/gowg/ - Gears of War General #19

Micro transaction hell edition

Welcome to Gears of War general. Here we discuss all things Gears related, including the games, expanded universe, state of the franchise and more.

Available November 1 for Season Pass holders as part of the early access Developer Playlist*, Checkout and Dry Dock will also be introduced into free public playlists on November 8.
Read more at news.xbox.com/2016/10/28/new-gears-4-maps-debut-november-1/#REvGBICztp0GmUWs.99

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

Gears of War 4 is available in stores now

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

xboxdvr.com/gamer/Odyxsey/video/23049701
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ESCALATION IS A SHIT MODE AND RIBBONS ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER HORSESHIT

I'm at the point where it's really hard for me to say Gears 4 has a better horde than 3

the biggest issue is the lack of roster diversity
they need to bring back locust, or have new types of swarm
or something

Less enemy variety and amped up difficulty requiring 4-5 turrets for even normal difficulty waves 30-50 do kind of kill it. Not that previous horde modes weren't find the one cheese spot on each map.

At least the lack of enemy variety is understandable since new game

Yeah but that doesn't explain the lack of wave randomization like zgears 3.

yeah but at least in Horde for Gears 2 and 3, you didn't die in 1 shot on fucking insane
nor did the boomers have pin-point accuracy
nor did the enemies have nearly as much health (aside from lambent zerker)

you die too easily and don't dish out enough damage without a fucking turret, they need to lower player received damage and enemy health, or increase player damage.

if they have to make turrets cost double or whatever, then so be it, but make shooting your normal rifle actually fucking worthwhile

How much do Killer Mike and El-P cost?? Can I buy them with credits??

More difficulty = more need of skills = more packs sales = more $$$

You really think The Jewalition will fix that ? Ha.

here's the thing
even with maxxed out skills it's still not fun
Insane is literally no fun allowed the difficulty

all they need to do is tweak damage dealt and received for hardcore and insane and it would be perfect

also people actually buy horde packs?
like with actual money?

20$ and no
why do you want to buy two literal who's anyway?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

are the maps gonna be available for private matches later you think?

Yeah a lot of retards buy horde packs. Numerous idiots also bought the Season Pass. No wonder the game is full of micro transactions, TC/Microsoft saw that people will just buy anything.

As results, we get a 20$ 2 character DLC with literal whos instead of free old characters that everyone wants.

I miss Epic Games.

Yeah, so I guess, /gowg/ lobby with new maps!

>20$ and no

are you fucking shitting me?

>why do you want to buy two literal who's anyway?

RTJ is one of the biggest acts in hip-hop right now, they are pretty well-known.

This was advice to get more character skins. Was /gowg/ right?

look at it this way, we don't have to pay for map packs

also remember Epic had pretty obnoxious DLC in Gears 3
but then again the main DLC was fucking great
we just have to wait and see I guess

To be honest, I'd rather fucking take a $40 skin pack with fuck loads of skins and expansion packs for $15 each, 3 being maps and 1 being a campaign addon and split the player base than this fucking shit.

They already have working Locust enemies in the prologue.

Locust Horde DLC when?
Mass Effect 3, say what you want about it, did a really nice job of supporting their multiplayer with new free DLC and enemies post launch, such as collectors.

This. Also main DLCs included characters, which completed the already huge roster of the base game.

why can't we have massive DLCs like RAAMs shadow that also include playable characters without splitting the base?
Also i'm "fine" with the MTs because you have to be a genuine idiot to buy them, they make all their money off of 5% of the playerbase, so we get free shit at their expense. Yeah the drop packs are overpriced nonsense, and MTs are cancer in general, but as long as I don't have to pay a dime, I don't give a fuck.

apparently the rtj airdrop comes with 18 weapon skins, emblems, and bounties

I didn't do the maths but I'm pretty sure getting all the weapons skins in Gears 3 is way cheaper than getting them for the same weapons in Gears 4. And at least in Geats 3, you're sure to get what you want. Fuck TC.

Relax. You're acting like gears 4 is the first game with cosmetic micro transactions. They're literally in every shooter now

Yeah but seeing the RTJ DLC, what chances is there that they won't do that for all cosmetics/skins ? Don't you care about that ?

different user,no idea what the fuck you're talking about

I know that. But it's the first Gear. And the franchise was fine without it. Compare the feeling of progression/rewards between Gears 3 and Gears 4.

I would certainly hope not, but this seems too much like a promotion more than anything
if they did this for say the Carmines, I will be rightfully pissed off, especially if we can't get them for free with credits

can't even pull up the new maps in a private match

Not until they go public next week and only if you got the season pass

I wanted more grill asses.

Ded thread

I think I might be growing weary of this game.
Pc online is nearly dead, season pass is a scam, and cross play is being handled in the worst possible way.
Think I can get a refund still?

Hey /bbg/

>instead of
Game hasn't even been out for a month and you're dumb enough to fucking think they won't add old characters to the roster in the future because of some dumb collab gear pack. Fuck.

Actually because the maps are in rotation won't you be able to play them on private matches anyways, even without the SP? I thought it was only maps that are out of rotation that you can't host private matches on.

yeah it's this

Makes me wonder which maps they'll take out of rotation, assuming they keep it a ten map cycle.

So I got the seasons pass because I bought the overpriced console bundle.

What exactly did I get over all you normies?

A Gears 4 Xbone and a shitty Gear Pack that gives you Vintage Oscar, Vintage Oscar Emblem, Vintage Boomshot and Vintage Retro Lancer. Also 6 other random Gear Packs.

It's kinda lame how Swarm are just Locust's successor.
Locust and Lambent are pretty distinctive and characteristic from the start, but aside from pupa and crystal stuff, Swarm are just the insipid, bland version of Locusts so far.

>one of the RTJ characters says "marked a fuck boy" when spotting people.

neat

I meant instead of old character FIRST. Who cares about rappers. Especially with how hated the base skins are.

Can you add me to the goggle document senpai?

Mackadoodle5594
USA (EST Time zone)
PC/Xbox One
Down for whatever
Yes I have a microphone

Okay this was all I needed to know to actually buy it. Thank goodness.

*the 2 characters literally just replace the head model for Commando Dom with El-P and Armored Cole with Killer Mike. The 15 Weapon Skins are the same skin on all 15 weapons, then you get 2 10k bounties and 2 emblems.

Enjoy goy!

Is there a video of all their lines and shit yet? Sunglasses man looks cool.

Wait so are there new weapon skins or what? The guy I replied to said there would be 18 skins in them. Does that mean those skins are already something I can unlock?

This game really wants me to use the longshot, doesn't it.

holy shit I can't stop laughing.

I get so many longshot skins too

He's wrong, there's 1 NEW weapon skin on all the 15 weapons.

Right after this pack I opened another elite and got another 2 fucking longshot skins.

Well. To be fair I don't like the sound of that either but its something at least.

>This game requires a 5.8GB download

Haven't played in about a week
What the fuck is the update?

5.8GB is absolutely colossal

>xbone crashes as I search for TDM
>relaunch requeue
>two people d/c at the start of TDM
>teammate goes 0-9 the whole game
>wouldn't be as terribly bad if he had assist points but he has literally 0 points
>we lose

time to take a break

I've heard of dubstep, but shitstep?

youtube.com/watch?v=J03lchYtjuQ

needs more MLG horn

GoW4 for PC?
Y/N?

I really hate the idea of buying anything from Windows Store but I've completely moved on from consoles. I'm only thinking about this because of the fun times I had on 1-3 and even judgment day and the fact that I'm seriously lacking in fun multiplayer shooters right now.

People keep saying pc is dead but you still have campaign and horde. They also are testing the waters soon with pc console crossplay. Personally I say get it but I also have bought ever pack and promotion for this game that I have become a big shill.

>pc console crossplay

Unless consoles support mice now it's gonna be a disaster just like it was with Shadowrun.

Well its not an fps on top of people don't think mouse and keyboard are capable of what people on controllers can pull off. I personally think maybe the crossplay will miraculously be perfect just because it fucking has to if pc wants to stay alive. So I guess its all hope.

Ok, cool.
I'm not investing 70€ on hope and single player though..

Anyone down to play anything?

So don't!

Does the skin look cool at least?

How does the game feel? Is it like Gears 2/3?

What are the MP maps like?

Skins look like this xboxdvr.com/gamer/Odyxsey/video/23049701

Feels like a tighter 3. I love it. Maps are great across the board with some certainly peaking above others. Though a few of them feel a lot like gridlock. Including gridlock.

Took me a while to understand why the run by jews airdrop is so expensive. When you buy the airdrop you get 4 packs which guarantee you to all the weapon skins, characters and emblems. TB H I prefer this over getting shit from esport luck packs. Getting two black steel enforcers should never happen again.

yeah but it's the same skin for every weapon

what if I just want the characters?

Then you get extra skins because there is no way just get the characters. I don't know how they would have split it up just to only get the characters because the pack system gives you like 5 cards. So what would the other three cards in the pack be?

Make it a special pack then that only gives you 4 items:

both characters and a bounty for each one

Honestly its all what ifs that they probably should have though of at this point. Its not actually that bad for me. I wanted all the skins too. Originally I thought it worked like the esport packs and thought I would have had to buy four $20 dollar packs to get them all so being what it is right now doesn't seem so bad. I should get payed for thinking they keep doing everything right.

i bought this game for $42

the airdrop is $20

almost half the cost of the game for a few skins....

Optional skins. They could charge what ever they wanted for that.

>turquoise
TC, you had me on the hook but were using worn out string. No shekels today

/gowg/ is dying. Where should I go if I want to find people who play?

Shall we make a Club on Xbox?

There is a club for /gowg/ but its deader than the discord. I guess I could just join the official gears discord but I don't think there are better players than /gowg/

its optional, but still in bad taste.

I miss the days where you could unlock an entire games roster without paying extra.

even though Gears 3 had DLC characters too, you could unlock a sizable chunk of the roster on your own.

/gowg/ don't die. You are the only human contact I have in my life.

I'll have time to play tomorrow.

Updating the game is a pain. Windows store is such a shit platform.

I put so little effort into such a unfunny picture.

Well at least its the first OC in ages. I like it.

where to find the sweatiest tryhards:

escalation
execution
co-op against ai

cool update tc maybe next month i won't have to change my brightness and volume settings every time i start up the game

why the FUCK do season pass owners have to pay for all this shit

>rtj dlc is 19.99

FIJADSOFSDJFOADS
GRRR
GRR
GRR

THE COALITION ARE SUCH FUCKING JEWS WHY CAN'T THEY EAT SHIT

kek
>ANYA
>IT'S A GIANT DLC
>THEY'RE SINKING OUR WALLETS WITH AN OVERPRICED DLC

Because it's not part of the season pass obviously.

do people really think arms race is fun

>only gametypes you can play the new maps on are Arms Race and Dodgeball

why

If you buy it on PC , you get it on Xbox One at no additional cost. That's what I did. The same works conversely as well.

PC is kinda dead. Sure the FPS boost and easier aiming is awesome in Horde and Campaign and PC play lists but the community is small as fuck. I ran into the same group of people several times in a row. Granted my work schedule kinda makes it so I don't play with lots of people during the day but Xbox definitely has a much larger player base.

>implying that's not spot on
10/10

Because you fell for it, lmao and so did I ;__;

>Gears download won't work

Is there any penalty for quitting ranked? I'm getting real tired of faggots getting shit on and leaving on round 2 of dodgeball.

I think there's an EXP penalty. But they mentioned in their last dev notes that they are considering enacting harsher penalties (such as temp bans for repeat quitters).

Honestly, the quitting is kinda bad, but the number of matches where I start without a full 5 people is worse (and usually leads to quitters). The game really needs to not start the match if it's 3v5, and find some more people.

I hit a triple with a blind drop shot but it was against bots cause the other team left :/

is horde having a matchmaking glitch?
i keep getting put in a room with one person

#itrunsinthefamily

If they are talking about a Carmine pack, I hope you can buy it with credits.