/ink/ - Splatoon General

Undead edition

Previous Thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

News:
- nintendo switch is confirmed and splatoon 2 is on it
youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
- There's a splatoon tournament running through november. The first qualifiers for turf war starts on the 5th!
battlefy.com/splatoon
splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/152300860179/grab-three-friends-and-get-ready-for-the-splatoon

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

wilbert.com/
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/image/c6oaUOO-GThJS_LB69xKIg/
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/image/IlazAivx400Kic5N7ch-2Q/
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/161027_2e.pdf
discord.gg/9eT5MVs
polygon.com/2016/10/31/13462168/splatoon-nintendo-nx-esport-no
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

are we making a team for that tournament? if so, for what mode?

>go to splatoon.ink/ink
>redirects to a funeral site
wilbert.com/

embed

i hope everyone had a fun halloween
spooky squids are good squids

new thread

>Undead edition
This thread is as dead as this game.

Have a pity bump.

still can't believe we're actually getting spla2n
i'm excited to see what ungodly combinations of gear the x12 damage up eliters will come up with this time

They'd better make it clothes don't influence your stats anymore. There would just be too many variables with all the new cosmetic options.

how would they include the abilities then? gear works well because you can recognize what main abilities someone has before the match actually begins
although i'm not sure how they're going to handle trousers

You can determine someones playstyle by looking at the weapon they're holding, you don't really need to see their clothes and therefore stats too.
We also don't know what changes the new hairstyles, or 'species', are going to have either.

you make a good point, but there are slight differences in playstyle depending on the abilities, if that makes sense. a dynamo can run x12 damage up, or it could have a 50/50 split of ISM and ink recovery. there are some people who run max quick respawn on it, but i doubt it's particularly effective
what i'm trying to say all of them are going to spam flick, but countering them will all be slightly different and knowing the abilities will help
i hope the hairstyles don't have abilities attached to them though, that would be kind of stupid

Oh, but you would still see their whole ability spread after they've splatted you, same as it currently is. No biggie.
I'm hoping the cosmetics are made separate to stats so we can prioritize looking good, same as with the hairstyles.

Nah, that's usually too late. You baisically make blitzkrieg tactics even less effective than they are now.

I hope you all had a good Halloween!

>Grasshopper (Procrastinate) Callie
?

A Japanese Splatfest theme, Grasshopper vs Ants. Basically a metaphor for Carefree and distracted vs Hard working and dilligent.

No.

It's the middle of the day and it's as dead as can be here.

I don't suppose making the switch to /nintyg/ is even an option at this point. I could go there but I don't think anybody else will follow.

Damn, we really burned out after that Switch trailer.

hi /ink/
i hope we get more news on the switch soon

Happy belated Halloween, Marie!

Happy belated Halloween, Callie!

Thanks for spamming the general with your samefag roleplaying.

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/image/c6oaUOO-GThJS_LB69xKIg/
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/image/IlazAivx400Kic5N7ch-2Q/

Is it really samefagging if he doesn't even pretend to be different people? He just politely addresses both sisters.

that's really cute. i love it
we won't get more details on it until january, but i wish we did before then... maybe after the announcement, /ink/ will come back to life and i'll really be able to come back to it.
i wish you best of luck until then. thank you for sticking here so long.

thanks, user. i'm gonna stay until the bitter end
>until january
is that a guess or do you have a source for that? come to think of it, have the devs said anything about spla2n?

Can someone explain the Dynamo Roller to me?

>best ink spreading of any weapon
>literally out ranges half the snipers
>huge spread
>kills in one hit

Like what the fuck even? What level do I have to be to get one?

More like
>9/10 ink spread, but awkward inking pattern
>actual OHKO range is shorter than Tentatek's, beyond that it needs two hits
>still needs some aiming, unlike Luna
>kills in one hit that's slower than Splat Charger's charge

happy halloween, squids! okay, it's actually november 1st. but pretty close!
here's a comic.
>callie does her best for halloween. part 1.
it's confirmed.
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/161027_2e.pdf
>We plan to announce the price, software lineup, specifications and other product details for Nintendo Switch at a special “Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017” planned for January 13, 2017 (JST).
the devs haven't really said anything about splatoon 2, though. they have said that the new hairstyles are supposedly "new species" of squid, but that's about it.

Noseanon is the only good content creator. At least they're not in some stupid sekrit club.

It's basically impossible to get them with a splattershot though, unless you completely take them by surprise or they are just bad.

All they have to do is start spraying at you and then you're stuck in ink and they're out of range and you're basically fucked.

At least with snipers you can just juke the shit out of them and kill them most of the time, but this shit is ridiculous.

i wonder if the devs ever regret making the dynamo

they slam it with nerfs every update, so i assume yes

>Weapon you hate kept getting buffed.

Fucking N-Zaps. Fuck them to hell.

N-Zaps are fine, carbons can rot in hell

I hate them too
>has better range than tentatek
>almost the same kill time
>superior firerate
>you practically have a free run speed up with it
>kraken, echolocator splat bombs and sprinkler

I remember when there was only the original N-Zap and it had no buffs

they can't even kill from 2 meters away
they heavily got nerfed 2 times the great roller nerf and burst bomb nerf
if you have a problem with carbon rollers either git gud or try one yourself maybe then you can see the take actual skill to use
except for the carbon roller deco that one is for ignorants who dont realize which one is the superior roller

i think we are only two interested in the tournament here.
I'm down for any mode, I like them all

Nzap is easy. Splash, tho.

>try one yourself

I rarely use rollers but the default carbon is pretty much the only one I use.

is anyone gonna wanna squid squad up this evening

Sounds good. I was also thinking of doing them all.

I want to help out too, if I can -- are you the anons using steam?

Why steam? The tournament says to use Discord as the method of contacting the other teams.

I just said I wanted to squad up with someone last week and some user asked if I have steam so we could communicate. I agree that discord probably makes more sense

Okay then. Let's build a team.

discord.gg/9eT5MVs

night night /ink/
see you in the morning

polygon.com/2016/10/31/13462168/splatoon-nintendo-nx-esport-no

>Claims Splatoon can never be a good eSport
>Immediately compares it to League of Legends

it's not like splatoon has several tournaments lately, only esports have tournaments

let's see if we can do this

>comebacks aren't a thing in Splatoon he says
Read no further

Akiho knows what's fresh AF

>claims the balance if power is static- while the amount of map inked and specials charged is literally a rough indicator of team's power
>claims a single Kraken wiping out the whole enemy team is not a thing
>claims that it's too shallow strategy-wise
>claims thst a team can't adapt to other team- which is partially true, if you put a good comp against something like a team of inkbrushes, of course
>claims that skill ceiling is too low- bro, do you even Bamboozle?
>says like Spla2n will be a 100% recreation of Splatoon with zero changes whatsoever
What did that mofo smoke when he wrote the article?

welcome to game journalism in 2016
are you really that surprised?

Is there anything worse than Splat Zones on Bluefin Depot when the Zone is on the right side and your teammates go to the left side to all charge their specials?

anyone want to squad ? this or next rotation, I don't care

I feel like 90% of people confuse skill-ceiling and skill-floor.

i can play for a little bit if you want

nnid?

sorry, roommate decided to use the tv

>Polygon article

Tell them to fuck off.

Tell them yourself.

I wish but they gave me pizza ... I can't

You sold us for a pizza. Nothing wrong with that, but now we know /ink/ is worth less than ten bucks.

I would do it again for another pizza

If pizza had pineaples on it, show him the worst sister and say that they have to accept her as their waifu.
(captcha wants pizza, too)

STILL going postal

Aerospray PG is just a shit version of L3-D, which is a shit version of Custom Jet. How the hell did this situation happen, again?

Pineapple on pizza is GOAT but Marie is best grill

They all account for different playstyles, shush up

>tfw no callie to bully

wait... wasn't there a pineapple splatfest?

Yes, in Europe.

that just means its non canon

L3 and Jet- maybe, L3 inks more and Jet can keep Pros at bay just like L3 can do with Tentateks in return. Aerospray inks not much more than L3, is slower moving, is slower splatting, can't do bomb- 1 shot burst cancel because of puny capped damage, has medium depletion and has literally no range. I can't think of a single situation where PG is better than L3D.

Would you buy a Squid Sisters music game in the vein of Mikue Hatsune Project Diva?

Squid Beatz (which really should unlock the squid sister amiibo songs when you scan them, though)

Then the only canon splatfests are Japanese ones. So it's mostly food and advertising stuff.

what's something no one's seen art of yet

>squid nipples
>squid penis buldge
>shark teeth beak on Callie
Artist has no regards for squid anatomy