Why are Mustangs so much more common than Camaros?

Why are Mustangs so much more common than Camaros?

Much more iconic. Cheaper.

This new mustang is really good too

Pretty much this.
Camaro's of today are bullshit fast by any standard, but they're not exceptionally comfortable. As their flagship badge states, they're a "Super Sports" car. They are designed with a driving enthusiast in mind.

By contrast, the Mustang lives up to it's own flagship badge. It's a "Grand Tour" car. Very comfy on the road, lots of creature comforts, more affordable, and a good Daily Driver.

The fact is, if you want to go supercar hunting on a lark, buy a Camaro and drop 10K under the hood and you've got a fucking monster.

If you want a daily driver with all the passing power you'll ever legally need, you buy a mustang, and spend that 10K on gas, which with an ecoboost will last a long god damn time.

I dunno mayne, 10k into a 5.0 stang will put down a lot of shit. Ford nailed it with the 5.0

The ecoboost meme is unreliable and worthless for being a potential tune project.

Camaro ergonomics are shit.
Visibility is shit.
For driving enthusiasts my ass.

>If you want a daily driver with all the passing power you'll ever legally need, you buy a mustang, and spend that 10K on gas, which with an ecoboost will last a long god damn time.

???

comparison of 10K aftermarket camaro parts and 10K worth of fuel.

Camaros chugg.

Can't see anything out of a camaro.

Because it's a girl car

>ecoboost
>mpgs
Mfw

I've got 27mpg in my wifes 2.0T Escape on a trip. Not bad for an SUV.

I can get about 32mpg city in my ecoboost mustang if I drive like a grandmother and keep it in 6th engine braking half the time

Well, the Ford Mustang came out halfway into 1964 and was a fucking moneyball getting bigger and bigger. The Chevrolet Camaro was to be "better" and dip into some of dat sweet honeypot that was "boomers" when they were young. To quote my boomer step-dad: "The Camaro was always faster than the Mustang. The Ford got blown out at every race. The reason why the Mustang was always chose though, was because it was known better. Had the Camaro been made before the Mustang and been exactly as it was, the Mustang would have never stood a chance." My step-dad swears to this day that until 2008, the Camaro will always beat the Mustang. "Ever since 2008, they are both pretty much the same. Just depends on who's driving. The computer or the human."

Foxes are faster than turd gens, did he forget the '80s?

Also, no F-body production from '03-'09.

This is from his life. I wasn't going to correct him based on life experience. At my age, he was rebuilding V8s from Fords and Chevys. I'm rebuilding I4s out of Chevys and Dodges.

it's a small SUV you cuck

But even the smallest SUV isn't designed aerodynamically for economy so he has mild rights to his rather amazing MPG.

OK, just pointing out that's wrong.

Keyword is still SUV, 27mpg for a brick with AWD is gud in my book.

Holy hell, an informed poster.

Because women prefer the mustang.

Well, for the most part throughout history, the Camaro was better than the Mustang. On paper is the best way to look at it. Paper is not the proper way to by a car but it is the proper way to analyze it. Paper removes bias. But I personally like them both equally with the 1960s Camaros being my favorite Camaro and the 2007 Mustang being my favorite Mustang,

Better looks and cheaper entry price.

They're both too big and fat, though. Get a Miata :^)))

I agree that the twins were usually faster, especially on anything but a straight road. But again, I was just pointing out foxes were quicker than the twins in the '80s.

Also, when the '96 Cobra dropped in late '95 LT1 guys were shook.

Got to drive a modified '97 SVT Cobra. Imagine a white kid sideways in a yellow sports car with a black dealer in the passenger seat bracing like a bitch. Happened in an intersection in Texas. Shit was movie-esk. No one moved. They just watched the event unfold.

Because normies gonna norm

The '94 Mustang GT prototypes were rocking the 4V engine and IRS with the Cobra getting the whipple. Imagine if Ford didn't think the Probe was going to replace the Mustang and let them put the prototypes into production instead of cutting their funding and forcing them to reuse the same old Fox platform stuff and the 2V.

because there were no camaros 2002-2010

Mustang looks more aesthetically pleasing, iconic, softer drive, better daily, cheaper

The biggest thing a Camaro has going for it is that you can get the lowest tier and build it all the way up to the SS/RS Luxury Grand Touring Doomsday Bananahammer trim with some cash moneys and a fuck-ton of time.

^^ also me

This, visibility is unbelievably bad on the camaro

As a person who has drove countless coupes and convertibles, they really aren't that horrible. I find that crossovers are the worst at visibility. But that's just me.

How many self-proclaimed sports or performance cars have that kind of visibility? I drove one years ago and it turned me off.

underrated

I'm 5' 11" and when I sit comfortably in the Mustangs, they have pretty shit visibility as well. Honestly, I give the Camaro a 3/10 and the Mustang a 4/10. Plus, have you drove a Lotus or E550 coupe?

they sell more Mustangs than Camaros . /thread

>The biggest thing a Camaro has going for it is that you can get the lowest tier and build it all the way up to the SS/RS Luxury Grand Touring Doomsday Bananahammer trim with some cash moneys and a fuck-ton of time.

And this can't also be done to a Mustang because?

>Had the Camaro been made before the Mustang and been exactly as it was, the Mustang would have never stood a chance.
>Had grandma had balls, she'd be grandpa.....

Hairdresser gossip

Because they make the cars different. The frames are just altered enough that it isn't the same. A V6 Camaro can literally have every part from a V8 thrown onto it whereas the Mustang had things like different motor mount positions and slightly altered frames.

And if you weren't on this board, you'd have a girlfriend. Funny how all this adds up huh?

Because GM retardedly stopped making F-bodies in 2002 and Ford didn't stop making mustangs.

OH MY GOD that really makes me think.
Have you alerted the hundreds of Mustang aftermarket manufacturers that make K-members, motor mounts, headers and swap kits that Mustang cannot be modified ?!?

Well sorry that I was wrong asshole, my step-father who has rebuilt mustangs from '64 to '99 told me that was his only complaint is that the Camaro is more modular in fields stated here I'm sorry that he didn't feel like drilling holes in spots that aren't manufacturer made which the Chevy counter part already had. This is coming from a Ford biased source as well.

Only the Ecoboob and convertible options according to what you posted

>Well sorry that I was wrong asshole
1000 keks. I point out YOUR idiocy and I am the asshole.
>I'm sorry that he didn't feel like drilling holes in spots that aren't manufacturer made
Mustang K member bolt on using the factory k member holes. derp.

>This is coming from a Ford biased source as well.
A Ford biased source that doesn't know jack shit.

>5' 11"

>Christian
>Calls me stupid
I lied, I'm actually 3' 9"

>>Christian
>>Calls me stupid
Jesus loves truth

That's pretty bad highway MPG for a lifted car. That's what a 3.6l pigfat GM CUV gets and it's got 3 rows of seats and weighs 5k+ lbs,

You don't even need a k member on the early Mustangs, just different motor mounts that bolt right in to convert from six to v8. That guys step dad doesn't know what he's talking about

EDGY THERE M80

Meanwhile my Santa Fe gets 35ish mpg

this.

Which I think are their best sellers

Because they stopped manufacturing Camaros for many years and then they came back in 2010

Supply and demand, kiddo

That was mixed driving including around town driving once we got to our destination. The computer said like 33 mpg on the highway.

Sure it does guy.

>manlets
>when will they ever learn

The mustangs curb weight is shit desu

Shit post tbqh

>Mustangs
>aesthetically pleasing

Camaro is more expensive and once you reach a certain point (around 55k) you can go up to a Corvette instead of having to stick around with high end mustangs.

>5'9"
>vertically challenged manlet
>inherit father's 86 iroc
>not in best shape, but fairly easy fixes
>sit in seat
>can't see shit
>tells me to lean back
>can't see shit
>thin seat belts
>no airbags
>wonders why I never fix it
im not going to die in that damn thing. Not worth all of the exposed metal.

>manlets don't get seat cushioning

>lotus
>E550 coupe
Nigga thats a merc

Because Mustangs are better

Here's something more aesthetically pleasing to you and your exquisite taste

if jeremy clarkston fit into one of them you could easily

I own a 2013 mustang and my buddy owns a 2014 camero, he complains alot about visibility. That was before he tinted all his windows 20%.

>he actually said he wants to trade it in for a mustang

Also, the Camaro has a stigma associated with man-boys who put Transformers badges on them. I still see lots of those badges. You wouldn't put a My Little Pony badge on your car, so why do Camaro owners think it's acceptable to put another '80s children's cartoon logo on their car?

>girl car

This tbqh. Every rich stuck up roastie cunt in highschool got a mustang from daddy the day they turned 16. It might be a decent car but to this day I associate mustangs with bad female drivers or total cucks.

>believing the computer
>ever

Yeah the only way to calculate true mpg is hand calculation.

i've added cushioning and adjusted the seat and it never really felt right. Either I couldn't reach the pedals in a comfortable way, or I couldn't reliably see over the dash. Of course every time I sit in the damn thing, my dad tells me to lean back. Seats sit so far back, fucking impossible to see a thing.

You could make a car completely transparent and some numb nuts would find a way to rear end the guy in front of him and claim he couldn't see.

why are you obsessed with this toothless retard

>women drive popular cars
Wow no way. If you said this just for the V6 you'd be right, though.

Agreed, pic related. Not for driving enthusiasts.

Mustangs have always been one of the best deals on the road.

Wow, an agera r has better visibility than a camaro.

I think camaro has had a white trash connotation to it for decades and now it's the transformers car.

>Christian
>Calls me stupid

يدعون له شقيق. سوف يجد هؤلاء الكفار الدين الصحيح، الإسلام، إذا شاء الله ذلك. الله أكبر.

I did calculate it by hand, but like I said earlier there was city driving done once we got to our destination which dragged the overall mpg down to 27. I'm just mentioning it because it seems to be fairly accurate considering what the normal mileage is around town.