/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #603 - Collage Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s17anmXInqGY
twitter.com/YTYogaFlame24/status/793246758121906176
youtube.com/watch?v=Gmd0HnwlpQE
youtube.com/watch?v=IL2avHnFxUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Almost finished with new thread
>This gets posted

You cheeky cunt.

1st for best boy

TIME FOR SPEED

Considering that they've mostly showed new stages when there are supposed to be more retro ones what do you think will be the second retro stage showed off for mania

If it makes you feel better, I'll never be making another thread.

The only reason I rushed this one out is because I wanted to make sure the artists that worked for thread 600 got some recognition.
You're in the driver seat from now on if you want.

Nah, this is a pretty sweet theme, anyways.

I just wasn't fast enough.

I can't be the only person that wants them to stop showing things off.

I don't want 2/3rds of the game spoiled for me before I even play it.

>collage Edition
So be it

Wait a minute.
Hold up.

Is this just a spin off story related to the games?
Or is this literally new Canon due to the genesis wave???
Because the latter would mean there was never a Robotnik or Knothole in the reboot universe.

>The only reason I rushed this one out is because I wanted to make sure the artists that worked for thread 600 got some recognition.
D'aww, we love you too user.

Neither. It's basically "This is how the Genesis games happened in the reboot universe". It's a flashback

>Neither. It's basically "This is how the Genesis games happened in the reboot universe". It's a flashback
This.
It's left up to interpretation whether this storyline also happened in the old universe since it takes place befire Robotnik would have taken over.

However, the fact that he's "Eggman" here would support the idea that he's the same guy they're fighting now, and not a new one that was originally a robo-Robotnik.

Actually says it's after he took over

Fucking this. Let me have SOME surprise, dammit.

>Yardley
Hope he's doing better

Guess the whole Classic mandate is dead and buried

Well it's after he's taken over, but before he went all super evil and ruled from robotropolis and waged war against knothole.

I'm honestly more interested in the next issue of universe, but I'll enjoy this ride either way.

BOOM BADDA BOOM BADDA BOOM

There is no Robotropolis in the reboot universe.

>There is no Robotropolis in the reboot universe.
How do we know this?
From my understanding the only things that happened differently were the exclusion of Penders-related characters and their plot arcs.

Robotropolis is SAT-AM territory, just like Shively and most of the freedom fighters. They're all fair game.

>Water shouldn't be purple.
Fuck you Sonic. Grape juice a best.

>Robotropolis is SAT-AM territory, just like Shively and most of the freedom fighters. They're all fair game.
Yes, they are, but I think they're avoiding that just to keep things simple.

My assumption is that all the stuff that happens in old universe issues 1-50 is replaced in new universe by what happens in these genesis comics, which closely follows the game.

This makes sense because new universe follows the games very closely.

What this means for Robotnik is that in new universe he's always been Eggman, and that he was the only one. He didn't die and get replaced by robo-Robotnik who became Eggman.

It makes the lore more simple to follow.

It's never mentioned in any of the flashbacks so far.

>How do we know this?

Ian said so plus it was covered in Sally's origin story that Eggman just took over Mobotropolis and got ousted later.

Thanks Doc

I love Eggmans face in the last panel. Looks like he's constipated.

dude

Silly rat, you don't have a home!

>Marble Zone

WHUD

Help me out, fools!

vocaroo.com/i/s17anmXInqGY

Essentially what these two people are saying, with the exception of Eggman's name. As we see here his real name is still in fact Robotnik.

Buy yeah, the whole Robotropolis thing? That didn't happen in the new uni. It's safe to assume that all the filler shit that happens between when they initially defeat Robotnik and when the countdown to chaos arc starts is also gone, which would make sense because the characters in the new universe are 3 years younger than they were in the old one (sonic was almost 19).

I missed the 600th thread, oh well.

>When did you start coming to the general?
I don't remember, but it was a while back. At least since early 2015, I was part of the birthday card for Flynn.

>How did you find the general?
A friend of mine showed it to me.

>Do you enjoy the general?
It's the only thing I come to this site for, I don't come around often and post even less, but I enjoy it here.

>Do you have any fond memories here?
I think the few times Flynn was here or mentioned this place were great, I also enjoyed making the birthday card for him.

>You think we'll make it to #700?
At this rate, we'll be there in a few months.

I-Its not like I like fighting you Eggman! Bakka!

Sl - eve - lee

nice

>I'll never be making another thread.
Why the hell not?

snibbly :-DDD :-DDDDD

O-oh? You like it?

I just generally don't make them any more (I used to about 100 threads ago) and I don't want to take someone's job.

>Sonic just slapped Ivos' ass
*intense lip smacks*

>Mahvel 4 is Happening

V I D E O G A M E S

you don't talk about that shit without posting some kind of link mate.

twitter.com/YTYogaFlame24/status/793246758121906176

>How'd you beat me back here?
>beat me back here
>beat me back

Oh no.

I WANT TO BELIEVE
TEN MORE YEARS

i'm not familiar with these guys, could someone confirm if it's true?

It'll get a lot of advertisements, people will get hype for it, then everyone as a comunity will decide that it's subpar, that MvC 2 was better and then die atrophy within 2 years time.

Oh NO.

OH NO.

AW FUCK

AW SHIT

youtube.com/watch?v=Gmd0HnwlpQE

Ok, so there was a knothole then.

What? What is it?

>That hand holding
Cute! But also really fucking lewd. Isn't this comic meant for kids like us?

Look at the shadow.

>They're joking about how there's only 6 emeralds in Sonic 1

I love this.
I've been with the comic since the beginning believe it or not and it's neat to see them revisit the beginning like this in the new timeline. I like how they didn't scrap knothole and the original freedom fighters.
It looks like the two timelines have a lot in common.

Thanks for the storytime user
This early storytime helped wash the bad taste of another early storytime I saw on /co/

>Ya gotta go slow!

I HAVE ASCENDED TO A FORM BEYOND TRIGGERED.

FUCKING FIRE ESQUIVEL ALREADY

>They actually fucking referenced that one Sonic police game
The absolute fucking madmen

Not gonna lie, Yardley looks pretty out of practice. This issue was rough in a lot of places.

Has Mega Drive 2 been storytimed yet?

No

This looks like a 'who would win' edit

fuck yeah

That's a wrap folks! Thank you and have a great day. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to scream into a pillow for the third day of delay for my Collectors Edition of Titanfall 2.

You mean HAAH WAAW

Does it come with a Titan statue?

That's a cover I'd use as a poster

No, just that cool helmet and some other neat stuff. That I don't have yet.

*distant agony*

I really hate this cover. Sonic is ugly and the symmetry is so boring. A rare miss from Spaz imo.

That's a good impression, almost had me convinced there. Unless Mike's voice has been getting a bit growlier

Honestly, I found this face funnier than any of Hesse's.

Mien furher, I CAN WALK!

Pretty good start to a new arc although I would have liked to see more of snivley and eggman

What the actual fuck is happening in Andrew P's art?

anyone actually get one of these?

youtube.com/watch?v=IL2avHnFxUs

here let me help you

at literal 1000% Zoom the guy has pretty good speed lines going on

When will we get a new chao garden?

SA3

Project 2017

Never, A-Life is patented

Knew that since Countdown to Chaos.