/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Fuck off ArmA, fix the group's TS edition

Previous Sortie: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, Arm*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YcLiAAVeYhk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ls2u6Ue2LM4
webmshare.com/play/d1MKY
youtube.com/watch?v=DTV92wqYjfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No anime allowed edition

I'm starting to think you want this to happen.

Remember that DCS will never have the things you want.

>autists fighting among oneanother
>anime starts flooding the thread
>suddenly the vast majority of posts is anime shit
The only way to fix it is to not feed it.

I'm liking the slight revival BMS is having however, even playing more DCS myself.

pic related

WWI ops when?

No AMRAAM no sale

>mfw I'm an actual pilot

What do you fly

Not for long kiddo

what's the difference between the x52 and the x52 pro apart from the colour

Ones shit.
Another ones pro shit.

What do you recommend instead then fucko

Post lewd planes

How many people here actually do fly something, real question now.

/workingonaPPL/ here.

Really depends on what version you get, my pre-MadCatz one works like a charm and has been doing so for ages. Anything after the takeover is apparently shit though.

The new Thrustmaster that's comming out looks good for a cheap hotas. But I will miss my dual stage trigger.

Can some kind user upload the sandbox stratis and altis from arma 3 workshop?

Will it be a step up from the hotas x?

Yes

Probably, I upgraded to a 52 from that years ago. But it's basically a T.16000 with a throttle next to it, so that should be good.

172s but I'm going to a flight school to go from PPL to CFI next week and they fly SR20s and Seminoles

I've done a discovery flight and flew an old T-6 years ago and both experiences were baller as fuck, but I can't afford to commit to a PPL right now.

Good luck mang. Sitting in a Tecnam here.

Yeah shit gets expensive way too fast with that unfortunately. Even the glider licenses are still up there.

>mfw finalizing loan today

Your getting a loan to get a pilots license?

No I already have my PPL, getting a loan to fund getting IR, CME, and CFI.

How much do they charge for an IR again, or rather how many hours do they want for it?

>he auto starts his car instead of going through the full start up procedure.

Lmfao wow, you guys will never make it.

I'm not sure what the exact hours are desu, it's weird because 141 is different from part 61. I know I can count more sim time than usual through 141.

(You)
Do not feed him

>141
>61
Well I'm only familiar with EASA so I can't help you there, was just curious.

Odd though that the IR would be in a different part than the regular stuff for Licensing.

youtube.com/watch?v=YcLiAAVeYhk

What are these simulations?

halp

Tacview

Basically a far more advanced version of those simulations that would play at the end of Ace Combat levels, that works with just about every flight sim out there.

>without getting a forum account?
Fucking get one already, it gets more and more annoying to spoonfeed you shitters the download links every time.

Oh, that's pretty cool, I thought it's like standalone simulation program

>tfw you get so mad you respond to a 13 hour old post
I'm not gonna register on a forum that I'll never visit just to get a download link for a mod. I'm not sure who is behind that shit decision, but it sure as hell makes it annoying to get into the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ls2u6Ue2LM4

J-20 airshow

It is, it's made to be able to accept replays from pretty much everything.

Well 141 and 61 are different for all ratings I THINK. Basically part 61 is if you get your ratings and hours on your own with your own CFI, whereas 141 is a school setting, so it's a specific syllabus approved by the FAA, which is why they can get away with more sim time and less hours for ratings.

>It doesnt work will Il-2 yet
>Both tacview and 777 are taking their time with working to fix that
Just end me my dude

Couple of BMS questions:

Is there anyway to see the total losses in planes, or even ground units on each side? I know there is an events log, but is there any other way to see what planes have been shot down, units destoyed etc?

Also, is there anyway to have a Israel campaign against Syria, Jordan and Egpyt at the same time?
Currently I feel as though both of the campaigns are too easy and Israel absolutely dominates them in under 24 hours regardless of how well you fly (i guess this is realistic)

I want to fight all 3 of them at the same time. I'd be more challenging and would be a neat 6-day war 2000 edition.

Also does there exist a BMS roadmap? Basically what kind of features are planned?

Alright we don't get that here IIRC, it's just all in the Air Crew regulation.

I should really know this shit I work with it.

Does it work with ROF? Given that 777 seems to be in on it.

Then fuck off and don't play with us.

Have fun with your dying community :^)

Dude fuck off with your pictures.

You're just wasting our image limit with 0 content.

Yea I will. Rather have no community than turn into Hoggit central where people cry because things aren't spoonfed to them on a silver platter.

At this point we need to give you lazy fucks 2 download links for the game, plus the base game and atleast 2 theaters. And ontop of that you then need to be fed a profile which are also on the forums.

So you need like 7 download links from the forums. You need this shit constantly. Fucking deal with it. Make an account or FUCK OFF.

I dont know if ROF works with Tacview but reading some Il-2 forum posts seems to point that both dev teams dont like to talk to each over for some reason such as not reading emails or not even talking at all.

>triggered

craig are you in here?

>get confusing calls by awacs
>"mig 29 on your 3, 5miles out"
>instead of being smart and burning away decide to press on a 29
>completely ignore the fact that 21 has been chasing us forever
>turn on the 29,cant see him
>call awacs
>"Bandit on your 6, 5miles"
>fuck,must`ve merged with the 29
>cant see him cause of storm clouds
>get totally disoriented in the clouds
>splashed by a 21
webmshare.com/play/d1MKY
>mfw

How do I into a rope ?

>Implying the feeding will end there
Then he'll need the reguditated manual fed to him, because reading is huuurd.
Then he'll need training fed to him, then you'll have to baby sit him in ops, in the vain hope you gain a +1, but he'll likely just disappear after being fed everything needed.

>the same 3 shitty images of MiG are better than qt girls
NO

You seem upset my man.

Yeah the European stuff is alot different. idk if it's easier or more difficult over there.

See what happens when you let them in?

Name one thing /a/utists can't ruin

Unironic frogposting is unarguably worse.

>that dcs netcode

Overall it's the same probably.

I know one difference is that theoretical exams under EASA are split into 9 different ones, while it's one big one for FAA, and that there is no theoretical questions during the practical exam under EASA while there allegedly are a few under FAA if the examiner is feeling like a dick.

But given that it's both based on the same standards, I don't think there's much of a difference for the content.

Don't bring MiG into this. At least they are sorta on topic.

And if you wanted R A R E migs all you had to do was ask my friend.

Anyone?

>/simg/ in the background

Now that's a rare mig.

>When you try to kill yourself, but still want to live, and can't decide

So this thread is gay. Since most here play all 3, why don't we have a thread that combines wgg, simg, and a3g.

This group is all about milsim shit anyway, so just have the general that's all realistic military gaming.

>Since most here play all 3
This is where you are wrong. Stop trying to force a3g on us.

>a3g
>realistic military gaming
Made me chuckle, 1/10 bait.

>inb4 baited & bodied

>a3g
>wgg

Get out

Remember not to listen to vaporwave because it is meme music.

Post more wgg memes

The biggest meme was manufacturing drama between wargamers and simmers.

>said while 90% of the TS is playing arma

>Soviet tanks didn't have tube launched missiles

I remember that

youtube.com/watch?v=DTV92wqYjfA

FPRS 2.0.11s is released.

Major changes
>Everything that was changed in the 2.0.11.x betas, including bug fixes from them
>Lag issue is practically gone: Game is playable for more than 30 minutes, now!
>Origins 2016 (A convention where the developers met with some others and played tradtional wargames as well as various discussion) content included, such as:
-6 Brand new scenarios from Origins, all centered around containing the outbreak of a Soviet OMG in the are around Kirchheim unter Teck, near Stuttgart
-Kirchheim unter Teck itself, a map twice as large as standard FPRS maps
-A new Soviet subfaction, the OMG, featuring high-level Soviet equipment and training/initiative/readiness levels on par with their NATO counterparts

Over the next few days I shall make a blind play-through and DAR of the first scenario, "Contact"

Thanks, BMPak, is it worth installing over 2.0.10bs like you recommended before?

Yes. The bugs which caused NATO to be OP have largely been fixed.

Viggen soon fellow Stalkers

Thanks! Probably I will continue working on my 1968 mod, when I'll get free time.

>mfw launch authorization

In the south, we have Task Force Charlie. They consist of an Armored Cavalry Troop, with 10x M1A1, 12x M3A1, 3x M106, and a single stinger team guarding the SHQ.

In addition, a tank company of 14x M1A1 is also organic to the Task Force.

We have plenty of support assets on-call for tasking. Task Force Charlie and their Apaches are 10 klicks to the west, a full battalion of 24x M109 Howitzers are positioned in Kircheim itself, and various fixed-wing assets are streaming in, the earliest being a Wild Weasel section set to arrive in ten minutes.

Intel on the enemy suggests a brigade-sized force or OMG of the 11th Guards Tank Division. These are badass motherfuckers and are likely equipped with high-end T-80s, including the (anachronistic) T-80U. They are armed to the teeh with high-level rocket artillery, strike aircraft, helo support, and heavy SAM support to reduce the effectiveness of our own air assets.

Both sides are armed to the teeth. The question is, will we survive?

Feel free to help decide placement of TFC's units. The 12 Bradleys can be dispersed into sections of 2 each, but the M1A1s will stick to their platoons of 4. Blue hexes denote our deployment zone.

POOSK

RAZRESHOON

heh,

za rossiya

ogon'

Oh shit, hyped up as fuck, please continue. %%

Have you dieded? ;_;

these posts take a while to make

No probs, m80

can we talk about Yandere Sim here or no?

Kill yourself

In the north, Task Force Alpha will be the main actor here. Their deployment zone rests within the town of Plochingen, including a 1000 point objective where route B10 crosses the Neckar river.

Their composition differs from Task Force Charlie's: Instead of a single troop and tank company, TFA instead simply has two troops. They will have access to the same support assets as Task Force Charlie, and will also be reinforced by Task Force Bravo which is four hours out from the FEBA.

Reichenbach an der Fils contains a railway station worth 250 Victory points. Since that costs less than an M1A1 platoon, we'll use it as nothing more than to bait Soviet armor into attacking the town. The same stiff opposition faced by TFC faces TFA.

Don't talk to me or my tape delay ever again.