No one will own a car in 5 years. Veeky Forums BTFO

No one will own a car in 5 years. Veeky Forums BTFO.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Grandfather clause.

in case of a hurricane or emergency, there won't be enough ubers to evacuate the city

riding in dirty cars that you share with filthy people

being constantly late

not enjoying driving

no fun

implying hillary won't be elected

government transportation

So in the city I think there will be public-use but corporate-owned 'driver stations' where you check in, rent a car for the day and then bring it back. It'll likely be a subscription service to help with fuel costs.

I expect the cars to be hybrids or maybe even EVs and will likely be very spartan (like uncomfortable cheap seats) but have certain creature comforts like iPhone docking and shit like that. I imagine they'll have cameras/mics in the cabin and likely outside to help determine who is at fault for crashes.

I could picture the companies that own the driver stations being companies like Ford & GM who'll still sell cars but rely more and more on the service side of business

>
i can't imagine not having a car in the garage at a moments notice. say my senpai is in emergency and i have to get their quick. i'm not going to call for a ride that may or may not show up.

also utility vehicles and business owners that have constant use

Thats why it would be a city-only service and not for suburban/rural communities

lmao.

>take a train 9 fucking hours to go to la
>take a car get there in 4 or 5 hours

ownership should never be illegal

choice is paramount

>but there are so many neckbeards adamant on taking these choices away and insisting that car ownership should be illegal

My car is already 58 years old and Im pretty sure I'll still have it in 5 years time....

over my dead body

i got my licence this year and i will be the LAST to give up my driving

chilling with friends and family
music
art
food
sex
sport
film
driving

>after driving, what will they take away next?

they already "took away" music with services like Pandora and Spotify. They "took away" games with Steam and Origin and PSN.

Yet you can still buy and OWN music, games, TV+movies, etc etc. Its just you need to make a choice between an easy to use service or a standalone product.

Also havent some manufacturers already barred you from working on your own cars while its under its warranty period?

Here we go again.

>sport
american football to be illegal soon, thanks obama

Explain your meme

>sex
bags of sand, amirite?

i think hes talking about specifically when Obama said he would be hesitant to enroll his kids into a football program because of the very obvious CTE effects head-on-head collisions can cause whereas basketball & baseball are much less likely to result in head injuries.

there will be biological robots on the field controlled by players in VR suits

no one will ever be harmed again

Cars are the ultimate symbol of individual independence. Communists want to take them away from you, they want you to become a slave of the Government and their services. Now you might have a choice, but they'l begin putting more and more restrictions on car ownership in cities until nobody drives and they can simply ban driving outright with nobody complaining.

>this applies to guns as well

>with nobody complaining
oh there will be

but reddit will drown out freedom with their numbers

I'd rather hopscotch to my destination than even sit in one of those cuckmobiles.

you dont think it'd be cheaper and simpler to just design better helmets..

helmets don't prevent injury because it gives the incentive to hit harder

Probably, if only because it'd be much more convenient to just hail one of those over owning a car. Maintenance will be offloaded to whoever owns it, no insurance to pay, you don't even need to drive. You can stare out the window, play on your phone, do other things than drive. It will take a while for it to diffuse widely though, especially outside major population centers. Way longer than five years. Five years is when I'd expect for self driving cars to start making their first real appearances.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

No one took any of those away. And you dumbfucks really have to stop acting like if the government is going to break into your garage and replace your car with the Google Egg.

>he thinks it'll be a total ban

Major metros will ban cars made before X year for "pollution" (the smog still blows in from china)
Insurance rates will skyrocket as autotaxis become more accessible, since driving is riskier than taking a taxi
Only the rich will own cars
And then the rich will lose interest because autotaxis are comfier
And then cars will only be rented to thrill seekers...on sanctioned tracks. Because nobody is fucking buying them, and therefore they're no longer mass produced, having been phased out in favor

Also this will happen in crowded europe. Decentralized areas still need cars.

>nearest autotaxi depot is 2 hours away and can't service your whole town
>bus comes once a week
>you need to get to work every day
>weather is so shit that the sensors of self driving cars regularly fuck up, as they are never well maintained, ever
>yes, you still need a car

Please explain how anyone will be able to take my vehicles away from me.

they can't even agree to take my baby killing murder rifles away
you think they'll convince anyone to take away cars?

tax car owners like they tax cigarette smokers until it's too expensive to afford a personal ride

I can't wait for the mass robberies and carjacking by nigs. I have bad news for the people who think no one will take advantage of this.

They can't and won't ban on year or emissions. If they could they would. Your pre-obdII jalopy is good until you can no longer repair the drivetrain and the frame rusts out.

They can never and will never ban manually driven cars. It would be an economic disaster and create open rioting from coast to coast. Militias will use these riots as cover to knock out substations and water mains which takes all of three dudes and a pipe bomb per target. Texas will out and out secede over it, forget the guns and gay wedding cakes that shit would piss the entire state off in a heartbeat.

Human operated car ban = open bedlam and rebellion
End of story
Enjoy your shitbox it's not going anywhere

Tax what specifically? The government doesn't tax me because I smoke, they just tax my cigarettes. Are you talking about taxing fuel then?

>he would rather stare at his phone than driving freedom.

You fucking faggot.

Fuck you, I'm catching a good half hour of sleep during my commute.

implying your annual inspection sticker isn't really a tax. call a ownership tax to subsidize driverlesscars

call it anything. nothing stopped government from taxes anything before. as long as it's thinly veiled in improving society

backtoreddityougochappy

this. i know it's cool to hate on public transport on Veeky Forums but if it's more convenient then why not. use your car when you can actually enjoy the drive and not stuck in traffic on the way to work.

why not let people choose what they prefer

the problem is, the side that wants driverless cars also hate drivers. whereas drivers don't hate driverless cars.

Not everyone gets to ride the fun twisties to work. If you really fucking think stop and go is more fun than literally anything, I don't know what to say to you. FUCK commuting.

That's what you're supposed to the night before, rather than staying up to watch Jamal and Tyrone double-team your wife.

>those things
>took away
Pirates are fucking delusional

>going to sleep before 2AM
>even if you have to be up at 5
Sounds like normalfag talk. I bet you fuck with 3DPD, you fucking degenerate.

are you kidding that would be so fucking cool

This too. All I hear is

>b- but to make it work right all the cars have to be driverless!!!!!

this is how Blood Bowl will begin. would allow fatalities and gore in every sport

muh body

obamacare wont work until everyone pays their fare share of shekkels

This. In Spain for example, Podemos (a radical marxist party) only let electric cars use the roads near the city and city parkings on weekends in the cities where Podemos won (well, at least they were the Spain's shitholes before). That's fucking insane. Sometimes I think I'm dreaming in a siesta and all of this is a nightmare.

men wont be allowed to have dicks in 5 years

I was actually thinking about that lately.

These things won't avoid the ghettos because "muh political incorrectness". And I assume they will automatically stop as soon as anyone stands in front of it.
Good luck to liberal cucks during the next chimp out

>tfw secret truck in a secret garage in bumfuck nowhere
good luck Hillary, you will never find it.

there are so many situations where driverless cars fail, esp when it's hailed as a cab

i can see it working for a minimum amount of things esp with a human to take over in difficult situations

Driving on public/government roads isn't even a right.

guess offroading isn't a crime then

Doesn't even have to improve society really. Gov can just slap a tax on what ever it wants.

But you really think that the government can tax something into oblivion? Give me one example.

Insurance.

Not required to own a vehicle. That is what I was asking, what could the gov't tax that would prevent someone from owning a vehicle. Thankfully another user gave something specific, though they haven't answered my follow up question.

Name one thing the gov't has successfully taxed to the point that it is no longer around.

The chicken tax has kept small trucks out of the US (I don't know the details of it).

Granted, I don't think a lot of people miss them, because mini vans are probably more practical.

Which small trucks? Also stopping the import of something that is produced domestically wouldn't count as the product is still available.

>implying she will
Despite what the jews will tell you, not only was trump rather tame, but he was nice to her in that debate. The hellfire he could have rained upon her was great. I can't wait for CTR shills to get out of my board.

Mostly transit vans and any vehicle made in a foreign country that the chicken tax considers a "light truck". It's still likely that the lack of them compared to other vehicles is still limited due to greater demand for fullsize trucks.

I bet the current Ford Ranger that's produced and sold outside the US is affected by the tax -- it appears to be built by Mazda (it also has a similar design to Asian vehicles imo too). As well as the Toyota Hillux.

Hilux isn't so much tax as emission standards. And even then the real issue is that toyota doesn't want to make the effort for the US since they don't see a big enough market for it.

Also, last I heard we're getting light/medium duty trucks again. Ranger is supposed to come back along with S10's, though under a different name.

Autism will be cured in 5 years. OP btfo.

>In 5 years OP will still be an autist and cars will still be driven by users.

The USA relies on Military hardware

Military hardware will never transition to renewable energy

We will always have oil/gasoline here