Tools General + Tool Organization Methods

I've been enjoying the tool threads I've started so let's get another going.

This time with the emphasis on organization.

I picked up this Craftsman set
>pic related
Cause it was less than half of any other listed price I had seen.
It's OK.
It works.
But to me, it takes up too much space.
Know what I mean? There's too much space in between sockets and just wastes drawer space.
That and the plastic pieces are so large that unless you have one of the large chests-o-drawers you can't fit more than one pieces in a drawer at a time.
Nice idea and all, just not practical.

I like the metal socket rails. Compact and portable.

i like those cheap trays with the pokey things to put your sockets on. I just use one for 3/8" deep since I use those 95% of the time. I just grab that tray out of my tool box and put it near where I'm working, then grab the 10mm 12mm and 14mm and keep them with me since that's the majority of the sizes I need on my cars.

These are great for wrenches.
Double sided tape to hold them to the drawer and you can place them however you want.

Not shilling here.
10-19mm's chill in a tray, 20-24mm's are in a weird cloth pouch thingy

8mm and other misc wrenches I have kind of sit in my "unorganized" drawer

my leftover mastercraft metric/imperial sockets go into one of these trays I got from HF when I was stateside

I bought one of those, weird cause theres no place for the odd 3/8ths Phillips and slot bits you get with random socket sets.

If you like organization, buy one of these. I think its neat as fuck

snappy branded 3/8ths deep/shallow came with their own magnetic trays.

they're neat as fuck but not labeled, so I end up grabbing a socket, reading and going from there if I got the wrong one

One of my favourite tool sets. 1/4 shallow, deep, 2 extensions, a 1/4 u-joint, 1/4 breaker bar (lol), 1/4 to 1/4 hex adapter and a screwdriver

All snappy was expensive as dicks, but you can buy the case on its own and fill it with other tools

found this during ATAF Sunday night....

thats why i like the colored horrible fright sockets, easy to grab the ones i need since i know the color

yeah, you know purple is 10mm and green is 12mm etc etc. Pretty convient, not going to lie

I actually have some princess auto socket trays for my 1/2 drive sockets, the posts are actually taller than the socket and you can read it before grabbing random sockets

I think these are the best but last I checked they seemed to be among the most expensive.
Anybody know where to find them cheap?

>boxes that don't say snap on

>buying a toolbox instead of a shitbox project

I just got these Ernst twistlock rails

Now it's a draw between these
And theseFor my next purchase

Anyone have any ideas how to organize all these picks and trim tools? Can't think of anything that doesn't waste a bunch of space

I have a "twisters" drawer for anything with a handle. all that shit goes in there, just throw it in.

my precision screwdrivers and picks are from snappy, they came in a little plastic tray, very tidy. I have one drawer strictly for pliers and screwdrivers. My trim tools look just like yours, kind of together in a drawer but all over the place

Do those plastic covered sockets work for Nissan/infiniti cars? I have a G35 with OE 19's and the lug nuts are so fucking deep recessed. I bought a 21mm thin-wall socket but you can still mark up the wheels with it

I have that same screwdriver but it's about, eh....40 maybe 45 years old.

Menards consistently has them on sale for around $4-6 a piece

An essential tool are those nylon zipties.

Picture shows an vital important use of nylon ziptie tool. Always keep some of the longer strong ones in your car's tool kit in your trunk.

Anyone have any amount of experience with Hyundai tools?

Mate has been offered a large kit of 1-year old Hyundai tools, both your standard spanners/sockets/wrenches and all that, plus an angle grinder, normal electric drill and a few more tools

I tell him that its cheap shit and he'll regret it, but he aint listening... so, how retarded is he being?

These are great. They take up a lot of room in the drawer but are perfect for when you need to grab the whole set of sockets and place it next to your workspace. And it's super easy to identify the socket you need.

>I tell him that its cheap shit and he'll regret it, but he aint listening

No need to buy a loaf of bread for $5.99 each when the $0.99 loaf of the same weight is sufficiently good enough.