Why don't "Americans" appreciate F1?

>Is it because they have no class?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=umNiUIDzN0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do. Huge fan.
But i know no one else who does

Because it's a shitfest that's been drained of all competition, thrill and innovation thanks to regulations.

It's boring, no American manufacturer s, sour grapes from '05 usgp

>no American manufacturer
Try again
Youre ignorant

Haas uses a Ferrari drive train, try again.

because they like going around circles

Meanwhile in "Murica"

>goal posts

Technically every circuit race does this

Too much corners.

Because theres no innovation or competition. Whats so enjoyable about watching follow-the-leader for two hours to see a Mercedes win every weekend? It might be worth it if there were any interesting technological innovation, but there isn't. Any time a team comes up with some new technology or innovative design technique, the technology is immediately banned and the team is slapped with a multi million dollar fine, whether or not the innovation broke any rules.

Why do people think this?
You obviously dont watch F1

Their chassis is also built by Italians, and none of the drivers are American either, but please spout more memes because you have no counterargument. The team is American in ownership only and obviously that isn't enough to make many people in the states care.

Can drink while competing in this open-wheeled racing event.

I watch every round. Mercedes wins every round unless they manage to wreck each other. Thats not competition, its bullshit.

'MKEK'

Because they have better tech and innovation...
I dont like it either but it inspires other teams to try things to catch up.
Like hondas weird turbo setup

>no innovation or competition
>watches 200 laps of cars going on a round track

>implying disliking F1 means liking NASCAR

cus they are not real cars. Its all track crap only. i rather watch real cars that average people can buy race

We need more homologation racing in general

The thread is about why Americans don't like F1, but Americans do like NASCAR.

Americans like barbeque, beer and the smell of burning fuel. NASCAR is about the weekend around it, the race is just a small part

>V6T+Electric vacuum cleaner engine

we can not relate to tiny displacement v6 engines that make so little torque they need to take the fenders off to reduce weight.

Why don't other countries appreciate NASCAR? Or hot dogs, American football, or even hunting with an assault rifle?

Is it because they're jealous of my freedoms?

F1 could not be made more boring than it is now. Worse than the horrible days of Schumacher (pbuh). I fell asleep last time I was watching it, didn't fall asleep during le mans - although it isn't what it used to be either. American hot dogs are crap, much better in Denmark. American football blows but it beats European football. Rugby and handball are better sports, but I only care for women's beach volleyball and gymnastics desu. Bring back homolegation classes and give us more guns pls.

not same fag, but he is absolutely right.

being huge F1 fan since late 80s, all went down the shitter since new stupid regulations were made up every year since 10years ago.

and it's stupid having a pilot's championship:
you want to find the best pilot? everyone should have the same car.

maybe that's why there are all the regulations, but then why having a constructor's championship if you make more and more regulations (thightening the possibilities for creative engineering and therefore improvement and innovation)?

FIA should cut the BS and decide: pilot's or constructor's championship.

I'm sad that times like pre-80s are long gone.

well, one thing they did right during the years: no traction control.

now they should go back to manual transmission with the almighty stick.
oh, yeah, also fuck off those stupid city-circuits. It's a pain, eyes are bleeding, I refer to singapore, baku (GP of Europe...what. the. fuck.) and co.
Monaco is fine because it's a tradition.

>go back to being slower
Yea, no. Manual a shit. They just need to cut the efficiency bullshit out and allow manufacturers to use more boost and electric power.

>electric
>power

Nice joke, Ollie.

Because there's only like one F1 race per year that happens in the US.

NASCAR has just as much regulation as F1 and the amerilards jerk their tiny cocks to that shit on the daily

to be fair, that looks like way more fun than racing in F1

Modern NASCAR is rubbish, but it's worth remembering that once upon a time, stock car racing was actually that, stock cars- and one of the best ways to bench-race about whose car was faster. My Ferd is faster than your Chebby, it just won at Daytona. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday and all that jazz.

This And I dislike professional racing in general. Oh wow, a bunch of dorks who have been driving go-karts since they were toddlers. This is so interesting and relatable. Half the wonder of sport comes from people who could be your peers, who could be you, doing amazing things. Other sports have poor fucks who did something in school or in parks when they were teens reach the pro level, racing is mostly rich kids, with outliers that skipped out on legal tracks here and there like dorifto kingu.

It's like watching fucking horse racing.

>pedigree horses that cost more than your house
>jockeys who trained from childhood, only the manletest of manlets
>result: more gamblers than actual fans

Implying Europeans are appreciating F1.

No seriously it has been shit for the last 3 years at least.

>average distance between cars during F1 race:
47 feet
>average distance between NASCAR cars during race:
5 inches

>average speed during F1 race:
72 mph
>average speed during NASCAR race:
181 mph

I pretty much don't watch any televised motorsport because the cameras ruin the sense of speed. I'll watch rally stuff on youtube on occasion. I wish road race stuff was more popular here, I can appreciate the challenge of oval but it's not great to watch.

>pro football players
>Full time athletes who train most of the week, are paid millions, fuck the best bitches and play in the most important leagues of the world

>pro basket players
>Full time athletes who train most of the week, are paid millions, fuck the best bitches and play in the most important leagues of the world

>pro [whatever fucking top level sport you want] player
>Same thing

>Wow those guys are so relatable, they could totally be me, we are totally the same, I could literally take their place right now

Meanwhile, on racing cars

>pro racing drivers

>waaaaaaaa those spoiled brats are so distant from me, i can't watch them because they get too much money and were trained since they were little waaaaaaaa not at all like other pro athletes!!!!!!!

Seriously, the only difference is that on other sports sometimes a lucky kid playing for his school team gets picked by a talent scout and his life changes completely.
Motorsport has never been a poor man's sport, even more so since most drivers outside of factory teams pay to drive race cars at any level.
Stop being mad at their rich background and maybe you could see that even rich people can be talented at something sometime, like driving racecars.

I swear to god this whole "they are all rich dorks" argument gets me so mad

I just dont like watching races where all the cars look the same. I dont care about the drivers, I just like cars.

For me the most entertaining races are

24 Hours of LeMans for all the sweet sweet Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, etc GT cars
&
24 Hours of Nurburgring for all the oddball cars that you wouldn't normally see in a race like that. I mean you have shitty little commuter cars flying around the same track as GT cars and its all happening at the same time. I think thats fucking great.

I much prefer rally and top fuel dragsters to F1

I stopped watching many years ago.

They need to deregulate.

>>average speed during F1 race:
>72 mph
i'm guessing that was monaco. some faster tracks have average speeds of 150-160 mph

although i'm not into nascar, there's something oddly precise about high speed pack racing that i can appreciate especially as the cars themselves are relatively low-tech

> Being this autistic

/Thread

>Can't enjoy a sport because the players had rich parents
>calls others autistic

Ok m8

I like F1, but this is true. It's really boring seeing Nico Rosberg on the top step and not a single lead change the entire race.

Also the races aren't promoted for shit and they are on retarded channels. I try and watch (or at least DVR) all of the races but never know when they are because they only show commercials for the races on the channel that plays Bundesliga soccer all day. The US Grand Prix is the only race the whole year that you don't need a $200 cable package to afford. All of the European races are on at like 7am on a Sunday morning and the Asian races are on at 1am. And god forbid there is a Premier League game on at the same time, then the race will be on CNBC and who the hell knows what channel that is?

I'll tune in to F1 racing occasionally but I usually can't watch a whole race without being bored to death.

They place the cameras so far away that the cars look like they're going slower than freeway speeds, the cars are usually relatively far apart, the commentators generally sound bored and talk about people I don't know (because F1 is hard to watch) and...that's it.

I think my biggest beef is with the camera angles, especially the habit of placing the cameras in the next zip code and shooting the race from there.

> Thinks he's responding to the same guy

Having two championship titles is also tradition.

There has never in the past 20 or so years been an F1 champion who was a pay driver or only there cause money. All the best drivers come from somewhat humble beginnings.

F1 sucks though, the only motorsports worth watching are MotoGP and WRC

Because it simply doesn't interest me. I don't drive like they do, I don't want to drive like they do, and when I do drive I have different causes than they do.

this
also Le Red Italian maymay cars win everything notable

check your decade m8

I used to watch every F1 race since the mid 90s, it hasn't produced good racing since that brief period between Schumacher winning everything and Vettel winning everything.

BTCC is the shit though, I never miss a race.

What channel is it on these days? I'd love to watch it again but never seem to catch it on live

...then you must be an ameripoor who's mad because the whole "americunt" car company is failing. LEL.

>going to brands hatch this weekend
hype

who says they don't? plenty show up in Austin and Montreal, lots of us will be waking up at o dark hundred this weekend to watch live coverage from the far side of the planet. Contrary to global perceptions, there is a healthy twisty track scene in the US. But the Redneck Turn Left and Accelerate dumb Merkin lets folk feel superior, so feel free to ignore.

Real Reason: Merkins hate losing, hate sports that they cannot dominate, as they challenge that irritating sense of entitled superiority.

americans like to have the race vehicles resemble something they could own or do own. Its why nascar uses shells based on current vehicles.

ITV4, BTCC takes over the channel all day when there is a race on.

>Starts around 11am
>All BTCC races live
>support races shown too, some live
>pre-recorded support races to fill in gaps
>close racing
>multiple drivers from different teams and in different cars all capable of winning the championship
>will likely come down to the last race of the season

Mad jelly.

What the fuck kind of normal car does this resemble

Not a Nascar vehicle.

And those races draw in people because of pure power.

The first time you go to one you will understand.

youtube.com/watch?v=umNiUIDzN0Q

No, motor vehicle manufacturers create a shell based on a vehicular product they wish to advertise and then sponsor a team to use said shell.

BUT IT HAS A CHRYSLER ENGINE

>fan cars
>6 wheelers
>unique setups
If you tell me you could identify each teams F1 car with no panels, you'd be bullshitting me.

Absolute truth.

Bring back Group B rallying.

Group B with modern tech would be so fast it'd devolve into rulefaggotry in no time flat. Group A is where it's at, make the manufacturers roll out actual AWD homologation specials instead of "the engine block and the bodyshell is the same so this shitbox with stickers is the closest you'll get :^)"

I like 70s and 80s F1.

colorful drivers.
cars that did different things.

crashes, death and injuries were common.

I miss Group B too.

Not a NASCAR fan, but judging by crowd sizes I see on TV, its popularity has gone down significantly.

People like seeing things they recognize on the track. That's what makes stuff like V8 Supers so popular in Australia.

>tfw no more Group A or B

Homologation would probably bring quite a bit of interest to F1. Imagine if they could get away with selling a bunch of these things to the public.

>no rules, just sell however many to the public

And so resumes the automotive arms race that preceded the 90s sports car (and Group A specials) era.

I love F1, my wristband for the Austin GP just came in the mail. I'm hyped as fuck.

>Homologation to F1

What the fuck is going on in your brain

I agree with your point about the camera angles, I would like to add that WEC, another FIA series, has great camera angles. They make the cars look really fast, which is one of the main reasons I can watch a race for 6 hours, even when there isn't any passing. You get a great sense for the cornering speed, and it makes just watching them drive exciting.

Street-legal death machines.

That's not a formula car at all tho

THIS

It isn't, but the idea is for something absolutely batshit sold to the public to be legal to register.

Imagine taking a Formula One car down the German meme highway or along one of those American roads that never ends. Highway coppers couldn't hope to catch you.

Obviously it'd never work. Nobody could afford one in the first place and it'd be the most impractical thing to try and drive about but the idea is pretty cool.

its just that the f1 cars are too sterile
I'm more in to group 6 and 7 equivalents

This seems like the place to ask:
Is it true that Reutemman got sabotaged by Williams?

Im American and I prefer F1 over most other forms of motorsport.

Hope v8 supercars fuck off when local manufacturing goes in a few years.

Bring back actual cars, not this silhouette BS

how much did it cost you? I'd road trip from Chicago for a GP

They should go to this Red Bull concept. Which is a car that the drivers can not actually drive to the max potential, at least safely.

F1 sucks man, has done for a long time.

t. not american

Boring.
Skinny lanes: boring.
Less lead changes in a _season_ than a single NASCAR, IndyCar, go kart or daily rush-hour commute: boring.
Cars are all the same: boring (IndyCar has same problem)
Bitchy drivers: that's kinda fun

This. The days of notable drivers is long gone. There will never be another Newman or McQueen. The highlight for today's motorsports fan is the gear, the vehicle. Having a whole grid of cars that look the same is absolutely yawn-worthy. The only arguable exception is bikes, and that's because you get to see the riders actually physically interact with their vehicles beyond gas-brake-wheel. Seeing a bunch of differently-colored pocket rockets crest and lean and weave is also more exciting due to the higher risk of danger to the rider.

I can easily explain this.
>going to a drag event is often very similar to going to the county fair or the carnival; prize lotteries, walk-arounds, copious amounts of vendors selling junk food, and other track events happening nearby if you get bored
>a simplistic and clear-cut contest of grip, torque, and acceleration between two insane-looking cars with more horsepower than sense
>a winner is decided in less than 15 seconds of eardrum-splitting, rib-rattling, vision-blurring sound and fury
>there's also a good chance the car will catch fire and/or eat a wall
Drag pulls are a quintessentially American thing.

Well, not the person I meant to reply to, but whatever. Have an explanation, anyway.

>every American likes NASCAR
kek, go ask some NHRA guys what they think of NASCAR.

I think a lot comes from the commentators...

I don't watch many motorsports either, but when i did it was because the MotoGP guys were verbally wanking about Lorenzo/Rossi duels and Casey Stoner in general.

Go listen to italian commentators on old races, you can _feel_ the adrenaline

because it's fucking boring

I wish they'd swap the cars for LMP1 cars
>as fast as the slowest f1 cars
>very different cars (audi diesel, nissan attempting FWD)

I've been a fan on F1 since I was a kid,but it died for me the moment they introduced current v6 engines