Are cars getting worse as time goes on?

Are cars getting worse as time goes on?

Engineering is improving, but not enough to keep enthusiasts in the new car market due to draconian safety laws.

/thread it now boys

>using '/thread'
>ever

I would reccomend suicide.

Dunno but new jags are muh dick status. And thankfully plenty of manufacturers make all those electronic nannies (lol lanewatch) optional as part of some gay "safety package".
So new cars are at least safer, faster, and more efficient. Just dont buy A-B shitboxes

No they're just getting more boring

Except for the BMW, the newer incarnations of those cars are notably better.

b8

But senpai what if i told you that you just used it, ever.

he's not wrong. 335i's are pretty good sports cars and look good. There's just thousands of 330's in ever city that look almost exactly the same and are driven by every rich college freshman.

yes. but probably for the reasons youd think.

it's not just that current designers have shit taste. (they do) its that the regulations and safety laws pretty much mean no fun is allowed because it could hurt you or a pedestrian.

rich poor, buddy who gives a shit, you can take your time capsule back to 1986 and fill an environmentally unfriendly WALLY B WORLD plastic bag full of my younger TODDLER SHIT and it wouldnt change a goddamn thing. want to talk cars? ok lets get down to brass tacks, my son is fucking SCREAMING in my 1999 Nissan Lifetaker Coupe. How do I know this with certainty? I took it into the fucking dealship and now they voided my warranty under "demon child" safety clauses. Im calling MAJOR LOOPHOLE TRICKERY on Nissan this is the last nissan i ever buy holy shit

boycott nissan i finally understand the NISSAN SCUM pictures that are sent to my house by a small man named mikey

It's just your opinion to say that they're getting "worse", or "better". From my viewpoint manufacturers are always learning, and if you look at the big picture, a car from 1950 is an utter unreliable waste bin compared to anything you'd buy today.

please keep posting and don't ever stop you beautiful bastard

>a car from 1950 is an utter unreliable waste bin compared to anything you'd buy today.
Audi's are still on sale though.

Sometimes you just have to find the right car that can both be useful and last.

>Vans and wagons are good cars to race, show and haul things.
>Almost no problems.

no people are
and they drag everything down with them

Eventhoguh I know what is coming next, the current designers do have a poor taste. There are some modern cars, even eco-boxes that look alright, like the Punto, or imo the Astra I three door version, hell even the Kia Niro looks okay for a soccer mom crossover.

Audibly laughed thanks

No. Only poor faggots who can't drive anything modern say something like that.
Drive a beginning of the century car and then drive a car from this year and you'll notice a huge difference in quality.

depends. I drove a 2010 Audi A3 lately and I didn't really enjoy it. My dads Citroen Xantia is more fun, but each his own.

You're here long enough to know that this is a board for car enthusiasts, not for normies who like shitty cars you fucking retard

>fiat quality
Yeah jeeps are great

Less reliable auto trans yeas but manual has become bullet proof with the exception of the clutch on most cars.
I don't think its so much safety as it is the need the average buyer seems to have in storage space and infotainment in a car. This makes the car lager and weigh more. More weight causes more momentum requiring more crumple space. Subcompact is dying by interest more than safety. Plus there is a lot more jammed in panels to block noise these days which is an annoyance.