by all 3 of them
It's not some magic ship with a shield boost bonus

It gets the same resist bonus as an eagle and most 20% to all resists in armor or shield

they're maybe a tier below blasters, about 20% less or something. it's fuck all, with tracking you're usually looking at orders of magnitude difference

Sounds like you've never flown a Hic to find out what it can

I guess it would need some faction mods

no

>people thought citadels would replace jita

Just don't use hail unless you are shooting at things bigger than you

zkillboard.com/kill/56895433/

>being this bad

>capital rails

What newbie corp is "good"?

eve university.

just don't hang around longer than 2 or 3 months

most of the big newbie corps are are similar

To be fair, after you graduate you are sort of expected to at least move out of the dorms.

agreed, they aren't bad but there's an upper limit of what you can learn there

Perfect for newbies.

cucking miners feels great

wew u sure r an 1337 pvper :˘))))

you can always mine some more bro it's ok

Funnily enough they're the ones that rage the hardest when you actually bring them content. Loyalanon nearly blew a gasket when I podded him and told him to buy a permit.

>highsec "pvp"
>content

oh i am laffin

how is some highsec aspie an elite pvper

Who said highsec

they are autistic, spergy hypocrites who have rage quitted because "ccp ruins their game". who woulda thunk???

Who said that?

WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT?

WHO'S THE SLIMY LITTLE GALLENTE TWINKLE-TOED COCK SUCKER DOWN HERE, WHO JUST SIGNED HIS OWN KILL MAIL?

harbinger

>pirate battlecruisers never

Stratios is a bit battlecruisery. They could also reduce the powergrid on the Nestor, give it a bonus to mediums and further drop it's sig and give it an actual role.

Done.

>no balls coward ship with barely any weapons
>a bit battlecruisery

you can put a blood raider skin on your prophecy and pretend it's a mini bhaal