Why does big 4 accounting suck so bad?

Looking to get stabbed so I don't have to busy season. Any takers?

hahahahaahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why not find a job in industry instead?

>working 80+ hours a week for just 60k a year

why do CPAs do this?

Landed an internship in a Big 4 company. Don't give a fuck about auditing but want the company name on my CV.

What am I in for exactly?

getting coffee

CPA here. I dont understand the big four meme. You could spend those three years in industry learning actually useful shit and getting home on time.

Congrats on the internship, but unless you want to work for that company after you're done with school, it might hurt you in the long run.

Guy in a big city who is going back to college for 2nd bachelors in acc opinion: Doors open for big 4 acc members because they have a large enough staff to run thru a giant billion dollar company, work as part of a team w auditing and do some independent analysis.

For myself many are willing to give an acc major a shot over fin from non target with less than a 1yr exp.

Sweet.

>it might hurt you in the long run
In the long run, I wouldn't think a few month internship would matter that much, positive or negative.

Why do you think it might hurt me?

Entry-level employers want you to be a clean slate so you can learn how to do shit their way. Even if "your" way seems to be better, which it probably is, they want things their way and that's that.

I'm not saying it's not a chance to get some good references, but just remember that proactive interference is a real bitch to correct.

I've heard rumors about the "subtle indoctrination" culture that prevails in Big 4 and large management consulting companies. Seems like I'll have to actively avoid becoming a corporate puppet, and instead focus at this internship as more of a technical learning situation.

But thanks for the heads up, lad.

where you from?

Don't know about subtle... I have two friends working at (different) big 4 firms and it's like they're brainwashed. When they get together they try and 1 up each other as to who works more hours...

That's what happens when you drink the kool-aid. Otherwise you're like me and do b4 work, but try not to let it consume your life, and you get reviews saying 'well you completed all of your work, but you should've done more even if you meet your goals'

Why are the managers such cunts like that?

>why do idiots do this

Fixed

Get CPA, go into industry, fucking big 4, fucking public accounting, that shit kills your soul

Industry accounting is way better
>have one day each week where I can work from home
>5 weeks of vacation a year
>10 sick days
>benefits, holidays, no busy season except year end as it's mostly consistent period reporting
>make just as much as public accountants in big 4, sometimes less but at least I dont hate my life and job

EU

Tryna not end up like this, more interested in industry jobs and ending up as a CFO (or other exec level manager).

CMA or CIA is way more useful in industry than the CPA

CPA is basically for audit and attest services (i.e. public accounting)

You're fucking retarded

CPA is the most accredited and sought after cert/designation. It's also the most useful, a CPA is needed for any career in accounting and the majority of finance careers.

You're going to have a hard time finding a single Controller or CFO who doesn't have their CPA

Why dont auditors just start up their own little business instead?