/rlg/ - Roguelike General

>DCSS 0.19 Tournament runs 4/11 to 20/11
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/

Remember that anyone can captain a team!

>DCSS 0.19 Released
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/crawl-0-19-dancing-through-memory

>IA 19.0 beta (2cc315d)
www118.zippyshare.com/v/o0zLRgk9/file.html

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nethack.devnull.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Roguelikes are the best, I love roguelikes.

thats not a nice tummy

Post a better one then.

This is a tummy free zone, you're not allowed to post tummies here. There's nothing stopping you from posting them, but most of the community is respecting my "ban" on tummies.

Hi guys I'm drunk again and it's Tuesday night

I called in sick today and tomorrow too

>You see a Giant white centipede Skeleton.
lolwut

Your life is spiraling down user. How will you escape this inevitable doom closing down on you? Will you do nothing and just accept your situation? Do you have what it takes to endure the homeless life? If not, what are you going to do?

Seems to be working.

It's kind of odd that you can see their exact hp numbers, yet you need a trait to see your own.

I have some savings I guess. I'm not worried, I just want to relax a bit. I can always find a new job after a small break. My body still can handle drinking at least, I used to have lot of stomach issues but now I'm more stable.

If anyone wants to join me on a team for the DCSS tourney, reply to this post with the online name you will be using.

Then add the following line:
#TEAMCAPTAIN nikheizen
to the top of your 0.19 rc on your preferred server.

No pressure if you are new to the game or haven't won yet!

No idea for a team name as of yet either.

AAAAA

drunken russian powerhouse

Oh yeah please specify if you actually want to join the team so I can distinguish people telling me I'm a faggot from people with the username faggot.

i want to join the team

Please don't bully me any more.

i want to join the team and my name online is AAAAA

>tfw want to play webtiles but the nearest server is on the other hemisphere
I'd try to set up my own 3rd world server but I guess there are like 4 south american players

hello my BR friend how is the crime and corruption going on in your beautiful black country huehuehue?

Josefromcouch

you forgot to tell him you want to join the team

bastard

Oh. I want to join the team. We should be the shouting ogres or something.

No, I am from the glorious chilean empire aka the europe of south america.

Apparently after their right leg healed they moved the splint over to their left.

Double splints, double the healing, right?

So is this going to be the official /rlg/ team or what?

Is DDA good now? I've heard they fixed some of the issues of NPCs.

It's basically the same game.

It was last time.

i hereby declare it to be the official /rlg/! whosoever joins this team shall be bestowed with the blessings of /rlg/, doomed to carry our hopes and dreams.

Alrighty then. I am not sure if I should participate, though. I have barely played anything past 0.17 and I'm not very good in general.

Okay, I added you guys.
Currently set the team name to "Literal (Figurative) Stomachs (Tummies)" which is shit so tell me if you have a better idea.

>official
We can have as many teams as we like. Considering they can only have 6 members, I figure that means 2-3.

Uhhh... anyone?

>play on xtahua for years
>only now realize underhound is the closest server to my location
>it even lets you play versions down to .10
>tfw don't want to leave your home server

>forgot password to CAO
>can only use lantea now
>even though it's a continent away

suffering

I think i underestimated the strength of AMHDs compared to normal ancient dragons (or my 9-headed hydra, which is basically just an up-statted ancient red)

*I* resisted poison, and with my mount I was at +15 speed... but my mount didn't resist shit. The rainbow D just about instakilled it, causing me to drop from +15 to +0 speed and letting it double-turn me for the followup kill.

this wouldnt have happened if my cavalry was a centaur instead of an inferior beastman

sheeeeit

yeah mount intrinsics are pretty important, as is your character having immunity to any auras your mount has

They show up under your character information for that particular tournament. You can get as many banners as you like. Its where a lot of the fun comes from, in my opinion.

oh arelgee pick a new class for me to play now that my cavalry is daed

If you feel like playing in the tourney there is no reason not to join a team unless they are only taking "serious players."

Tried RandomRandom^First god.

Got NaWz^Pakellas which was an interesting experience. Effectively reducing all my skill levels to 0 on D:5 was an exercise in tactics and frustration before my inevitable early death.

Play a halftitan trump beastmaster instead.

I fucking hate Hell.

TheAlmightyOne on CBRO.

>the +1 Helmet of the Crypt {rC+, Slay +2}

Thank you, Robin.

I propose "For the glory of the Pharaoh!".

was it meant to be?

no spells until level 3, geez

I suggest [REMOVE CBLINK 2017]

Get Song of Slaying and become Kratos, my son.

>antennae
>thin skeletal structure
i didn't choose this life
it chose me

ok literally the first time i cast summon spiders i got a hostile one and it killed me

note to self dont use high failrate summon spells while at low hp

You just need the darkness mutation and you'll be all set.

DCSS should have it's own general thread so we can separate discussion of roguelikes and that game. DCSS is not really a roguelike or even a good game.

Do you want to kill /rlg/?

Do you think you're the first stupid who had that retarded idea? Think again; there's millions of retards in the world.

You are not special.

user i... i don't even know who i am anymore

DDA will not be good until they add in z-levels and make the map interesting

I'm sure the only way these things will be added in involves me doing it myself

Damn, nigga. I didn't even noticed you already had it. And the lajatang, man...
What a lucky start.

hell or pan

You will fault in Lair:3

Remember this post when you do

The Tummy Triad or Mummies With Attitude (M.W.A)

Cloning Pits quest went fairly well, though there was a bit of a scary moment near the start with the Father Dagon clones. Nothing dropped that I'm likely to actually use. There was one ring of rBase that got destroyed by a Gachapin clone chaos breath, the bastard. A lot of items were lost to those breaths...

Anyways didn't spend much on the quest fortunately, but didn't gain much except the guaranteed *healing* potions, which are safe in the house (regular healing is plenty with sacred vitality right now)
rip

Scummy Mummy and the Cummy Tummies

ok after TWO embarrassing "miscast the first summon spell you cast and then die" incidents i have successfully lived long enough to overrun the thief quest with creepy crawlies

my starting horse is dead though, i think freesia actually oneshot it with its garbo 4d5 hp

I think the only major hurdle to z-levels right now is vehicles.

PCB tiles when

poor horse
I always try to keep it alive even when I have better options.
It always dies. Sometimes it levels up a few times though first.

holy shit why

i go get my quest reward and there are TWO tigers hanging around the town

and i miscast my first summon spell again, and got surrounded by hostile spiders AGAIN

WHY IS THIS CLASS SO HARD

WHY ARE THERE +10 SPEED OOD SPAWNS IN THE STARTING TOWN

chris made townganks more common and harder for some reason recently. I lost a level 25 ancestor of my current paladin to a bad one a couple days ago. That same day, I watched a level ~23 priest die to one on termcast.

What's a yeek?

how come in the newest version of crawl pressing @ no longer describes your stealth level?

A niglet

Nethack annual 2016 DevNull tournament starts today and runs through the month:
nethack.devnull.net/

pan

user beastmasters are best at shooting, especially from mountback. Obviously you'll do melee too (they're decent at it), but don't neglect your dex and bow.

Because your stealth is measured in pips on your character screen.

that's no reason to remove the tasty messages ;_;

Is android runeknight still the easiest combo

Damn, Oka. I'm happy I didn't actually betrayed you to clear endgame.

my base dex is only 1 lower than my base strength

that's just the half-titan stat bonuses in action

Looks like you are projecting self hatred here. Being angry on internet is not really an accomplishment on any level. Do you hate your life?

I'm not as big a fan of stormbow as I am piercer or krishna, but that is pretty dank.

Oka already gifted me Piercer for killing Mara. He wasso honored for the kill that he rewarded me hadsomely.
That's why I'm doing Hells with him as my god instead of Zin or TSO. He was too damn based this run to betray him.

>tank ram into a fucking bush one too many times
>tank is destroyed
okay

I know what game you're playing

The bush is clearly the superior vehicle

Time to switch

fucking kill me please

guess

How does one ride a bush?

>be me
>be doing roleplay in CDDA as bush
>spend tens of thousands of hours grinding up my toughness and lignitude while making sure to keep training my bush-fu powerful melee combat
>Hundreds of deer, bears, and pedestrians have fallen to me in combat
>Getting bored of this save, thinking of abandoning it
>Suddenly a new challenger appears
>Tank rumbles over the horizon
>It's coming straight for me
>I withstand multiple powerful blows, retaliating each time with my woody strength
>My bush-fu senses are prepared for the one chance I'll get
>Finally it comes once more at just the right angle
>I collide with it in the weak point, channeling all of my morale and skill grinding into this one moment of fell power
>The enemy tank is destroyed!
>Truly now I have no more to accomplish in this stupid sandbox game
>Abandon save

Wilth courage

:^)

uh...Demon? I meant to link that image to tankbush user but yeah. I don't even really get how Demon is played except at the broadest level...I have it on my computer but have never even finished chargen.

Is SS13 a roguelike?

>npc buddy's left leg finally heals like twenty days later
>segfaults as soon as they wake up
Amazing.

Hopefully there's a way to get the splint off with the debug functions, I think that is what they are trying to do and breaking things.

Nah, I'm playing cata

"Few live to see another."

Actually it's easier than that. Apparently you can just remove their clothes while they sleep.

Nothing weird about that.