Fwd hate

Now I am fairly new to this board and I have noticed a lot of hate for shit that makes no sense. The most common I see is fwd car hate which makes no sense because no one drive type will dominate any one area. A fwd strength is in its ability to corner at speed, the zx3 focus were beating Porsches on the track because of this. Now I'm not talking hur dur meh Honda here,I am talking a legitimate purpose built fwd track/road that should eat everything up until you are pushing into exotic price range and even then you could put that type of money into the motor to keep up.

>A fwd strength is in its ability to corner at speed
Did /hg/ tell you this

You are misinterpreting the hate. This is a Honda hate board.

>FWD cornering at higher speed.

Fuck off and get yourself some book learning before posting again.

Fuck off Corey

What kind of Honda do you drive and how teenaged are you?

>HONDA SIMPLY CANT COMPETE
>FWD A SHIT

It's not hate, it's justified dislike. FWD is objectively inferior in a car, that's just a fact.

Lmfao

I think we really need to talk about the unnecessary hate for Nissan on this board.

>fwd
>cornering

The only reason I can see fwd being inferior is because of the car it is attached to and I am not talking a straight line runner here fuck you if you think you can run straight line in a fwd

FWD just isnt for performance cars. Which is kind of why most of the people on this board are here. Despite half of them not owning a car anyway, and 1/4 only owning some cheap shitbox with 100 bhp.

For daily driving your drivetrain wont make a difference.

It's inferior because of the weight balance, plain and simple.

Agreed. We should ban ecoboost post too. I think they come from the same shit poster.

>I can't defend my inferior drivetrain so I'm just going to start name calling

>NISSAN FAGGOTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

But that's the thing a purpose built fwd is nice I'm not talking balls to the wall max performance top speed wannabe ricer, but a legitimate fwd track/mountain car should be able to hold its own, every car had strengths and weaknesses and with enough money you can change anything. My point is a purpose built fwd should hold merit instead of just saying it is inferior because it is fwd why is it inferior

Any engine/drivetrain layout can be good with the proper setup. Its just some engine layouts are more conducive to better performance by default.

gr8 b8 thread m8

What make is the bus you ride?

I dont own a FWD car. I even said it isn't as good as RWD.

Three words Veeky Forums literally can't bear to hear;
P A R A S I T I C
D R I V E T R A I N
L O S S

Couple of years ago I was driving a twisting road, and a guy in a Ferrari 456 was catching up to me.
He then proceeds to trying to follow me very closely I get fired up and somehow increase the length between us, so that I have about 5 seconds lead, but then we get to a long straight stretch where I am passed and probably lies 5 seconds behind.
Somehow I manage to catch up on the twisting parts that follows.
Must have felt pretty bad for the guy driving the Ferrari as I was in my Peugeot 406 Break HDI with about 110 HP packed for vacation :P
Point of the story is that in most cases driver has more to say than the car and layout.

Lmao

The same one ur mom rides back home after we done fucking
>reliability
Pic related

>why is it inferior

Because RWD can hold more slip angle and is also more stable at holding slip angle than FWD

The key words here are *balance/stability*

RWD will always be more balanced/stable than FWD when both are optimally configured for their application (namely performance driving, ergo why FWD is looked down upon in performance applications)

Clear everything up for you?

Also, AWD is superior to both for obvious reasons as stated above
Which is BALANCE and STABILITY

Oh it just be a school bus then. She was the one that was Fucking those high school kids.

Must*

Ahaha so what you're saying is you have no fucking clue and you're just shooting bs you heard

Not an argument

Balance/Stability/Applied Power= performance

FWD is inherently unbalanced- period

While FWD can apply power and maintain a medium to high level of stability, this only applies in lower power applications.

At a certain power threshold, FWD is very unstable and can not continually apply the same amount of power as RWD/AWD with the same amount of stability/control relative to slip angle/grip in approaching oversteer/understeer

In lamens terms
>RWD/AWD can handle more Power with more stability/control than FWD
>RWD/AWD can handle oversteer/understeer more efficiently in high power applicatoins than FWD
>RWD/AWD is more balanced and can therefore achieve higher coefficients of grip which will also be more stable/balanced than FWD

What about mid/rear engine rear wheel drive?

Jesus okay let's clear one fucking thing up now,I didn't say fwd is the end all be all,I would fucking love to see a 600+ hp rwd or awd take the corners of fwd in a fight course setting like track or mountain course. That being said as far as this bullshit you are calling balance a fwd would win into the 500 hp range. Half your post is right on the fact of physics,a fwd had all of its weight on the frying where all of its driving and turning force come from.on a rwd you have the weight usually in the front giving you less grip on your driving force and more on your running which results in going rear end taking fast turns. Awd had both with it's strength being in its pull push force, which also affects its ability to do both with major effect a kind of Jack of all type requiring much more power to do the same as a rwd. Now that being said more power doesn't always mean faster, it is the purpose built that comes into play which I am talking about.you seem to be comparing a civic as a race application which had shit tier everything.

A lot of miss placed words but I am on my phone but the point is there

This is Veeky Forums and all Veeky Forums is /b/. Deal with it.

This is only an issue for na four banger fags hun

F4>MR>FR

>a fwd would win into the 500 hp range

No, try 200-250, and that's only because of *WEIGHT* on tracks like Tsukuba.

The only advantage FWD has is Weight and sometimes acceleration- period

And with that statement I know you have no clue what you're talking about and all of your car knowledge and racing experience is from a videogame with light to light drag in your rwd stock 90s mustang v6

You're projecting
and you're still completely wrong

In terms of Balance/Stability/Applied Power
FWD will not be superior to a RWD/AWD layout

The ONLY reason it wins races is because of Weight/Acceleration- period

It is in fact the inferior performance layout when compared to RWD/AWD overall and the majority of categories

Feel free to remain ignorant to facts though

Name a production/factory FWD car with over 500hp???

You are a complete fucking idiot, KYS

The most powerful FWD car ever made only makes 270 hp user . . .

I could go on for hours on different applications for all drive types and motor position but seeing as I am no longer at work and you seem to be a true product of Veeky Forums autistic thought of my opinion and what I think is fact i am done. All drive types have a place where they are best, the fact that you refuse to even Google check the basics is hilarious but yeah I agree rwd will make more power and speed, a awd will usually have more grip and control, a fwd will usually go where you put it and all of this is only true if you know how to drive otherwise every drive force will put you into a wall because you're a moron who can't understand control

I'm not talking production at all a production fwd is a joke no where in this thread have I mentioned a production fwd

the opposite of this is true

>thinks fwd can hand over 300 hp
>most powerful fwd car ever made only makes 278hp

There's a reason they don't make them more powerful you oblivious retard. FWD isn't engineered to be able to use more power effectiviely and is therefore limited.

306 hp

Forgot about the civic type R (basically a computer on wheels in order to even perform)

Golf GTI Clubsport S is faster around the ring than the Civic

but it has 1 less hp so . .

yeah, I don't think FWD can safely handle power above 270- 300 is pushing it and I believe engineers know that

maybe he was just cruising?

I dunno. I like my FoST, and it's FWD.
I'd like rwd if it didn't snow here, but even if it didn't, I'd take awd over it if given the choice of the three.

>the zx3 focus were beating Porsches on the track because of this.
Totally because of the drive train and not the fact it weighs fucking 1000 pounds lighter.

A RWD car is the more pure layout for sporty driving, and AWD is for gotta go fast

FWD has packaging advantages and better traction in snow due to all the weight being over the drive wheels, and that's about it. That's not to say they can't be fun (see: original Mini) but by rule it's not the best layout

>ability to corner at speed
pretty much have to late apex and trail brake all the time to get anything done with fwd
fwd is not very responsive and gives very little ability to recover from any mistake

No?

Why do you think that?

I know at least the Impala SS/Monte Carlo SS/Grand Prix GXP all were ~300

Man honestly, reading you argue hurts my fucking brain.

I mentioned the new type R civic at 306 hp

300-306 hp is the limit right now for performance FWD, and in order for that power to safely run it's all done by computers.
Hurts reading the truth?

>Impala SS/Monte Carlo SS/Grand Prix GXP
>sports cars that compete RWD/AWD

pick one

I never said that. I was merely replying to someone who said FF doesn't go above 270 HP

Eat a dick faggot

No one cares about your amerifat sedan nigger mobiles

kys

I'll take "torque steer" for $200 Alex.
That's half my HP

>That's half my HP

How well does your setup run around a racetrack compared to the other RWD/AWD cars?

Or are you one of those drag racing highway pull faggots

I just moved across country, is there a track close to central Georgia?
I honestly don't know. I've been busy building a house.
If I find one, I'll run it and post times.
Pic very, very related.

Ignore filename, I'll post timestamp when you post your shitbox experience.

This isn't drag stance BTW, this is what's holding

Nah he was trying very hard to get away, he did some reckless passes a bit later just to get away. Got the feeling that it was a kid of a rich person trying to be cool, and was probably a bit afraid of pushing it to hard in the corners. If he knew how to drive it he should have no trouble leaving me far behind.

This

It's primarily people who benchrace and care about burgerking lap times.

RWD cars might get faster times, but that doesn't mean an fwd can't be fun to drive.